News:

Main Menu

Walking Dead

Started by Kaizen, November 06, 2010, 04:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Quote from: Ryven on November 13, 2010, 05:41:15 PM
It's only up to episode 2.  I'm sure someone is going to get eaten at some point.
I can hold out, and don't get me wrong. I like the character relation. When the guy left the racist on the roof because he didn't want to get left behind and not because of some moral or revenge issue. That was real, it was awesome.

I don't want to see the hero's wife banging his best bud in the backwoods... and I'm straight. I just don't want to see it. XD

Seriously, maybe they should make it less character focused because I haven't seen one mention of any of the characters actual names in this thread. Hint, hint.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Kaizen

Rick is the main character's names, I couldn't tell you anyone else's though.

midnight diamond

It's only two episodes in...there's hardly been time to learn the characters' names yet. :P

Ryven

Rick, blond survivor, white supremacist survivor, young Asian survivor, black survivor...that's all I know them as right now :(

MasterMischief

Quote from: Inkidu on November 13, 2010, 05:45:21 PM
Seriously, maybe they should make it less character focused...

You mean make it more like every other Hollywood production these days?

Star Safyre

One of the things The Road taught me is that names are a luxury.
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

Kaizen

Quote from: Ryven on November 14, 2010, 08:13:30 AM
Rick, blond survivor, white supremacist survivor, young Asian survivor, black survivor...that's all I know them as right now :(

Funny how ethnically diverse the survivors are...

According to the US census records I found, Atlanta's population is over 60% Black.   Shouldn't most of the survivors be black, and the zombies too? 

Ryven

Quote from: Kaizen on November 14, 2010, 10:52:47 AM
Funny how ethnically diverse the survivors are...

According to the US census records I found, Atlanta's population is over 60% Black.   Shouldn't most of the survivors be black, and the zombies too?

That would depend on how many people were able to make it out and how many people made it in to the 'Emergency Shelter' that was set up.  Given the packed highway going out of Atlanta, the population would probably have shifted a bit.

Kaizen

I'm a little disappointed at the latest episode... a ton of character development and story, but nowhere near enough zombies.  The end was neat.  I didn't think the guy would cut his hand off, that was a surprise.  I would have cut the rusted old bolt that he was cuffed to, no problem for a hacksaw.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Kaizen on November 15, 2010, 01:37:00 PM
I'm a little disappointed at the latest episode... a ton of character development and story, but nowhere near enough zombies.  The end was neat.  I didn't think the guy would cut his hand off, that was a surprise.  I would have cut the rusted old bolt that he was cuffed to, no problem for a hacksaw.

Defininitely. Of course having a bunch of zombies screaming at you might make you panic.

Inkidu

Man I don't think I'm going to be watching this series much longer if it doesn't shape up. Rick's wife is an idiot. His friend is an idiot. That whole camp is bollocks. I haven't seen one wall. It's good and on the high ground but come on, you know zombies are coming. Otherwise, it just moves so slowly. There's a reason they only make zombie movies I guess.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inkidu on November 15, 2010, 02:56:13 PM
Man I don't think I'm going to be watching this series much longer if it doesn't shape up. Rick's wife is an idiot. His friend is an idiot. That whole camp is bollocks. I haven't seen one wall. It's good and on the high ground but come on, you know zombies are coming. Otherwise, it just moves so slowly. There's a reason they only make zombie movies I guess.

I'm sure things will be picking up. Where one walker goes.. many will follow. I'm sure driving a car with an alarm all the way up into the mountains will drag the city walkers out and in that direction.

Inkidu

It probably wouldn't actually because. A.) They probably wouldn't know what direction by sound. B.) He was driving fast. Really fast. They're not going to catch up and lose interest.

Seriously though, I'm mad that they did a total buyback on the racist. Leaving him on the roof out of fear and leaving him to die. Awesome, good writing. Having a bleeding heart go back and try a rescue. Cliche and lame, despite the coolness of the hand cutting off thing (it's jut not cool enough, kind of predictable).

Star Safyre

Quote from: Star Sapphire on November 07, 2010, 12:29:44 PM

Actually, I feel sympathetic toward the partner.

Quote"You told me he was dead."

I'd like to retract my previous statement.  He takes 3rd place ribbon for douchebaggary behind the racist and the wife beater.
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

Inkidu

Quote from: Star Sapphire on November 15, 2010, 05:09:57 PM
I'd like to retract my previous statement.  He takes 3rd place ribbon for douchebaggary behind the racist and the wife beater.
Actually she's an idiot. Clue for you lady. We left him in a hospital, there are zombies everywhere. I assumed he was dead. People not in comas are having a hard time surviving. Duh!

I seriously doubt that he did it just to get in her pants. Though, there is an inordinate amount of ugly bumping in this series. Yeah, zombies kind of kill my boner.

"Where will you be when the zombies rise?"
"Getting my freak on."

For the love of God.

midnight diamond

Quote from: Inkidu on November 16, 2010, 08:22:56 PM
"Where will you be when the zombies rise?"
"Getting my freak on."

For the love of God.

*gigglefits*

I'm not sure how much credence I should give to the wife. I'm assuming that his friend told her her husband was dead when they were in the process of fleeing the town and the hospital was being overrun, so she may not have had time to see it for herself. If it comes out that he knew the guy was still alive (that hasn't been established yet) then yeah. Major douchebagery going on. But it's also possible that he didn't know for sure, just assumed he was because of how bad it was getting.

Everything is so conflicted. There are a lot of loose ends, some of which should be starting to get cleaned up soon, considering there are only three episodes left. I don't think he should have gone back for the racist guy, though.

Ryven

Quote from: midnight diamond on November 16, 2010, 11:28:34 PM
*gigglefits*

I'm not sure how much credence I should give to the wife. I'm assuming that his friend told her her husband was dead when they were in the process of fleeing the town and the hospital was being overrun, so she may not have had time to see it for herself. If it comes out that he knew the guy was still alive (that hasn't been established yet) then yeah. Major douchebagery going on. But it's also possible that he didn't know for sure, just assumed he was because of how bad it was getting.

Everything is so conflicted. There are a lot of loose ends, some of which should be starting to get cleaned up soon, considering there are only three episodes left. I don't think he should have gone back for the racist guy, though.

Not necessarily.  They've been signed for a second season,so they could hold over some loose ends until then.

Callie Del Noire

They were signed for a second season BEFORE the pilot aired. That told me that AMC is looking to make it part of their line up. Looks to be fairly well backed by the guys at the network. I like Breaking Bad and the Village, not so much into about Mad Men but a lot of my buddies like it. I like Rubicon but still playing catch up. :D

MasterMischief

I am still enjoying it.  I have to disagree with you, Kaizen.  I am tired of mind numbing action without any character development.  Of course, I was a Caprica fan too, so I am obviously not a target demographic.

I have not decided on the partner yet.  I think the biggest tell is that he was obviously not happy to see his friend alive.  Until then, it was possible he simply did not think his partner in a coma could have survived the zombie apocalypse and thought saving his partner's family a higher priority then going back to check.  Also, if they had both come clean immediately, I would be more inclined to forgive.

Neither of them waited for his body to get cold before they were getting it on, so I am leaning toward them both being rather selfish.

Going back for the racist is a poor tactical decision even considering the guns.  Still, following a survival guide makes for a poor story (any gamists paying attention?).

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: MasterMischief on November 17, 2010, 07:18:55 PM
I am still enjoying it.  I have to disagree with you, Kaizen.  I am tired of mind numbing action without any character development.  Of course, I was a Caprica fan too, so I am obviously not a target demographic.

I have not decided on the partner yet.  I think the biggest tell is that he was obviously not happy to see his friend alive.  Until then, it was possible he simply did not think his partner in a coma could have survived the zombie apocalypse and thought saving his partner's family a higher priority then going back to check.  Also, if they had both come clean immediately, I would be more inclined to forgive.

Neither of them waited for his body to get cold before they were getting it on, so I am leaning toward them both being rather selfish.

Going back for the racist is a poor tactical decision even considering the guns.  Still, following a survival guide makes for a poor story (any gamists paying attention?).

What's wrong with Caprica? I like it a lot. Of course I'm all about the virtual world bit. :D

MasterMischief

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: MasterMischief on November 17, 2010, 08:32:18 PM
Character development.

I think it would have gone a bit more interesting if they had kept the bit where the bomber had an avatar as well (that was in the mini-series dvd)

And killing off 'Spike' took a lot of the factionalism out of the monotheists

Kaizen

YES!!

The fourth episode did not disappoint. 

Inkidu

I didn't even remember that the fourth episode was coming on. Not a good sign for what I think about this show, or my continued viewing. Which is sad, because I really love anything zombie. You could make Zombie Kirby and I'd play it. The only reason I didn't buy L4D 2 was because of its multiplayer focus.

ZK

On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."