You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

January 17, 2019, 11:36:53 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: The Best of Blydad  (Read 7702 times)

Online Kye

Re: The Best of Blydad
« Reply #300 on: January 09, 2019, 05:26:10 PM »
Salty Blydad is fantastic. <3

Offline BlyTopic starter

« Reply #301 on: January 09, 2019, 05:27:25 PM »
One reason he asks me to type his e-mails for him now is (well, other than the fact he cannot type without severe difficulty--he is missing his index finger and thumb on his right hand, among his other troubles) is that the last time he sent an e-mail on his own, he was really nice but got too caught up in puns and then forgot to actually ask the rep the question he had. Because he was too busy putting in puns. >_>
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 05:28:57 PM by Blythe »

Offline CrownedSun

« Reply #302 on: January 09, 2019, 05:29:55 PM »
One reason he asks me to type his e-mails for him now is (well, other than the fact he cannot type without severe difficulty--he is missing his index finger and thumb on his right hand, among his other troubles) is that the last time he sent an e-mail on his own, he was really nice but got too caught up in puns and then forgot to actually ask the rep the question he had. Because he was too busy putting in puns. >_>

Hehe, sounds reasonable to me.

...honestly, as someone that probably needs to yell at customer support some soon, I feel great sympathy for his position.

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 16/17 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #303 on: January 09, 2019, 05:45:27 PM »
Bly, you need one of those Medieval insult lists.

Online Remiel

« Reply #304 on: January 09, 2019, 05:49:42 PM »
That does sound like something from a Monty Python sketch.

"I'm going to pun at you until you go away!"

"No! Not the puns!"  *Cringe*

Offline Mirrah

« Reply #305 on: January 09, 2019, 05:51:50 PM »
XD

Blydad quotes brighten my day. <3

Offline RedPhoenix

« Reply #306 on: January 09, 2019, 06:25:50 PM »
Having been a Customer Service rep, I honestly would've enjoyed seeing the puns. Even though they are meant in anger, I would've enjoyed them besides. Hahaha, "Pun at them so they know my rage!" I think this has to be a T-shirt

Yeah, I must agree. If you want to convey actual displeasure, puns are not the way.

Offline BlyTopic starter

« Reply #307 on: January 09, 2019, 06:33:25 PM »
The one time he wrote a genuinely rude e-mail he felt so horrendously bad he deleted it and never sent it. (He can't abide hurting people's feelings, it really upsets him to) Like he gets very rawr but it's not in him to write mean e-mails. ^^;

One of these days I'll have to actually type up one of his nice pun e-mails and send it when he wants me to, though <_<

Online Remiel

« Reply #308 on: January 09, 2019, 06:41:30 PM »
The one time he wrote a genuinely rude e-mail he felt so horrendously bad he deleted it and never sent it. (He can't abide hurting people's feelings, it really upsets him to) Like he gets very rawr but it's not in him to write mean e-mails. ^^;

One of these days I'll have to actually type up one of his nice pun e-mails and send it when he wants me to, though <_<

There's an art form to genteel insultery.  Probably my favorite Southern colloquialism is "bless your heart."  It's a phrase that is wholly dependent on the context but is generally understood to mean anything from a friendly, if slightly patronizing, tease, to "you're a mouth-breathing moron"-- only not in so many words.

Example: "The mailman left my package out in the rain again, bless his heart."

Online Nowherewoman

• Ears for Years. The Evil En. Neck nibbler. Full Metal Flirt.
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Third star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #309 on: January 09, 2019, 06:47:14 PM »
LOL that's the parenthetical Blessing, right?  "Bless your heart (you little shit)".

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 16/17 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #310 on: January 09, 2019, 07:12:22 PM »
A true Southern lady can consign you to Perdition without you even realizing you have been issued a ticked, bless your little heart! :-)