Unknown Armies (always recruiting)

Started by Kythia, August 06, 2013, 08:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

Just wanted to check in--will have a post up either tonight or tomorrow. Sorry for the wait, everyone.  :-\

Remiel

Er...since Tannen addressed Chris, I figured it was Demigod's turn. <_<

Then again, sick as a dog so I doubt I'm in any condition to post anyway. :\

Blythe

Whoops, forgot to mention Chris in my post. Edited and fix'd to include him so it looks sensible.

EDIT: Also, get well soon, Remiel! Try to rest up and take care of yourself.  :-\

Kythia

Don't worry too much about turns per se.  Given the nature of the game, through a forum and all, just speak up if you have something to say.

Rook Seidhr

If we keep waiting on Demigod1945 I think this game is dead. Let's move on, shall we?

Kythia

Well, as I say, don't worry too much about turns, just post when its convenient for you.

Remiel

Quote from: Riveda on September 11, 2013, 04:58:36 AM
If we keep waiting on Demigod1945 I think this game is dead. Let's move on, shall we?

Fair enough.

and thanks, Blythe!

Demigod1945

Very sorry about the delay, my classes have gotten the better of me and I've been trying to catch up, hence why I haven't really got on here.

Blythe

Quote from: Demigod1945 on September 12, 2013, 04:21:06 PM
Very sorry about the delay, my classes have gotten the better of me and I've been trying to catch up, hence why I haven't really got on here.

Hope your classes are going well, Demigod!

Also, I will try to post in the next day and think of some questions for the IC....  ;D

Kythia

Demigod, I made you a significant Charm check which you failed just to see how he'd react to that.  Figured it was easier just making the roll myself rather than waiting, particularly as its a kind of "behind the scenes" one anyway.

Kythia

How many PCs does it take to change a lightbulb.

All of them!  NEVER SPLIT THE PARTY!

Nah, it's cool.  I just wanted to be explicit that there is no need for you guys to follow Bran if you don't want to, I'm more than happy for you to be doing your own thing. 

Rook Seidhr

I've posted far enough into the future; I'm not going to post Bran fiddling with his tablet, and you may feel free to delay posting the results of his search until the others have caught up a bit. If I get impatient and change my mind I'll let you know :)

BTW, fellow players: Bran's little internal monologue there is an example of role-playing what happens when you acquire your first Failed notch on the Unnatural stress meter. He's lost some of his ability to distinguish superstition from common sense.

Kythia

Kythia

Quote from: Remiel on September 14, 2013, 04:37:59 PM
Wait, Newcastle has a football team?

Honestly, I kind of respect you a little for that.  Not many people would voluntarily choose to receive no xp.  Fair play, Remiel.  Fair play.

Ilasandra

Hi, if you guys are still accepting I'm definitely interested in joining. I've never anything like this, but I promise I'm reading over all the links posted. :]

Rook Seidhr

My brain is tired and fuzzy and will probably be so for a couple of days. Kythia, can we just let the quality of Bran's internet research rest on the fact that I rolled pretty well on the Gen Ed check? Again, don't feel like you need to keep me entertained right now, let the others catch up first, but I really would rather not make this a test of my own ingenuity as a researcher. If I later think of something that you didn't mention, well, Bran didn't think of it at the time either.

Kythia

Oh that was very much the plan, Riveda. Particularly with you being a foreigner.

Ilasandra, you're more than welcome. Put a first draft of a character together and we'll take it from there. Shout up if you need help with character creation.

Ilasandra

Okay, so I'm almost done with it. The only question I have is about the skills. How many are we supposed to have on each and are they supposed to add up to a number as well? Sorry if I missed it, that's all I have left.

Kythia

No worries.

First off, check through this post which gives all the starting skills and their starting levels (15).  After that you have the value of the stat to spend on either increasing the ones you have or buying new ones.  So if your Speed is 60, say, you have sixty points to spend on speed skills.  Finally (nearly done!) you have a final 15 points to put wherever you want.

Skills cant go over the lower of 55 or the governing stat.  So with your hypothetical speed of 60 then speed skills cant go over 55, if your body was 40 then body skills couldn't go over 40.

Does that make any sort of sense?

Demigod1945

Note: My last post says that Miyo invited Norm and Chris to get a burger. I messed up my post, so just letting everyone know. Really wish I could edit my posts, I'd change every single spelling error I have ever made.

Ilasandra

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Nova Marshall

Link to Honer's: Her father was a security guard for Honer's overstock warehouses.

Significance of Aug 8: The day her family kicked her out, she was 8.

Obsession: Stealing. If she sees something she wants, it has to be hers.

Passions:
Rage Stimulus: Normality, to see people living the life she was never able to.
Fear Stimulus: Cages and constraints, anything that stops her movement. 
Noble Stimulus: Having lived on her own on the streets, Nova has a soft spot for the street rats and often will steal food for them

General Stats:/
Body: 30
Speed: 60
Mind: 50
Soul: 60

Body Skills:
-General Athletics:25
-Aikido (Struggle):35

Speed Skills:
-Dodge:30
-Drive:15
-Initiative:30
-Pickpoctet:35
-Acrobatics:40

Mind Skills:
-Conceal:30
-General Education: 15
-Notice:30
-Misdirect:35

Soul Skills:
-Charm:35
-Lying:35
-Seduction:35

Violence:
Unnatural:
Helplessness:
Isolation:
Self:

Okay, so that's what I have. If I need to change anything just let me know. :]

Kythia

Yeah, no worries Demigod.  Typos happen.

Ilasandra - with a body score of 30 you can't have a Struggle of 35 I'm afraid, skills are capped by their governing stat.  You can either shift five points in to General Athletics or into a new Body skill at 5%.

Haven't checked the maths yet but it looks vaguely right.

Ilasandra

Oops. Forgot about that cap. I was just thinking of the 55. I double checked the math as well, so it should be good.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Nova Marshall

Link to Honer's: Her father was a security guard for Honer's overstock warehouses.

Significance of Aug 8: The day her family kicked her out, she was 8.

Obsession: Stealing. If she sees something she wants, it has to be hers.

Passions:
Rage Stimulus: Normality, to see people living the life she was never able to.
Fear Stimulus: Cages and constraints, anything that stops her movement. 
Noble Stimulus: Having lived on her own on the streets, Nova has a soft spot for the street rats and often will steal food for them

General Stats:
Body: 30
Speed: 60
Mind: 50
Soul: 60

Body Skills:
-General Athletics:30
-Aikido (Struggle):30

Speed Skills:
-Dodge:30
-Drive:15
-Initiative:30