monsters and men [dragon age, witcher, game of thrones, original] updated 4/26

Started by Princess Pigeon, April 02, 2022, 10:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princess Pigeon

welcome to dead fandom world, where I'm years behind everyone all the time.

my biggest kink is people reading my O/O list
• I'm a fan of roleplaying over thread, PM, and email. Maybe Discord but I'm not really a... sit down for several hours and just fire responses back and forth sort of person.
• I don't care about your biological gender. Male or female, I'm happy to write with you as long as you'll write a male character. I'm not looking to double though, sorry!
• I'm really only looking for partners who can write at least one meaty paragraph. It's preferred if you can give me two to three (or more) but I'm not going to insist on it because right now I just want more partners.
• Younger characters should be bumped up to age 18.

KEY
means craving
■ means like it, happy to do it
means I'm not really actively looking, but if my partner brings a good plot/character I'll be interested.

The Witcher
usually I list specific OCs for character but in this case I just sort of have an OC bank because the broad strokes of the character are flexible and I modify details to fit specifics.
I'm current with the show but have a general preference for the video game version of characters unless specified.

Keira x Lambert
Keira x Lambert & Eskel
Rosa var Attre x Lambert
‣ I think the idea of her having more time to hassle a Witcher is very fun, and thusly have made pairings for it
Rosa var Attre x Eskel
Cerys an Craite x Geralt
Yennefer x Geralt
OC x Geralt
OC x Lambert
‣ I love Geralt but I am absolutely wild for this prickly bastard.
OC x Eskel
truly any combination of the above
OC x Regis
OC x Dettlaff
OC x Jaskier
‣ Usually I lean towards versions of characters who are game-based as opposed to show-based but not here! I love Jaskier’s energy. Would be absolutely enthused to pair him with either of my Witchers or with a stern and generally collected swordswoman (not listed below) who takes a shine to him because she likes his music and he makes her laugh.
OC x OC
‣ Witchers accepted with the right personality, I am generally uninterested in sorcerers.
have you ever considered how the monsters would fit a western setting really well? Plus Cowboy Witchers! This'd require at least one canon involved
Suggest

some of the ladies:
a young woman whose lack of knowledge of the world outside of her village is offset starkly with the vicious and efficient way in which she kills common monsters - both of the magical and human variety. She has a strong desire to explore and learn more both about the world around her and combat, but underneath that lays a much more private and less acknowledged desire to not always feel like she has to be the most dangerous person in the room.
a sorceress, if someone of her low level of spell mastery could be called that, perhaps half mad from her untamed magic, with a keen mind and unique ways of applying the spells she does know. I have a few reasons why she hasn't been identified by an organization until that point, ranging from mostly harmless to a situation that's very concerning.
a younger (like 20-23 year old) prostitute who was sent to the home of a Whoreson Junior-esque man. She ended up killing him and fleeing, and all the women she works with scraped together enough coin to try and pay someone to help her get out of the city since she's now in a whole lot of trouble with the man's crew. Is it enough money? No, almost certainly not. But the kindness of strangers can go a long way. [I think she would be wildly fun with Dettlaff or Regis for probably obvious reasons]
An enigmatic sorceress who has little use for the politics and manipulations so often expected of someone of her talent. Instead her interests lay more with the study of the origins of magic and both the forgotten ways it has been used and new applications of it. This sounds very standard academic and the way she describes it makes it seem like a very dry affair, but the reality is significantly more adventurous - after all, ancient magical ruins are exactly where one would expect to find ancient magical monsters. I watched the Witcher show and the movie with Vesemir and things from both of those influenced how I’d like to play the application of practical combat magic for a sorceress who has become pretty used to getting her hands dirty.
I know there are no female Witchers and I'm quite content with that, but if you'd like to run a story with a first-of-her-kind female Witcher, I'm enthusiastically up for that. I have an idea for someone who was female-born and for a transwoman Witcher who had her body magically altered but retains her Witcher abilities. I would prefer School of the Cat for an afab Witcher since they experiment with the mutagens the most, and am open to which school for a transwoman Witcher, but have a preference for it to be another Witcher from the same school as the character she's against (if they're a Witcher) for the "but when I last saw you twenty years ago you were a man" "mmmm, well...." conversations. [current preferences: transwitcher is available for canons only, and only as a Wolf]
I don’t have a whole lot in terms of specifics but I’ve been bouncing around the idea of a monster to pair against a Witcher. Quite possibly a higher vampire who hires a Witcher to investigate her and then ‘kill’ her so that she can move out of a town in peace with the citizens assuming that she’s dead so that they don’t worry about it or put effort into hunting her and she can have an easier time settling down elsewhere. I like higher vampire because they don’t need blood, would be willing to compromise on a particularly talented bruxa who does okay surviving mostly  on animal blood. It’s important to me that she be a monster that can both make choices about her actions and that a Witcher would prefer not to fight (due to danger to himself, not wholly moral reasons)

Dragon Age: Origins/Awakening
OC x OC things will only take place during the Blight, not after.

Morrigan (I would prefer an alternate outfit) x Alistair
Leliana x Zevran Arainai
Leliana x Alistair
Sigrun x Nathaniel Howe
Sigrun x Anders

OC x Alistair
• with the OC being the Warden, preference for city elf rogue or casteless dwarf
• pair with a mage from the Circle of Fereldan, after the Warden and crew save the mages who were trapped inside the Circle. She's shy, jumpy, and mostly attached to Wynne. Alistair might not know a whole lot about how to comfort mages who've seen their friends and companions turn to murderous with demon summoning and blood magic, but he knows a lot of good ways to sooth someone after a nightmare and he doesn't give up easily
• Post-DA:O where he goes back to the Wardens - the Warden sacrificed herself (and was his romance), and now he's part of the rebuilding effort. But he's miserable and trying to hide it just like he always does - until she arrives, either recruited by another or looking to join up.
• King!Alistair paired with a mysterious and slightly shifty friend of Zevran's sent over to help protect him because there have been threats on his life.

OC x Anders
based on this comic, starting with Awakening. Alternately, run it post-DA2 with a non-mage Warden - after splitting up from Hawke's group, Anders ends up on the run. He's struggling with the things he's done and the way that Justice/Vengeance is merging with (or taking over) him, trying to figure out what to do next with this revolution that's starting. He thinks he's shaken everyone off his trail, but he wasn't accounting for the Warden Commander/Hero of Ferelden or the request she had of him.
• I would love to play a gal who just constantly needs Anders to heal her. If she's not getting injured fighting Darkspawn or bandits, she's showing up in the keep with a black eye, a split lip, and a broken nose because she got in a fist fight at the tavern. Lots of flirting and action and also some time to explore why she keeps putting herself in those sorts of situations.
• He didn't mean to rescue a mage from Darkspawn. Well, he did mean to make a daring rescue, but he didn't mean for it to end in an awkward, half-trained apostate wanting to tag along after him and getting all attached. Anders isn't ready for or interested in this much responsibility, why is the Warden Commander considering letting her stay?
• would enjoy using a Templar trainee who ends up with the Wardens instead. I have a whole backstory for her to why she didn't end up becoming a Templar after all, which should help with keeping this pairing from being completely impossible lmao

OC x Nathaniel Howe
• Pair him with the Warden (I prefer non-mage) and explore him adjusting to the fact that he was wrong about her and changing his opinion about her. Also maybe some competitive archery.
• A young woman joins the Wardens and turns to Nathaniel as the one for comfort and knowledge about the things she's dealing with now. He's never had someone look up to him in quite this way and doesn't completely know how to handle it while he's also trying to work out what kind of person he is and how his family history should or shouldn't reflect on him as he comes to understand why his father was killed.
• Pair him with a noblewoman whose family disagrees heavily with her interest in him, not because of the things his father did but because his father lost so much social standing and it would be bad for them.

Mercenary x Grey Warden
• he lived through the battle that wiped out the other Wardens - but only barely, Thanks to a severe head wound he doesn't remember who he is. He's scooped up by the surviving members of a mercenary group who went to get one of their fallen, and at the insistence of one they take him with. Obviously he needs to have the nightmares, and eventually we'll use the Darkspawn sensing but not too early on as it'd spoil all the mystery. I'll play either role.
Recently Joined Mage Warden x Ex-Templar Warden
• Awakening era pairing! Age gap of 10-15 years please.
Apostate Mage x Warden Commander/Hero of Ferelden
I'll play either role
Suggest! I desperately need some canon ideas.

Dragon Age 2
canon and things with OCs that are set within Kirkwall or involve themes more dedicated to DA2. I'm willing to set stuff involving a canon during Inquisition times or just post-DA2.

Merrill x Anders
• slow build, obviously, as Anders would probably need to deal with the negative emotions that arise from developing feelings for a blood mage.
Merrill x Carver Hawke
Merrill x Varric Tethras
Merrill x Garrett Hawke

• a more Diplomatic Hawke only, not looking for a snarkfest here. Mage supporting but not a mage himself.
Marian Hawke x Anders
• Non-mage!Hawke will be used unless you specifically request otherwise.
Marian Hawke x Fenris
Marian Hawke x Varric Tethras
Marian Hawke x Sebastian Vael
Marian Hawke x OC
Bethany Hawke x Anders
Bethany Hawke x Sebastian Vael
OC x Varric Tethras

• VARRIC IS THE ROMANCE OPTION I WANTED AND WAS CRUELLY DENIED. Against a dwarf, half dwarf, or real tiny (but taller than him) elf or human.
• I've got a near-illiterate street urchin/thief with a lot of potential who gets herself into trouble pretty often and could use someone to give her a hand and also perhaps pay her for some crime.
• or a young human noblewoman with a taste for adventure. DA2 prequel, leading into the Deep Roads adventure and the introduction of Hawke?

OC x Sebastian Vael
• let's tempt that boy into sin. Looking for that moment when all his self control snaps and he takes charge of the situation... and then the negative feelings afterwards. I'm cool with a subby Sebby too, but one who starts out a little more desperate and passionate seems more fun. I've got a few different gals for him but it might be fun to play as a mage. Otherwise I'm leaning towards a scrappy little rogue type. Definitely a gal working out complex religious feelings who will find Sebastian soothing
OC x Anders
• Fenris brings her, reluctantly, after regular attempts to handle her wound fail. Cause by a blood magic enchanted weapon, it's not something that can be easily solved, even with Anders' vast skill and immediate knowledge. So now the Tevinter-born, Elven ex-slave has to spend her time with a mage who she starts out terrified of.
• She's a healer who's from an incredibly religious family that had turned out a decent number of Templars. They believe that magic was given to man as punishment, and using it is akin to giving in to addiction and will ALWAYS lead to darkness. She heals because if she's going to be too weak to keep herself from doing this, at least she can be helpful, it's the only magic she knows. Against Anders, her religious repression and self hatred can be turned outward towards religion, Templars, and the system as a whole, and she can join him as he slides into increasingly divisive and violent tactics.
• also have a smuggler/friend of Isabela's who needs a place to lay low for a more flirty, confident romance option for him.
• I'm interested in a version of a plot I have for OC x OC, where Anders is on his own and runs into a Templar who is caring for and protecting a small group of young mages who she rebelled to save when her leaders commanded the death of every mage in their Circle tower.

OC x Fenris
• I have an honest and dedicated guard who joins the group because of Aveline, who occasionally takes the law into her own hands after hours and would be fuckin' thrilled to help hunt slavers either in or outside of the Kirkwall
• also got a playful and sheltered noblewoman who

OC x Carver Hawke
• When Garrett and Carver join the mercenary group, they're stepping into an already established group. One fast talking, quick fingered little rogue takes an interest, and decides she wants to get to know him. Give big buff Carver a cute little girlfriend, and a thing he can call his own!
Noblewoman x Apostate Mage
Apostate Mage x Circle Mage

I'll play either role.
Apostate Mage x Templar
suggest

Dragon Age: Inquisition
Canon and OC things set more within the time or theme of the Inquisition. Haven't played DLC yet but I know what happens in it. I am chomping at the bit to play an Inquisitor who was a Tranquil mage who was reintroduced to the Fade by the rift that's now in her hand, who doesn't know if she'll become Tranquil again once this issue is solved. Would murder to play her against Cullen, but also any kind of other OC. I'll also play against an ex-Tranquil Inquisitor!

Josephine Montilyet x Cullen Rutherford
Josephine Montilyet x Blackwall
Josephine Montilyet x Iron Bull

Merrill x Cole
• Varric introduces his weird kids to each other and it turns out they get along! Post-Inquisition? During the Inquisition? Whatever you think works best
Cassandra Pentaghast x Cullen Rutherford
Aveline Vallen x Cullen Rutherford

• I just really love the idea of Aveline working with the Inquisition? Between her and Cullen there'd be not a guardsman or Templar who would dare step out of line lest they get thrown right off the battlements.
Bethany Hawke x Blackwall
• post Inquisition - Blackwall is turned over to the Gray Wardens, and Bethany one of the Wardens who oversees his Joining and helps introduce him to the Deep Roads
Lace Harding x Varric Tethras
Dagna x Varric Tethras
Dagna x OC
OC x Cole

• I'm not here for a physically perfect Cole - part of his charm is that he's maybe a little bit wonky looking! Makes him cute. Limbs a little too long, eyes a little too big, etc. I want to play with the fact that he pick up feelings and thoughts and how he'd know she's attracted to him even when she hasn't said it.
• I'd like to pair him with an apostate mage healer (or just a medic if you don't want to be against a mage) who's part of the Inquisition and seeks him out because she thinks he can help her patient. Not because she knows who he is, no - she's heard enough bits and pieces from different people to realize there's a puzzle here and she's put some pieces  together. It's a good thing he knows when someone needs to find him.
• Alternately, a Templar/Templar trainee - she's not always sure of her place but she's passionate and perhaps a little bit too protective and willing to jump in to take care of people. There are things she regrets and is trying to make up for, but she's not entirely sure where to start. I think it'd be interesting if he influenced her into leaving the Order while they were all holed up before shit got Red Lyrium bad and she doesn't realize he was involved in that until they meet in the Inquisition and something about him seems faintly familiar.
• a plot where he, as he becomes more human, develops feelings for a women he'd been previously helping with his spirit powers. He knows all about her, but has always made sure she remembers nothing of him - now he has to figure out how humans try and connect, and get to know her in a way that she'll remember.
• I want to do a roleplay based partially on this picture with Cole and a half-dwarf

OC x Cullen Rutherford
• When he's flustered or realizes he's gonna get unprofessional he pauses and clears his throat and that does things to me.
• idea with a new recruit who has a particularly surprising amount of potential
• beginnings of an idea with an anxious Inquisitor who's just trying to make her place in the world. And stop a crazy immortal dude from becoming a god.
• I've got a rather radical apostate who has been trying to settle into the Inquisition with her group. She's very emotionally walled off and has a lot of Templar related anger and trauma but I really love the idea of the two of them managing to find a middle ground and him helping her overcome the things weighing her down while she eases his suffering as he tries to get off of Lyrium.
• Got an initially squishy, gentle little mage who specializes in healing who's jumpy and afraid of templars. She could make for an interesting Inquisitor dynamic, but that's not necessary.

OC x Varric Tethras but this time it's Inquisition based stuff
• against a spirit who took a page out of Cole's book. Inspiration, maybe? Or Courage.
• put him with a super tiny human or elf Inquisitor - while she deals with the increasing weight of the expectations of others and begins to rely more heavily on him and his cool and rational opinions, he struggles with questions of religion, of letting go of old romance, and of whether he can put himself in the spotlight of the story.

Spirit x suggest!
Wynne/Anders-esque Abomination x ??? (maybe Templar? Or another mage! Or whatever)
Apostate Mage x Templar who helped her escape the Circle
• especially if he's also the one who brought her to the Circle in the first place! I've got this idea for a mage with a lightning affinity and I think it'd be interesting if when she was younger she accidentally hurt him with it when he was first getting her, and then even though she had harmed (and maybe scarred) him when she was younger he still did the right thing and helped her out when the Circles fell. Note: not looking for a guy who singlehandedly saved her where she's his damsel in distress, it's just easier to fight Templars when you've got a Templar on your side. His (Order created) lyrium addiction probably leads to some rough situations.
Suggest!

Game of Thrones
I left this for a while and have come back to it now that it's over and everybody hates it. My plan is to AU anything that's disliked, make adjustments to character personalities as needed for consistency, whatever we want.

Brienne of Tarth x Jaime Lannister
• The OTP. My favorite thing.
Arya Stark x Gendry
• late season reunion stories only, please
Sansa Stark x Theon Greyjoy
• Theon having his dick is my second favorite AU after Bear Island using bears in war
Sansa Stark x Sandor Clegane
• post-show AU only, please. I think it'd make for an interesting dynamic if she had him as a knight. I would like to keep more of Sansa's warmth and compassion to be combined with shrewd intelligence.
Daenerys Targaryen x Jorah Mormont
• Dany suffers from I've casually dubbed 'Jean Grey Syndrome' - she's got flaws and they're very visible to the audience but there's a distinct issue of those flaws being put on full display at about the same time that characters around her are praising her for being fantastic. So I feel that needs some tweaks, I would like both for her to do a more efficient job of being who the characters say she is, and for her flaws to be critiqued appropriately
Daenerys Targaryen x Daario Naharis
OC x Jon Snow
• sitting on a couple of plotlings that aren't full plots, a vibe or two, a thing I saw him do that shouldn't have been hot but was and I'd like to put him back in that position, etc.
• I loved the stern attitude of the lady leading House Mormont, and would be absolutely thrilled to play an of-age leader who shares those traits significantly. I think the Red Wedding was three-ish years prior to the battle for Winterfell, so if she's 18 or 19 now she would have been 15 or 16 when she had to take over the remains of her house. Behind the necessary wall of self control and restraining her emotions for the sake of her duties she's quick witted and playful, but she's exceptionally talented at turning  that off for the sake of what she feels must be done. I've got a lot of ideas about political proposals and also I think House Mormont should have war bears.
• alternately, a stern and quiet Mormont advisor who is perhaps part of where the young lady got her attitude from. Much of the same character, with a different kind of protectiveness and sense of duty.
• I've got a whole pre-GoT thing involving a woman who was going to be traded to a brothel who kicks up enough of a fuss that it draws the attention of the honorable Jon Snow. He finds himself making promises to help without thinking them through, and then feels he cannot go back on them though he knows she wouldn't fault him for it.
• a love interest from before the start of the story reunited with him after his death and resurrection. His relationship with Ygritte is important to his character development so I don’t want to erase any of it, I think it’d be better to have him and the OC to have been love interests more than anything else, able to sort out whatever feelings are remaining and build up a relationship proper now. I’ve got a couple of natural-feeling starting points within the timeline.
• would also absolutely love to play an incredibly confident, chaotic mercenary who mostly does things she enjoys and is evened out by Jon's more somber dedication to doing the right thing.

OC x Tyrion Lannister
OC x Jaime Lannister
• after returning to Kings Landing, Jaime finds himself needing additional assistance in many aspects of his life as he adjusts to being one-handed. A maid is assigned to him to help with all the day-to-day tasks he hasn't quite managed yet and though he is initially very resistant to her position in his life, the longer she's around the more natural it seems to always have her by his side.
• calling her a political prisoner would be acknowledging things that nobody is willing to say out loud, and her family isn't willing to do that. The young noblewoman from a small House is nonetheless trapped at King's Landing - she may be able to roam the castle with general freedom and even occasionally step into town, but everyone knows that it is simply a long leash. Polite, generally well mannered, and highly educated, she finds a particular enjoyment in making herself absolutely the biggest pain in the ass that she possibly could be.
• a mercenary and "friend" of Bronn's, though the way they act it's hard for anyone who doesn't know the two of them to think they might be even remotely friendly.  While slightly politer and more willing to do things for moral or loyalty reasons, she is still someone who doesn't see much point in honor or tradition.
• after arriving at Winterfell, Jaime finds himself the object of interest to a Wildling woman. Though significantly less forward than Tormund she is equally as persistent, eternally curious, and both skilled at tracking him down and seemingly uninterested in letting him be alone with his own thoughts for too long. In contrast to Jaime's thoughtful control she is wild, reckless, and always able to find something to enjoy in a fight.

OC x Theon Greyjoy
• got ideas for all up and down the timeline for this guy.
OC x Podrick Payne
• He's incredibly cute, I'd love to pair him with a woman who knows how to use a sword and then the two of them are just essentially Brienne's #1 fanclub
OC x Jorah Mormont
• Jorah is wildly obsessed with Daenerys and I figure that's probably something to use to advantage. My immediate thought is that he finds someone who reminds him of her just enough to sort of transfer a bunch of those feelings onto and it's wildly unhealthy but neither of them is going to put any thought into that, but I'm also up for a proper transference of his pretty intense loyalty and love. I have a preference for after his third exile, as he's trying to find a way to cure his greyscale. Having to keep an increasingly large amount of his arm covered is delightfully tragic, but she could also be immune due to childhood exposure, whichever. I think a pairing with him truly only works if he’s away from Dany.
• alternately fine with just deviating his story from her and giving him a romance option at about the same time he and Dany's lives intersect, then he gets a romance who'll actually like him and Dany gets two whole advisors

OC x Gendry
• king!AU, please. Maybe the daughter of a member of court or a particularly savvy servant who helps Gendry navigate the new social situations he's thrown into?
OC x Sandor Clegane
• I think he works really well with noblewomen who have the more dignified quiet strength, it's what he admires about Sansa and I love a big strong rough-around-the-edges (or all rough edges) man and a softer smaller woman. I've got a couple ways this could go down, including one in which a he and a young woman are instructed to wed though neither is interested, or a woman he rescues at some point after leaving King's Landing finding himself (once again) stuck with protective duty he acts like he doesn't want
bastard child x knight
• my original thought was king's bastard but it's probably easier to run a conflict like this just within a single land as simply conflict over the lordship of a noble house
other OC x OC
• you're welcome to make suggestions, but right now a significant amount of the appeal of Game of Thrones for me is the canon characters so I'm not as interested in exploring the world without them.
Suggest
• I'm gonna put a big 'maybe but probably not' stamp on Melisandre, her confidence in her magic and religion is a direct inverse of my interest in her character when plotted on a graph. Also if you're sending me a plot that involves rape or sexual assault it should also involve the perpetrator dying painful and bloody at the hands of one of the player characters. 

Original
There's not much here, and there's probably never gonna be a ton here because I'm very selective about my fully original pairings. There's some OC x OC in the fandom sections, none of this here is meant to be within any of those worlds

noblewoman/princess x knight
• her marriage is arranged to the son of another noble house (or kingdom) as a last attempt to avoid war. On their way war breaks out anyway, and now she's very far from home and with barely any support. Could be a knight from her House or perhaps a knight from the opposing kingdom who can't bear to bring her to the unfortunate fate she'd almost certainly suffer if he delivered her to his lord.
mage x mercenary
• a mage from the citadel believes that a catastrophe is coming [insert what kind of problem we want here] but is unable to convince anyone of this based on the fragmented evidence and the things she's read in half illegible books so old they're crumbling. In order to prove what she believes is happening she hires a sellsword and they head off. He's prepared for a relatively easy job - the mage is sheltered and unused to being outside of the city but she's also spouting nonsense so all he needs to do is make sure she doesn't get robbed or eaten by wolves, right....?
mercenary x knight
• Not so much a plot here, I just really enjoy the dynamic of very principled and dignified man and a woman who thinks he needs to just try relaxing a little bit[/size
witch x knight
• I’m looking to play more of a forest witch as opposed to some kind of aggressive and destructive witch, though those also exist and are hunted by knights who may not be particularly interested in differentiating between witches
• a witch finds a knight dying or recently dead (reason up for discussion, I have a couple of options) and uses her magic to revive him. He now contains some of her magic, acting as a familiar of sorts, though this wasn’t at all her intention.

servant x ‘king of thieves’ type rogue
• One of the princess’s handmaidens finds herself in the surprisingly good hands of the man in charge of a guild of criminals after she’s kidnapped by a subordinates who mistook her for the princess.
mercenary x prince
• a snarky, relaxed, hired sword is put in charge of protecting the prince after there’s a failed assassination attempt. She’s good at what she does, but she also encourages a lot of things that would be considered less than princely.
knight x knight
• a knight accompanying her princess to the kingdom the princess is going to marry into runs into conflict with the castle’s older and more traditional head of the guard.

Princess Pigeon

4/3 - added ‘Originals’ section
4/6 - new Game of Thrones pairings (all involving Sandor Clegane, I think), several plots added/updated
4/11 - new Witcher pairing, two new OCs listed and one deleted

Princess Pigeon

4/26- added the following original pairings, with plots/pairing thoughts: witch x knight, servant x king of thieves type rogue, knight x knight, mercenary x prince