Rapture or Party Time

Started by despickable, May 19, 2011, 06:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elone

Quote from: Vekseid on May 21, 2011, 11:42:05 PM
Pigments are cyan, yellow, and magenta. They are the complements of red, blue, and green respectively.

Check you're printer's color ink : )

The question was primary colors, in pigments they are red, yellow and blue. And very specific hues of the three as well. All other colors can be made from a mixture of these. It took me 4 years of art school to learn that. In light, the colors are different, red, blue, and green.

Printers use cyan, yellow, and magenta, and black usually. I believe that it is probably because of their transparency. Printers may use a lot more colors as well, thus 3 color, 4 color, 5 color and 6 color runs of the press. The more colors the more accurate the reproduction.
In the end, all we have left are memories.

Roleplays: alive, done, dead, etc.
Reversal of Fortune ~ The Hunt ~ Private Party Suites ~ A Learning Experience ~A Chance Encounter ~ A Bark in the Park ~
Poetry
O/O's

Oniya

I was using crayons.  They don't let me have sharp objects in here.  (j/k)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Vekseid

Quote from: elone on May 22, 2011, 01:16:10 AM
The question was primary colors, in pigments they are red, yellow and blue. And very specific hues of the three as well. All other colors can be made from a mixture of these. It took me 4 years of art school to learn that. In light, the colors are different, red, blue, and green.

Printers use cyan, yellow, and magenta, and black usually. I believe that it is probably because of their transparency. Printers may use a lot more colors as well, thus 3 color, 4 color, 5 color and 6 color runs of the press. The more colors the more accurate the reproduction.

It's because it's a fact that, for the human eye, the CMYK model produces the widest possible gamut from three non-black colors. They correspond to absorbing a specific wavelength of light that the eye sees. Cyan pigments absorb red light. Magenta pigments absorb green light. Yellow pigments absorb blue light. A non-CMY primary will have a weakness in one region of the color spectrum (but it's stronger in another e.g. reds and yellows for RYB - important since 89% of our color vision is red and green). Painters also have white on their color wheel which they can use to lighten colors. Printers just need to dither for that.

My printer has five colors (plus black). The extra two are light cyan and light magenta, in order to produce lighter colors than CMYK typically allows. This sort of thing is why printers don't want you to submit things in CMYK necessarily.

.../tangent >_>

On topic, apparently mister Camping has been very quiet. And now we're hearing stories about people who ruined their lives because they believed him -_-

Oniya

I feel really sorry for those people.  I hope that they're able to recover from the irresponsible acts of this nutcase (possibly a class-action against Family Radio?)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Pointless Digression

Quote from: Oniya on May 22, 2011, 02:09:46 AM
I feel really sorry for those people.  I hope that they're able to recover from the irresponsible acts of this nutcase (possibly a class-action against Family Radio?)

On what basis? Fraud? The major problem with that would be proving that Camping knew what he was claiming was false. I actually think Camping almost certainly believed his own delusions.

I can't think of another justification to sue in order to retrieve donated money, that is, money not used to purchase goods or services).

Oniya

Quote from: Pointless Digression on May 22, 2011, 03:07:44 PM
On what basis? Fraud? The major problem with that would be proving that Camping knew what he was claiming was false. I actually think Camping almost certainly believed his own delusions.

I can't think of another justification to sue in order to retrieve donated money, that is, money not used to purchase goods or services).

*sigh*  I know.  It's just really unsettling to think that he's convinced people to destroy their lives (I've read reports about the 60-year-old in New York who spent his life savings on pamphlets and advertising for this guy, a 27-year-old expectant mother who budgeted her money to run out on May 21, and a woman in California who tried to kill herself and her two daughters) and now he can just go 'Whoopsie, forgot to carry the seven!'

Kuroneko

Quote from: Vekseid on May 21, 2011, 11:42:05 PM
Pigments are cyan, yellow, and magenta. They are the complements of red, blue, and green respectively.

Check you're printer's color ink : )

You know, I almost added that they are turquoise, acid yellow and fuschia, because as a dyer I cannot make turquoise from 'primary' blue, or acid yellow from primary yellow dyes, but didn't want to confuse people ;).  I agree with you completely.  In fact, when I teach my design classes at my university, I give both pigment primary models, because you generally do not see CYM listed as primaries in art textbooks, but it's far easier to mix colors using it as starting place. 

There's a really interesting book on color that came out recently, where the author spent the time to figure out where the traditional pigments sit on the color wheel in terms of their optical qualities.  Then he figured out how they correspond to serveral common brands of artist's paints in order to facilitate the mixing of true neutrals.  His name is Stephen Quiller, and the book is Color Choices: Making Sense Out of Color Theory.  It's a fun read for artists, and very useful for color mixing. 
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

TheGlyphstone

The two completely unrelated lines of discussion in this thread are kinda surreal.

Star Safyre

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on May 22, 2011, 04:41:38 PM
The two completely unrelated lines of discussion in this thread are kinda surreal.

I was kind of wondering how that happened as well.  Reading back, it makes sense though!
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

Oniya

*Is sort of regretting the original comment...*

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Silverfyre

Quote from: Oniya on May 22, 2011, 04:46:57 PM
*Is sort of regretting the original comment...*

OH GOD, IT HAS ORANGE IN IT!?! WHAT DOES IT MEAN, JESUS?!

Wyrd

Jesus...
Ragtime Dandies!

Noelle

gaggedLouise

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

abandoneddolly

Wyrd

*Sigh...* We can always dream...
Ragtime Dandies!

Oniya

I'm really amused by the fact that one of the 'Ads by Google' on that was for ChristianMingle.com.

despickable

abandoneddolly that was very funny i have tears in my eyes and it isn't the curry I was eating

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

Jag

Camping is holding firm that the world will end by October. Apparently he said something along the lines of God not wanting to punish the world with five months of destruction.

Quote"We've always said October 21 was the day," Camping said during his show. "The only thing we didn't understand was the spirituality of May 21. We're seeing this as a spiritual thing happening rather than a physical thing happening. The timing, the structure, the proofs, none of that has changed at all."

However, Camping said his group would not be mounting another advertising push. In the months leading up to May 21, Family Radio billboards popped up across the country, warning that the end was near. -Source

*shakes head*
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Oniya

Right...

Any advice to the sheeple that blew all their finances '5 months early?'

Callie Del Noire

Jag

Quote from: Oniya on May 24, 2011, 10:44:39 AM
Right...

Any advice to the sheeple that blew all their finances '5 months early?'

In the same article, he says:

QuoteReporters who were allowed to ask questions during the broadcast Monday pressed Camping on this issue, but he would not admit that he bore any blame for his followers' predicaments.

"I don't have any responsibility. I'm only teaching the Bible. I'm telling ... this is what the Bible says. I don't have spiritual rule over anybody ... except my wife as the head of the household."

*shakes head some more*
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Lilias

QuoteI'm telling ... this is what the Bible says.

He must have spilled something over Matthew 24:36... ::)
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Aiden

Hey, just because my birthday is the day before, means it is reason to feel like it is in the end of the world. A end of the world hangover is nothing like the actual end of the world! Just saying!