Recip E!s with Despickable & Xandi

Started by Autumn52, July 15, 2010, 10:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

About to try something. I got a cheap pork shoulder roast, two big mushrooms, two cream potatoes, a brown onion, and a bottle of rib sauce.

I'm going to cut all the vegetables fine, but cut the onion in big thick slices, and line the bottom of the slow cooker with them, place the pork on top and cook on low for 6 hours. Take the pork out, drain the fluid out and get all the onion out, blend it (I like onion but I have to blend it) and then just dump everything into the pot with the sauce and shred it apart.

Autumn52

I have started WW and I made this Potato soup and wow I was surprised how good it turned out.

XandiS Weight Watchers Creamy Potato Soup
4 pts
4 med. potatoes peeled and diced
4 cups chicken stock (I used chicken base, if you do as I did do not add additional salt)
1 large onion peeled and diced
1 ½ tbs. butter
½ tsp. black pepper
½ tsp. thyme
½ tsp. celery salt
1 tsp. Salt *do not add salt if you use chicken base to make your stock*

In dutch oven melt butter. Add onions to butter and saute until start to brown. Next add all spices and let them toast a couple of minutes before you add the stock and potatoes. Let the soup boil until the potatoes are tender, very tender.

Blend the soup in a blender in two batches. Don’t forget to take off the middle of the lid and hold a towel over the opening. Do not fill the blender to full so that you don’t get burned. Blend until smooth.

The soup is thick so if you want it a little thinner just add a little stock.

Top it with WW cheese and 1 Tbs. of light sour cream. Points are 6 if you add these items.
Enjoy.

Makes 6 Servings
Serving size is 1 cup
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Sabby

I have a guest for a few days, so I got a medieval cauldron sized slow cooker, shoveled in macaroni and grated cheese and evaporated milk and mushrooms and bacon. And not budget bacon either, the thick cut smokey kind from a real butcher <3

Here's the recipe.

Autumn52

Quote from: Sabby on February 17, 2015, 02:39:29 AM
I have a guest for a few days, so I got a medieval cauldron sized slow cooker, shoveled in macaroni and grated cheese and evaporated milk and mushrooms and bacon. And not budget bacon either, the thick cut smokey kind from a real butcher <3

Here's the recipe.

OMG that sounds so delicious Sabby. I will have to try that next time I have company.

Thanks for the recipe.

Hugs
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

Sabby

http://www.completelydelicious.com/2013/12/salted-caramel-nut-brittle.html

A bit beyond my ability this pay, but definitely something my kitchen will birth at some point.

Autumn52

OMG that looks so good. I am on a diet so I will refrain from making it for now. But I intend to make it for the next
get together I go to. Thanks for the contribution.

elone

I make that nut brittle every Christmas, but with pecans only (because we can pick them off the ground locally) and while warm cover the top with a good dark chocolate bar broken into small pieces. When it softens spread it with a spatula over the brittle.
In the end, all we have left are memories.

Roleplays: alive, done, dead, etc.
Reversal of Fortune ~ The Hunt ~ Private Party Suites ~ A Learning Experience ~A Chance Encounter ~ A Bark in the Park ~
Poetry
O/O's

Autumn52

yummy that sounds even better. thanks for the tip about the chocolate.

Autumn52

Okay so I have some new neighbors and I made them some brownies to welcome them to the neighborhood and the smell got me craving brownies. Well I am on a strict no sugar diet and I couldn't find a decent recipe online or else where for sugar free brownies so I made up my own. I made them yesterday and they came out a little more like chocolate cake but they are delicious. So I thought I would post the recipe here in case anyone out there might be interested. Here it is:

Xandi's Sugar Free Brownies

8 chocolate squares
¾ Cup Butter
2 cups Splenda
4 eggs
2 tsps. Vanilla
2 tbs. brewed coffee
1 ¼ cup flour
½ tsp. salt, baking soda, baking powder (1/2  each)

Melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave in 30 second intervals. Stir it after each 30 seconds.
Mix the eggs and vanilla and add to chocolate when Chocolate is all melted. Next add the sugar and mix in completely. Add the coffee and stir until mixed in completely.  Lastly in separate bowl mix flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Add to the sugar and chocolate mix.  Once it is mixed in pour into a 13x9 greased pan and bake at 350* for 30 minutes.

Makes 20 brownies. 4 points each.

Autumn52

Today is freezing weather and I made some turkey chili for tonight. Dinner will be Chili with onion and cheese and a dolop of sour cream, all low fat.

Here is the picture of it. I will post a recipe later, if I haven't already.

Chili is 7points for 2 cups.
WW cheese is 2 points for 1/3 cup
Light Sour Cream is 1 point for 1 tbs.
Total for dinner tonight is 10 points.
Yay

Greenwoodtree

Yay! A foodie thread!

yesterday I made cauliflower flatbread - Italian seasoning added.  It's incredibly simple, delicious, and very healthy!!  today I ate some with arrabiata spaghetti sauce on top.    I will see about posting a recipe if anyone is interested.
"Sometimes your nearness takes my breath away; and all the things I want to say can find no voice.  Then, in silence, I can only hope my eyes will speak my heart."

Let's only say what our Hearts desire.
~Rumi

My Requests:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=243061.0
My Apologies: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=224775.0
My Preferences:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=56044

Autumn52

Quote from: JsHLDantes on February 24, 2015, 12:56:12 AM
Yay! A foodie thread!

yesterday I made cauliflower flatbread - Italian seasoning added.  It's incredibly simple, delicious, and very healthy!!  today I ate some with arrabiata spaghetti sauce on top.    I will see about posting a recipe if anyone is interested.

Yes recipe please.

Serephino

Sloppy Joe Meatballs

Meatballs;
1lb ground beef
1 egg
diced onion
1/4tsp oregano
1/2c bread crumbs

Sauce;
15oz can tomato sauce
2tbsp brown sugar
1tbsp yellow mustard
1/2tsp chipoltle chili powder
1/4tsp pepper
1/4tsp garlic salt
1tsp Worcestershire

Combine meatball ingredients and form into balls.  Arrange in a baking dish.  Mix sauce and pour over meatballs.  Bake at 350 20-25 mins.

Greenwoodtree

I've made this several times already...it's wonderful with just spaghetti sauce on top. 

Rosemary Cauliflower Flatbread

1 head of cauliflower (3 cups of cauliflower “rice”)

3/4 cups oat flour, coconut flour, almond flour or flour of your choice

(Note: if using coconut flour, add more flax eggs and/or olive oil because coconut flour absorbs a ton of liquid!  I like using oat flour and made make own by pulsing old-fashioned oats in a food processor until a light flour was formed)

3 flax “eggs” (3 tablespoons flax seed meal + 9 tablespoons water)

2 tablespoons olive oil

1/2 teaspoon sea salt

1/4 teaspoon rosemary or herb of your choice such as dried basil, oregano or thyme
Cauliflower "rice"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

-Mix together flax seed meal and water in a small bowl, set aside.

-Make “cauliflower rice” by adding cauliflower florets to a food processor and pulsing until rice-like.

(depending on the size of your food processor you may need to do this step in small batches.)

-In a large bowl, mix together 3 packed cups of cauliflower rice, flax “eggs,” oat flour, salt, olive oil and rosemary.

-Place dough on parchment paper and use hands to flatten to 1/2 inch thick.

-Place in oven and cook for 40-45 minutes or until golden and crispy.

Note:  Cooking time will vary depending on thickness of flatbread, keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn!

-Remove from oven, add toppings of your choice and enjoy!

(if adding toppings that should be served warm, return to oven for 5-7 minutes or until warmed through)
"Sometimes your nearness takes my breath away; and all the things I want to say can find no voice.  Then, in silence, I can only hope my eyes will speak my heart."

Let's only say what our Hearts desire.
~Rumi

My Requests:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=243061.0
My Apologies: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=224775.0
My Preferences:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=56044

Autumn52

Oh my those recipes sound so good. I am going to try those. Thank you both for sharing them.

Hugs

Autumn52

Today I made some Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Cookies and some Granola.

Here is the results:

They both came out soooo good. I am proud of me.

Sabby

I'm learning to cook steak. Mine have always turned out tough. I had no idea what a process it was, I always just take it out of the packet, slap it in the pan and turn the hot plate on.

Autumn52

I always marinate mine before cooking them. It helps tenderize the meat. Also the cut of meat has a lot to do with how you cook it.

Ribeye or New York Strip are my two favorite pieces to cook. The main thing to remember is that the pan has to be screaming hot and to get a good sear on the outside.
In Texas the only way to eat a steak is medium or for some medium rare. Medium is easiest to cook. When the meat is done you should touch it in the middle and then touch the fatty place on your hand between the thumb and first finger, it should feel the same. That is the perfect medium. That is a restaurant trick a friend of mine showed me and works every time.
Good luck with the steak.

Hugs and enjoy.

Sabby

I don't know what cut I have, I'm just trying the basic tips for now. I cut it myself, though, so they're really thick steaks, but I'm letting them get room temperature, padding out the extra fluid, heating the oven and frying pan so the steak doesn't slowly heat, and searing each side for 3 minutes then putting it in the oven.

I hope it turns out well. I'd love to be able to add steak to my fortnightly shop, but it's always been a terror on my teeth and jaw.

Autumn52

Good luck with the steak, please let us know how it turns out. What are you having with it?

Sabby

Nothing, just experimenting. It still came out tough. I'm a little pissed.

Autumn52

I'm sorry. Try marinating the meat ahead of time. A very simple marinate is:

Steak Marinade:

1/4 Cup Soy Sauce (light sodium)
1/4 Cup Worchestershire Sauce
3 Tbs. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder

Mix everything together and marinade the steak for at least 30 minutes but not more than an hour.
The longer it marinades the stronger the garlic will be.

This helps to tenderize the meat. Good luck next time. Plus some cuts of steak are just tough no matter what you do.

Sabby

Quote from: Xandi on March 06, 2015, 06:54:57 AM
I'm sorry. Try marinating the meat ahead of time. A very simple marinate is:

Steak Marinade:

1/4 Cup Soy Sauce (light sodium)
1/4 Cup Worchestershire Sauce
3 Tbs. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder

Mix everything together and marinade the steak for at least 30 minutes but not more than an hour.
The longer it marinades the stronger the garlic will be.

This helps to tenderize the meat. Good luck next time. Plus some cuts of steak are just tough no matter what you do.

This was topside from my dads farm, if that helps. Thanks for the advice.

Autumn52

I tried a recipe for No Bake Energy Bites today and they are awesome. Elysian gave me the recipe in another thread and so I tried it out today. YUMMY.
On WW it is 3 points for one bite. My brother tried them and he said they taste like a candy bar. I think they kinda taste like cookie dough. Needless to say they are
a whole lot of awesome.

Here is the recipe the way I did it:
No Bake Energy Bites

1 cup dry oatmeal (I used old fashion)
2/3 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup peanut butter (I used chunky but use what you want)
1/2 cup ground flax seed
1/2 cup sugar free chocolate chips (you can substitute crasins or something else you like)
1/3 cup honey (or agave nectar, I used honey)
1 tbs. chia seeds
2 tsp. cinnamon powder
1 tbs. vanilla extract (pure)

Directions:
1. Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed.  I had to use my hands but do what is comfortable for you. Roll into balls, should make 20-25 balls.

2. Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour. Once chilled, put into an airtight container, I used a ziplock baggie. Keep refrigerated.

3 points each on WW.

Here is the finished results:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Autumn52

Here is the taco soup I made for dinner tonight. It is sooo easy and so good. It is weight watcher friendly.

Xandi's Taco Soup
Ingredients:
1 onion (chopped)
1 tsp. minced garlic
6 to 8 oz. ground turkey (I used left over taco meat from taco night)
1 can cream style corn or whole kernel (I used cream style that is what I had)
1 can Rotel (diced green chilies and tomatoes)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can beans your choice (I used northern beans, it is what I had)
1 tsp. ranch dressing mix
1 pack taco seasoning (I had already seasoned the meat so I omitted this)
½ pack fajita seasoning
4 cups chicken stock

Directions:
1. Brown the meat with the onions and garlic.
2. Stir in the seasonings with the chicken stock.
3. Add everything else and let it simmer for at least 30 minutes but up to a couple of hours.

Weight Watcher Points: 8
Serving size: 2 cups
You can garnish with anything you want. I suggest a little sour cream and avocado.
Enjoy.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide