Jinzuuriki University-School of Supernatural! (BESM 3rd, Recruiting!)

Started by Angie, January 03, 2015, 09:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angie

Another year. Another quarter. Principal Angelo had only just recently taken the office, but he was settling in wonderfully. "Accidents" (the university's catch all term for supernatural mishaps) were at an all time low, new academical talent was being attracted, and otherworld entities were even giving the Earth-based academy an actual chance. But the wizard was sensitive to the tides of destiny, and he could tell: Something was going to happen, and soon. Right under his roof. But who, where, and how? That was something he didn't know...

Alright, now on to OOC: For this, I'm looking for people interested in BESM 3rd Edition. It's gonna be 300 point character buy, with a -15 cap on Defects. I know a lot of people are coming in from steelsmiter's game, but this game is still open to any interested parties

Popularity rules will be included for this, and here they are, courtesy of Steel: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?388607-BESM-3-Traits-for-quot-High-School-quot-or-quot-Harem-Comedy-quot-games

Some extra social skills for people who want others:

Bluff: Costs the same as Etiquette (1 point per level normally). Bluff is all about lying, and as such, is always connected to Mind (gotta be smart to make a good lie!). Specialties include Authority (lying to people above you), Weaker (convincing someone you're not worth fighting cause you're weak), Boasting (make people think you're way BETTER then you are), and more.

Ridicule: Same costs as Etiquette (1 point/level). Ridicule is based on Mind, and is all about insults. Specialties include specific social classes (e.g. vs. Nerds, vs. Jocks, etc), Foul Language (Litany of swears!), Belittling (telling someone their achievements don't matter), and more.

OOC has been made and is up: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=220951.0 Come talk to us either here or there if you wanna join.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Zaer Darkwail

Will you be using popularity rules what Steelsmiter introduced or are they discarded? Here comes my char and also easy copy pasted charsheet for others.

Here in below is my sheet and also codetag for the sheet format I used for those who prefer use it :).

Name: Sayama Saki
Status (human, supernatural, student, teacher): Human Student
Background

Sayama Saki is from lower class family where they have always struggled with money. He has been determined to push his family from poverty to riches and thus he has dedicated himself entirely on his academic success and his career. He has strong personal aura which drew attention even in kindergarten where he often decided games which are played and he had always acted fairly in disputes and broke them up. It was natural he had spend most entire life in student councils in his schools and high school where he became so popular it started become problem for him (he is hot, charismatic and has natural leader type qualities). Bad news though as because his devotion to studies he never dated and thus never had girlfriend....which made interaction with opposite sex interesting as he was fascinated (dazzled) by pretty girls and women who asked him out.

He had countless dates and it resulted in fierce rivalry occurring background for his attention. But he never got into actual bedding business albeit there was few close calls, his parents had pressed on that he does not sleep with a girl unless he plans marry her (and this point pregnant girlfriend would send family further to financial ruin and may cut his job and advance opportunities). He studied business management and law and etiquette and social aspects in school and languages. However all academies he attempted get into were flooded full because his student council matters got him distracted (and the damn women!) so he send his applications quite late. So he was walking from graduation ceremony with heavy heart towards his apartment and no idea what he does for whole year before attempting re-enter the academies....then he found a discarded academy accept format in alley? It was to academy which he had never heard about but it mentioned 'top potentials to advance to work in high pay after graduation'. So he signed the paper immediately and filled it out and he send it, albeit he was bit confused when it one part asked 'species' he wrote 'human' on it. Assuming it was a trick question.

STATS
Body:3
Mind:4
Soul:6
Health Level: 45
Popularity: 50
Energy Points: 70
Shock Value: 9
Popularity Shock: 20
Attack Combat Value: 6
Social Attack Value: 5 (overall)
Defense Combat Value: 6
Social Defense Value: 5 (overall)
Damage Multiplier: 5

ATTRIBUTES

Aura of Inspiration (5 rank, total points spend: 20pts)
Combat Technique (2 rank, Judge Opponent [social], Hardboiled [social], total points spend: 4pts)
Divine Relationship (5 rank, total points spend: 10pts)
Energy Bonus (4 rank, total points spend: 8pts)
Enhanced [Soul] Stat (1 rank, total points spend: 10pts)
Features (5 rank, Animal Empathy, Handsomex3, Photographic Memory, total points spend: 5pts)
Heightened Awareness (2 rank, total points spend: 4pts)
Healing (Social) (2 rank, total points spend: 8pts)
Organizational Ties (Student Council) (2 rank, total points spend: 4pts)
Unknown Power (50pts)

WEAPONS

Constructive Criticism (1 rank, Accurate+1, total points spend: 2pts
Lecturing (3 rank, Drain [soul] 2, Autofire, total points spend: 11pts

SKILLS&SPECIALTIES (list only ones with ranks)

Acrobatics (1 rank, specialties; Running, Flexibility, Balance total points spend: 4pts)
Administration (5 rank, specialties; Marketing, Student Council, Negotiating, total points spend: 6pts)
Area Knowledge (2 rank, specialties; Tokyo, total points spend: 2pts)
Computers (1 rank, specialties; Database, total points spend: 2pts)
Etiquette (5 rank, specialties; Higher Class, total points spend: 5pts)
Gaming (2 rank, specialties; Videogames, total points spend: 2pts)
Intimidation (5 rank, specialties; Business, total points spend: 10pts)
Languages (2 rank, Known; Japan[native], English, German, total points spend: 2pts)
Law (2 rank, specialties; International, total points spend: 2pts)
Seduction (5 rank, specialties; Verbal, total points spend: 10pts)
Sports (2 rank, specialties; Football, total points spend: 2pts)

DEFECTS

Girl/Guy Magnet (-1pts, just naturally forms fan clubs anywhere because he's so charismatic/hot)
Easily Distracted (-2pts, girls with sexy/beautiful feature of any ranks)
Marked (-1pts, Heterochromia iridium)

[float=left][img height=250]Place picture URL address here[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Status (human, supernatural, student, teacher):[/b]
[float=left][spoiler=Background]
Lots of Text here please :)
[/spoiler][/float]

[u][b]STATS[/b][/u]
Body:
Mind:
Soul:
[b]Health Level:[/b]
[b]Popularity:[/b]
[b]Energy Points:[/b]
[b]Shock Value:[/b]
[b]Popularity Shock:[/b]
[b]Attack Combat Value:[/b]
[b]Social Attack Value:[/b]
[b]Defense Combat Value:[/b]
[b]Social Defense Value:[/b]
[b]Damage Multiplier:[/b]

[float=left][spoiler=ATTRIBUTES]
Alternate Form (x rank, customization; xxx, total points spend: xxxpts)
[/spoiler][/float]

[float=left][spoiler=WEAPONS]
Wry Wit (x rank, specials, total points spend: xpts)
[/spoiler][/float]

[float=left][spoiler=SKILLS&SPECIALTIES (list only ones with ranks)]
Acrobatics (x rank, specialties; xxx, xxx, xxx, total points spend: xpts)
[/spoiler][/float]

[float=left][spoiler=DEFECTS]
Achilles Heel (-xpts, details shortly)
[/spoiler][/float]

Angie

Popularity rules will be included-it makes Social Combat easy!

TFcommando

I've refined the concept from the last thread a bit, a formerly-human magical girl, now demonic.  At the big climax of her story, the Dark Queen had been doing her whole even plan because she missed her daughter or wanted to bring her back, even though it might destroy the world.  The magical girl, touched by this and full of compassion even for her enemy, offered to be her daughter instead!  The Dark Queen was shocked and moved by this offer and took it, embracing her foe.  The tentacles were a shock, as was how her body changed being fucked by them, but it ended the conflict and she was able to guide her new mother to less destructive pursuits.  Now the only women who get fucked by monsters and tentacles are the ones who want to!  Months/years later, now that things have settled down, she's started going to university. 

Inspired by Nailkaiser from Angel Blade, who was a girl corrupted and transformed into an evil demon warrior, though this is the reverse of that on several levels.  She might still have three cocks though! :)
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

Angie

TF: Concept sounds good! Can't wait to see it.

Zaer: It should be fine, but I don't know exactly what Steel was planning for the unknown power. I guess I could come up with something, but for now, I dunno what it is!

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, you as GM decide how 50pts invested there manifests as supernatural heritage. Example ideas;

45pts for Alternate Form would easily give him a alternative form and add in somehow uncontrolled change factor to get bit more points in (and 5pts for new permanent attributes related to alternative form). Invest 50pts for various sorcerous spells (or warlock sort powers). Reincarnation could relate to some spiritual immortal ancestor (like a god).

Angie

Angie

Okay, I'm gonna be an asshole for a moment Zaer: You're human, explain where you picked up your Combat Techniques.

Zaer Darkwail

I noticed while checking attributes that in Unknown Power the GM's add 50% to the amount invested (so 75 points) but you entirely decide what parts are revealed and when. So you got lots working room in there :P.

Quote from: Angiejuusan on January 04, 2015, 12:30:23 AM
Okay, I'm gonna be an asshole for a moment Zaer: You're human, explain where you picked up your Combat Techniques.

Judge Opponent; it's related to measure someone in social combat (and same instinct applies real combat albeit he has not been in one) thanks for having keen sense of people thanks years hard studying and also preparing to become big business man to lift his family off poverty. Hardboiled (social) is from dealing various popularity dramas and contests as part of student council member. Overall think him as the guy who solved high school problems through social combat and being representative of student council.

Angie

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on January 04, 2015, 12:34:30 AM
I noticed while checking attributes that in Unknown Power the GM's add 50% to the amount invested (so 75 points) but you entirely decide what parts are revealed and when. So you got lots working room in there :P.

Judge Opponent; it's related to measure someone in social combat (and same instinct applies real combat albeit he has not been in one) thanks for having keen sense of people thanks years hard studying and also preparing to become big business man to lift his family off poverty. Hardboiled (social) is from dealing various popularity dramas and contests as part of student council member. Overall think him as the guy who solved high school problems through social combat and being representative of student council.

Ah, so it's all social stuff. I accept this. I just give you an extra fine comb because you are human, and I need to look harder.

Can you add the "Social" tag to Judge Opponent too, so we don't get confused?

Zaer Darkwail

Sure, although judge opponent is very generic skill so it applies measure even those with combat skills.

AndyZ

Asuka Toyamato

The latest in a long line of sorceresses, Asuka sees life as something to enjoy, basking in the enjoyment of her abilities and always striving to get better in any way she can.  She is always seen with her Septacle Necklace, an item of great power which has been passed down throughout the generations as a parent grows beyond the need for its use.

She has only a platonic interest in boys but has been known to chase skirts with almost a predatory delight, and one of her talents has been to learn to temporarily become futanari in order to fully savor their delights. 

Although she can stay awake for several days thanks to magical spells and discipline (which lets her keep up with her studies while everyone else is asleep), she suffers from horrible nightmares every time she falls asleep.  Although she never remembers what they were upon awakening, it's been suggested that her mind is attempting to develop oracular talents.  If so, she's simply too stubborn to accept the nature of destiny being fixed and being warned about a problem.  She'd much rather just go out and solve it, no matter the cost.

Body 3 (5)         Mind 4 (6)         Soul 5 (7)

Alternate Identity

Asuka can transform herself into a futanari.  Doing so takes a bit of focus, though (Activation 1).

Combat Technique - Lightning Reflexes

Divine Relationship - L3

Asuka is just naturally lucky.

Extra Actions L1

Asuka can use her magic to slow down her perception of time, allowing her to move twice as quickly as usual.  Not only is it draining (5/round), but azure energy coalesces around her while she does it, trailing her movements.

Feature - Appearance 2

Flight L3

Asuka can fly at speeds of roughly 100kph, but doing so causes azure energy to trail behind her.

Force Field L7

Asuka can conjure up an azure force field to protect her from harm, with moderate drain (1/round).

Item of Power - Septacle Necklace

A treasured family heirloom, the septacle necklace always on her neck significantly enhances her capabilities.  (Enhanced Body, Mind and Soul, all at 2)  It enhances her mana spells (Massive Damage for Mana Spells at L5) and protects her mind and spirit from harm (Mind Shield and Resistance at L5).

Ranged Attack (Spells) L3

Regeneration L1

Asuka is capable of basic regeneration, albeit with exceptional drain (5/round) and with azure energy flowing into her wounds to fix up her body.

Shield L3

Asuka can conjure up an azure shield of force.  Protection 5, 1/round, and Detectable Visual.

Special Defense

Like everyone in her family, she stopped aging once she hit 18.  She only needs to sleep once or twice a week, which is fortunate because she hates to sleep thanks to her nightmares.

Telekinesis L2

Asuka's telekinesis can lift up to 10 kilograms, and has moderate drain.  (1/round)

Wealth 1 - $300,000

Weapon: Manadarts

Asuka conjures up thousands of tiny motes of azure energy, sending them suddenly flying towards her target in a flurry of jagged destruction.

Weapon 5, Range 100m, Accurate 3, Autofire

Secondary Weapon: Heart Kiss

Asuka blows a kiss at her target, making an image of her lips appear and shoot towards her target.  If it hits, it causes the target to have an orgasm unless resisted.  Range 10m, Incapacitating 2

I have the spreadsheet up at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NsjcxCL7JEOs5Q5LmRyo4B7D92u09vUx0vZGZ8p7_vo/edit#gid=0 if you want to check the math.

I may change a few things with a few of the minor rules changes, nothing huge.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

TFcommando

Quote from: Angiejuusan on January 04, 2015, 12:16:58 AM
TF: Concept sounds good! Can't wait to see it.

Do you want to stick with the same attribute balance?  What about using the other suggested point guidelines for 300 point characters, and the caps on the abilities? 

I was going to work off of the magical girl template for a start, with a tainted twist.  Or maybe the spider demon one.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Angie

Quote from: TFcommando on January 04, 2015, 01:46:46 AM
Do you want to stick with the same attribute balance?  What about using the other suggested point guidelines for 300 point characters, and the caps on the abilities? 

I was going to work off of the magical girl template for a start, with a tainted twist.  Or maybe the spider demon one.

Oh, right-I will change it, you may buy Attributes as normal. Screw the 5 4 3 thing.

AndyZ

I'm not sure I like these social rules.  Are you committed to them?  I'll end up having to tear up half my sheet to get them done.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Angie

The social rules will only come up in social situations. It wouldn't be a supernatural school if I didn't throw in other challenges.

I think now should be a good time to explain how I GM-all of you are going to get to use your abilities and strong points at some point. The challenges will always be able to be overcome by your team in some manner-though you may need to get creative.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, so think that I as human have specialized in social combat, where as if any physical combat happens I am sitting target begging to be killed off :P.

AndyZ

Okay.  I'll get to tearing apart her sheet when I have the time.

TFcommando

Might I suggest just adding a couple more social skills?  There's already Intimidate.  Just add Bluff for lying, seduction, fast talking and then Persuade or Diplomacy for good-faith stuff.  Use the skill resolution rules with results based on margin of success for simple things, or a bit of D&D skill challenge fun... "3 successes before 2 failures, Bluff has a higher difficulty value because he's wary."
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

AndyZ

I'll probably have to drop this character concept and see what else I can come up with.  I just don't have enough skills to have Asuka as I wanted her and have to buy all this new stuff as well.

Angie

Quote from: AndyZ on January 04, 2015, 02:36:14 AM
I'll probably have to drop this character concept and see what else I can come up with.  I just don't have enough skills to have Asuka as I wanted her and have to buy all this new stuff as well.

You don't have to buy the new stuff. There will be plenty for Asuka to do, I promise.

AndyZ

It's more that I didn't intend for her to be completely socially inept, and I don't think I can play her that way.  Character ideas form in my head with particular concepts, and if I try to warp them out of that, they aren't fun to play.

I'll try to leave her as is, though.

Edit: Oh, we're not stuck at 5 4 3 anymore ^_^

Yukina

Name: Sakurako Tokito
Background

Sakurako is your typical shy introvert. She usually stays inside her apartment when possible, using most of her time reading novels and browsing the internet on her laptop (as well as cosplaying at the occasional anime convention). The meek girl focuses greatly on her job though, as the school library is a secondary haven to her. She's not a very strict staff member, but those who have treated her horribly always seem to be oddly humbled or quieter in the next week.

242/300

STATS
Body: 3
Mind: 5
Soul: 4
Health Level: 35
Popularity: 45
Energy Points: 45
Shock Value: 7
Popularity Shock: 9
Attack Combat Value: 4
Social Attack Value: 5
Defense Combat Value: 4
Social Defense Value: 5
Damage Multiplier: 5

ATTRIBUTES

Wizardry Temp. (Backlash (If roll fails by an extreme margin of 6 or more) (-2P), Consumable (The spell focus is easy to replace) (-2P), Deplete (-10 Energy Points or -1 Energy Point/10 minutes) (-1P))

Sexua Inanima (Metamorphosis - Multiform: Sexual Objects) (4 Hour Duration (+3P), Wizardry (-5P)) (3 Ranks/58 Points)
(Sex Toy Temp.; Unique Attribute: Shared Sensations of Pleasure (+2P), Unique Attribute: Small and Light (+2P), Impaired Manipulation: No Arms (-9P), Impaired Speech: No Verbal Communication (-9P), Physical Impairment: Bound In Inanimate Form (-9P) = -23P)

Gran Bar (Force Field (Armour Rating 20, Area 2, Wizardry (-5P)) Total: 12P

Crania Kagi (Telepathy: All ) (Wizardry (-5P))(3Ranks/13P)

WEAPONS

SKILLS&SPECIALTIES (list only ones with ranks)

Artisan: Metalworking, Tailoring, Carpentry (3 Ranks/4 Points)
Computers: Databases (3 Ranks/6 Points)
Cultural Arts: History, Literature, Urban Legends (5 Ranks/6 Points)
Domestic Arts: Cooking, Cleaning, Home Budgeting (1 Rank/2 Points)
Etiquette: Lower, Middle, and Upper Class (2 Ranks/3 Points)
Gaming: Board Games, Computer Games, Roleplaying Games (2 Ranks/3 Points)
Languages: Japanese, English, French, Sign Language, Braille (4 Ranks/6 Points)
Occult: Witchcraft (5 Ranks/10 Points)

DEFECTS

Shy (-1P)

AndyZ

I should ask if this place is GBLTQA friendly.  Should we take Ism if we're not heterosexual?

I'm pondering how to move stuff around to take advantage of having higher than 5 4 3 ^_^