News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shjade

Quote from: The Golden Touch on September 03, 2012, 03:15:05 PM
We should play pvp and get a team together. ;3 I know Sin and I would be down if we could fill all five spots.

I'd pvp in an ARAM team...but normals/ranked, not so much. ;p
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Panduhmoanium

I was on a tournament team back when CLG was still kind of unheard of in the League scene. We played against them in a CEVO tournament and our top went 0-10 in the first 8 minutes...

Ryven

Quote from: Panduhmoanium on September 03, 2012, 03:59:33 PM
I was on a tournament team back when CLG was still kind of unheard of in the League scene. We played against them in a CEVO tournament and our top went 0-10 in the first 8 minutes...

This is why I don't play ranked or tournament.  The most I'll do is normal PVP.

The Golden Touch

I play a decent AD carry (Caitlyn) and an alright support sona/Soraka as well as Morgana.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Ryven

Quote from: The Golden Touch on September 03, 2012, 04:21:38 PM
I play a decent AD carry (Caitlyn) and an alright support sona/Soraka as well as Morgana.

Decent?  You're better than decent with her.

Panduhmoanium

I'm more of a utility player, though I'm best with (in order) - AD, Jungle, Top, Support, Mid. I've been playing AD for the teams I've been on lately. 70% win ratio with ashe over 80 games for the win.

Ryven

I play what I think is fun.  Utility to the team is important to me, but I'll usually pick someone I will have fun with while doing it. :-)

The Golden Touch

Quote from: Ryven on September 03, 2012, 04:29:37 PM
Decent?  You're better than decent with her.

Okay, okay- pretty awesome but that is in bots not pvp.

Panduhmoanium

Ryven

The Golden Touch

Shjade

Nothing wrong with playing bots, but TGT is right to differentiate. I can easily go 30/0 against bots with Darius, but that doesn't make me an awesome Darius player. It just means bots are really, really easy to kill.
◕/◕'s

Ryven

Quote from: Shjade on September 03, 2012, 05:33:12 PM
Nothing wrong with playing bots, but TGT is right to differentiate. I can easily go 30/0 against bots with Darius, but that doesn't make me an awesome Darius player. It just means bots are really, really easy to kill.

There will be a difference, yes, but I'd like to think it also means she knows Caitlyn really fucking well too.  While it may not completely prepare you for real players, it gives you a pretty good grasp of how to use your champion and what items work best.

Shjade

That's not necessarily the case though, Ryven. It could be that she's a great Caitlyn, but to be honest, Caitlyn is extremely easy to use against bots since she ouranges almost all of them and bots retreat when they take damage about 80% of the time, meaning she can just harass them to death at no danger to herself forever. It is impossible to tell someone's skill with Caitlyn based on how well they kill bots with her.

Honestly, I think I'd be able to tell more about a player's performance with Caitlyn by how well she farms in the bot game. Most people get distracted from farming creeps because it's easy to farm kills on the bots instead, so if she ended a 20 minute bot game with 160+ creep score AND a good number of bot kills AND 0-2 deaths, that'd be a fair indicator of standard play potential. Anyone can just snipe bots all day; it doesn't signify anything other than Riot's champ AI being pretty weak on survival.

Edit: for reference regarding the seemingly arbitrary 160 cs in 20 minutes value I plugged in there, here's a chart on the maximum number of creeps you could get in a set period of time.
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

A grand majority of the players you run across are easier to kill and beat than intermediate bots.  Sadly you get stuck with that same lot so it looks like a bunch of retarded seals chasing each others tails.  And don't get me started on the ranked population of LoL... They are the grand majority of why I tend to just play bots.

Quote from: Shjade on September 03, 2012, 05:42:30 PM
That's not necessarily the case though, Ryven. It could be that she's a great Caitlyn, but to be honest, Caitlyn is extremely easy to use against bots since she ouranges almost all of them and bots retreat when they take damage about 80% of the time, meaning she can just harass them to death at no danger to herself forever. It is impossible to tell someone's skill with Caitlyn based on how well they kill bots with her.

Honestly, I think I'd be able to tell more about a player's performance with Caitlyn by how well she farms in the bot game. Most people get distracted from farming creeps because it's easy to farm kills on the bots instead, so if she ended a 20 minute bot game with 160+ creep score AND a good number of bot kills AND 0-2 deaths, that'd be a fair indicator of standard play potential. Anyone can just snipe bots all day; it doesn't signify anything other than Riot's champ AI being pretty weak on survival.

She farms over 100 creeps by the end of the game.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Shjade

100 creeps by the end of a 20 minute game? That's a little low (though better than 95% of players in bot games, who often end with something like 20 creeps because they were just chasing bots all game long).
◕/◕'s

The Golden Touch

My stats are usually 15+ (Highest was 32) bot kills, 150 - 250 (Got to 286 once- solo bot) minions, and the turret kills from my lane, usually mid lane and a few others because people slack off. And we rarely get to 20 minutes lately.

I think you also missed this:
Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on September 03, 2012, 05:44:06 PM
She farms over 100 creeps by the end of the game.

Ryven

Quote from: Shjade on September 03, 2012, 05:42:30 PM

Edit: for reference regarding the seemingly arbitrary 160 cs in 20 minutes value I plugged in there, here's a chart on the maximum number of creeps you could get in a set period of time.

What's your excuse for the rest of us then, namely me?  I've been playing almost exclusively bot games recently because I play the game for FUN.  That being said, I have owned real players too.  I'm willing to bet that if I take any of the champions I've been playing bot games with to a normal game, I have a greater chance of having a positive kill-death ratio than not.

Panduhmoanium

Quote from: Ryven on September 03, 2012, 05:27:03 PM
Really? :|

Yeah... Unfortunately I don't see much fun in bots. I don't use it unless there's a new champion out and I need to learn its mechanics before I take it into normal then ranked. I personally believe that it will hinder your ability to play against other players if that's all you do. I may be wrong, but, it's just my personal belief. Bots can't teach you how to farm under pressure, though it may allow you to understand how to last hit a little bit better. In all honesty I haven't played with them in over five or six months, so I don't know if they upped their AI at all since then, so I may just be talking out of my hind end.

Shjade

Quote from: The Golden Touch on September 03, 2012, 05:48:30 PM
My stats are usually 15+ (Highest was 32) bot kills, 150 - 250 (Got to 286 once- solo bot) minions, and the turret kills from my lane, usually mid lane and a few others because people slack off. And we rarely get to 20 minutes lately.

That sounds respectable.

I didn't miss anything. Generally speaking, when someone says "over value Y" and the response is "over value Y-50," it means that second value is higher than Y-50, but not higher than Y (otherwise why wouldn't he have just said you farm over 160 creeps like I'd said?).

I don't recall making excuses for or about anything, Ryven. I was pointing out that performance in a bot game is not equivalent to performance in a pvp game, which is simply true. You can do well with Crittlesticks in a bot game, that doesn't mean it will translate to pvp. It doesn't mean you're bad at pvp either; it just means that the one doesn't necessarily correlate to the other. I've played with people who do great in bot games and crumple in pvp and I've played with people who do great at both. It varies. I also play the game for fun, which is why I mostly play ARAM with a bot game a day for win of the day IP bonus. I also don't get mad or defensive about it and find such reactions confusing.
◕/◕'s

Ryven

Quote from: Shjade on September 03, 2012, 06:24:37 PM
That sounds respectable.

I didn't miss anything. Generally speaking, when someone says "over value Y" and the response is "over value Y-50," it means that second value is higher than Y-50, but not higher than Y (otherwise why wouldn't he have just said you farm over 160 creeps like I'd said?).

I don't recall making excuses for or about anything, Ryven. I was pointing out that performance in a bot game is not equivalent to performance in a pvp game, which is simply true. You can do well with Crittlesticks in a bot game, that doesn't mean it will translate to pvp. It doesn't mean you're bad at pvp either; it just means that the one doesn't necessarily correlate to the other. I've played with people who do great in bot games and crumple in pvp and I've played with people who do great at both. It varies. I also play the game for fun, which is why I mostly play ARAM with a bot game a day for win of the day IP bonus. I also don't get mad or defensive about it and find such reactions confusing.

If that last sentence was directed at me, I don't recall being either mad or defensive.  I'm simply trying to understand your point of view on the matter.  I don't agree that one doesn't necessarily correlate to the other, so we'll have to agree to disagree.

Panduhmoanium

Quote from: Ryven on September 03, 2012, 06:34:17 PM
If that last sentence was directed at me, I don't recall being either mad or defensive.  I'm simply trying to understand your point of view on the matter.  I don't agree that one doesn't necessarily correlate to the other, so we'll have to agree to disagree.

See! You're already getting defensive about being defensive! :P

The Golden Touch

Any time we spend making a team will be completely for fun and shouldn't be angry if we lose. It will happen, I have no doubt of that. We won't have to deal with people bad mouthing our skills, or lack there of except the other team. Because LoL is serious business, dontcha know?

I will stress that anyone that plays with me, Sin, or Ry (Yes, I include you) should understand we are doing it Only for fun and to learn. People that care about their stats and rank need not apply. ;3

Panduhmoanium

Only thing I care about is winning. I don't normally yell at someone unless they do something so stupid I deem it necessary. I don't care much about stats even in ranked, all I care about is that +11-13 at the end of the game. If I ever get mad I just turn my computer off and go kill people in GTA4...

Ryven

Quote from: The Golden Touch on September 03, 2012, 07:28:53 PM
Any time we spend making a team will be completely for fun and shouldn't be angry if we lose. It will happen, I have no doubt of that. We won't have to deal with people bad mouthing our skills, or lack there of except the other team. Because LoL is serious business, dontcha know?

I will stress that anyone that plays with me, Sin, or Ry (Yes, I include you) should understand we are doing it Only for fun and to learn. People that care about their stats and rank need not apply. ;3

Dawww!  I feel special. :3

Quote from: Panduhmoanium on September 03, 2012, 07:38:56 PM
Only thing I care about is winning. I don't normally yell at someone unless they do something so stupid I deem it necessary. I don't care much about stats even in ranked, all I care about is that +11-13 at the end of the game. If I ever get mad I just turn my computer off and go kill people in GTA4...

It's a game.  No game requires yelling unless yelling is in the rules of the game.  Also, there's more to the game than winning.