National Defense Authorization Act. Bye-Bye Due Process

Started by Callie Del Noire, December 06, 2011, 01:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

I wouldn't have thought of looking for an early version if not for VuurMeester's post. *tips hat*  Once I saw how early it was, Callie's comment about

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on December 09, 2011, 11:59:13 AM
I have concerns about the editing of the speech, but apparently the content of what the president is said is clear.

made it even more important to me to see the full text.  I suspect that this one's going to make the rounds on my 'feeds', so I'm going to keep both those links handy.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Callie Del Noire

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jim-garrison/obamas-most-fateful-decis_b_1143005.html?ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false

Now it's down to the President.. and I have concerns about the possibility that the president will sign this.

What is bad is that while law enforcement can still investigate I don't see a lot of investigations getting done properly after the military shows up to collect and detain the suspect.

RubySlippers

Then we have to trust the courts to do the right thing and blast this law off the books and into the trash where it rightfully belongs.