AHS: Coven Reborn (LGBT+ Friendly)(Reboot - Recruiting Instructors)

Started by Jag, December 01, 2018, 05:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag

Аѫёяїcап Hѳяяѳя $тѳяч: Cѳѵёп Яёбѳяп

Tабгё ѳf Cѳптёпт$

Яцгё$ апд Їпfѳяѫатїѳп

• No godmodding. There are a number of abilities and beings who possess mind control type powers. These must be handled with care. They must be discussed with all those involved in the scene before being used or they must be left open ended to where the opposing character has a chance to fight it and resist it.
  • This game will take place in the Extreme section. All posts must be tagged appropriately. Sexual activity is not the primary goal, but it is not disallowed. There will be a separate thread for both intimate scenes and for non-con scenes.
  • LGBT+ characters are very much welcomed. Encouraged. A large focus on the game will be breaking down the gender divide between witches and warlocks. Characters outside the gender binary are highly encouraged.
  • You may play a canon witch or warlock, but you may also create originals. I prefer originals, but we have room for canon characters. That being said, both original and canon characters will be limited in their powers to begin with. No over powering your characters.
  • Voodoo practitioners are not being accepted as characters at this time. This is something that is going to be brought in in the future.
  • Disregard of the tagging system and a player's Ons/Offs will not be tolerated. Likewise, incivility, outright rudeness towards other players, disregarding what is happening in a scene, and blatant ignoring of the godmodding rule will not be tolerated either. You may be asked to leave the game if the situation is bad enough.
  • Game is largely freeform. Any fighting between players will be predetermined via OOC/PM chats.
  • Game will have no set pace. Please attempt to notify GM(s) or post in OOC regarding long absences. After two weeks of no activity, I shall reach out to see if you are okay and to see if we need to skip you in a scene if you are part of some kind of event. If you do not reply within a week of that message, you will be automatically skipped, but not removed. If there is still no response two more weeks after your last activity in the game, you will be considered on hiatus and out of the scene. You can still return to the game as whole, just not that event as it will have moved on by then. No player will be removed from the game just based on activity, you can always return and start a new scene.

Яёбѳѳт Cнаяаcтёя Їпfѳяѫатїѳп
Game will start off with just Instructors. This is not a standard 'school' game. Instructors will be 18+, but they are hardly responsible adults. Their classes consist of "I'm good at doing this thing and I will hold lessons for it at random whenever I feel like it". They are more like that person you meet when you pull a flyer off a bulletin board at the library that is selling guitar lessons.

Instructors and Students are not prohibited from being intimate since there is no real authority the Instructors possess. Instructors are just witches and warlocks who have agreed to come to Robichaux for one reason or another and are free to leave whenever they wish, same as the students. Since there are no grades or things like that, they have nothing to really hold over a student.

Fаcёcгаїѫ$

Already claimed faces:

• Ezra Miller for Maverick Snow- Jag
  • Cheyenne Jackson for John Henry Moore - Jag

NPC Faceclaims:

• Billie Lourd - Mallory Ward
  • Leslie Grossman - Coco St. Pierre Vanderbilt
  • Jamie Brewer - Nan
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Jag

Hї$тѳяч

Tнё Pа$т

In 1590, a witch named Agnes Sampson concocted a formula to kill warlocks by making them bleed from the inside out, but was burned at the stake before being able to attempt it. It is said that despite the divide between witches and warlocks that existed before this, the line was drawn at Sampson's attempts to enact genocide against the warlocks.

It has been attested that the witches of Salem received their power from the Voodoo slave girl Tituba, though evidently, their abilities stem from a genetic affliction that is passed down through bloodlines. During the Salem witch trials in 1692, witches faced persecution and decided to flee south in the midst of the hysteria. However, their ailing Supreme, Prudence Mather, was unable to make the journey and decided to take her own life in a ritual known as the Sacred Taking. This selfless act allowed a new Supreme to take power and lead the Coven to safety, where they eventually settled in New Orleans. The generations of witches to follow would become known as the "Salem descendants".

In 1702, the first record of a witch's powers changing after declaring they are a man. Before any tests could be performed to see what could be cause of the diminished abilities, as magic has always been based on testosterone and estrogen, he was killed by humans.

In 1868, the reigning Supreme of the time, Marianne Wharton, purchased Miss Robichaux's Academy for Exceptional Young Ladies as a safe haven where witches could gather to learn. In 1919, the witches of the Academy killed the Axeman, putting an end to his murderous reign of terror in New Orleans. In 1926, a witch was tried and burned at the stake for murdering three warlocks in cold blood.

In 1913, a born warlock declares themself neither male or female. They began to ascend in ranks and started demanding to be tested in the Seven Wonders. The magic user disappeared after being denied the chance to take the Seven Wonders test. Their body was never found.

The witches of the Coven found a new enemy in the form of a Voodoo tribe lead by Marie Laveau, the Voodoo Queen. This sparked an ongoing feud in 1961 that lasted for about ten years, motivated in part by racial tension between the two groups. The bloody conflict would come to an end in 1971, when Marie Laveau and Supreme Anna Leigh Leighton signed a truce that entailed neither side crossing into the other's territory. Tensions remain high to this day between the two groups, but common place is slowly being found as more witches are being found with the genetic relation to Tituba and other powerful Voodooist from the past.

Tнё Pяё$ёпт

It is 2020 and Mallory Ward has ascended to the status of Supreme. She has invited the warlocks of Hawthorne School to join them. Being the only living person to remember what was originally supposed to happen to the world, she seeks to make sure this can never happen again. She realized that it was the divide between witches and warlocks that lead the warlocks to take in Michael Langdon. To believe him to be their Alpha and push him further down his dark path. She blames the witches for treating the warlocks so poorly for so long. She knows that one day, danger will come again and they must stand united as brothers and sisters to face it.

Supreme Mallory Ward seeks to create a new magical academy where all can flourish and a new world can begin.

Tнё Cѳѵёп'$ Гѳпg Шёёк

Supreme Mallory Ward and Grand Chancellor John Henry have been working to get the school ready and have invited a number of witches and warlocks they feel would be able to help them in their work for unification. Some are masters at their craft and some are merely skilled. They are to be given the title of "Instructor", but they aren't really fit to be teachers.

In an effort to foster some sense of togetherness and community between the witches and warlocks who would be instructing the new academy, Mallory and John have invited them to come in advance to the school's reopening. To spend a week getting to know each other. Hoping to work past some of the hatred that had festered between them for centuries as many witches were taught to look down on warlocks.

Yet something awful is lurking in the shadows hoping to keep them divided...

Jag

Cнаяаcтёя $нёёт $кёгётѳп$

PM these to me, please. Do not post here in the recruitment. Thank you.

[center][size=15pt][u]Їп$тяцcтѳя[/u][/size][/center]

[float=right][img height=250 padding=5]https://i.imgur.com/XenvfvM.png[/img][/float] [glow=green,2,300][size=15pt][u]Їптяѳдцcтїѳп[/u][/size][/glow]
[b]Character name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Orientation:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Hair color:[/b]
[b]Eye color:[/b]
[b]Status:[/b] (Academy Instructor, Hawthorne Chancellor, Hawthorne Instructor Transfer, New Instructor)

[glow=green,2,300][size=15pt][u]Pёя$ѳпаг[/u][/size][/glow]

[b]Personality:[/b] Ideally a paragraph here or a list of at least five traits.

[b]Hobbies:[/b] As many as you like

[b]History:[/b] At least 2-3 paragraphs. No histories of severe memory loss, please.

[glow=green,2,300][size=15pt][u]Аcадёѫїc апд Cаяёёя[/u][/size][/glow]

[b]Magics:[/b] Please refer to [url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=296956.msg14540999#msg14540999]this post[/url].

[b]Instrumental Crafts:[/b] Please refer to [url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=296956.msg14541192#msg14541192]this post[/url].

[b]Prior Schooling:[/b] (Did they graduate high school? College? Trade schools? Etc...)

[b]Outside Jobs:[/b] (Own a small business? Side jobs for cash? Etc...)

[glow=green,2,300][size=15pt][u]Ѫї$cёггапёѳц$[/u][/size][/glow]

[b]Faceclaim:[/b] (No animated images, only real life images)

[b]Extra Images:[/b] (Optional)

[b]Extra Tidbits:[/b] (Any non-magical talents, traits, quirks, etc...)

[b]Connections With Other Characters:[/b] (Optional to fill out as you go)

Preview
Їп$тяцcтѳя

Їптяѳдцcтїѳп
Character name:
Weight:
Hair color:
Eye color:
Status: (Academy Instructor, Hawthorne Chancellor, Hawthorne Instructor Transfer, New Instructor)

Pёя$ѳпаг

Personality: Ideally a paragraph here or a list of at least five traits.

Hobbies: As many as you like

History: At least 2-3 paragraphs. No histories of severe memory loss, please.

Аcадёѫїc апд Cаяёёя

Magics: Please refer to this post.

Instrumental Crafts: Please refer to this post.

Prior Schooling: (Did they graduate high school? College? Trade schools? Etc...)

Outside Jobs: (Own a small business? Side jobs for cash? Etc...)

Ѫї$cёггапёѳц$

Faceclaim: (No animated images, only real life images)

Extra Images: (Optional)

Extra Tidbits: (Any non-magical talents, traits, quirks, etc...)

Connections With Other Characters: (Optional to fill out as you go)

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
[center][size=15pt][u]$тцдёпт[/u][/size][/center]

[float=right][img height=250 padding=5]https://i.imgur.com/XenvfvM.png[/img][/float] [glow=red,2,300][size=15pt][u]Їптяѳдцcтїѳп[/u][/size][/glow]
[b]Character name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Orientation:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Hair color:[/b]
[b]Eye color:[/b]
[b]Status:[/b] (New to the academy, long time student, transfer from Hawthorne)

[glow=red,2,300][size=15pt][u]Pёя$ѳпаг[/u][/size][/glow]

[b]Personality:[/b] Ideally a paragraph here or a list of at least five traits.

[b]Hobbies:[/b] As many as you like

[b]History:[/b] At least 2-3 paragraphs. No histories of severe memory loss, please.

[glow=red,2,300][size=15pt][u]Аcадёѫїc[/u][/size][/glow]

[b]Magics:[/b] Please refer to [url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=296956.msg14540999#msg14540999]this post[/url].

[b]Instrumental Crafts:[/b] Please refer to [url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=296956.msg14541192#msg14541192]this post[/url].

[b]Prior Schooling:[/b] (Did they graduate high school? College? Trade schools? Etc...)

[glow=red,2,300][size=15pt][u]Ѫї$cёггапёѳц$[/u][/size][/glow]

[b]Faceclaim:[/b] (No animated images, only real life images)

[b]Extra Images:[/b] (Optional)

[b]Extra Tidbits:[/b] (Any non-magical talents, traits, quirks, etc...)

[b]Connections With Other Characters:[/b] (Optional to fill out as you go)

Preview
$тцдёпт

Їптяѳдцcтїѳп
Character name:
Weight:
Hair color:
Eye color:
Status: (New to the academy, long time student, transfer from Hawthorne)

Pёя$ѳпаг

Personality: Ideally a paragraph here or a list of at least five traits.

Hobbies: As many as you like

History: At least 2-3 paragraphs. No histories of severe memory loss, please.

Аcадёѫїc

Magics: Please refer to this post.

Instrumental Crafts: Please refer to this post.

Prior Schooling: (Did they graduate high school? College? Trade schools? Etc...)

Ѫї$cёггапёѳц$

Faceclaim: (No animated images, only real life images)

Extra Images: (Optional)

Extra Tidbits: (Any non-magical talents, traits, quirks, etc...)

Connections With Other Characters: (Optional to fill out as you go)

Totoro

Definitely interested. Not sure on a character yet, will have to remind myself of Coven.

Jag

While the history is based on the Coven/Apocalypse seasons, high knowledge of it is not necessary. Especially if you are wanting to be an OC witch new to the school or just any warlock.

Totoro

It'll definitely be something original. I haven't caught Apocalypse yet but I've heard it's odd.

Jag

It is, but don't focus much on that as everything that happened in Apocalypse only concerns an NPC. Only thing I'm pulling from it is that its Mallory's primary reason to join the two schools and pulling some magic from it.

Totoro

Sounds good. I might rewatch Coven but otherwise I'll mostly rely on memory and what's listed here. I have a few initial ideas just about pulling together.

Looking forward to seeing what others come up with too.

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Chantarelle

“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

Twisted iN Tux

Count me among the very interested as an OC Warlock.

Vael the Destroyer

JessLowell12

Jag

Glad to see enough interest to get going.

Character Sheet Codes are here.

Changed title of the thread to Recruiting from Interest Check. Added history to second post in thread, though it's still linked to the WB thread in the first post.

persephone325

Out of curiosity, is there an age limit on student characters? I was thinking of a student in her 20s, and it seems like the show had them start when they were in their teens.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Jag

In the timeline, the school went public in 2014, so it would depend on how old they were in 2014. It's not a normally structured school, since it relies on witches and warlocks coming to them in order to be trained. Coco and Mallory were both in their twenties when they started in 2015.

persephone325

Quote from: Jag on December 02, 2018, 08:06:22 PM
In the timeline, the school went public in 2014, so it would depend on how old they were in 2014. It's not a normally structured school, since it relies on witches and warlocks coming to them in order to be trained. Coco and Mallory were both in their twenties when they started in 2015.

Ah, OK. They both looked like late teenagers to me. >.< I feel old. lol

Thank you. ^^
I don't know.

Jag

They do look on the 18 year old side a lot of the time, but I think that's just the fact that they have better makeup artists and stylists than we do. :P

persephone325

Quote from: Jag on December 02, 2018, 08:17:59 PM
They do look on the 18 year old side a lot of the time, but I think that's just the fact that they have better makeup artists and stylists than we do. :P

XD Damn them. :P

On another note, I do have a soft spot for Misty Day... I'm tempted to claim her. >.<
I don't know.

Jag

persephone325

Quote from: Jag on December 02, 2018, 08:25:51 PM
Claim away if you want her. ^_^

I assume she would be a teacher character? Oh, and are there character limits? Not that I'm going to go overboard and make 60 or something. lol Sorry if it was mentioned somewhere above, and I missed it.
I don't know.

Jag

Misty Day could go either way as Student or Instructor. Given her personality, I find it hard to see her sitting at the Academy day after day to teach. She's a bit more flighty than that. However, she does have less 'training' given that she was away for such a long time in Hell. Even as a student, she might be given more leeway than other students given her status as one of the originals in the school (before the public outing).

persephone325

Quote from: Jag on December 02, 2018, 08:33:17 PM
Misty Day could go either way as Student or Instructor. Given her personality, I find it hard to see her sitting at the Academy day after day to teach. She's a bit more flighty than that. However, she does have less 'training' given that she was away for such a long time in Hell. Even as a student, she might be given more leeway than other students given her status as one of the originals in the school (before the public outing).

That makes sense. I definitely want to play her, so I'm gonna take a short while to think about her place at the school. Though I am leaning towards student. It does feel like that would fit her better.
I don't know.

Jag

Oh, and I forgot to answer the character limit thing...I'm going to start with two. I'll update that in the first post. I didn't think about that at first.