[Romance] Fantasy RP, requesting one male partner!

Started by Amber, April 30, 2010, 04:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amber

Fayte raised her brow against the wind, impressed by its ferocity. She knew that if Darien were here, he would suggest finding cover, but as much knowledge as her older brother possessed, she was too stubborn to listen. Her hand gripped the sword at her waist, more wary than usual as the whistling winds hindered her hearing, as her ears flicked to and fro, begging for a sign that something was there, or not there - for a sign that she was not completely helpless.

Setting: A different land, much like our medieval era. There are two kingdoms, those of the Black Knights and those of the White Knights. The White Knights live in a palace on one end of the land, and the Black Knights live in a mountain kingdom, the location of which is kept secret from all but those who inhabit it. The White Knights see it as their job to eradicate the land of Black Knights who wander from their own kingdom, as the Black Knights are seen as arrogant and law-breaking. Added to this medieval setting, I'm fond of fantastic elements - my character has a few surprising powers of her own. They don't need to be actual creatures that have been already created, feel free to make up your own, but also feel free to play as an Elf or something of the like if you don't want to make up your own new creature. There's basically complete freedom over what you want to be in this world! But no power playing, of course.

Fayte: She is a Black Knight, 21 years old, slender with long, black hair that hangs in loose curls around her shoulders.

RP Objective: I love romance RP's, and I understand that there's no adult content allowed, but I don't necessarily need it. I'm looking for a love interest for Fayte, but no love at first sight! I appreciate a challenge and don't object at all to your character being a White Knight or some other character who will perhaps at first fight with her, hate her, what have you - but somewhere along the line, romance blossoms.

Other: I think you'll find that this land is very much already formed because it's taken from another RP I created with another friend a while ago who is unfortunately unable to continue RPing. I felt I should warn you in case you think my ideas are a little far'fetched!

vin26m

Forchun examined the carnage.  Strong gusts of wind blew all that remained of the devastation - mere dust and silt.  The trail was easy to follow.  All the young White Knight had to do was track the leafless trees.  He had strict orders to only observe and report while behind enemy lines in the mountainous territory of the Black Knights.  But when Forchun saw the massive Windhowler Wolf unleash it's gale force breaths toward the village full of innocent civilians, he was forced to act.

He wore the black cloak and black leather armor typical of the inhabitants of the area, his short blond hair hidden under the hood of his cowl.  Fierce cobalt blue eyes focused on the huge lupine creature, then shifted toward its target - not the village, but a solitary Black Knight.

This was another moral quandary.  Does he follow his orders, possibly letting an enemy be slain by a monster that was a common foe to both their kingdoms, or weakening the knight enough for him to eliminate easily?  No, that is not what his heart said.  His superiors were concerned about creating an incident from breaking the truce by infiltrating Black Knight lands.  But if a White Knight died saving Black Knight villagers, perhaps they would finally unite their kingdoms, or at least live in peace.  That was his rationale.  Forchun shunned politics and braced action, a characteristic that concerned his mentors.  He just wanted an excuse to enter the melee, and he found it.

Before joining the fray, he watched the Black Knight in action, admiring her skilled, fluid movement and clever use of magic.  He waited for an opening, but the wolf was too strong for either of them to handle alone.  When the beast was about to deliver a final killing blow to the Black Knight, Forchun blocked the attack with his shield while casting a spell on the Black Knight that made her body tingle with pleasure from the cascade of healing power closing up her wounds.

Amber

Thanks for responding!

I really, really like your writing style! ;3 There's just one little pet peeve and that's in the very last paragraph.

I'm not sure if you just did that because it was a writing sample or if it's how you normally RP, but I don't really like auto-playing because I know for a fact that what happened in the last stanza wouldn't happen to my character ehehe.

If we were to RP do you think you could refrain from auto-playing and let me control what happens to my character? :3

vin26m

Thanks for the compliment.

I was just writing stuff.  However, I didn't mean to make you feel auto-played. 

My intention was to try to push the plot in a general way while giving you an opening to describe her specific actions.  This is usually the way I play because my co-writers usually react to situations I set up (I have them end up somewhere and they write about how they got there).  Your character seems to use both melee weapons and magic, so I set up a situation for you to go into what she did in detail against the monster I made up and had attack her, and I assumed she would somehow fight back. 

If this still feels auto-playish to you, I can change up my style so we mesh better.

Just to clarify, you didn't like the last paragraph.  Would you want the whole last paragraph scrapped, or were some sentences okay and some were not?

I'm looking forward to more.

Amber

The only problem with that is that you did something to my character that wouldn't happen ahah! Like, the whole last paragraph. However, if you took OFF the last paragraph it would be fine, because it would go something more like:

QuoteThis was another moral quandary.  Does he follow his orders, possibly letting an enemy be slain by a monster that was a common foe to both their kingdoms, or weakening the knight enough for him to eliminate easily?  No, that is not what his heart said.  His superiors were concerned about creating an incident from breaking the truce by infiltrating Black Knight lands.  But if a White Knight died saving Black Knight villagers, perhaps they would finally unite their kingdoms, or at least live in peace.  That was his rationale.  Forchun shunned politics and braced action, a characteristic that concerned his mentors.  He just wanted an excuse to enter the melee, and he found it.

Fayte stopped, her ears flicking wildly to her left hand side. Her breathing caught and she closed her eyes, shutting off her sight all the better for her to listen. Her spine tensed as she let go of her sword and slowly turned with her eyes closed, dropping to one knee and leaning down with both hands on the ground.

When she opened her eyes she could see a different pair staring into hers, the wold lifting its chops to bare large, white teeth. Her fingers traced the ground beneath her, feeling the earth, feeling the wolf itself. Her eyes narrowed at it and she could feel the vibrations change as her control over nature slid its way to the wolf.

Which is quite different from what you had hehe XD I don't mind that you had the wolf have Fayte as a target, and even attack her, but I'd appreciate it if you let me decide whether or not she gets hit! I think it takes a little bit of fun out of it, especially since a lot of the time when people do something to my character and play out the scene, it doesn't play out as how I would have it.

vin26m

Okay, I understand what you mean now.

Forchun stared in disbelief.  The Black Knight looked like she was getting into some submissive posture against the big, bad wolf.  Surely she didn't expect a tactic such as surrender to spare the wanton destruction the beast was intent on unleashing.  Forchun remembered the structures literally blown to smithereens - the straw huts, the log cabins, even houses of stone and mortar - and the corpses of hogs and boars torn asunder.  Human casualties were the result of collateral damage by the monstrous animal, but it was only a matter of time before the wolf tasted the flesh of people.

The White Knight did what he knew beast.  He drew his broadsword and charged at the Windhowler, subduing his battle cry to avoid breaking the distraction of the Black Knight.  He would have to jump to reach the vital blood vessels in the beast's neck once he was in striking distance.

vin26m

Okay, I understand what you mean now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forchun stared in disbelief.  The Black Knight looked like she was getting into some submissive posture against the big, bad wolf.  Surely she didn't expect a tactic such as surrender to spare her from the wanton destruction that the beast was intent on unleashing.  Forchun remembered the structures literally blown to smithereens - the straw huts, the log cabins, even the houses of stone and mortar - as well as the corpses of hogs and boars torn asunder.  Human casualties were the result of collateral damage by the monstrous animal, but it was only a matter of time before the wolf tasted the flesh of people.

The White Knight did what he knew best.  He drew his broadsword and charged at the Windhowler, subduing his battle cry to avoid breaking the distraction of the Black Knight.  He would have to jump to reach the vital blood vessels in the beast's neck once he was in striking distance.

Amber

Great! =D I'm gonna take this to the actual forum in a little bit once I get the post settled.

Oblivious to the White Knight's actions behind the wolf, Fayte reached out a small hand towards its mouth. She blew out of her mouth as the beast calmly sniffed at her hand and she placed the back of her finger against its nose.

Still not breaking contact, her lips spread into a soft smile, happy at her heightened control of nature and all its beings. She cocked her head to the side, looking animalistic herself, shifting her weight to sit on the ground instead of kneel.

I'll change that if you want, I didn't know if you wanted to control the wolf or not or if it was just a side thing >.<

vin26m

Sure, it works for me.  I thought a team-up to take it down would be a good way to unite them.  But since she can control it, I have another idea in mind...

Just please post here when you set up the new thread since I have this one bookmarked.  Thanks!