Are you ready for some football!?!?

Started by Caity, August 08, 2008, 08:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicalPen

So why is it the other way around? Pats in 1st, Bills in 2nd, Jets in 3rd? Doesn't make any sense to me...

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Oniya

Maybe I have it backwards and it's the team vs. team stat that clinches it?  But that doesn't explain the Bills beating the Jets.  I'll have to poke the other half when he comes out of his cave.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

MagicalPen

Yeah, doesn't seem logical the way its set up right now. >.<

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Oniya

Could be worse - at least it's not BCS.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Will

If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Caity

I was so disappointed in the Packers' loss yesterday.  But it was a good game, a good match-up.

Will

Quote from: Caity on November 03, 2008, 10:51:38 AM
I was so disappointed in the Packers' loss yesterday.  But it was a good game, a good match-up.

Yeah, it was.  I thought if anyone in the near future was going to beat them, it was the Packers.  I'm really starting to wonder when they're going to lose now. 

- Jack Kerouac

Jineriq

The Lions might not win, but they're far from the worst team in the league. The Bengals are horrible without Palmer and the Raiders are just disgusting to watch. The Raiders are so bad it's a miracle they won those two games already. Without Kiffin, I think they'll lose every single game this season. -2 yards for the whole first half against the Falcons, who aren't nobody but they aren't the '85 Bears either.

MagicalPen

Detroit don't have a bunch of Rookies at QB or HB though, like the Raiders do. Not that that is much of an excuse. Still, I don't think anyone will come close to what Miami was like last year, though Detroit IS pretty close. And the Bengals beat Jaxonville - a game that everyone expected an easy Jax. win. Chad Johnson finally showed up in the game too.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Oniya

Okay, talked over the standings with my slightly-more-informed half, and he couldn't figure out why the Bills were in second either.  The Pats are probably over the Jets because they beat them when they played earlier this year, but other than in the alphabet, there's no reason for the Bills to come before the Jets that either of us can see.

King_Furby

they said something like. If washington wins it's good for mccain and if they lose its good for obama. I guess it has been that way 17 out of 17 times with the redskins for their last game before elections. wierd little football fact. lets see if it holds true.

Oniya

Does it have any significance how badly they lost?  (Although I'll have to console my mother. She's a Washington fan.)

King_Furby

It could be a bad sign how badly they lost, but they didn't say anything about the scores. ill see if i can research it on the net tommorow or something. It will be wierd if it holds true.

Washington just messed up

Will

Quote from: Oniya on November 03, 2008, 09:36:18 PM
Okay, talked over the standings with my slightly-more-informed half, and he couldn't figure out why the Bills were in second either.  The Pats are probably over the Jets because they beat them when they played earlier this year, but other than in the alphabet, there's no reason for the Bills to come before the Jets that either of us can see.

Do they consider point differentials or something?

- Jack Kerouac

MagicalPen

Well, reading another article, it mentions that the 3 are all tied for 1st Place. Still doesn't explain how they decided the order (unless it was because of previous standings? Pats in 1st, Bills in 2nd, Jets in 3rd?). At any rate, it'll all change next week. Jets should have an easy win over the Rams (or at least, pull off a win) and the Bills play the Pats (I think) which will be a very good game to watch due to the impact it will have.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Oniya

ESPN had them in my original order (Jets, Pats, Bills) last time I looked.  There's also a nice description of the tie-breaker rules, including the fact that if the wild-card teams are tied, it can theoretically come down to a coin toss.

Jay

Didn't know about the coin toss thing.  Missing the playoffs because you didn't pick tails would suck.

Oniya

It's the 11th tiebreaker after far more concrete stats, like points scored and the like.  Apparently, coin tosses have been used to rank teams for the draft, but its usually pretty far down - such as who's 7th and who's 8th.

King_Furby

what i said came true, lol redskins really do decide who wins the election. I could not find anymore wierd football facts so ill keep looking

WyldRanger

Caity

Titans are 9-0.  :P

Jets won, killed really.  :P

And Packers lost.  1 measly point!  Ugh!  They really needed this win.  :(

Jay

The saints made me weep today.  They really need to do something about that pass defense.

Bayushi

CBS listed two games for their 4PM(Eastern) schedule... those being Indy at Pittsburgh or Kansas City at San Diego.

Being a San Diego fan, I was hoping for the latter, but of course got the former.

I did not get to watch the game, but am pleased to see the Chargers pull out a 1 point win. Had they lost, it would've likely been the season, and Norv Turner's job.

MagicalPen

Woohoo Jets! Didn't get to see the game (got stuck with the Miami Game and the Detroit Game. Watching paint dry was more exciting then either of those games). Now, if they can play like that this Thursday against the Patriots they'll take sole possession of 1st Place in their Division. I think the season finale against Miami is going to be one high-strung, important game.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Caity

I have high hopes for them against the Patriots.  And we only have to wait until Thursday for the game.  :P