Recip E!s with Despickable & Xandi

Started by Autumn52, July 15, 2010, 10:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn52

I made these spice muffins today. They are delicious and sugar free.

May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Autumn52

Supper for tonight, our favorite soup and corn sticks. My brother brought me a cast iron corn stick pan. Yay for my sweet brother.
Bella is exhausted after all the cooking. She supervises making sure I don't mess anything up. She is also on clean up duty, just in case anything falls on the floor.

May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

blue bunny sparkle

Oh Bella!!!! So cute! So cute!

And the dinner looked amazing too!

You are inspiring me Xandi!

Autumn52

Today's dinner is going to be much better Bunny.

Dinner today is going to be slowly barbequed beef short ribs, (I got those in the crock pot), Potato Salad (done and in the frig.), Baked Beans (in the oven making the house smell divine), and probably some kind of corn casserole, (not sure about this one yet). Now for dessert I was contemplating making an Earthquake Cake but that is on the back burner until I decide about the corn. I will post pictures later today after stuff is done. It is gonna be good, I can smell it cooking and the house smells so good.

Wish you could come over for dinner Bunny.

Lots of Hugs for you.

What you gonna do for dinner?

blue bunny sparkle

Ohhh! I would so love that! I'd bring wine....

Over here, it's Indian Spiced Chicken with Cauliflower over rice (gluten free)

I'm hoping its yummy!

Autumn52

Mmmmm that sounds yummy.

As promised here are the pictures of my dinner tonight.

1. Corn Casserole
2. BBQ Beef Short Ribs (so tender they are coming off the bone)
3. Potato Salad
4. Baked Beans
5. Earthquake Cake

despickable

Just looks so yummy and filling I can taste it in the pictures 

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

Sabby

Cooking this tomorrow.

http://www.kayotic.nl/blog/potato-corn-chicken-soup

Only change to the recipe is I'll be blending half of the soup to thicken and incorporate the other ingredients, while still keeping some of the ingredients whole.

Sabby

I ended up making a triple batch of the soup. I don't know if I miscalculated the increased ingredients or if chicken is really just that bland, but it turned out very plain and underwhelming. So the next day I sauteed two more large onions, boiled 4 more potatoes and 3 more cobs worth of corn kernels and diced and fried 600 grams of bacon, blended the whole mix up three quarters of the bacon, potato and corn and all of the onion and added it into the soup.

Now it's just the right consistency, has plenty of unprocessed ingredients in it and very flavourful. I have a giant witches cauldron of this stuff here.

Autumn52

That sounds really good. I know some of my recipes can not be doubled, it never turns out correct.

I intend to make that soup. Thanks for sharing.

Sabby

Hmmm... trying an experiment.

Chop some sweet potato and normal potato, toss it in a slow cooker with some halved onions and bacon hocks. Blend it all up, keeping about a quarter of the potato cubes and pulled bacon whole, and add it all to a pot of stock.

I've had this blender for weeks now and I haven't even considered the soup possibilities until now. Anyone know any good combinations to try? Chicken, asparagus and mushroom sounds interesting, but possibly bland.

Sabby

Serephino

Sere's Egg Salad

4-6 eggs hard boiled
3tbsp mayo
1tbsp dijon mustard
1tsp onion powder
1tsp pepper
2tsp paprika

Peel and mash the eggs.  Mix in ingredients.  Enjoy!

Autumn52

YUM

I have made cabbage and sausage to serve over rice for dinner tonight.

That egg salad sounds really good. I might have that for lunch tomorrow.

Thank you for sharing recipes. I really enjoy trying new things.

Hugs to all

Sabby

Quote from: Serephino on December 16, 2014, 04:35:18 PM
Sere's Egg Salad

4-6 eggs hard boiled
3tbsp mayo
1tbsp dijon mustard
1tsp onion powder
1tsp pepper
2tsp paprika

Peel and mash the eggs.  Mix in ingredients.  Enjoy!

I have a 500g bag of fried onion here, could always toss a handful or two into it.

Dez

Easiest Homemade Fudge Recipe {Ever!}

3 cups chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk.

Mix chocolate and sweetened condensed milk over low heat in a pan {or a double boiler}.

Line a 9x9 or 8x8 pan with aluminum foil {spray with butter or regular crisco used for cooking}

Pour fudge mixture into the pan, spread evenly and let set. Usually about 24 hours, sometimes less.

Remove from pan and cut into pieces.

Easy, easy, easy. I've already made 3 batches of this and it does NOT last!!!!

despickable

Wistful that sounds yum and easy enough I could male it thanks and thanks to Sabby. Serephino and everyone for continuing the food ideas here.

Merry Christmas to all and celebrate in style

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

Sabby

My brother made me a cake for my birthday.

It was made of a stack of pancakes. Between each layer was crispy and shattered bacon and home made maple syrup whipped cream. He covered it in chocolate and left it in the fridge so everything set, and then cut it into slices. Just the perfect amount of saltiness!

Dez

Creamy, Crockpot Hot Chocolate:

1/2 Cup cocoa powder

1-14 oz. can Sweetened condensed milk

1/8 teaspoon salt

7-1/2 cups cold water

1.5 teaspoons vanilla

Mix cocoa and sweetened condensed milk together until smooth, Add the salt. Gradually begin adding the water, stirring constantly.

The setting can be as follows: 2 hours on high; or 4 hours on low.

Right before serving, add the vanilla and stir. Can add miniature marshmallows to this, but suggest this be done in the cup.

Talk about delicious and creamy! Perfect for those cold winter days.

Sabby

I actually just made a double batch of this with basmati rice. Cooked on high for 7 hours. It's the nicest curry I've ever had.

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/24699/matty-s-chicken-and-mushroom-curry.aspx

Dez

What's basmati rice?

I love curry, too!

Dang, Sabby... we're having homemade pizza for dinner this evening. I make my own crust and he makes the pizza sauce.

I think I might suggest this Chicken and Mushroom Curry for tomorrow's dinner!

Sabby

Basmati has a nicer texture then white or brown. Only rice I eat now. I would suggest replacing thr breast with thigh. Came out sooo tender.

Dez

Baked Apples in the Crock Pot --- talk about yummy!

6-8 medium sized apples --- cored and de-seeded; peeling them is optional.

3/4 C granulated sugar; 1 TBL cinnamon; 1/2 cup raisins; 6-8 TBL butter/margarine (this depends on the amount of apples you use); 1 cup of water.

Place the apples in the crock pot. Mix the sugar, cinnamon and raisins together. Spoon some of that into the cored apples. If you have any left, you can sprinkle that over the apples. Add the water; add 1tbl of butter to the top of the apples.

Cook on high for 2.5 hours or on low for 5 hours.

Can add whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream -- serve warm!!!! Yummy!!!!

@Sabby --- I tried that Basmati rice... don't think I'll ever eat anything else, ever again. Thank you for the suggestion!

Sabby

Quote from: Whimsical on January 18, 2015, 02:46:01 PM
@Sabby --- I tried that Basmati rice... don't think I'll ever eat anything else, ever again. Thank you for the suggestion!

Glad you liked it :) I hope you didn't rinse it though.

Dez

Quote from: Sabby on January 18, 2015, 02:48:30 PM
Glad you liked it :) I hope you didn't rinse it though.

Nope. Didn't rinse it.