News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

A secret orld revealed

Started by Lady Jenn, December 04, 2019, 12:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

You have been brought up to believe that magic isn't real. That fairytales were a lie told to mollycoddle children of parents too scared to tell the truth. This was supposed to make the world a better place.

It hasn't.

Magic is real, but as humanity has unwittingly turned its back on this world our former allies among the fairies, elves and other magical being have grown weaker, and the darker creatures of the world are growing stronger.

Now a small band of fairies must find humans willing to listen. If they don't the death of the fairy world will be only the beginning. And what awaits may be too strong for humans to stop alone...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can play one of two types of character:
- A normal human (whether or not they believe in magic in secret, and how willing they are to listen, I'm happy to leave to you)
- a half-human, half-hybrid unaware of their true heritage, whose true identity will be slowly unravelled during the story.

This is set in modern times, so much as this is technically a fantasy it will feature things like mobile phones, the internet, cars etc.

KariAteRachel

Fantasy and a modern setting at the same time?! This is right up my alley. Please tell me more. I'm interested!

Lady Jenn

What would you like to know? I only ask because I have an incredible knack for going into way too much detail without actually telling you anything useful lol

KariAteRachel

Oh that’s totally okay! I want to know anything you can tell me. But I guess, I would most likely want to know more about the dark creatures and what would need to be done to stop them. I like the idea of playing a hybrid, so I want to hear more about the world you’re creating

Lady Jenn

This is a world where the magical creatures have mostly retreated from the human world. They were once our allies but thanks to us turning our backs on them they've decided that They have to look after their own species'. Until now, where they've realised that if the old alliances can't be rebuilt there may not be a world left for anyone to live in.

As for the enemies...the one controlling it all I'd rather keep hidden for now, because I'm hoping when his real identity becomes clear it's going to be an "Oh...crap..." moment. The minions are largely made up of corrupted magical creatures and the occasional human allies (meddling with dark magic does mean their appearances have been corrupted though), but there are also two creatures I came up with:

Nightstalkers - Shadowy entities who are often only seen as something odd moving at the corner of someone's vision, but whose claws are laced with a potentially lethal poison.
Fenrir - Exactly what they are is a major reveal, but they appear to be a cross between fairies and bats, with anti-magic abilities that make them especially dangerous against the already weakened magical creatures of the world

KariAteRachel

I like the idea! What kind of partner are you looking for? I am very detail oriented, and I write a lot when it comes to the world setting, and my character's thoughts and feeling. I would love to do this roleplay if you'll have me! :)

Lady Jenn

I'm pretty open-minded over who my partner needs to be, as long as you don't expect too much romance (I mean, I'm not against romantic sub-plots entirely, it's just not going to be the focus lol). I certainly try and be detailed, I'm aware I occasionally am not great at doing long posts but I certainly try to. If that makes any sense at all lol

KariAteRachel

Oh good! I don’t mind romance, but it’s not my cup of tea either. I usually try to write 2 paragraphs, but I don’t always expect that from my partners. I just like to give my partner enough information to go off of.

One last question, I promise. Would you be playing as the other characters? Or would you like me to play some? You said that it’s a small band of fairies, so there’s a couple different characters. How do you want them to play out?

Lady Jenn

I don't mind if you want to play more than one characters, there will be several NPCs though (beyond the obvious of any villains being NPCs...which will include a few lieutenants as well as the "big bad"). Do you want to do a character skelly?

Also, if you have questions at any points you're always welcome to come back to this thread to ask them :)

KariAteRachel

Sorry. Noob question since I just joined, but what is a character skelly? And where will the role play be posted?

Lady Jenn

It's basically information about the character, things like name, age, appearance, biography...basically any initial information that you feel needs to be known. If that makes any sense.

And the RP itself will go in the Non-Adult Roleplay section, once I start it I mean

KariAteRachel

Oh! I’ve never heard the character sheet be called a skelly before. Lol Sorry. Yeah, I’d like to do one. It helps me keep track of my character and stuff.

And if I have anymore questions, I’ll let you know hun!

Lady Jenn

If you post the character sheet in here I'll see it in the morning, I'm going to bed so I won't be able to do anything RP related now XD

KariAteRachel

So sorry, but I have work all day so my character won’t be up until tonight. In the mean time, do you have any preferences on what She should be like?

Lady Jenn

I don't mind, although the idea is that the hybrids start the story they genuinely don't realise that they have magic, and discover it during the story...not necessarily by choice of course

KariAteRachel

Name: Holly Maeson
Sexuality: Bisexual
Species: Halfling
Hair Color: Pink
Eye Color: Green
Height: 5’3”
Weight: 120lbs

Personality: Holly is a stupidly brave individual. She’s the kind of girl to go parkouring off city rooftops, or streak through campus in the middle of the day or go drink for drink with a football player twice her size. She loves a good challenge and is a thrill seeker through and through. People tend to think she’s an idiot for taking so many risks, but she is very smart. Holly is good with puzzles and loves to pay tricks on people. Mischief is her best friend, and often gets her in trouble. Her weakness lays in her loyalty and how she’s bad at commitment. Holly never likes to stay in one place for too long. She can’t make friends, hold a relationship for more than a few months, or even keep a job. She either gets too bored, or too suspicious of people. It’s best to leave somebody before they leave her, right?

History: Holly was a mysterious child from the start. When she was three, she showed up at a fire station by herself, with no memory of who she was or who she belonged to. With no idea who to contact, the local authorities put a found child report out in papers and news stations, but no family claimed her. So, Holly was put into foster station, where she bounced from home to home. Most families didn’t keep her for more than a handful of months. Her weird personality, and risk-taking kept getting her in trouble at school, or with the police. Families thought Holly was a bad influence on other children, or that she was too much to handle. With her moving around to much, Holly never made real friends, and as she grew older, she found it hard to relate to people. After she finished high school, she skipped the college scene and decided to make a living as a stunt person, but she dropped that quickly, and ended up moving around a lot working odd jobs here and there. She never stuck with anything, and while she made a few friends where she lived, once she moved, she didn’t keep in touch. A part of her always felt like it was missing, and she didn’t belong anywhere. So Holly just keeps on existing wherever she goes.

And this is the face idea I wanted - https://fashioninspire.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Long-Hair-Womens-Styles-I-want-pink-hair-so-much.-Hairstyle-for-tumblr-girls.jpg

Lady Jenn

I like that description and picture. I'm going to offer you a choice (weird I know); would you rather I play a male MC or a female one? I have a potential character for either, but I want it to be your preference

KariAteRachel

Thank you! Lol Play who you’re comfortable with, hun. I had pictured your character as both while I wrote, so whichever you choose will be cool! :)

Lady Jenn

The other thing I should ask before I make my character sheet: where are we setting this? I avoided specifying it in the description so I'm happy to set this wherever you prefer

KariAteRachel

I like more urban settings: cities, suburbs, run-down neighborhoods, etc. However, since this is a fae role play, a small town setting might be better

Lady Jenn

That sounds cool, although I was thinking more what country. In the story I wrote that this is going to be partly based on there are even different varieties of fairies in the same country, it depends

KariAteRachel

Oh! lol Doesn’t matter then. Just go with what you had in mind. :)

Lady Jenn

Do you know of the Isle of Wight? if not I want you to have the chance to Google it so you have a rough idea where the story at least starts (I can't guarantee it STAYS there)

KariAteRachel

Holy cow! I’ve never actually been, but it’s on my bucket list of places to go! I might have to read a little bit more about the history, but I like that idea. If we move around more in the role play, that’s a-okay!

Lady Jenn

Name: Nikkela
Sexuality: Lesbian
Species: Fairy
Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: grey
Height: 5’5
Weight: 118lbs (at full size)

Personality: Your impression of Nikkela might depend on the reason your paths crossed. To the majority of people she is a relatively laid back young fairy, whose job in the city of Shadowglade is as its healer. She is never less than sympathetic towards her patients, and can often be seen out in the forest at night looking for fresh supplies for her stores. But she hides another side to her. The enemies they face robbed her of the people she was closest to as a child, and so she takes any chance she can to go out hunting for potential threats to her city. Although she might not be the most skilled fairy with a sword, she is an extremely skilled shot with a bow. Although she has a harsh exterior at times outside of her medical work, she can be more easy-going when given the chance.

History: Nikkela was born into a fairly high-ranking fairy family in the hidden city of Shadowglade. If things had gone according to plan she may have grown up to be just like any normal young female fairy, but then tragedy struck. Her parents took her for a picnic in the surrounding forest, only to be ambushed by unknown hostiles. She was found in her dead father's arms, her mother nowhere to be found. For several months after she woke up in the night, having nightmares of what she had witnessed, which made her grow close to the future Prince Naarin, son of the then Queen. Although she never became romantically entangled with the Prince it led to her becoming his closest confidante. As the threat against Shadowglade worsens, and with his other scouts slowly being picked off, the Prince reluctantly agrees Nikkela is his best option to go seeking help. But can she survive long enough to get home alive?

Weirdly enough this is pretty much exactly how I imagined her looking while writing the story she appears in lol https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a1/46/72/a14672e8ee2ce504920ec889c1a6a4ad.jpg

KariAteRachel

Oooooooh I like her!!! And bow and arrow characters are my favorite. Nicely done

Lady Jenn

A badass moment I wrote for her a while ago (although it happens after the period this is set in): when one of the heroes was pinned down, knowing the person they were threatened by was too infused with magic for arrows to kill him, she fired one arrow at the shoulder of the arm he was carrying his sword with, then shot another through his chest which staggered him enough that the person he'd had pinned could fire a spike of ice magic at him and kill him outright

KariAteRachel

She sounds cool. I’m excited to see how our characters will interact. How should they meet?

Lady Jenn

I'm open to suggestions, the only element that needs to be in it is she's just narrowly escaped a fight and has a wound, beyond that I'm cool with going with your preference

KariAteRachel

Well Holly is really into adventures and thrill seeking, so what if she’s exploring off a trail and runs into her?

Lady Jenn

That sounds good to me :) is there any other question you want to ask?

KariAteRachel

Nope! I believe I am all set to go!

Lady Jenn

I'll make the thread soon and then post the link in here  :-)

Lady Jenn

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=314248.0 <the link, I hope you like my opening post (also, I remembered to include the w at the start of world this time XD )