D&D 3.5: Happy Feet, Sticky Fingers

Started by RubySlippers, August 03, 2007, 06:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

Yes this is a D&D 3.5 game set in Waterdeep to start with a group of halflings and gnomes, must take rogue to some degree and be multiclassed, starting at Level 2. The game will be about the adventures of an all small race adventuring party even dwarves are kind of big seeking fame, fortune, infamy or fame whatever.

Rules Core, Campaign Setting materials. Stats 32 point buy. Hit points maximum at Level 1 then can choose to roll OR take the average but that is chosen and cannot be changed for all levels over 1. I strongly suggest take Rogue as your first class so you get all the skill points.

Now I need a few players for this and a decent choice of multiclass options to fill in the other aspects of the game cleric, arcane magic worker (wizard, sorceror), fighter, bard would be a nice mix. Rogues are covered but you might want to lean as characters to certain skills. I would like 4 or 5 players.

Anyone interested let me know?

Far eyes

Clarification please as I would be interested.

Can the different kinds of Gnomes / rogues be taken?

Do we all have to take Rogue lvl 1 as I kind of don’t like multicasting my casters; I would like maybe play a sorcerer. Also any house rules on Sorcerers as they are one of the most house ruled classes
What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

What he means: "I like lesbians".
A/A
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180557.0

RubySlippers

Well all must at least dabble in rogue. Gnomes will be your standard Gnomes from the FR Campaign setting. The whole idea is they are sneaky adventurers and ones that can work together.  As in sneak around and be well quiet. Now I don't care if you have 1 level of rogue per 5 levels of another class just that it be some area of focus. Thnk a professional adventuring band of sneak little bastards you don't have to be all that focused on it but you should be quiet and sneaky enough and perceptive. I do let back stab be used with ranged spells that require attack rolls. Of course the regular rules apply so unless you take an Wizard/Illusionist your going to have to lean pretty much to both classes.

Far eyes

Scratch that, would you allow something out of Races of Stone if I sent you the write up, I just got inspired
What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

What he means: "I like lesbians".
A/A
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180557.0

RubySlippers

Well the game does favor halflings, gnomes are likely to be more for flavor having one. Since rogue is a race class its not counted for multiclassing rules.

RubySlippers

I had a request for material outside the Core PHB and FR Campaign Setting to be clear that is not ok folks. I don't have access to other rules so won't allow anything outside these sources.

Tom

I'd love playing in this game. How about reserving a slot for me? I'd like to play either a:

1. Halfing rogue with an emphasis on combat, muliticlassing with either fighter, barbarian or ranger.
2. Kobold rogue dabbling in magic, multiclassing with sorcerer.

I can have a character done by monday.

RubySlippers

Halflings in the main or maybe a gnome or two for flavor. Kobolds are not a core race or one fromt he FR Campaign Setting Core Book. Halflings are likely going to be the main race since rogue is the race class. But you can be any sort of Faerunian Halfling (Ghostwise would be really having to have a good story though to get one).

Sources allowed:
Players Handbook I
Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting
Magic of Faerune'
Diety Sourcebook for Faerune' (the one with details of all the dieties)

Ok is that all clear now? Not anything else, no prestige classes outside these sources are even considered and no races and strange materials that I cannot access. No exceptions.

Muse

*Waves*  Depite being burned on D&D, this concept does intrest me.  I won't be home 'til Tuesday night.  and then I'll have stuff to catch up on, but I'll put apllying on my list for then. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Tom

RubySlippers

No characters have been request. Since I have only two players that seem interested and will like ,well kind of need, four I may move this to rpol where I can get more. It was not going to be adult in any case.

Lanzlo

Count a third person  for interest. If you do move to RPOL, please let me know.

Another question... you said you would like a multiclass. Can I take pure rogue, or do I have to multiclass?

Arander

This could be kind of fun I think. Give me a day or two to work out a character and I'll see if I can send something your way.
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

On's & Off's