Time is running out...

Started by Lady Jenn, May 31, 2012, 11:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Temptress

Obviously, Jake didn't want the bottle of water and she leans down to stuff it on the left side pocket of the bag. A frown creases her lips at his worrs concernig their situation and Hannah heaves a heavy sigh of frustration. " Great. Ok. 3hat's all she said as she is still trying to remember the past 3 uear's of her life and her life with Jake.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

He came back a few minutes later, tucking the phone into the pocket of his jacket. "I've got a location," he said. "I think they were expecting us too, I think they were more surprised it took me this long to make contact. Luckily we don't have to travel too far to reach there." He took one last look before climbing into the car. "Are you ready to go?"

Lady Temptress

Hannah waits anxiously and impatientky for Jake to return and when he finally does, she listens with more peeked curiousity. A nod of her head is gievn to his question. " I'm ready, let's go." she put her shades back on and brought the passenger side viser down. " well, this certainlly isn't a normal day for me." she said wearing a smirk at her lips.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"I don't do normal," he said with a laugh as they set off. "I've seen parts of human history that you can only imagine while reading school textbooks. Weirdly no-one's thought to go back to the time of the dinosaurs yet, although I suppose I should be thankful about that. Not sure how much use a gun would be then."

Lady Temptress

" Well, normal is boring anyway dear." she laughs softly and she raises up her brows. " But, dinasour's might be a challenge." she winks and sips the water tthen put the cap on again. " how long before we arrive at our next destitnation?"
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"It shouldn't be too long," he replied. "Smartly the Unicorn base was placed very near to the HQ." After twenty minutes he turned down a dirt track at the end of which was a large single storey building which showed no signs of life. He stopped the car, getting out and pulling his gun from its holster. "Just a precaution," he said as they approached the door. He knocked, but there was no reply. "This is Agent Smithers, we spoke on the phone earlier." A few more moments passed before the door opened, revealing a large central room. An immense computer with multiple monitors was sat at the opposite end of the room, and littered between the furniture were hundreds of newspapers.

"Excuse the mess," came a female voice from the direction of the kitchen. "I'll be with you in a second, either of you want a drink?" They caught a glimpse of an athletically built young woman with red hair and a pair of tight, figure-hugging jeans in the kitchen through the doorway.

"I'm good with a glass of water," Jake replied. "What about you Hannah?"

Lady Temptress

Hannah looks around the place with a mix of a curiously / cautious gaze and she nods to the woman in greeting. Then she looks at Jake. " Yes, water please. So what's next on the agenda and don't you guy's have a maid here?" she said jokingly with a smirk.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"When the world goes to hell cleaning tends to go out of the window," the girl responded, appearing in the living room with a tray with three glasses of water. She had a device on her wrist which looked similar to Jake's but in some way more advanced. "I should introduce myself, I'm Lena Harkisson, director of Project Unicorn. I know, you weren't expecting a young woman to be running it."

"Harkisson?" Jake asked. "Then your father is..."

"WAS Artur Harkisson, famed Time Agent and one of the founders of Unicorn. He's been dead ten years but I don't think the Agency realise he left his daughter in charge. As for the mess I've spent the last few hours trying to figure out the time fracture's source. These newspapers come from multiple timelines and multiple events, I've been trying to spot the anomalies which caused the current crisis."

Lady Temptress

Hannah takes the glass of water graciously and she sat down, taling a few sips of the water and swallowing it, Thank you, Miss ." Hannah suddenly felt out of place as she sat there and discusses business as if she isn't even there. However, she is listening intently and with peeked curiousity.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"I don't understand,"  Jake said. "How can you have newspapers from multiple timelines?"

"I have no idea how it works," Lena replied with a shrug. "My father only told me what he thought I needed to know, sadly that was one detail he left out. You guys can help me figure out what's happening, there's no way they could alter one event and cause this much chaos, there are multiple fractures at work."

"They?" Jake said confused. "I'm guessing our criminal buddy in the White House didn't do this alone then."

"Its incredibly unlikely," Lena replied. "This would've had to be a co-ordinated, synchornised strike. He's a lot of things but I don't think Mr Creighton can be in more than one place at once." On the floor near Hannah were two newspapers from the same day. On one was the annoucenment of JFK's assassination, but the other reported his narrow escape after a potential assassin had been found dead in a nearby building.

Lady Temptress

Hannah is totally lost in their conversation she shrugs and Hannah leans down to pick the newspapers up. One by one and page by page, Hannah reads the headlines and stories in utter amasement.  She doesn't bother to inrerupt Jake and Lena's discussion, since she hasn't a clue what is actually going on anyways.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Wait, let me see that," Jake said, taking the two JFK papers. "This was one of the few bits of history I paid attention to, JFK was supposed to be assassinated in Dallas, but why change that? What could JFK not dying possibly achieve?"

"Bloody hell Jake," Lena replied. "Did you guys miss the lesson on the butterfly effect? I can explain it for you if you want," she said to Hannah, not wanting to leave her completely clueless as to what was happening.

Lady Temptress

she felt completly out of place and like a third wheel, Hannah wonders if Jale and Lena wished to be alone to talk. She isn't jealous, mind you, but, she isn't stupid either and she is in the same room. Hannah shrugs as Jake took the papers and she turns to gaze at Lena with raised brows. " Yes, explain please."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"There's an easy way to explain it," Lena said. "There's a reason when you join the Agency one of the things top of the list of do nots is "Don't kill Hitler". Not because the Agency has any love for Hitler but because killing him might fix one problem but most likely it would simply trigger a whole set of other difficulites which weren't there before. Sure, they could go kill someone but it'd be too easy for us to trace it, it'd be the first cause we'd look for. On the other hand we could easily miss someone escaping death, especially someone like the US President. If we want to find out what Creighton's doing Dallas 1963 seems as good a place as any to start, at least its the only lead we have right now."

Lady Temptress

Hannah smiles slightly as she listens to Lena's explination. " I see it's all rather mysteriously intriguing and so tell me, what do we do next and what is my part in all of this? Is there anyway to get my memory back? " she gave a side glance to Jake, then her attention shifts to Lena.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"If we can fix whatever Creighton and his friends did...maybe," Lena replied. "I'm sorry Jake, Hannah, I could lie to you and say I can fix this with the snap of my fingers but I don't think that would be showing either of you much respect. You two need to go back to Dallas, but you can't use that device," she said, pointing to the device on Jake's wrist.

"But it works fine," Jake said, an incredulous look on his face."

"It may well do," Lena said with a smile. "But that thing is gonna stand out a mile in the 1960s. You need slightly more hi-tech kit, the kind of stuff Project Unicorn uses. Plus, if Hannah's coming with you she'll need one too. That is, assuming she wouldn't rather stay here with me and let you have all the fun."

Lady Temptress

" Dallas? This'll be interesting." she remarks to both Jake and Lena. Then she chuckles and gave a shake of her head. " Hell no, I'm not staying here. When do we leave? Well, I get one of those devices too. Nice. " she states with a grin and she wants to leave now, to get to the bottom of this chaos.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Okay, well these devices are far more advanced than the one Jake has on his wrist," she said, leaving the room for a moment before returning with devices which looked almost identical to Jake's. "I know, but its the kit on the inside that makes them different. First though Jake you need to take your current kit off your wrist."

"But its keeping me out of the effects of the fracture, if I-"

"Jake, if the fracture had any effect on this house I wouldn't be here," Lena said, laughing. "Its surrounded by a much larger version of the time bubble within the device." As Jake took the device off his wrist Lena handed Hannah hers. "There are two main differences with these. One: these are genetically encoded to only work with whichever agent first wears them. It is possible to encode it for another agent but it takes a hell of a long time so its not a smart idea to try. Two: you see the big black button on its left side? Press it and the device becomes invisible to all but people who've travelled through the timestream, which should be almost no-one in the 1960s. Except maybe the people meddling with history anyway."

Lady Temptress

Hannah doesn't have much to say or do while Jake and Lena talk shop and so she simply sat there quietly and nervously, until she is need or spoken to again. ( Ooc Sorry for such a short post, but I don't have much to post to. It's you and Lena. )
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"So what are we looking for?" Jake asked Lena as he put the device on and Lena helped Hannah with hers.

"I don't know for certain," Lena replied. "But you need to get to Lee Harvey Oswald before the assassin does. I never thought I'd be telling you to keep a murderer alive but this time we have to make an exception. There's only one other question: do you want a gun Hannah? No offence to Jake but I wouldn't rely on him to defend you if something goes wrong."

Lady Temptress

Hannah titlts her head up and over at Lena, then she gave a side glance at Jake with a smirk at her lips. "Oh? He wouldn't, would he? even for hos fiance?" she said in a teasing tone and then Hannah becomes very serious. " Yes, a gun I should have and I do know how to use them very well. My father tought me how to shoot and how to do karate."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"I'll give you my gun," Lena said, opening a drawer and taking out a handgun, making sure it had plenty of ammo. "Don't shoot unless you have to, the last thing we need is the police being alerted to your prescence. Remember, in this timeline the Agency never existed so you can't use that as a reason to be acting suspiciously."

"Get in, don't get seen, save the world, got it," Jake said.

"God, you read far too many comics Jake," Lena said, rolling her eyes. "You should be glad I'm the only one in this room who gets that reference."

Lady Temptress

Hannah nods her head to Lena and she took the gun, stuffing it into her bag. " Thanks for the info, but I figured that all out, I may look dumb, but I promise I am not. " she gave a smile and she stands there lookinf away from the two, while they finish their conversation.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"I think you guys are ready to go," she said. "I'll just make sure your wrist devices are connected to my computer properly. It'll mean we can stay in contact while you're in the past, but only in an emergency."

"Here, I'm used to these, I'll make sure yours is set to the right date and time," Jake said, taking Hannah's hand and programming the device, he blushed slightly, feeling embarrassed at how close he was to her even though he knew they had been together before.

Lady Temptress

Hannah nods to Lena. " Thanks for the help and wish us luck. " Hannah blushes at Jake putting the device on her wrist and setting it up correctly for her. He may remember their times together, but she doesn't and she damn well wishes that she can, soon maybe she will. " Well, I guess its time to go to Dallas in the past...even though, I am still confused of how we get to the past. This'll be interesting, indeed." ooc sorry for the waot and I got a name change. :P
Lady Dreamer