News:

Main Menu

Can anyone help?

Started by Purple, June 05, 2006, 03:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple

In college I had a roommate who lent me a trilogy of books to read.  (I'm pretty sure it was a trilogy...it was ten long years ago though so I could be mistaken.)  I enjoyed it but then I married my uptight husband so I never bought the books for myself.  Now that I'm coming out of my shell I would like to reread them as they were my first real introduction to a lot of the stuff we see here on E.  I have no idea the name(s) or the author, or even any specifics so this might be difficult.  If any of you book lovers like me out there could help me figure this out I would appreciate it.

Basically what I remember is this: A princess of some sort is sent away to another kingdom of sorts to learn all about sex.  She is taught D&S, wears nipple chains, is tied up, whipped, the whole bit.  There is M/F, F/F, M/M.  At the end of the trilogy she goes home and a suitor comes to ask for her hand, I believe.  She teaches him a 'lesson' and then sends him to this other kingdom where she had learned the 'tricks of the trade.'

Is this enough for anyone to help me?
There's something very sexy about being submissive. Because your guard is down, you have to totally surrender to something like that. --Eva Longoria

Arander

It sounds a lot like the series of books written by Ann Rice. The "Sleeping Beauty" Trilogy I think it was. Quite an interesting read I must admit. Very well written and a good read for anyone who enjoys D/s and a bit of BDSM.
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

On's & Off's

Nothing

Yeah, thats what I think, too...the Sleeping Beauty Trilogy
I actually run a game on here based on those books, if you'd like to join...
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=189.0

Purple

I've recently read the first in that series but it's not the same one though it is strikingly similar.  Thanks for the help.  :)
There's something very sexy about being submissive. Because your guard is down, you have to totally surrender to something like that. --Eva Longoria

Eloquent Surreal

It is the trilogy of Sleeping Beauty. They were written by Anne Rice under the name A.N. Roquelaure. The titles are The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty, Beauty's Punishment and Beauty's Release.
Those who restrain desire, do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained