Quote from: Remiel on April 03, 2016, 12:46:24 PM

Victim's Identity - Young adult

Ryven: Scissors, Leather Bag, Mobile Phone
Mia: Dumbbell, Riddle
Mint: Glue?
MP: Computer Disk, candy?
Christa: Betting chips, Lunch box?
Remiel: Alcohol, Herbal Medicine, Cocktail

The items in italics are the ones that I feel are the weakest/most of a stretch.  I don't know that "Scissors", "Candy", "Lunch Box", or "Glue" would apply to Young Adult as much as Child, and an old 1980s Floppy Disk would definitely seem to point to Middle Aged or Senior.

Mobile Phone, Dumbbell, Alcohol, and Cocktail seem to be the best hits here.

Leather bag seems applicable. Children't don't carry leather as much but adults would?  What about Office Supplies in Mia?  Young Adults work in offices / cubes a lot now, and those would be storeroom material.    I have documents which could refer to marriage or buying a house or other things young adults do.   Storeroom doesn't really fit it though.   Agree with you on the computer disk given it's the older type and storeroom doesn't really fit that either.    What about Yugi's Gear?  You could store gear in a storeroom and it could be young adult if you were thinking like military gear?  I would rule out Lunch box. I would definitely have put child for that one.    ANd Remi yours says cockroach, not cocktail :P   But I like your version better!   

yugi006

Gear isn't really specific so I thought it meant like the gears to a mchine or something but it could be what you are thinking.

Ryven

Quote from: Mintprincess on April 03, 2016, 10:32:46 PM
ANd Remi yours says cockroach, not cocktail :P   But I like your version better!

Maybe he was thinking Alcohol because he already has that.  ::)

Galactic Druid

Victim's Expression - peaceful, struggling, frightened, in pain, blank, angry

The FS has chosen Struggling!
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Ryven

Struggling, hmm?  Possibly being tied up? 

Belt, Metal Chain, Wire, or Metal Wire maybe. 

Mintprincess

But belt and wire and such seem like suffocation (strangulation) would have been the cause of death then.   Looking at remy's list.

Ryven: Scissors, Hook
Mia h: Match (burnt to death?), Crutch, Dumbbell
Mint: Explosives (can't get more severe than blown apart), Dagger
MP: Pistol, axe
Yugi: Arson (see above), Hammer
Christa: Kerosene?
Remiel: Box cutter, Chainsaw

I think I had more weapons on my list but I can't go back and grab it on the phone.

You could struggle with any blunt weapon.  Burning maybe if you had signs of trying to put it put or pull off clothing?   But more I'm leaving to some kind of blunt force weapon where the person would probably fight back. 

Yes?

Ryven

True. I wouldn't cross metal wire off though as that isn't in the murder weapon category.

Galactic Druid

Sudden Incident - Power Failure, Fire, Conflict, Loss of Valuables, Scream, Nothing

mia h

That's assuming Remi's list is correct, but the storeroom is kinda bugging me. Well not the storeroom so much as the rest of the list, they are all domestic settings so whatever the clue is pointing to then it is something found in the home, so that would cross Minty's explosives off the list, but the assumption is that the second clue is about the means and not the evidence. So Minty's documents, vegetables and glue would all be found in the home, but maybe not in a storeroom (well maybe the vegetables).

After last time, I'm a little less certain about crossing things of the list prematurely.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Remiel

Quote from: Ryven on April 04, 2016, 12:33:28 PM
Struggling, hmm?  Possibly being tied up? 

Belt, Metal Chain, Wire, or Metal Wire maybe.

All of those have to do with asphyxiation/loss of breath, so I don't think those are viable candidates.

Struggling could mean anything, but mostly likely some sort of weapon that couldn't take the victim by surprise--i.e. poison.  Going out on a huge stretch, it could be something obtuse, like "struggling with a riddle."

Then again, Struggle + Conflict are making me take a closer look at Ryven's Kick.  I am not sure that a kick would cause severe injury, though.

Ryven

Quote from: Remiel on April 04, 2016, 02:01:06 PM
All of those have to do with asphyxiation/loss of breath, so I don't think those are viable candidates.

If the means of murder were asphyxiation, yes.  So the ones in the means of murder category you can cross off.  However, the Metal Wire is a key evidence card, so it is entirely possible that struggling could be pointing toward being tied up with said wire.  Probably not the case, but something worth noting before we cross it off.

Struggling could mean anything, but mostly likely some sort of weapon that couldn't take the victim by surprise--i.e. poison.  Going out on a huge stretch, it could be something obtuse, like "struggling with a riddle."

I think that would be a stretch, so I wouldn't take it as my first choice.

Then again, Struggle + Conflict are making me take a closer look at Ryven's Kick.  I am not sure that a kick would cause severe injury, though.

It's entirely possible, but I agree about kick not really causing severe injury.  I'm also not the murderer, but I am fair enough to debate my own cards.  I think the storeroom is more a key for the weapon though.  It's hard to tell whether these last couple were pointing toward weapon, evidence, or both.

Mintprincess

What would you call kick if not severe injury? One 'kick' usually doesn't kill but people could be kicked to death by repeated kicking and I would definitely put that under severe injury.  Young adult fits that too.  Where as storeroom doesn't but storeroom could also be for the evidence. 

Metal wire I didn't realize was evidence either so yes I agree. 

Most definitely struggle and conflict plus severe injury indicate some sort of violent crime to me, so I lean to weapons that would cause that.   

We just need to start matching those weapons with things in storerooms that seem young adultish. Which isn't suited for me to do on the phone :P

yugi006

It has been said before that the location and cause of death usually refer to the means of murder but that isn't always the case. I don't know if we are going in the right direction or not.

Galactic Druid

This has been kind of a tricky round for everyone, but I think this next clue is going to crack the case wide open!

Day this round started - St. Patrick's Day, Winter Solstice, Chinese New Year, April Fools Day, Earth Day, Thanksgiving

Clio

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on April 04, 2016, 09:27:39 PM
This has been kind of a tricky round for everyone, but I think this next clue is going to crack the case wide open!

Day this round started - St. Patrick's Day, Winter Solstice, Chinese New Year, April Fools Day, Earth Day, Thanksgiving

So I'm confused.

Does that mean that there's not a murderer? And this isn't a real game? Or....?
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Mintprincess

I'm also confused ..... 

And maybe a bit unhappy

Galactic Druid

Oh, there's a murderer all right. Everyone was the murderer this round! Happy April Fool's Day, everyone!

With the exception of MP. She was everyone's accomplice. I couldn't set up this April Fool joke on my own.

yugi006

Clio

Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Remiel

*groan* I should have seen this coming again.

Ryven

o.O

In this case, since I'm sure everyone still wanted to know.  I was actually the murderer, and I kicked the victim who apparently had their mobile phone left at the crime scene.

Mintprincess

Quote from: Ryven on April 04, 2016, 10:11:38 PM
o.O

In this case, since I'm sure everyone still wanted to know.  I was actually the murderer, and I kicked the victim who apparently had their mobile phone left at the crime scene.
I thought I gave great justification on your kicking too Ryven, but nope, it was the dagger and the glue. 

Ryven

Quote from: Mintprincess on April 04, 2016, 10:18:52 PM
  I thought I gave great justification on your kicking too Ryven, but nope, it was the dagger and the glue.

You did.  I was going to reply to that fact when I got home, but then...yeah.

Mintprincess

Quote from: Ryven on April 04, 2016, 10:22:54 PM
You did.  I was going to reply to that fact when I got home, but then...yeah.
We can still argue over it if you like :)