DnD 3.5 Ed anyone?

Started by CWand, October 15, 2009, 06:39:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CWand

I came up with the idea of a modified variation of the quest for glory series of computer games recently and I thought it might make an interesting Dnd campaign.  After discussing the idea with a friend, who has expressed interest, I'm asking if anyone else would like to join a small party of up to 6 members, preferably evenly distributed sex or with a slight male preference on the sex distribution.  I'd like a Wizard, a rogue, a fighter type, a cleric or druid, and the 5th and 6th party members may choose their own but if one choose a paladin...that'd be very nice. 

The game would start at Effective Class level 1, 5d6 dice method, anyone with questions please PM me or post a reply here.
If the universe is infinite, and there are an infinite number of universes that could exist, there must be by definition of the world infinite, an infinite number of worlds, and possibilities out there, and somewhere our lives played out with no regrets, fears, or discomfort.  If only that worked in practice....

Ons and Offs

Doomsday

I'm the friend! I think :D

I've got two directions, and I'll decide which one I'll go with as the group gets bigger. Either a dashing rogue male or a fierce swordswoman.

Kate

i would adore to go a sorcerer.

Is there any chance that the starting level could be more like 3-5 ?

CWand

Sorry Kate, level 1 only :)
If the universe is infinite, and there are an infinite number of universes that could exist, there must be by definition of the world infinite, an infinite number of worlds, and possibilities out there, and somewhere our lives played out with no regrets, fears, or discomfort.  If only that worked in practice....

Ons and Offs

kckolbe

I am interested, unlikely to play a druid though.  Like Doomsday, I can wait to decide until the group gets together.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Ace86

Im game, and unlike everyone else here i could say that i would like to be the fighter.

I have no idea what quest for glory is but i have been playing DnD for almost 8 years now so i won't have difficulties with the system.

kckolbe

Doomsday mentioned a fighter idea as well, and I pretty much said I was open to everything but druid.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Doomsday

I've been talking to CWand over YIM and I'm committed to a Rogue male now. So fighter is well open :-)

thebobmaster

I might be interested in playing either a cleric or a wizard. Are there any online DnD guidebook sources to help me make my character?
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

Chloe Milev

This http://www.d20srd.org/ has all the basic (and some advanced/alternate) core rules, classes, etc.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Doomsday

If you are interested in orrentingtay the ooksbay you can PM me too. /pirating

thebobmaster

Found a character sheet generator if anyone needs it: http://dnd3rd.sourceforge.net/

Doomsday

Thanks for the generator bob!

thebobmaster

Quote from: Doomsday Jesus on October 15, 2009, 11:42:14 AM
Thanks for the generator bob!

No problem. Now to decide whether I want a cleric or wizard...

Edit: I think I'll be a female cleric, if no one objects

Doomsday

No problem here, I enjoy crossgender roleplaying.

thebobmaster

Quote from: Doomsday Jesus on October 15, 2009, 12:25:45 PM
No problem here, I enjoy crossgender roleplaying.

I was worried more about the cleric part. Don't want to irritate someone who seriously wants to be a cleric. Especially since I could try out being a paladin, though having never done that, it's a scary thought.

Krysia

TheVillain

I'll do the paladin, they may stink mechanically but RP-wise they are effin' awesome. What's the pantheon? Home-brew?
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

CWand

I may allow a bard as one of the 2 extras :) I am waiting to see how much interest i get by tonight before I even consider selecting players though :)

Ons and Offs

Krysia

xD You need a bard for the buffs! :) Just joking. Hope finding players/starting the game goes well! If you need any help feel free to ask. I own all the 3.5 books hardback and pdf. I'm also a sanctioned wizards of the coast judge for 3.5. :)

CWand

Ons and Offs

Katina Tarask

May I fill the Fighter slot with a Warblade instead?  'Cuz core Fighters really get the shaft as levels go up.

CWand

Possibly :) later this evening assuming i have an applicant for each position I'll be having some friends help me go over the pro and cons of each applicant :) and select my 6 :)

Ons and Offs

thebobmaster

Quote from: CWand on October 15, 2009, 05:15:41 PM
Possibly :) later this evening assuming i have an applicant for each position I'll be having some friends help me go over the pro and cons of each applicant :) and select my 6 :)

How much money can we spend on equipment?

CWand

Ons and Offs

thebobmaster

Katina Tarask

Do you want us to roll that out, or just take the average?

And would you allow a point buy option?  I despise rolling for stats.

CWand

I prefer rolling but I supose you could do point buy if you insist :) I don't mind.

Ons and Offs

Krysia

Do you have a thread for character submissions?

CWand

I've beeen taking them in PM :) not that there are many yet.

Ons and Offs

Krysia

CWand

one last question for everyone whats the level you want it on? NC? BDSM? Light?

Ons and Offs

thebobmaster

Can't really see NC working in the universe...maaaaaaaaaaaaybe BDSM, but I'd put my vote on Light.

PhantomPistoleer

I'm the comedic relief!  Yes, I get to play a wizard.  Ah, keep me alive, meatbags.  o_o
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Kate

Want another level 1 fighter ?

:)

PhantomPistoleer

I seriously, seriously hope we start in a village.  I would like to start the campaign as a young man that gets caught by the husband of the woman he's bedding (or bedded), and he has to put on his traveler's outfit while he's getting chased out, all the while arguing with the woman about the semantics of the meaning of "I am married."
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Dani

I'd like to play the Druid, if that's alright.

TheVillain

I can see NC if a villain does it, but only if that's rare- few- and far between. And if you want the rapist to be dead meat pretty quick. There is a paladin in the party after all, hopefully.
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Kate

ok all two things stump me

5d6 is that roll 5 dice and ingore the lowest two values ... or add them all up so you can get a state of 30 ?

Also what IS the standard starting gold for level 1 characters of different classes?

Teno

Ooh, 3.5 AND low level? I'll join if you still need someone :D

5d6 would be dropping the lower 2 I'd have thought, unless CWand wanted more powerful characters. starting gold is between 50-150gp depending on class for a lvl 1 in the phb so again unless CWand wants the game to start off with a few extras, i'd assume that was going to be what you start with :)

Kate

so what is it for a fighter ?

starting cash ?

CWand

wow if i accept the other people that have applied i almost have enough for 2 groups...

Not sure :) I guess I could take the fighter and druid characters and see if i can work em in :) it'd help with how long the game is and it'd slow down the exp enough it may not hurt us :P

Ons and Offs

CWand

dead on Teno :) phb standard money, and 5d6 drop the two lowest for stats :) if you get more then 1 stat below 10 you can reroll 1 :)

Ons and Offs

CWand

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=50145.new#new

there we can put our sheets there for all to see....I'm approved 3 sheets so far.

Ons and Offs

TheVillain

CWand

you can use the dice here on the site dicebot

Ons and Offs

CWand

I might have to reconsider i'm not sure....10 is an awful lot of people...

Ons and Offs

Katina Tarask

Do we have to worry about the standard mundane gear (backpack, bedroll, rations, etc.), or can we just handwave that?

And folks, my character has a good Craft: Smithing skill, so if y'all want half off metal goods, I can hook you up (and pocket the other sixth as I craft the stuff at a third of normal cost).  Just gotta get our characters together in history somewhere.

CWand

you can handwave that stuff :)

Ons and Offs

TheVillain

On my sheet I just put "Standard Adventurer's Kit". 15 GP, 5 pounds, And I'm just going to assume I have bedroll, backpack, waterskin, cheap rope, torches, etc.

Primarch

If there's a slot open I'd love to join, would a Samurai class from the Quintessential Samurai be allowed? Also, can we take templates that add a level adjustment modifier and go classless for a few levels? (Planning a Grey Elf/Half Nymph Samurai)

CWand

Ons and Offs

PhantomPistoleer

I would say that we have roughly 4 characters too many. :o

At any rate, I have to modify my wizard slightly.  I will get back to you on this, being that I typically am non-communicative during the weekend-- but I will focus more on being a conjurer. :o
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

CWand

indeed we do it'd stretch my limit to far i think i can handle 6 :(

Ons and Offs

Katina Tarask

So, is the plan two groups, or competitive applications?

CWand

I'm gonna try for 2 and hope for the best :(

Ons and Offs

Cythieus

I'd love to get in on this if there is room!

PhantomPistoleer

CWAND, we should open up a character OOC thread and a thread where we post our characters.

BTW, please place me in the same group as Dani.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Cythieus

Wow this is looking a little crowded.

Katina Tarask

So far, I believe we have ten people expressing interest in a six-person campaign.  You make eleven, Odin.

Cythieus

Man that's far too many and I would offer to help, but it would really depend on the posting rate everyone expects. I just kind of wanted a level 1 game to play in and use my old character.

Kate

I was about to submit a sexuall agressive fighter gal...

but I might pass because there are already many players that have expressed an interest already.

(and i like playing overtly sexually agressive characters which may not suit the style)

These does mean though that if any want to be the storyteller for another game -
then automatically they would know they would have players ! 

Krysia

I'd be willing to run the second group as long as people don't have an issue with Greyhawk. >.>

Kate

I don't mind the setting at all - I would be part of any who share my list of o and o's.

Cythieus

Quote from: Krysia on October 17, 2009, 01:07:23 AM
I'd be willing to run the second group as long as people don't have an issue with Greyhawk. >.>

I actually PMed her offering to too. I would like to see everyone get to play.

Kate

well I think I am cruder than most - so I will put my hand up for any willing to be part of ones where everyone is expecting so up front.. likely exotic for me.

Cythieus

Quote from: Kate on October 17, 2009, 01:50:57 AM
well I think I am cruder than most - so I will put my hand up for any willing to be part of ones where everyone is expecting so up front.. likely exotic for me.

You're not that bad.

Kate

oh odin by girl standards i am :)

Cythieus

Quote from: Kate on October 17, 2009, 03:33:46 AM
oh odin by girl standards i am :)

I guess in my case its yet to be seen.

CWand

actually the character thread is open :) OOC hasn't started :) If you want I can put up a OOC thread in a few though.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=50145.new#new

PS I've gotten like 6 sheets so far but I haven't posted them all. most are links to other sites that the players SAID they'd post themselves  Such as Mythweavers

Ons and Offs

CWand

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=50216.new#new

OOC thread where we will discus assignment.  2 people HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED A GROUP

the rest of you, I am up for debate on.

Ons and Offs

PhantomPistoleer

I have been thinking this over, and I think I am going to bow out.  There are just too many people, and D&D shouldn't be treated like a Mexican minivan.  I also think that GMing a game is a huge responsibility, and there being two..?  At any rate, good luck with the campaign.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

CWand

Okay I'd like a rollcall of who's still with us :)

I know Odin, Krysia, Jesus, themasterbob, Kitina and The Villian.  who else?

Ons and Offs

Primarch

I'd still be interested if room has become available.

Katina Tarask

Well, it's not exactly a space issue; the stated intent is to split the party in two.

CWand

I'm hesitant with your character proposal primarch due to the half fey template, I was hoping to keep savage species out of the game as much as i could. 

Although we could use a wizard or something along those lines at this point :(

Ons and Offs

Primarch

I wasn't really expecting the Half-Nymph template to fly, but thought it would be worth throwing out there XD Can't get if you don't ask right?

Although I'd still rather play a Samurai, which would later multi-class a as a wizard, more so then a straight out wizard.

Katina Tarask

A character can be a samurai without taking the Samurai class, no problem.  And there are plenty of mages out there besides Wizard (Warlock, Warmage, Sorcerer, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Psion, Wu Jen, and more).  We have something of a glut of melee types, which is starting to worry me simply on the grounds of how badass Benny is in comparison to most.

Teno

As long as you don't mind no knowledge of greyhawk, I wouldn't mind either setting. But if there are too many, I can accept that I won't get a place. Once you give me a green light, I'll get a character rolled up (probably be a rogue as there's gonna be two groups) and pmed to either one of you.

CWand

at most I'm accepting 1 more person, and I'm waiting on sheets from alot of people... not sure if some are still game or not?

Ons and Offs

Teno

I would love to play a low level game, so if you want me, I can make a sheet for you tomorrow :) (almost midnight here and getting le tired)

Kate

wow cwand your swamped with interest

GrinningHound

I'd like to play if you aren't full.

How many people have actually submitted a character so far?

CWand

6 completed sheets, even though i'm holding out for a few .... I'd prefer not to accept anyone else until i know who is and isn't still in the game.

Ons and Offs

Kate

People have rl issues that change posting rates frequently, I think just start and those that post often find those grouped with those posing at simular rates.

Primarch

Would the Warlock Tomes series variant be a more acceptable character type?

CWand

actually a friend of mine is making a warlock so the limitations on class are lifted in many ways right now prim.  I like the traditional warlock better but as long as its verified balanced i don't mind how you make your characters

Ons and Offs

Primarch

In that case would a Gray Elf Samurai (from the Quintessential Samurai) be alright? I can have a character sheet sent in quite soon I'd imagine.

CWand

Ons and Offs

Cythieus

Aren't we already full up?

Katina Tarask

We would be if we actually had as many people as expressed interest, but many of those may have vanished, which means a great deal of space.

Cythieus

Quote from: Katina Tarask on October 20, 2009, 09:27:14 PM
We would be if we actually had as many people as expressed interest, but many of those may have vanished, which means a great deal of space.

Does this mean one big happy party?

PhantomPistoleer

Now I feel stupid about leaving!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Katina Tarask

Cythieus

How many people are actually confirmed and have sheets in?

CWand

9 maybe 10 if i'm overlooking one.

Ons and Offs

Dani

:: apologizes profusely.::

I am a terrible person, but I am here now.

Ptolemy

10 might be a bit too much, no? Except if you're running a large group.... If you are running one, do you have room for one more?

Katina Tarask

Actually, the group's being split.  Whether or not there's room, however, I do not know.

CWand

Technically the deadline's passed, but if Dani finishes her character, since it is the one role for group 2 that is missing, a divine caster.  I might let her slip by under the line but it has to be finished and submitted TODAY.  the game has started, no new applicants will be permitted.  The only two reasons I'm extending this offer to Dani is because she applied as a divine caster, and she made me aware of a situation that may have effected her ability to submit a application a few days ago.

Ons and Offs