Do you want your mind blown?

Started by Love And Submission, February 01, 2013, 06:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Love And Submission

ATHF is eleven years old.

As is Adult Swim.

Also  Adult swim debuted and pre-dates   9/11  by eight days.

The Venture Bros has only had four seasons since 2003. That's four seasons in ten years.

I  love the show but how long does it take to write a damn episode?

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Thesunmaid

Laughs and points out the obvious"they are also mutants and perhaps they outgrew the need to walk around in water..I mean they also had a talking brain and rock steady and bebop were not native creatures to a city setting either...so..I am happy to think of them as turtles since teenage mutant ninja tortoises does not sound as good.":)
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: working on them Current Status for RP:Tentatively looking

Love And Submission

If robin hood  robs the rich and gives to the poor then the rich he robbed become poor and the poor he gave his wealth to become rich.

So does he then rob then people he just robbed to give to the poor people that he made poor in the first place by robbing them? It's just a vicious cycle really.

Beorning

Not really. By distributing the robbed funds carefully, Robin assures everyone has the same amount of money. There are no rich or poor, then - just the middle-class :)

Oniya

Or, if you follow the legend, Robin stole from the corrupt nobility (Prince John and the Sheriff of Nottingham, most often), and gave to the honest peasants.  He did not steal from honest nobility (like King Richard, or pious churchmen).  Therefore, if the peasants did accrue enough money to become nobles, then if they remained honest, they would have no fear of Robin's robbing.  If they became corrupt, then they would probably do well to keep a wary eye on Sherwood.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

gaggedLouise

For some reason I always thought turtles belonged within the class of amphibians - with frogs and salamanders and such - not actual reptiles. Seems they are closer to snakes than I'd imagined...

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Love And Submission

Here's another one. Remember how terrifying Jurrasic Park kid?

It would be considerably less horrifying in real life.

Yep.That's probably what a real t-rex looked like. Not exactly the most intimidating creature since it appears somewhat peach colored.
Not to mention that feathers plus little tiny arms make it appear as though he's wearing tassels.

Don't even get me started on the Triceratops.

Beorning

BOOOOOOM!

*mind blown*

;D

Seriously though, I wouldn't say that the feathers make the T-Rex necessarily less terrifying. Slightly more bizarre, yes - but it's still a giant monster that can swallow you in one chomp.

CupidCatt

Thanks for posting those photos of camp dinosaurs on parade, I needed a good laugh.

Love And Submission

This is Paul Newman. He's famous for playing Butch Cassidy.

This is the real life Butch Cassidy.

Apparently Hollywood does not allow fat people to be cowboys or there were no fat actors available in 1969.

Love And Submission

That's Joseph Bell. He's wearing a deerstalker cap and an  inverness cloak/cape. He was a surgeon who

Quoteemphasized the importance of close observation in making a diagnosis. To illustrate this, he would often pick a stranger and, by observing him, deduce his occupation and recent activities.

That's Sherlock Holmes. He's wearing a deerstalker cap and an iverness.  He's famous for his skills of Deductive Reasoning.

Sherlock Holmes was invented by  Arthur Connan Doyle.  Joseph Bell once had a cleark working for him named..

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
...Arthur Connan Doyle.

Shjade

DTW, if you think Butch looks fat in those pictures...you've got a pretty broad definition of "fat." >.>
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Oniya

Quote from: Shjade on March 02, 2013, 01:39:05 PM
DTW, if you think Butch looks fat in those pictures...you've got a pretty broad definition of "fat." >.>

He's got a much squarer jaw-line than Newman, to be sure, and I have to wonder when in Butch's life those shots were taken.  (Kind of hard to judge muscle definition in shots where the person is fully clothed from wrist to ankles.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Chris Brady

Quote from: DTW on March 02, 2013, 07:09:40 AM

That's Joseph Bell. He's wearing a deerstalker cap and an  inverness cloak/cape. He was a surgeon who

That's Sherlock Holmes. He's wearing a deerstalker cap and an iverness.  He's famous for his skills of Deductive Reasoning.

Sherlock Holmes was invented by  Arthur Connan Doyle.  Joseph Bell once had a cleark working for him named..

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
...Arthur Connan Doyle.
actually if you know anything about Sir Doyle, you'd know that he DID base Sherlock Holmes off Mr. Bell.  He's mentioned it in an interview, at some point.  So yeah, easy enough to find if you care about it.  :-)
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Rhapsody

Quote from: DTW on February 02, 2013, 12:06:01 PM
Regardless. They aren't turtles. We can both agree on that at least.

They're mutants, and spend enough time in water that I've seen for them to hold the "Turtle" designation.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Love And Submission

QuoteTaking “can’t we all just get along” to another level, members of the Grape Street Crips gang in Memphis have joined with members of Ku Klux Klan to protest a planned KKK rally in Memphis on March 30th, reports ABC24.com.

Protest organizer, Dajuan Horton, said that the purpose of the counter-protest is to meet racism with non-violence:

“The first thing I was thinking was the largest rally you’ve even seen and you’re telling us about it. You’re sending the first blow, we’re not throwing blows we’re going to dodge that one and hug you.”

After seeing a YouTube video of Horton outlining his vision of solidarity with the Ku Klux Klan, Bradley Jenkins, the Imperial Wizard for the United Klan of America, vowed to join his cause:

“We will stand resolute with the citizens of Memphis and this young man and anyone in town, no matter what color they be, because hate and racism has no place,” he said.

“This young man and the people of the community do not need to fear the Klan coming. People making accusations that thousands of Klansmen are coming to fill the streets of your town – that’s one little man speaking for many got to stop,” he said. “Don’t be fooled. They’re fooling the media, everybody these folks saying they’re Klan, they’re not Klan.”

Jenkins claims that the march, allegedly to protest the renaming of parks that currently honor known racists and Klansmen, is self-serving and not in the Klan’s best interest:

“The Ku Klux Klan stands for not self but others. How can that be for others arguing over the name of a park inside of a city that made the decision to rename it? That is the community’s prerogative.”

Edward, a member of the Loyal White Knights, the Klan group planning the rally, said they have no plans of terrorizing the town, but that White people must unapologetically stand up for their rights.

http://newsone.com/2255414/grape-street-crips-ku-klux-klan-rally/

Seriously. What is this...I don't even.....

Aleph

Quote from: DTW on February 24, 2013, 11:27:25 AM
If robin hood  robs the rich and gives to the poor then the rich he robbed become poor and the poor he gave his wealth to become rich.

So does he then rob then people he just robbed to give to the poor people that he made poor in the first place by robbing them? It's just a vicious cycle really.

Monty Python did a great take on this, check the "Dennis Moore" sketches on YouTube. A free-roaming highwayman who found the redistribution of wealth a little more difficult than anticipated :)

Warning though, the theme song will get stuck in your head.

Love And Submission

Love And Submission

Five of the seven continents end with the same letter that they start with.

Never noticed that before.

Asia , Europe  Africa , Australia , Asia.

Odd.

Stella Maris

*stealthily changes that second Asia to Antarctica*
And America is only different because there's two parts to it. In fact, Europe gets to be the odd one out with it's 'E's.
“Thou shalt not use poetry, art or music to get into girls' pants - use it to get into their heads.”
How to Make a Star Shine my O/os

Formless

* Holds his head as it hurts immensly *

Too ... much ... information ... Can't contain .... * Kaboom *.

R.I.P Ark.

Oniya

*mops up detritus*

Gotta work on your filing system.  ;)

Thorne

Time for a trip to Brain Ikea, hm? *helps Oniya mop up*
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Love And Submission

So  I was looking up some quotes from Buddha when I found this.

QuoteRelated Authors
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Mother Teresa
Dalai Lama
Mahatma Gandhi
Martin Luther
Sai Baba
Napoleon Bonaparte

I'm now very confused because one of those is certainly not like the others.

Chris Brady

I can call out several that aren't.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming