News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Vampire: The Masquerade - DC By Night

Started by Nicolae, March 23, 2014, 08:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicolae

@Ebb: You guys weren't supposed to find out about the chickens yet!

@Miroque: Certainly, though the Council worrying about which neonate lives in which Chantry would be some incredible micromanaging on their part.
O/O   Ideas

Florence

Thanks to Dragon Age, any time I hear "chantry" I think of priestesses and templars xD
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

RubySlippers

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on March 25, 2014, 09:56:58 AM
I swear, apart from MAYBE the Nosferatu, I've got the least sexual character here xD

Poor Amara's just too busy being awesome :P

-gets to work writing up some info for her-

A Nosferatu cold be an interesting lover, nothing like sex in the grim and muck in a disgusting way to offend god.  ^_^

Ebb

Quote from: RubySlippers on March 25, 2014, 08:37:25 PM
A Nosferatu cold be an interesting lover, nothing like sex in the grim and muck in a disgusting way to offend god.  ^_^

Plus Nosferatu are all hung like rhinoceroses. It's a side effect of the Embrace. True fact.

RubySlippers

Quote from: Ebb on March 25, 2014, 08:58:51 PM
Plus Nosferatu are all hung like rhinoceroses. It's a side effect of the Embrace. True fact.

I was thinking one male lover could be good in the game for my character, a Nos could be very amusing and interesting. Does he have issues with Caitiff?

Miroque

@Calrond: Thats why Council uses intermediates (like local regents to do their bidding, like day-to-day ruling, making use of the exchange program, initiating the Take over the World plans, etc.) I ment, that Prince was asking for an excemplary student, and (who ever is in charge of the exchange program in global scene) send one to her in DC.

What comes to Ingrids handler, Im good if its someone else aswell, if it suits to your game better that way. She was just someone that I invented to hold her lease.

Nicolae

Important Announcement

Someone recently asked me about players having shared history and shared resources. Here's my response to that thought.

"I've had people give out common knowledge about themselves and a physical description. If two players want to share history and resources, that would be fine with me. If they want to keep their character's history a secret, that's fine too."

And another thing...

If there is anything WELL KNOWN about your character, including any kind of social merit you took such as Influential Sire that everyone would know about, you need to mention that in a description of your character. I'll be putting a Character Thread together soon where those descriptions will be posted.
O/O   Ideas

Nicolae

@Miroque: Helena Taylor would work reasonably well as a handler, and you can keep Annice Maughn as a mentor. (I always liked her as a character anyway.)
O/O   Ideas

Miroque

@Calrond: Females are huge minority in clan tremere, so to have many female magus in town, is bound to bring notice... but if your cool with it.. so am I

Nicolae

The Regent of the Chantry is a woman, Helena Taylor. The former Prince of DC (until around 1963) was a Tremere woman, Prince Marissa. The DC Tremere are slightly more gender-balanced than most, but on the whole the Tremere are largely male.
O/O   Ideas

Miroque

@Calrond: maybe thats one of the reasons, regent asked her... fill the ranks of like minded sisterhood :)

kckolbe

Are we all supposed to write our sires?  I am planning on taking Infamous Sire, and was going to leave said sire's transgressions up to you.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Miroque

and how do we post "inclan" secrets? as there are guite few "social" flaws that are only known to the close circle (like Ingrids case for instance, her sire)

RubySlippers

Well my characters Sire called herself Jane Doe, and is gone likely not in the city. Not though unusual for a Caitiff.

Nicolae

@kckolbe:  *Reads that sentence, realizes it says "INFAMOUS Sire" instead of "Famous Sire", checks the clan you chose, rushes to his DC By Night sourcebook, points at a page and laughs maniacally.* Put down "Stephen Norton" as your sire. The clan and generation fit perfectly, as does the "Infamous".

@Miroque: Don't post anything that wouldn't be common knowledge among all Camarilla vampires.
O/O   Ideas

kckolbe

Quote from: Calrond on March 25, 2014, 11:20:37 PM
Put down "Stephen Norton" as your sire. The clan and generation fit perfectly, as does the "Infamous".

I'm okay with him having been a traitor, diablierist...lots of other things.  But if he developed Norton Anti-Virus...that's just too evil.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Miroque

AndyZ

I can't wait to start.  This is going to be awesome.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Florence

Amara Lewis

Amara Lewis is very much a modern breed of Brujah. Her weapons of rebellion are not a baseball bat and a shotgun, but a smartphone and a computer that she built from scratch. She has been a ghost haunting the web since its very conception; finding information that was not meant to be found, breaking websites just to prove that she could, and most importantly, using her skills to knock some people down a peg when they deserve it; and sometimes just for pissing her off.

Her sire, Adena Martell, is well known among the kindred, a medieval elder who has earned her share of respect for thrashing against the chains of society, both mortal and kindred, and continuing to live her unlife well into the modern day. She's fought with pen and sword both, and found them each mighty in their own regards. While Amara is not her only childe, she did seem to take an unusual interest in her; speaking happily of the potential she had found.

Amara stands at 5'7 and weighing 130 pounds, with dark brown skin; though with that telltale bloodless tone of undeath, brown eyes and braided black hair. She has a thin, but soft face, and full lips, from which emits a voice that can enchant and rally those who hear it. Amara often dresses in loose jeans with one of various t-shirts, often displaying some witty phrase or another. She has a hoodie, of which she also owns several, generally thrown over that, and tends to wear black fingerless gloves as well. Her preferred shoes are a pair of black and white converses, though she has heels for those extra-special occasions. Over her eyes, she wears a pair of black thin framed glasses, completing her look.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

RubySlippers

Remember, remember!
    The fifth of November,
    The Gunpowder treason and plot;
    I know of no reason
    Why the Gunpowder treason
    Should ever be forgot!

Amara if you want to promote a Guy Fawkes Night in DC, my character might find it amusing toss a little anarchy and good old fashioned fun into the mix. As a hacker you could promote it with a web site and get it into the various corners of the internet. Maybe even drop some Guy Fawkes face and message viruses around that come and go on that day as a pop up. My character would drop some funds to help this, she is also not bad with computers but is no expert like Amara is.

AndyZ

Quote from: Calrond on March 25, 2014, 11:20:37 PM
@kckolbe:  *Reads that sentence, realizes it says "INFAMOUS Sire" instead of "Famous Sire", checks the clan you chose, rushes to his DC By Night sourcebook, points at a page and laughs maniacally.* Put down "Stephen Norton" as your sire. The clan and generation fit perfectly, as does the "Infamous".

@Miroque: Don't post anything that wouldn't be common knowledge among all Camarilla vampires.

So for those of us who never followed the metaplot really well, what will the common knowledge about Stephen Norton tell us?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Nicolae

Stephen Norton is known for being eccentric, as though he believes that he's starring in a spy movie. He rides around on a motorcycle with his cat, and it's well-known that he is not on good terms with the Prince, though it's not common knowledge exactly why. The Prince would see any of his progeny as "more trouble."
O/O   Ideas

RubySlippers

Oh shouldn't our havens if known be in the character descriptions to?

Nicolae

No, because I doubt it would be common knowledge where each of you live. And it DEFINITELY wouldn't be common knowledge where a Caitiff lives, or that Caitiff might not have a long, happy existence. ;)
O/O   Ideas

VonDoom

Sebastian D. Richter
Apparent Age: Mid-Fifties
Height: 6'0
Eyes: gray
Hair: black, silver streaks
Demeanor: Scientist
Clan: Tremere
Sire: Helena Taylor

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

A refined man seemingly just past his fifties, Sebastian has a pale, rather severe face with a strong jawline, a hawk-like nose and piercing gray eyes that give the impression that the man rarely if ever misses anything.

His apparent age has left a mark, with small  wrinkles prominent around the eyes and around the edges of his lips. His graying black hair is combed back and cut short, allowing for a prominent view of the man's widow's peak, only slightly enhanced by the creeping specter of potential baldness; a clean-shaven face completes the well-kept image.

The man's usual attire can be described as formal but understated; gray suits, brown jackets -- slightly old-fashioned, but well within the range of what a man of his age might conceivably wear without standing out.

Further demonstrating the ravages of advanced age, Sebastian obviously favors his left leg and usually carries an expensive-looking, black-lacquered walking stick for support. Despite or perhaps because of this, he possesses a certain natural dignity that most other neonates struggle to maintain.

One of the three Tremere sired by Helena Taylor, the Regent of their DC Chantry, Sebastian appears to be an up and coming neonate among their ranks. He strongly evokes the classic image associated with the clan as scholars and mystics, with his gaunt and strict appearance, but is still often seen at Elysium and has demonstrated an interest in affairs of politics and business.

In his affairs, he always demonstrates excellent manners, though these rarely conceal the coldness about his person. Sebastian doesn't appear to have a warm or pleasant bone in his body and clearly isn't out to make friends.

He is usually thought to reside exclusively in the Chantry, but maintains a new age shop he owned in his mortal days. His ghoul, one Katherine Tremaine, handles its business and will take messages for him during the day. The store is recognized as his own small domain and he will often receive visitors there at night. The merchandise consists mostly of geegaws to satisfy mortal superstitions, but rumors claim that he uses it as a front to purchase real material for occult rituals.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O