RP IDEA BRAINSTORMING !!!

Started by Ahlila, April 28, 2010, 01:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ahlila

i dunno i can do anything , im not picky who i rp with :D i just wanna have fun <33

any who i was thinking something crazy like group of friends investigating a old supposedly  haunted house . and the poor monsters just wanting to be left alone <XD ... or not  it could be dinner time!

or something with pirates!!

or.. umm i dunno  , pitch me some ideas  :D

Wheresmycow

I'm game.  Do you want to come up with something really quickly or do you want something that'll take time to figure out?
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Ahlila

well define quickie and long time to figure out .

Wheresmycow

Quote from: Ahlila on April 28, 2010, 02:11:46 AM
well define quickie and long time to figure out .
There's a joke right there, but since I'm supposed to stay PG-13, I can't execute it.  Sad cow.

Well, usually the RP's I've collaborated with people, it usually takes a couple days or so to hash out a setting, nail some details down and so on.  The fast method is we could hack out a setting tonight at the soonest, or finish up tomorrow and start playing right away.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Ahlila

AHAHA aww man i didnt even realize the implicaton to that till now ahaha <XD

but any wayyy...

'
HMM well we could do it either way , i would like to try the long way tho :) sounds really fun !

Wheresmycow

*Blinks* The long way?  A little unexpected but sure.

Well, you said you wanted pirates right?  Personally, I've always been a big fan of the Final Fantasy setting.  Regardless as to what people think about the games, they do a great job with setting.  Have you ever played or looked at Final Fantasy Twelve and the setting there?  Because I think a setting like that would be great for doing something like an airship pirate RP.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Ahlila

if you wanna do the short version thats ok too im not picky *heads scratch*

the pirate thing was sorta random but YEA i can do that!!

umm i have not played 12 but i may have seen it .. not so familiar with it

Wheresmycow

I recommend going to wikipedia to get a rough idea of the setting and then go to youtube to look at some of the cutscenes.  It's pretty awesome looking and is just plain cool.  We'll probably end up making up a lot of stuff up on our own though since it's usually a good idea to customize a setting to our own tastes.

So what kind of style of game are you into?  Airship pirates is a good start point but are you looking for an action adventure, maybe something more comedic or does drama pique your interests?  What do you want to do in the RP?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Ahlila

i dunno im sorta exploring as far as kinds of rp . theres alot i wanna sorta learn.

i guess i really liked ff 10 , and i sorta liked bioshock as well , devil may cry . umm lesse i played a little of 13 . and i like games like phantom brave ... OH i really love WoW 
(yes im a major nerd)

like the steam punk genre ! . and i have done drama rp but im sorta in experienced in action & adventure.

uhhmmm i hope im helping ;; 

Wheresmycow

Well, it's good to know where your experience lies.  If you've done drama stuff but don't have much experience with action and adventure, the focus of the RP can be placed on ship life and those land bound moments, with a little bit of action being woven in every so often.  That way, you can explore how you feel about the action and adventure side of things without being overwhelmed.

I find it a little funny though that you're inexperienced with action and adventure but like games like Bioshock and Devil May Cry.  Have you done much RP before?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Ahlila

ok sounds cool!!

ahahaha ,i have not done a LOT of serious text rp my experience lies in something called paint chat. its where you can draw on a big digital white board , and a lot of people draw do rp there. as far as rp goes no i am not new to it . as far as text , i am mediocre at best and hope to improve!! :'(

Wheresmycow

Well, I find that the best way to improve is to do some reading and writing, on top of participating in RP's.  Finding your preferred medium to RP is also helpful since some people like to RP in threads, while others prefer IM or PM.

So, we're doing airship/sky pirates with a focus on drama and some action/adventure on the side.  What kind of drama are you into?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Ahlila

lol i like all kinds of drama . im not picky, but yanno drama is generated by conflicting char personalities and plot twists . 

but i guess if i had to give an example of what i like , i guess i like deep conflicts , like i had this one char named Valentina who accidentally killed her creator/father. and was to afraid to sorta admit that she had done it to her siblings. so she kinda went through the rp with this really heavy secret on her shoulders while her siblings were out looking for the killer. pretty crazy bidness

and of coarse i have done angsty stuff , i have a cher shang who is this Chinese dragon .thing with a human fourmn and in that universe she caused a genocide ;;; sorta dark shit .. i rather not  really go there

and last but not least i enjoy a good romance drama but i admit the stuff can get kinda hair pulling ;;

what type of drama do you like ?

Wheresmycow

That looks like some pretty awesome dramatic RP's there.

I like dilemmas, where the character is faced with two choices that aren't good at all but needs to PICK ONE NOW *fist comes down on palm* and then has to deal with the consequences.  Character conflict is fun when the people controlling the characters have an understanding going on.  But one I'd like to play around with is the sort of drama that comes from the character having lots of power and then having to do something with it, with all the consequences that come up.

I've tried to do romance dramas but it's really hard to find a good partner for it.  I'm beginning to think it requires creative chemistry between the players, kind of like how chemistry between actors make romance movies better.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Ahlila

i agree , romance can turn sorta dubious if not with the right person.

lol a rushed choice sounds fun!! that definite could start some major drama . uhmmm im thinking something like '' JOIN MY CREW AND YER THE CABBIN BOY '' '' IF NOT YER FISH BAIT'' though that one is sorta obvious

Wheresmycow

Well, a good one could be "If you say goodbye to your sister and be one of my crew, I'll use one of my contacts to find her honest work.  Otherwise, both of you can continue begging on the street and see how that works out for you two.  Winter will be coming soon and a lot of beggars freeze to death."
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Ahlila

YEAH!! lol thats better than my idea , i guess i would also question whether magic is at all in this world or . if like its all innovation n such .

also there is the question of characters

Wheresmycow

Yea, need to flesh out the setting a bit more.  I'm fond of magic, since it allows things like airships and other fantastical machines without having to explain much.

We also probably want to nail down some common places where the characters will be at, say like describing the airship, maybe a pirate city of some sort and a legitimate city.  Just so we're not scrambling to make stuff up later on.

As for characters, I haven't really thought up much yet.  Usually I like to see what the setting is like and what other people are playing in order to get some inspiration.  Do you have a character in mind?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Ahlila

lol not really i usually create worlds around chars, but i can do it the opposite way this time !

hmm im thinking maybe there is a sorta pirate city in the mountains some where. i can draw up a map . but i wont have it till tomorrow

also to define pirates , there has to be some sort of government .. hmmm

is it a democracy? or a monarchy ? whats that like ? and are there gods? etc etc~

Wheresmycow

Actually, I've never designed around characters before.  That sounds like an interesting way of doing things.

Pirate city in the mountains seems like a good idea, especially since airships are the way to go.  I don't know about gods, I never really bother with them but I'm open to the idea.  And I think pirates would have like a pseudo-democracy, where the pirate captains get to vote and more powerful captains have bigger influence.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Ahlila

ahh !! thats a fantastic idea ! but im afriad im going to have to sleep on this. its 3:37 am and i have to get up eraly ;; sorry ill be on tomorrow! nini

Wheresmycow

My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs