EX game: GM looking for player for a Dexter or Revenge styled story -Taken-

Started by Galactic Druid, October 31, 2017, 04:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Druid

I am currently in discussion with someone over this idea, so I'm marking this taken until I finish another story.

I've had this idea bouncing around in my head for a while, and finally it decided it needs to come out for Halloween. I've been a GM for all kinds of games over my time RPing, both system and sytemless games, but I've never actually attempted something like this before. Even my darkest campaign material would still have characters questing for sdome greater good.

What I want to try is the opposite. I want to GM a world for the player to manipule, turn against itself, and otherwise destroy, whether that's a quiet suburbia, a college campus, or some fantasy realm is open for negotiation with a potential partner. What follows are a few ideas for how it could be done, which are not the only things I'm willing to write.

A few things I'd like to mention before getting on to the ideas;

While these stories will definitely belong in the EX section, I'm really not looking for sexual violence. That's not to say sex can't happen within the story (especially if YC has a deranged partner in crime), or they couldn't use their looks to lure victims, or playing a black widow, etc, but I'm definitely not looking to write out hardcore rape scenes, sexual mutilation, etc, etc.

A lot of these ideas are a bit vauge, and that's always by design. I like to design a world with a potential partner, its a lot more fun when it fits both our visions.

If you're curious about something, or have a question, please send me a PM! I'd love to hear from you!

The Outsider
In a small surbuban setting or a small town, YC never quite fit in. Whether they grew up there and were picked on their whole life, or recently moved and have been facing harassment by their new neighbors, the community has gone out of their way to make YC feel unwelcome, and managed to hit their breaking point. YC begins plotting their revenge, taking advantage of local rumors (maybe even Halloween rumors if we want to do something seasonal) to throw the local authority off their trail as they enact their revenge, one by one.

Tear it all Down
Set in a fantasy world lead by a powerful theocracy, YC is someone the church would have labeled a deviant. Maybe it's because of their sexual preferences or lifestyle, they're had to steal to survive, or maybe they just didn't scorn other deviants. It could be they were just unfortunate enough to be born the "wrong" race. Whatever the reason, they and the outcasts like them are conspiring to tear down the establishment, by any means necessary.

As a note, I'd totally be down for running this as a modern day or dystopian theocracy as well, or even as a group game if we could find one.

A dish served cold.

YC is more than just an outsider in this scenario. They're a person with a vendetta against a specific group; a crime syndicate that killed their spouse or used them in their sex ring (as I mentioned, while I'm not willing to play out hard rape scenes, their use in backstory is fine), a corporation that ruined their business, a corrupt, untouacble politician that somehow uprooted their life. Whatever the reason, they're out for blood, and nothing will stop them from ruining the lives of those that took theirs away.

Everything up here is totally negotiable, so if you have any questions or ideas, please don't be shy! I'd love to hear from you!
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Galactic Druid

2/25: I have one instance of this going, but I'd be interested in going one more for the right plot and character.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!