Warframe - Interest Check

Started by Ace Flyer, February 08, 2014, 02:35:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace Flyer

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you.

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

I've been playing a lot of Warframe lately, and digging around in what little there is for lore, and now I'm wondering if there might be people interested in a possible group game based on the setting. I have some ideas in mind as to what we would do, but I haven't decided if such would be a freeform game or follow some kind of system, because honestly, I'm a bit limited on what systems I really know and have access to the materials of. ^^;;

I'd be taking a DM-type role, playing NPCs and enemies for everyone else, and perhaps a warframe later on, once things are set and rolling.

I'd be looking for at least four other players, though more are certainly welcome, and if only a few are interested, I won't drop this simply because there wasn't enough interest. The biggest change from the game that I'm putting in place, though, is that there are only a few Tenno. Instead of the warframes being suits that can be built and worn by many, there is only one of each, making the Tenno a small, elite number in the solar system. So, first come first serve on your favorite frame to play as.

I'll include with the warframes what the frame would be considered (I think) in a system game, as well as the frame's gender, so people interested can focus just on those they like the sound of. All link to the frame's offical page, aside from Zephyr, who is the newest addition and the main website hasn't been updated for her yet.

List of Warframes
Ash (DPS, Male, Stealth Focus) - Open
Banshee - Open (Support, Female, Sonic-based Powers)
Ember (DPS, Female, Fire-based Power) - Open
Excalibur (DPS, Male, Sword Combat Focus)  - Open
Frost (Tank/Support, Male, Ice-based Power) - Open
Loki (Support, Male, Stealth Focus) - Open
Mag (Support, Female, Magnetic Force-based Power) - Open
Nekros (Support, Male, Death/Dark-based Power) - Open
NovaNova[/url] (DPS/Support, Female, Energy-based Power) - Open
Nyx (Support, Female, Psychic-based Power) - Open
Oberon (Support/DPS, Male, Holy/Light-based Power) - Open
Rhino (Tank, Male, Physical Focus) - Open
Saryn (DPS/Support, Female, Poison-based Power) - Open
Valkyr (DPS, Female, Beserker) - Open
Vauban (Support/DPS, Male, Gadget Focus) - Open
Volt (DPS, Male, Electricity-based Power) - Open
Zephyr (DPS, Female, Air-based Power) - Open

People are free to play a warframe however they like, as there really is no real canon that dictates anything. I'm just hoping for enough people to form at least one full team. I'm completely open to how the game would go, as well. If everyone wants a more social game, focusing on character interaction and relationships, that's perfectly fine. Or we can be adventure and mission based. Or a mix of the two. Or something else entirely. I have a rough story in line to follow, but that can be worked out and decided with anyone interested in trying this out.

So...Yeah, I can't think of anything else. I'm completely up for talking anything out, I just want to see if a game like this can get going.

Shaitan

I'm up for picking up the Rhino frame, been playing a lot myself lately.