News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Gingerbread House (All Welcome - Open Rp)

Started by Aislinn, July 28, 2013, 11:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dys Astyr

Tomorrow it will be a magic time traveling pocket. Sits back against the stones of the fire place. Which will be dangerous because every time you retrieve something from it you risk be blasted into a different time. Perhaps the future, perhaps the past, with untold danger around each corner. That would be quite an adventure.
Alive! Trying to catch up but there is a lot, please be patient! Thank you. <3

Phloughphie

"Hmm.  In that case."  He takes her hand in his.

Dys Astyr

Turns to him, her face etched with a very serious expression. Lowering her voice to a whisper so as not to disturb anyone who takes life more seriously than she does, she speaks.

I was waiting for the right moment to ask this >coughwhenwegetapprovedcough<, but I tend to be a fly by the seat of my pants type.

Her face somehow grows even more solemn.

Fluffington, my friend would you like to spin a story go on a marvelous adventure with me?

Phloughphie

He leans back and looks at the seat of her pants.  It seems in fine condition.  "He says do you know why I'm holding your hand?"

Dys Astyr

Because it lessens the likelihood of me being able to attack you with my spork without you being aware?

Phloughphie

"Nothing so trivial as you sporking my eye out.  No, you mentioned my pocket sending me on strange journeys and I thought 'Hell.  If that happens I might as well go with a friend.' and so I took the hand of a friend."  He has an incredibly serious expression on his face as he speaks.

Dys Astyr

Is extremely glad to hear that Fluffster understands the insignificance of minor spork related violence between friends. A mischievous grin splits her face.

Well then, what are we waiting for?

Phloughphie

He very slowly moves their hands then stops.  He drinks the rest of the chocolate milk then pokes their hands in the bottomless pocket.  As he does that he has faint thoughts of witches and wardrobes.  As he does that he realizes that his eyes are tightly closed and someone is screaming.  Further investigation reveals the the screamer is him.

Dys Astyr

Looks around confused to why exactly her friend has suddenly started screaming. She holds the spork ready to be used as a weapon in case of emergency.

Phloughphie

He squints out os one eye.  "Where are we?" he whispers.

Dys Astyr

Looks around, taking in the surroundings. Its quiet except for a softly echoing dripping noises, which seems almost musical in tone. Its dark, but not completely, some faint glowing seems to be here and there. Slowly her eyes adjust to the dimness, making out strange glowing plants and stone walls.

Uh, I think we may be in a cave. Pokes the rock with a spork to make sure it is not an illusion. It is not.

Phloughphie

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a big LED flashlight and hands it to her.

Dys Astyr

Accepts the flash light but doesn't turn it on, not wanting to alert anything to their presence unduly

Phloughphie

Dys Astyr

Shooshes Fluffero and listens intently, fairly certain that there had been a sinister sound between two of the drips

Phloughphie

He sits quietly but is ready in case there needs to be rapid hands in pocket movement.

Dys Astyr

Creeps forward, both flashlight and spork at the ready, visions of zombies, shoggoths, and other disturbing cave dwellers running through her head.

Phloughphie

He creeps along behind her.  When she stops he creeps right up on top of her.

Dys Astyr

Knocked off balance she flails for several long moments, teetering on her tip toes before regaining her footing and slumping against what seems to be a stalagmite to catch her breath.

Phloughphie

As she flials he grabs onto her.  "Oh!"  He moves that hand a few inches lower.

FierceChaos

The leaves and branches snapped before the behemoth of a man as he walked through the woods coming upon a cottage made entirely of gingerbread."Does not seem the most structurally sound material to build a house out of, It will in no way be able to withstand if a fight ensues." Said chaos hoping that his usual huge frame would not automatically make people defensive. Chaos walked up and yelled inside "I am a wanderer seeking lodging for the night, perhaps is anyone around?"

Phloughphie

Phloughphie shakes his head "No." which no one can see.

Dys Astyr

A sound jars her thoughts, but its distant, muted, as if she was underwater. The sound of footsteps which at first had seemed mostly imagined, now seemed very real and growing nearer. Something was flashing warning lights in her brain and she couldn't figure out what. It was right there... What was it? The sounds grew louder, making it impossible to concentrate on the thing she couldn't think of.

Phloughphie

He has no idea what she is doing so he keeps hanging on.

Dys Astyr

Closing her eyes, she inhales deeply through her nose, trying to focus, trying to find that little nagging thought. She inhaled again. Something familiar... Her eyes snapped open, she grabbed Fluff roughly by the shoulder. Her voice was strained.

We have to go, now.

She started back toward where they had come from pushing him ahead of her, muttering a litany of profanity under her breath.