News:

Main Menu

Life starts at 100?

Started by Kurzyk, January 05, 2009, 02:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magnamos

It's not important how long you live but what you do while you're alive.

I don't want to be that old if all I can still do is 'doing nothing but eat and sleep'.

The Overlord

Agreed, survival and living are two entirely different things. As long as I can at least MMO one hundred will be bearable.

Hell, by the time we reach that age, virtual reality will probably be on par with the Matrix. Might not matter if you're bedridden when you’re standing on the shores of an alien world watching the sunset...  :-\

magnamos

Quote from: The Overlord on January 05, 2009, 06:16:17 AM
Agreed, survival and living are two entirely different things. As long as I can at least MMO one hundred will be bearable.

Hell, by the time we reach that age, virtual reality will probably be on par with the Matrix. Might not matter if you're bedridden when you’re standing on the shores of an alien world watching the sunset...  :-\

It gets dangerous when you not notice that you just died anymore. The virtual reality will be that good that your soul is just consumed by the computer your connected to and you can play onlinegames into all eternity!

The Overlord

Well, if I can divide my time between Norrath and Lucas' galaxy from long ago and far, far away, I just might not care.  :P

Trieste

Caity

I don't think she meant that all she did was eat and sleep because that's all she could do, but because that's all she had to do.  It's sad really that someone that age isn't more valued by society and instead is left to rot in a nursing home.

Mudchaser

You know you're in the 21st century when someone dies at the age of 54, and your friends exclaim "So young?!"

The way medical science is going, I wouldn't be surprised to see them keep pushing back the average life expectancty.  When I was a kid, it was 70.  Now, it's 80.  Over the course of 20 years, we gained 10 years.  What will the life expectancy be when we start hitting 80?

[tr][td]I lack the time for any new (or even current!) stories.  My apologies.

"From this arises the question whether it is better to be loved rather than feared, or feared rather than loved. It might perhaps be answered that we should wish to be both: but since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them,
it is far safer to be feared than loved."   -Machiavelli

"There's nothing sexier than swordplay"  -Stana Katic[/td][/tr][/table]

magnamos

We're this close [   ] to virtual immortality.

Let me ask you this: Is that a goal worth to achieve?

Mudchaser

More options > Less Options

If we have magical youth pills, and you decide you'd rather be old, you can just elect not to take them.

[tr][td]I lack the time for any new (or even current!) stories.  My apologies.

"From this arises the question whether it is better to be loved rather than feared, or feared rather than loved. It might perhaps be answered that we should wish to be both: but since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them,
it is far safer to be feared than loved."   -Machiavelli

"There's nothing sexier than swordplay"  -Stana Katic[/td][/tr][/table]