X-Men Re-imagined - All welcome! - Could use more straight male chars, too!

Started by Orange Marmalade, May 18, 2014, 06:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Astrofig

((Still working on Gambit---I'm thinking of making him bi, is that cool?))

Doomsday

Quote from: Astrofig on June 24, 2014, 09:16:50 PM

That's perfectly fine, there is pretty much no canon that you have to adhere to. Heck, Colossus is straight, for Piotr's sake!

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Astrofig on June 24, 2014, 09:16:50 PM

I think both dudes and gals will be totally okay with that :)

Also I think I'm all caught up on current apps - if you've recently sent a sheet or anything and I owe you a PM, please feel free to poke me. :) Welcome aboard to our latest players.

Kimera

Work in progress (gonna take my time with this)

Going to be a mutant version of the scorpion with all his powers being organic rather then a power suit.  :D

BASIC INFO:
Legal Name: Gargan
Codename/Nickname/Aliases: Scorpion (by spiderman), Project C.E.L.L. (Cellular Enhanced Lethal Lifeform)
Citizenship and other legal info:
Place of Birth:
Education:

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Height: 7'4"
Weight: 260ib
Hair color: -
Eye color: black
Ethnicity:

OTHER INFORMATION:
Orientation:
Ons/Offs:
Goals:
Wealth Level: (See spoiler below character sheet for possible values)
Personality:

SCHOOL INFO:
Classes Taken or Taught:
Year: (High school or college levels are available)
Club Memberships or Sponsorships:

STATS: (Stats are based on the old Marvel 'FASERIP' system, see Spoilers below the character sheet for possible values! Don't worry if you don't have answers for these, we will help you. All characters should be believable, no Mary Sues/Gary Stus. Original Characters should have nothing higher than Remarkable or possibly a single Incredible level. Feel free to leave this blank and I will fill it in and work with you.)
Fighting: xx - Agility: xx - Strength: xx - Endurance: xx - Reason: xx - Intuition: xx - Psyche: xx

POWERS: (Please list any powers your character has in the example format below. The more descriptive and exact the better, if you need help just ask! Please be reasonable. Original characters are limited to a single major power set/theme and it cannot be a direct copy of a Canon character.
POWER NAME1 - Power description here. Include skill level, limits, disadvantages, etc. The more detail you go into the better off you'll be in the long run. Example SUPER SPEED - : Quicksilver’s Superhuman Speed allows him to run at upwards of 770mph with effort and he can maintain this speed for several hours before needing to rest. He can also use this speed to do things like run across water or straight up walls given sufficient space to ramp up to full speed. His body is safe from friction and minor collisions at these speeds and he has no trouble breathing. (In other words, be as specific as you can.)
POWER NAME1 - Power description here.

ADVANTAGES: (Please list 1 to 5 non-skill based advantages your character may have.  These are things that fall outside of Superpowers. This may include things like a sharp sense of smell, being a light sleeper, quick non-superhuman reflexes, etc.)
ADVANTAGE1 - Description here
ADVANTAGE2 - Description here

DISADVANTAGES: (Please list 1 to 5 disadvantages your character may have. This may include things like being blind, a low alcohol tolerance, or a club foot. At least 1 Disadvantage is required per Advantage above.)
DISADVANTAGE1 - Description here
DISADVANTAGE2 - Description here

SKILLS: (Please list some things your character is good at, or at least has been trained and is competent at. This includes things like a fighting style, computers, repair, stunt driving, history knowledge, etc. There’s no limit to how many you can list, but these will be scrutinized base on history and background.)
SKILL1: - Description here
SKILL1: - Description here

HISTORY:
Please include a history of your character includes how/when their powers manifested (Age 16 or older!) and anything else that helped to shape your character. Remember that this is a fresh start from the comics, and this is a great time to tone things down - Please avoid clones, alternate dimensions, warps of reality, and aliens.

Orange Marmalade

Looks interesting so far, Kimera!

Also I think I'm caught up on PMs from other potential applications - please PM if I've missed you :)

And to anyone else: We're always open and accepting new characters of any type!

Adammair

Hey there, everyone. I'm back again. :)
I've been thinking, and I'd like to play Daredevil, possibly with a twist that I haven't come up with yet. Maybe someone can help me with that? He will be straight, no negotiating that part. If it's allowed (I think it was mentioned that it was, not 100% sure) I'd also like to play a second character. This will be his bisexual girlfriend, codenamed BloodSpirit. Her abilities, in part, are to absorb the entire spectrum of visible and invisible light, and use that light to become, for all intents and purposes, invisible. In the dark, she can either glow red, or combine ultraviolet and infrared light to cancel each other out and not glow at all.
Thoughts? Ideas?

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Adammair on June 28, 2014, 05:02:20 AM
Hey there, everyone. I'm back again. :)
I've been thinking, and I'd like to play Daredevil, possibly with a twist that I haven't come up with yet. Maybe someone can help me with that? He will be straight, no negotiating that part. If it's allowed (I think it was mentioned that it was, not 100% sure) I'd also like to play a second character. This will be his bisexual girlfriend, codenamed BloodSpirit. Her abilities, in part, are to absorb the entire spectrum of visible and invisible light, and use that light to become, for all intents and purposes, invisible. In the dark, she can either glow red, or combine ultraviolet and infrared light to cancel each other out and not glow at all.
Thoughts? Ideas?

Hey there! That could certainly work, and we do allow up to three characters so you could play both. Playing your own character's girlfriend is a bit unusual but I don't see any major reason to say no to it, and her powers seem quite reasonable. Feel free to draw up a sheet or ask any questions you come up with! :)

Kimera

Going to put some work on the charsheet today. Hopefully i can get it finished in the next few days.

Daelen

BASIC INFO:
Legal Name: Remy Etienne LeBeau
Codename/Nickname/Aliases: Gambit, Cajun, Le Diable Blanc
Citizenship and other legal info: US Citizen
Place of Birth: New Orleans, Louisiana
Occupation: Teacher, former thief and card shark, school locksmith.
Education: Mostly street smarts, no formal education

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 179 lbs
Hair color: Brown
Eye color: Burning red
Ethnicity: Cajun
General Appearance: Is generally seen with a 5 o'clock shadow, but rarely with a full beard. Always wears his trademark brown trench coat regardless of weather or venue. A jeans and shirt man unless he needs to gear up for combat, where he wears a fitted bodysuit with red articulated body armor over his chest.

OTHER INFORMATION:
Orientation: Straight
Ons/Offs: Same as player
Goals: To prove himself and hone his skills in a manner that won't get him arrested, or worse. To teach others so that they don't make the same mistakes he has.
Wealth Level: 4
Personality: Gambit is a loner. He sees himself as a care-free, modern-day Robin Hood; once embroiled in combat, however, he becomes deadly serious. In battle, he jokes and banters with his teammates and enemies, but when it comes to talking about himself, his powers, or his past, he is absolutely closed-mouthed.

SCHOOL INFO:
Classes Taken or Taught: Teaches Fencing, Parkour, and staff-fighting
Year: (High school or college levels are available)
Club Memberships or Sponsorships: Fencing Instructor, Parkour, Bo staff based martial arts, also runs a weekly poker game.

STATS: (Stats are based on the old Marvel 'FASERIP' system, see Spoilers below the character sheet for possible values! Don't worry if you don't have answers for these, we will help you. All characters should be believable, no Mary Sues/Gary Stus. Original Characters should have nothing higher than Remarkable or possibly a single Incredible level. Feel free to leave this blank and I will fill it in and work with you.)
Fighting: 6 - Agility: 7 - Strength: 4 - Endurance: 6 - Reason: 3 - Intuition: 5 - Psyche: 6

POWERS: (Please list any powers your character has in the example format below. The more descriptive and exact the better, if you need help just ask! Please be reasonable. Original characters are limited to a single major power set/theme and it cannot be a direct copy of a Canon character.
POWER NAME1 - Power description here. Include skill level, limits, disadvantages, etc. The more detail you go into the better off you'll be in the long run. Example SUPER SPEED - : Quicksilver’s Superhuman Speed allows him to run at upwards of 770mph with effort and he can maintain this speed for several hours before needing to rest. He can also use this speed to do things like run across water or straight up walls given sufficient space to ramp up to full speed. His body is safe from friction and minor collisions at these speeds and he has no trouble breathing. (In other words, be as specific as you can.)

Energy Transformation - Gambit has the mutant ability to tap into the potential energy contained within an object and transform it into kinetic energy upon touching it. When Gambit thus charges an object and throws it at a target, the object releases this energy explosively on impact. Gambit is unable to use this power to charge living objects.

Superhuman Agility - Gambit's ability to tap energy, coupled with his own training, also grants him superhuman agility and dexterity, which he employs in his fighting style with his staff and explosive projectiles.

Psi-Screen - Gambit can create a static interference that shields his mind from intrusion and detection by even the most powerful telepaths, making it incredibly difficult and uncomfortable for both if it is broken through.

Hypnotic Charm - Gambit also possesses a hypnotic charm that allows him to exert a subtle influence over any sentient mind. This power allows Gambit to compel others to believe what he says and agree with anything he suggests. More powerful minds have proven immune to Gambit's charm.

ADVANTAGES: (Please list 1 to 5 non-skill based advantages your character may have.  These are things that fall outside of Superpowers. This may include things like a sharp sense of smell, being a light sleeper, quick non-superhuman reflexes, etc.)

Thieving Skills - Remy is a skilled lock picker, thief and escape artist, even going above and beyond his apparent agility in these talents.

Acrobatics/Tumbling - Remy is a trained acrobat, and has studied parkour. He is light on his feet and very hard to take down.

Bilingual - Reads, speaks and writes Cajun French and English fluently, speaks some Japanese.

Accuracy - Possesses the ability to throw small objects - including knives, throwing spikes, and playing cards - with extraordinary accuracy.

DISADVANTAGES: (Please list 1 to 5 disadvantages your character may have. This may include things like being blind, a low alcohol tolerance, or a club foot. At least 1 Disadvantage is required per Advantage above.)

Loner - Gambit has a hard time creating lasting relationships, the couple he has had are impressive feats for him to say the least.

Cocky - Gambit doesn't back down from much, if anything. He trusts in his abilities above all else, even when the odds are stacked against him. Will try anything he's been told he can't do.

Sense-Dependent - Believes what he hears over what he sees, but focuses on that sense too much in some cases.

Women - Gambit loves women, to a fault. He'll follow a beautiful woman right down to Hell, or so he's said himself.

SKILLS: (Please list some things your character is good at, or at least has been trained and is competent at. This includes things like a fighting style, computers, repair, stunt driving, history knowledge, etc. There’s no limit to how many you can list, but these will be scrutinized base on history and background.)

Fencing: - Remy is an accomplished fencer, talented enough to teach a course at the school.

Bo staff: - His weapon of choice, a telescoping Bo staff, that he is well trained in.

Mechanical repair/locksmith: - Due to his thieving background, Gambit has an aptitude for mechanical things, especially locking mechanisms.

HISTORY:
Please include a history of your character includes how/when their powers manifested (Age 16 or older!) and anything else that helped to shape your character. Remember that this is a fresh start from the comics, and this is a great time to tone things down - Please avoid clones, alternate dimensions, warps of reality, and aliens.

As a small child in New Orleans, Remy grew up not knowing his parents. He was abandoned as a small child, in part because of his unnatural eye color or so it was believed. At the age of 16 he was caught trying to steal the wallet of a well to do man in the city, named Jean-Luc LeBeau. In anger, Remy's powers manifested and he caused the man's jacket to catch fire and explode shortly after Jean-Luc was able to get it off. Interested in the boy's power, LeBeau adopted young Remy and tried to teach him to use it. Being a human, Remy felt his newly adopted father didn't understand, and he spent most of his time still on the streets, perfecting his thieving talents. He was picked up by a local gang and trained in the art, as well as learning some combat skills along the way. He always believed that his powers had more potential than he could access, and in searching for answers on unlocking that potential, he found Xavier's school. Xavier has taught him to control and focus that power, but some limitations are still there that he cannot overcome. Taking his learned and inherent abilities, Xavier has put him to good use as an instructor.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake for Group RPs!

"This is Life. The struggle is what reminds us to draw breath."

Daelen

I've taken the Oath of The Drake for Group RPs!

"This is Life. The struggle is what reminds us to draw breath."

Orange Marmalade

Doomsday

We've got a lot of unclaimed canon's if anybody's interested, plus a new in-game week will be starting soon! We're short on straight males, come on guys ;)

Chaosfox

I....I have to get in on this  will look through cannons and  come up with something.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Landshark

Ive looked in on this a few times now. I had an OC idea just not sure if i wanna step in though. What kind of post rate is expected or preffered i should say?

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Landshark on July 28, 2014, 09:14:13 PM
Ive looked in on this a few times now. I had an OC idea just not sure if i wanna step in though. What kind of post rate is expected or preffered i should say?

The only requirement is once per week when you're active in a thread and we just ask people to be aware of the thread they're jumping into (Some move fast, some move slow which is totally fine)

Alsheriam

Will you be keen on a SHIELD (totally not Spanish Inquisition) agent showing up under the cover of a new professor who possesses somewhat weak powers?
A/A

Landshark

Im sure your tired of answering this one but i didnt see it immeadiately anywhere. Post CS here or PM to you?

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Chaosfox on July 28, 2014, 05:57:25 PM
I....I have to get in on this  will look through cannons and  come up with something.

Looking forward to it!

Quote from: Alsheriam on July 31, 2014, 01:54:03 AM
Will you be keen on a SHIELD (totally not Spanish Inquisition) agent showing up under the cover of a new professor who possesses somewhat weak powers?

SHIELD doesn't really exist in the same way in this universe - and at the moment they don't have the resources to slip an agent like that past the Telepaths at the school. One of our requirements for the moment is basically there's no 'bad guy' PCs yet, even sleeper agents. Could be someone who has left the government to fight for mutant rights or something, though.

Quote from: Landshark on July 31, 2014, 12:45:03 PM
Im sure your tired of answering this one but i didnt see it immeadiately anywhere. Post CS here or PM to you?

Both are perfectly valid! :)

SpiralSpider

I'm ... deflated. Everyone I was playing and plotting with has left except one.
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

RainbowRian

Quote from: SpiralSpider on July 31, 2014, 01:01:27 PM
I'm ... deflated. Everyone I was playing and plotting with has left except one.

I know the feeling dear :D Good news is though, that you still have time to branch out and stuffs ^^

Landshark

Hey Orange I got my OC CS into you for approval. Thanks in advance!