Fableshore [A Urban Dark Fairy Tale Game] .:Interest Check! LGBTQA+

Started by Dhampyress, January 24, 2018, 04:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash

I should have a second character submitted soon.  Maybe tonight.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Bekah Boo

Played By: Bekah Boo
Name: Madeline Huasur
Face Claim/Play-By: Alison Harvard
Alias/Nick name's: Maddie, Steel Fist Maddy, The girl with silver/no hands
Age Apperance: 26
Height: 5'1
Ethnicity: German
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Affiliation:
Bio: Madeline's beginnings are as bizarre and strange as any fellow Myst in the world of her origin, her only crime being too pure for her father as he found her innocence to be his downfall into insanity. Plagued with fits of delirium and strange voices the father found the devil whispering in his ear to give his daughter up for sacrifice for the fallen angel himself, that such innocent as she would only bring upon great grief and hard times upon the lowly peasants of the small German town tucked within the roaming mountains. Feeling like one of God's chosen Madeline's father followed the strange instructions well as he chained his sobbing child to the center of the field and left her to become 'unclean' without bathing nor substance to feed her so that she could be touched and taken into hell for the offering to spare the village.Yet after a few days the father would find his daughter clean from the great amount of her tears she shed, resulting in her flesh becoming too pure to be sacrificed as this only furthered the father's insanity to great lengths.At last the voice had one more instruction in which to give as it would be the most horrific of the crimes her father would commit,the voice having only one last recourse for his failure; to cut his own child's hands off so that they could be offered instead.

Using a dull axe the father mad with his mind all but melting away would hack off Madeline's once fragile and dainty hands at the wrists, the blood curdling screams of his daughter like the choir of angels to his bubbling mind as the man thought he had at last spared the village from great hardships that would befall them. No matter the screams of agony or pleads of forgiveness he would not be deterred as at long last he had finished the heinous act upon his young daughter and maimed her for life. Left crippled and in agony within the field a lowly witch would come to the traumatized maiden's begging call, having come across the scene of carnage and was revolted at the pitiful sight. Soothing the frantic maiden who would no doubt die from her grievous injuries the witch could see the purity in which her father had saw as damnation and sought to right the wrongs in any way she could, as her gift was a simple one. Giving Madeline finely carved hands of pure silver the witch instructed the in awe maiden that she should hold onto such brilliant purity as her prayers would be answered for her kindness in the form of usable hands in which to live with. That said however if she were to stray from such welcomed kindness and even thoughts the spell would revoke and leave her nothing but stumps once more, the gift giving as it was receiving as Madeline would be forced to live a life of restraint as a result, but it was all the witch was capable of.

Set free from her chains and unable to travel home to the village who had ignored her cries Madeline set off to rebuild a life of her own, traveling the countryside to settle herself all while keeping promise to the gift she had so been given. It had proved difficult for the young maiden as she had found the state of her hands tied deeply within her emotions, as any outward sadness or anger would result in them all but disappearing, while even tempered and kindness allowed the shimmering silver to once more take shape; truly an adjustment within Madeline's life as she struggled immensely during these times.

It was during such travels however on one fateful evening the young maiden would rest her weary head for just a moment, that upon her waking she found herself in a new world entirely, an environment that was surely built and an oddity for Madeline to witness and yet surely felt like a dream in itself.No longer were there fields of poppies, nor grand mountains doting the landscape, but rather strange buildings of brick and stone sculpted so perfectly, the oddity of flameless lights littering the skyline as Madeline found herself within Fableshore as it would soon be called. It would be months before the idea of this all nothing more than a dream would finally be revoked as Madeline did what she could to adjust to the best of her abilities, finding she was not alone in this strange world and that among them they were all similarly in the same sort of status. The hardships she faced however were nothing like those she had once faced within her tragic life as here Madeline was allowed the freedom in which she made her own name, erecting the Stahlfaust Tavern as a means of supporting herself after doing business with a strange fellow who was mesmerized by her shimmering hands of silver. Setting up shop Madeline began to adjust to her new life that seemingly did not have a real beginning or tale, but rather as if the fellow Mysts as they were soon called, had been merely dropped within the environment of oddity all together.

So many questions begged for answers and yet after nearly ten years there was still little known of Fableshore or it's beginnings, as soon enough it was accepted as mere reality and many citizens simply went on with their lives. Madeline became successful in her tavern with old german charm, and life was simply just that, just life.

Distinguishing Features: Madeline lost her hands to her father due to his insanity gripping him so firmly in the belief the devil wanted her hands as a prize, chopping them off in a fit in his delirium.This was witnessed by a witch who in turn gave Madeline hands made of silver, though they would only appear when she is even tempered and calm.
-On the flip side however when Madeline is under heavy stress, anger or depression the enchantment over her hands fail leaving her with nothing but stumps which can frighten some not prepared.She's scared off many an unwilling victim due to this.

Special Qualities: Sweet tempered Madeline enjoys doing what she can for those around her, as it isn't uncommon to see her wandering around with baskets of german sweets and other homemade meals for those who either need it or simply ask.

-When emotionally sound Madeline's hands become silver due to a kind witch before her time in fableshore, her hands however are quite heavy and are able to smash and crack if she isn't careful. 
-Although it can be troubling Madeline does enjoy working with her hands, usually for her home cooking in which she has become quite skilled at enough to offer a full menu at her tavern.

Would you like to bring a small business and or/and an 'affiliation' into the game? [Y/N] Y

List name of business and affiliation, if any: “Stahlfaust Tavern" The sort of place where one can hang up their coat and drink away the day's worries, the sort of place to expect a cold brew waiting for you at the bar no questions asked. Madeline prides herself in accumulating her regulars and treating them well, as her slightly abrasive and assertive nature is well welcomed by the crowds she gathers at the little watering hole full of classic German charm one would expect. Not to mention she actively employs needy once patrons down on their luck as Madeline can use all the help she can get considering she's a little 'clumsy' with carrying out drinks every once in a while.

Stahlfaust Tavern

Name of businessStahlfaust Tavern
Owned by: Madeline Huasur
Stahlfaust Tavern

Interior

Exterior

“Stahlfaust Tavern”Nestled on the edge of Neverland Ward it's owner Madeline Huasur wanted to bring her German roots to life as the tavern became her essential love child from all her efforts. Serving a vast assortment of homemade brews her village had been known for, Madeline's establishment is warm and comforting, a slightly more upscale version of a tavern but still the sort of place to leave the coat at the door and have a belly full of good home cooking, good alcohol, and good times. The staff indulge in the homey atmosphere with traditional garb of old world charm, along with the notion that all are welcome so long as their money is good. Though Madeline does have some instances of embarrassing mishaps involving spilled drinks from time to time, The Stahlfaust Tavern is a very welcoming for both patrons as well as anyone who wishes to find employment.

Dhampyress

Bekah Boo has been accepted into the game!

I've also added Dorothy's profile beneath Cindy's in the example profile section of the first post.

Crash

Played By: Crash
Name: Chelsey Kocka (Cheshire Cat)
Face Claim/Play-By: Vica Kerekes
Alias/Nick name's: None
Age Apperance: 36
Height: 5’ 3”
Ethnicity: Czech
Sexuality: Pansexual
Affiliation: Rabbit Hole Speakeasy

Personality:
Neutral:  Chelsey does not take sides in the political or criminal environment of Fableshore.  She and be extension the Rabbit Hole are completely neutral unless the Rabbit Hole is in danger in which case she will react swiftly in its defense. 

Silly:  Loves a good practical joke and enjoys playing them on her friends and enemies.  Chelsey is a playful person in many aspects of her life.  In her mind life is not worth living if it is not fun.  Chelsey loves turning even serious situations in to a game no matter the stakes.

Mischievous:  Chelsey’s silliness can have a bit of a dark side.  She can go from silly to toying with people for her amusement if she is bored or feeling threatened in some way.  Those that have targeted the Rabbit Hole or become unruly in its walls are often plagued with what appears to be unfortunate luck that can turn downright deadly if they persist.

Cunning: Chelsey had not maintained her neutrality passively.  She knows what is happening in Fableshore through her reputation as a moderator and neutral party.  She has blackmail information on many of the players within the city and is not afraid to use it if necessary.  Chelsey Is smart about it though and the people that could be a threat to her understand that she will remain utterly and completely neutral as long as her own interests are not threatened.  Considering those interests seem to be her own self-preservation and that of the Rabbit Hole and little else she is viewed as a dangerous but not threatening to other business.  Which is exactly how she wants to be perceived.

Mysterious: Chelsey doesn’t talk about her background much.  She was a mystery as the Cheshire cat and she remains so.  How she digs up her blackmail information is unknown, but it is often surprisingly accurate.  She still retains much of her magic from her time in Wonderland, but when asked how she simply shrugs and simply states it is in her nature and gives that big toothy grin.  Maybe she doesn’t know her past or simply finds it uninteresting.  Maybe in Wonderland she was just too insane to care.

Bio: Whatever calamity befell Wonderland seemed to have knocked some sanity back into its residents.  Not all.  Wonderlanders are a peculiar bunch to be sure. Cheshire Cat doesn’t speak much about those final days and the exile.  Perhaps she doesn’t know or just doesn’t care.  Fableshore has opened up many opportunities for the mischievous Cheshire and so many new creatures to play with.  Cheshire is a patient person..feline…Cheshire.  She has no want or need for control or power, but a deep seated need to be entertained and amused.  Even in the two legged form she has in this realm that hasn’t changed.  She is not a stupid Cheshire though.  Silly yes, but stupid never.  Cheshire needed a place to entertain and be entertained.  A little wonderland of her own, free from the Queen of Hearts and whatever other storybook spoilsport might want to ruin her enjoyment.  So she created the Rabbit Hole.  A little calling card to other Wonderlanders and a sultry siren of sexy stimulation to any human, story or Myst that might like a deviation or distraction from their dark grimy new city. 

The Rabbit Hole Speakeasy simply appeared one day.  Its licenses paid and staff assembled and Cheshire, now Chelsey, invited all of the major players in the city to its grand opening.  She schmoozed and sauntered her way from Myst to Myst and when the night was through her little club was neutral ground among the competing factions of the city.  An oasis of intrigue where deals could be made or broken, but never a drop of blood spilled within its walls. 

For years Chelsey has run the Rabbit Hole.  She is a friendly if silly proprietor prone to games and flirtations.  She is often at the club enjoying the entertainment or playing pool in a side room.  She rarely partakes in gambling preferring her own spontaneous games of chance to any card game, but she will stroll through from time to time to say hello and cause a little mischief if appropriate.  Recently Alice arrived in Fableshore and washed up at the Rabbit Hole.  Where Alice goes trouble follows, but it is such a wonderful chaos that Chelsey has taken to keeping a watchful eye on the beautiful wanderer and enjoys their strange metaphysical conversations to no end.

Distinguishing Features: Big, Toothy Smile
Special Qualities:
-Disappear:  Chelsey can fade away into nothing, her eyes and mouth the last thing to disappear.
-Malleable Form:  Chelsey can alter her appearance in disturbing and strange ways making herself appear terrifying, pulling her head from her body, growing and shrinking her form…etc…etc… It has the added benefit of making her really hard to kill. She can also transform into a fat tabby cat.
-Control and see through the eyes of cats.  Chelsey never tells anyone about this ability.  It is how she has come by many of her little secrets as even someone’s favorite house cat can be a spy for Chelsey.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Codexa

Crash

sullivanthedreadlord

I'm waiting on one person before I go ahead with my initial character idea.
I walk in the light for ever bathed in its glory, and yet my heart yearns to be consumed by the darkness hidden with in my soul

My O/O Page

Kokaine

Not sure if its me you're waiting to hear from (apologies if it is, been all over the place) but I did end up doing Red and she does have some wolf characteristics (and partial transformation) but the way I went about it, it hopefully shouldn't be too similar to your idea.

I'll be doing a second character but I am still thinking on that.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Dhampyress

Informative Post

Hello everyone.

Just wanted to tell you that I've added an official character list of the accepted concepts we have so far. I also includes a tentative consideration to some other ideas I've received, but have not obtained character sheets for. This list only includes those for which I have received and accepted profiles for and the former. I figured it would serve to help keep things more organized for everyone. It can be reviewed in the first post, before the exemplary character sheets.

Chaosfox

Just wanted to put out there I am still interested in this. Got roped into House sitting for my aunt which puts a bit of a hamper of doing things on here. But I will still be  working on getting a character together.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Kokaine

Played By: Kokaine
Name: Pyrrha Scarletti
Face Claim/Play-By: Jade Tailor
Alias/Nick name's: Scarlett | Scar | Red
Age Apperance: Mid to Late twenties
Height: 5'9"
Ethnicity: Mixed | Louisianan Accent | Speaks French
Sexuality: Pansexual
Occupation: Jack of all Trades @ The Fairest (fills in where needed) | One of Sinderella's Lieutenants
Affiliation: The Fairest
Bio:
Intelligent | Cunning | Resourceful & Adaptable | Curious | Alert & Observant | Tightly Wound | Flippant/Mouthy | Tempestuous | Highly Sensual | Compassionate

Once upon a time Red was an exceptionally sweet, caring, and well bred young woman who lived with her grandmother in a cozy little cottage in the woods... which about sums up all that Red can recall about her life previously. The rest of her memories feel like they were shoved into a blender and have become a sort of soupy mess. Every now and then she picks out an interesting chunk but really she's just about given up on trying and has instead focused her energies on surviving the now, especially since she's mostly alone.

With no Granny around to tell her what to do every second of the day, and no Peter to tempt her into harmless excursions away from boredom, Red has had to make her own way, relying on her own instincts. Unfortunately, the whole time its felt like two people, two beings in her head, pulling her this way and that with their conflicting desires. The result was a path more winding and meandering than direct, and a life that has certainly not been boring--though a part of her would be glad for a return to the days of before... if it weren't for that one big detail she still can't quite remember. 

That said, like any other place, survival depends on a few key things. Mostly food and shelter but there are other things as well. Things that require an otherwise sweet and tame girl to grow up into a gritty Fableshore urbanite capable of navigating even the grimiest of territories. Not that she lost that sweet veneer entirely. For those who would be inclined to ask how such an innocent girl turns into a sort of street broker, the obvious answer is that necessity can twist all sorts. One must adapt if they are to survive, after all. So Red began her Fableshore career as a broker of information, a set of eyes and ears with a knack for tracking down the juiciest tidbits to trade for money, food, shelter, and favors. And she had the advantage of instinctively knowing how to collect. Her face might not have been shown to all but her husky and slightly raspy tones became pretty well known in certain circles.

The chance of all chances landed her in Sinderella's lap some time back. Making a name for herself was sort of a mixed blessing, but as a one woman show her act was only gonna get so big. Red was about taking care of herself but never seemed to fully cross over into the sort of greed that can take hold, which in a lot of ways limited her. It very definitely helped keep her sane. In control. But it also kept her from growing into one of the major figures in Fableshore. Granted, even without greed the woman seemed to possess a craving for danger and thrills that made her reckless enough to get mixed up with said figures. While part of her might have craved a return to normalcy the other part couldn't bear the thought of anything so sedate and so she made a gamble. Took a risk. Her activities led her to seek a cover of regular employment to be nearer to certain types. Getting into The Fairest actually seemed almost too easy but she didn't back off. Hell, being a magnet for trouble sort of guaranteed that she was quickly pulled in deeper than she had anticipated. But leave it to Red to make a virtue of necessity.

The theme didn't change. Red knew the likelihood of this life chewing her up and spitting her out was high but the rush of uncertainty was like an addiction. Besides, while she hadn't been strictly aware of it before, she did seem to prefer having something or someone to show at least a modicum of loyalty to. Rising in the ranks was viewed as necessary to her own chances, but admittedly there are perks that come with the position that she quite enjoys.

Distinguishing Features: Has a few special tattoos, mainly symbols or text here and there. They appear to be clues to her past, her origins, but she hasn't had much luck in puzzling them out thus far. She also has a nose ring (left) and several piercings in each ear. She has a few lasting scars, though new ones do not seem to appear. And, of course, she's almost always seen wearing red (Its a problem if she's not.)

Special Qualities:
Mark of the Beast - Neither one thing nor the other, Red appears to be caught in limbo with regards to things she cannot fully remember. She dreams of the wolf, knows it intimately, yet she remains ever poised on the edge, neither tipping over into full beast form yet clearly not human. Her senses are sharper, her strength greater than that of a woman her size and stature, she is faster and more durable--able to take damage and heal provided she eats. Her nature is more primal and can bring about physical changes to her eyes, teeth, and nails, usually when her composure slips. These things do ebb and flow with the phases of the moon, the full moon bringing on the greatest intensity, but they are always there and require Red to truly be master of herself.

The Red Cloak - An enchanted item that can turn into any garment or accessory the owner can imagine, though it is always red. The cloak boosts or represses certain traits in the wearer, dependent upon their personality and motivations. For Red it is meant to soothe the beast and helps her keep control of herself. If lost, wearing other red items may temporarily help but not indefinitely, or even for long. The cloak can be taken or loaned but will only work as intended for the true owner. It may be gifted to another but only by free will.

Survivalist - Red has an uncanny ability to be, say, or do whatever will allow her to survive a given situation. It's not so much magical as it is keen observation and natural intuition. It won't keep her out of trouble, unfortunately, and seems to have made her a tad more reckless with herself at times, encouraging that part of her that seems to thrive on the edge. So far she's always managed to land on her feet though, eventually.

Would you like to bring a small business and or/and an 'affiliation' into the game? [N]
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Codexa

sullivanthedreadlord

I walk in the light for ever bathed in its glory, and yet my heart yearns to be consumed by the darkness hidden with in my soul

My O/O Page

Dhampyress

*Pokes interest check*

Okay, so, I was wondering if anyone here was familiar with any newbie friendly programs or sites that I might use to attempt to make a map of Fableshore with? I have a few ideas for significant locations, but if I can implement some graphics, I think that might add to it a bit. I haven't attempted building a map for a group game in a while, so any advice would be appreciated.

Crash

Dhampyress

I'd like it to, yes. Maybe I should do a recount for a show of interest? If you're still interested please post here and let me know.

sullivanthedreadlord

Maybe I can play more of a Maleficent type character who comes to this town to perhaps change her story or find a place where she can just live her life with out all her past baggage. So she can use her magic to change her form so that hopefully no one knows who she is but she still can change into a dragon but at least she can control the size of the dragon.

My O/O Page

Crash

Dhampyress

Quote from: sullivanthedreadlord on February 07, 2018, 12:28:44 PM
Maybe I can play more of a Maleficent type character who comes to this town to perhaps change her story or find a place where she can just live her life with out all her past baggage. So she can use her magic to change her form so that hopefully no one knows who she is but she still can change into a dragon but at least she can control the size of the dragon.

I think that's certainly a fitting possibility. ^^ I'd love to read the concept in full.

sullivanthedreadlord

The only thing I'm not sure about but ill go ahead and read through the first post again is the use of magic. With some one like Maleficent who is an accomplished magic user as well some one who can transform into a black dragon. I figure that if I'm playing a character that is hiding in this town she wouldn't be using her magic every day or in front of any one. It would be something that she keeps on the downlow so that no one can even suspect who she really is.

My O/O Page

sullivanthedreadlord

Played By: Sullivanthedreadlord
Name: Maleficent
Alias/Nick name's: Mia Rosenberg
Age Apperance: True form- Late 40’s, disguised form Late 20s to mid 30s
Height: True form- 5’11”, Disguised form 5’7”
Ethnicity: European but with a Western American accent
Sexuality: Bi
Reputation: Mostly 'Ambivalent', but is trying to not draw too much attention to herself.
Affiliation: Unaffiliated
Bio:
After her ultimate battle with the prince and her supposed death at his hands she fled the lands of her birth. She wanted nothing to do with the fairy tale lands or their so-called heroes. She wanted nothing more than to find a place to call her own and to be left the hell alone. She searched high and low and finally she found a place where she could hide and make something of her life. Being an expert at magic that allowed her to alter her form she crafted a new for herself to take. It was upon her arrival to Fable shore that Mia Rosenberg was born.

Even with her magic she was not able to remove the scar on her chest from where the prince had stabbed her in dragon form. Though it was easy to hide with clothes. She arrived in town with very little to her name. She took some odd jobs here and there till she saved up enough money to buy her own little shop. She was always had a green thumb, so she was able to start up her own floral shop. With in a few years she was able to get a nice steady stream of customers that allowed her to finally stop taking the occasional odd job.
That being said, her one true goal was to keep to herself in the fact that she didn’t want others from her realm to even know who she used to be. It was hard at times to keep her anger in check at certain individuals but for the most part she had done enough to make it so that no one knew who she used to be.

With her life pretty much set for the most part there is always that worry that it will all come crashing down one day around her head. After being a so-called villain in other peoples stories she is still not sure that a happy every after is in her future. With that uncertainty looming over her head she cautiously looks to the future hoping that this new identity doesn’t slip, and she is once more forced back into her old way out a need to survive.

Distinguishing Features: A fully coloured black dragon tatoo on her lower back. A decent sized vertical scar that on her stomach that came from a magic sword that can not be hidden by magic. A constant reminder of how close she came to dying at the hands of those who call themselves a hero.

Special Qualities: Magic and the ability to shapeshift

-Magic- Having studied magic for many years she is an expert at casting spells as well as curses onto others. For the more simple spells it is rather easy to conjure. Like for example lighting something on fire, throwing a fireball or even shooting lightning from her fingers. She is mostly known for her fire spells. When it comes to curses that takes more time to pull forth. Most curses require a material component drawn from the intended victim or they have to eat a poisoned apple for instance. All magic comes at a price and she will grow tired from overusing her magic and become more vunerable.
Transformation. She has the ability to either disguise herself as someone else or to take the form of a black dragon. While she is transformed into other people she does not have access to her magic. She also doesn’t have access to her other magic while in dragon form either. She can only maintain one form at a time. Because of how well versed in this magic she can maintain form even when sleeping. It is only under certain conditions that will force her into her original form. She has to take a serious injury that puts her into critical condition before her magic falters and she reverts back to true form. Other than that, a spell more powerful than she can block will also force her back into her true form.
Staff of the Black Dragon- One of the legendary witch staffs, it is tied to her and her draconic powers. Not much is know about the origins of this staff but it has been with her since she was a young woman. It was through this staff that she awakened her abilities to turn into a black dragon. Since magical objects of this nature are tied to an individual rather than just a magic staff any one can use. It can only be used by its destined user. This staff acts as a magical focus for when she really needs to use magic of higher caliber or something that needs a bit more power. Her illusion powers are great but with the staff she can become a huge fire breathing black dragon that only a hero with a magic sword can hope to defeat. It was only through the use of this staff and its own magic that she survived her defeat at the hands of the Prince. She keeps this staff hidden away or at least she is able to transform it into something more simple looking. Even if it looks like a walking staff currently only she can tap into it. To every one else who holds it, it is  nothing more than a simple walking stick. 

Would you like to bring a small business and or/and an 'affiliation' into the game? [Y]

List name of business and affiliation, if any: The Queens Garden is a small town flower shop that sells all kind of rare and common flowers. It’s a two story building as she lives in the upstairs portion of the shop. That way she lives where she works and does not have to worry about paying for rent for two buildings. She wants her life to be as simple as possible.

(Note: She runs a small flower shop and is the sole owner and employee. Its hours of operation are Monday through Saturday. 10 AM to 5 PM and closed on Sundays. Its one of those buildings with first floor that is the business. The top floor is a living space. It has one master bedroom, one guest room. Two bathrooms, one is the master bathroom that is only connected to the master bedroom. The other bathroom is next to the guestbedroom. There is one room that is used for an office. One main room that is a split between a living room and a kitchen. A balcony that over looks the back yard that contains a garden for all of her flowers and other plants. In the back is a decent sized green house for planets that require more special care. Some plants are arranged out front. There is a large old fashion sign that says The Queens Garden out front.

My O/O Page

Kokaine

My O/Os

sullivanthedreadlord

My first thought was Regina but she doesn't turn into a cool dragon. Of course there's the wicked witch but in the end I picked my favorite which was Maleficent.

My O/O Page

BentonKjarn