News:

Main Menu

Video Game News

Started by Skynet, December 05, 2015, 06:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skynet

Valve is banning gambling sites from using items from games they sell on their stores.

Semi-related, Warner Bros got hammered by the FTC when they paid several prominent YouTubers to give positive reviews for Shadows of Mordor without adequately disclosing said arrangement to viewers.

Regarding PewDiePie, he did put a disclaimer in the description section of his YouTube video, but such disclaimers will not appear when said YouTube video is put on Twitter, Facebook, and other social media websites.

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Skynet

Quote from: Oniya on July 14, 2016, 12:55:21 PM
I wonder if this is in reaction to the Counterstrike: Lotto thing that just blew up this month.

I'm definitely sure about this. h3h3's takedown of the whole thing managed to reach major news websites; a lot of scrutiny was going to go Valve's way as well as Tmartn and the other YouTube owner of the lotto.

Oniya

(Added link to my earlier post so people know what I was talking about.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

TotesRider

Lesbian Soul Eater aka Valkyrie Drive is coming westward this september

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/07/14/valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni-release-north-america-europe-september-16-2016/

TotesRider

New King of Fighters 14 trailer. This time featuring Team South Town (Billy Kane, Heine and Geese)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riv38qJteXI

Markus

Any Deus Ex fans here? I'm looking forward to the latest game in the series, Mankind Divided releasing in August.

мαякυs's αωσℓ ησтιcε

ᴀɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴅᴏᴇs ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡʙᴏʀɴ ɢᴏ ғʀᴏᴍ ʜᴇʀᴇ? ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴛ ɪs ᴠᴀsᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ɪɴғɪɴɪᴛᴇ.

Skynet

In the offices of Konami Headquarters...

Shareholder: "Oh shit, the fan outrage at Metal Gear Pachinko is breaking the Internet!"

CEO: "Desperate times call for desperate measures. Consult the Idea Machine!"

CEO grabs a baseball bat and opens the trapdoor in the ceiling. The bloated, rotting carcass of a horse descends by rope.

With a strong swing a paper envelope falls from the horse's mouth.

Letter: "Lay the franchise to rest."

Shareholder: "No that's horrible advice! Beat it harder!"

CEO savagely swings at the dead horse again and again. For a while, nothing comes out. Then a single, piss-stained envelops falls to the ground.

Letter: "Zombie Survival Spin-off."

The CEO and Shareholders throw up their arms in celebration, dancing about the studio. The camera pans outside to reveal that the office is a single-story featureless building between a gas station and liquor store. A homeless man warming his hands by a trash can fire looks through the window, shaking his head and saying how this used to be a nice part of town

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Skynet on August 20, 2016, 01:43:55 AM

In the offices of Konami Headquarters...

Shareholder: "Oh shit, the fan outrage at Metal Gear Pachinko is breaking the Internet!"

CEO: "Desperate times call for desperate measures. Consult the Idea Machine!"

CEO grabs a baseball bat and opens the trapdoor in the ceiling. The bloated, rotting carcass of a horse descends by rope.

With a strong swing a paper envelope falls from the horse's mouth.

Letter: "Lay the franchise to rest."

Shareholder: "No that's horrible advice! Beat it harder!"

CEO savagely swings at the dead horse again and again. For a while, nothing comes out. Then a single, piss-stained envelops falls to the ground.

Letter: "Zombie Survival Spin-off."

The CEO and Shareholders throw up their arms in celebration, dancing about the studio. The camera pans outside to reveal that the office is a single-story featureless building between a gas station and liquor store. A homeless man warming his hands by a trash can fire looks through the window, shaking his head and saying how this used to be a nice part of town

*Laughs madly* Oh God that is hilarious!

Crixus

Sony is increasing the price of PlayStation Plus Next Month

Personally I haven't been too happy with PS+ for awhile now, especially with my slow transition into PC gaming, and this price increase isn't really sitting well with me. Might just let my subscription run out when the time comes
Ons and Offs

Inkidu

Quote from: markus on July 24, 2016, 01:26:54 AM
Any Deus Ex fans here? I'm looking forward to the latest game in the series, Mankind Divided releasing in August.
Pre-release reviews (well not now as it came out today) are not hot.

It's not bad, but it's not even as good as the very flawed gem of Human Revolution. A heavy-handed story, dumb AI, and a stealth focus without actually having to get Stealth upgrades are some common issues.

Also somehow whatever passes for boss fights is worse than pre-Director's Cut Human Revolution.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.