News:

Main Menu

A New Day

Started by ShrowdedPoet, January 02, 2010, 09:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShrowdedPoet

Counting Crows - A Long December Official

What a long month.  What a long year.  So many things have happened in a decade.  Looking back is hard.  While everyone else makes New Year resolutions I just look back.  I do not make resolutions because I always find myself breaking them immediately and feeling like such a looser.  Just one more reason to get down on myself, so I stopped that long ago.  Now I just look back and learn from all the things that have happened over the years.  It's hard to realize that you are not the person you had hoped you would be.  Reliving the hard moments and knowing that you fucked up.  I have a strange way of remembering.  I can see vivid images in my head flicking by like a slide show.  You see yourself in a different light, from a different angle.  It's like a slap in the face.  But it's good for me to see the reality of everything, no matter how much it hurts. 

Then, after taking a ride through my memories I look on into the first light of a new year, a new day, another chance to dance the dance. 

Straylight Run - "Existentialism on Prom Night" Victory Records
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs