Recip E!s with Despickable & Xandi

Started by Autumn52, July 15, 2010, 10:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sybl

Sybil's Chili Recipe

Note:
I use a 7 qt crock pot, to cook after all ingredients are browned together.
To make less, cut the recipe in half. To cook on stove top, once ingredients are
added and mixed, cook in a Dutch oven with lid, on lowest setting
stir often, cook all day. Allow it to cool , set in fridge. Next day, Heat and eat  :)

2 pounds ground beef
1 teaspoon Olive Oil
1 onion chopped
1 green pepper chopped
1 red pepper chopped
1 Tablespoon minced garlic

brown on low to medium flame,
stir often,
add 3 Tablespoons Chili Powder
add 2 large cans dark red kidney beans..Or*2 large cans flavored chili beans.
(Drained/not rinsed)

mix well and add:

3 large Cans diced Tomatoes w/ juice
*Note* (1/2 bottle of Tomato Juice can be used if out of Tomatoes)
1 can stewed tomatoes  w/juice (cut in quarters)

Depending on the amount of spiciness you prefer:
start with 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, mix well.

pour "Chili" into a crock pot and simmer 8 hours on low
*you can add hot sauce to your chili, per bowl as well.

add cubed cheese for extra bonus, and crackers if so desired.

Lady Haven

Paula's Spicy Chili

Ingredients

2 pds Hamburger meat or Beef stew or Chili meat (your choice)

Brown meat. Add roughly chopped onions, bellpepper, garlic and jalapena's. Cook till tender but not mush.  Add your tomato's, spices and beef base or stock. Stir well and cook on med-low for about 2 to 3 hours. Serve hot with crackers and I love lotts of cheese..

2 or 3 meduim onions
2or 3 meduim green bellpeppers
I love garlic so I add till it taste right to me. not over whelming but to each his own.....
Jalapena's (I put 3 to 5, but your choice on how hot you want)
3-28 oz. cans of tomato puree
1-28 oz. can of diced or crushed tomatos
Chili Powder, Salt and Pepper, once again to taste
1 to 2 cups of water w/beef base or beef stock.

Yummmy   :P
Lady Haven's ONs & OFFs Page
Life is like a puzzle, were all little pieces trying to fit in.

despickable

Wow thanks for the recipe I love burgers and these sound yummy. I hope people try them out and let us know what they think. I can make these too and will add my review as soon as I can get all the ingredients

Thanks lady Haven for your contribution to the thread keep them coming please

Thanks Sybil for the chilli I do like a warming up om a wet evening, and seeing I have no female company  this will do thanks.

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

despickable

Ok folks been awhile since I added something here so here is a lttle treat with Christmas coming up always looking out for something festive.

Something for Christmas sent to me to try out I hope to find all ingredients and I hope others here might try it out and let me know how it comes out for you

White Christmas Treats
1 Stick Butter (half cup)
¾ Cups Peanut Butter (creamy)
1 bag of Chocolate Chips (milk chocolate or semi -sweet) (2 Cups)
3 Cups Powdered Sugar
1 large Paper Bag
2 Bags of Chex’s Mix (original)
Melt stick of butter, peanut butter and chocolate chips together. Stir. Remove from heat. Add the Chex Mix stir well until all the mix is coated. It needs to be coated but not too wet. If you need to add more Chex mix you can. Pour the powdered sugar in the paper bag and then add the Chex mix and shake until it is completely coated. Let it sit out and dry completely then store in a Ziploc bag. Eat and enjoy. YUMMY.

Please send me your Christmas treats and hints for the holiday season and Thanks for reading

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

Tamhansen

Well one thing that many cultures enjoy with Christmas is hot cocoa. But honestly, one of the best recipes, albeit one of the most calorie rich ones comes from the home of chocolate makers, Belgium.

I use the metric system, but once I've found a decent conversion method I'll add that archaic  :P imperial measurement as well.

two bars of real dark  chocolate. (not that 55% stuff, a good dark bar would be 72% 85 or 86 is best, but might be to bitter for some)of about 125-150 grams each. (4.5 to 5 ounces each)
75 ml milk, either non fat or 2% (2.5 fluid ounces)
150 ml of double whipped cream. (cans are acceptable, but self made works just a little better.) (5 fluid ounces)

The recipe is quite simple. Heat the milk gently, and when above 50c (122F) start adding the chocolate in small pieces. Keep stirring to avoid clutter. Keep milk below boiling point. When all the chocolate is molten, keep stirring, and add cream a spoonful at a time.

This will end up as a rather rich, thick treat, with a wonderful taste. Especially important is the quality of the chocolate of course, not so much the price, but rather the richness of flavor.

ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

despickable

Thanks Katataban I love dark chocolate and the quality stuff too.

I use metric so happy to see someone else who knows it. But seeing we have others here from other countries i always like to put both forms of measurements on the recipes.

I hope to try my hand at your treat and i also hope other readers give it a try and let us know how it panned out.

Happy eating everyone

Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

despickable

With Christmas almost feast time I hope dear readers you have a recipe to send along to share here as I love to see what other people like to have at Christmas.
Please send them along here.

I also wondered what Bear claws are and so i found this little recipe to add to the post. It's something unknown to the Aussie tradition but they sound divine. Please enjoy the recipe below I got it from www.cooks.com

ALMOND BEAR CLAWS   
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup orange marmalade
1/4 cup raisins
2 (12 oz.) cans refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits

Preheat oven to 375°F.

Grease a large cookie sheet. In small bowl, combine cream cheese, marmalade and raisins; blend well. Separate dough into 20 biscuits. Press or roll each biscuit to a 4-inch circle.

Spoon 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture on center of 10 of the biscuits; top with remaining biscuits. Press edges with fork to seal; cut five 1/2-inch slits, 1 inch apart,around 1 side of each biscuit to resemble a bear claw.

Topping:

1/4 cup sliced almonds
2 tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup orange juice

In small bowl, combine almonds and sugar. Dip top of each biscuit in orange juice; sprinkle with almond mixture. Place biscuits on greased cookie sheet.

Bake at 375°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Serving Size: 10

I'm calling my mum I have to get her to make some for Christmas

Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

Tamhansen

With the New year arriving, and the new years celebration coming, I figured i could share the traditional new year's treat of the Low countries, although honestly you see them year round hear.

They bear the very imaginative name of Oliebollen, which translates into Oil balls, because well they're balls fried in oil.

Ok for the ingredients

1 kilo plain flower (2.2 pounds)
1 liter water lukewarm (2.2 pints)
20 grammes of salt (0.7 ounces)
50 grammes Sugar (1.75 ounces)
80 grammes of fresh yeast (2.9 ounces) can use baking powder instead, but use about the same weight.
10 grammes of cinnamon (0.35 ounces)
A few drops of lemon juice
250 grammes of raisins or sultanas (half a pound) These are optional really, but most people agree it tastes better.

Preperation:
Remember to use a relatively large bowl, as the batter will rise as a mother.. It can end up twice the volume you start with.
1) Mix the yeast into the water, when using baking powder skip this step
2) Add the flower sugar, salt and lemon juice. (and baking powder if not using yeast) and mix to a smooth batter, make sure not to leave any lumps.
3) Add the cinnamon and the raisins or sultanas and mix again keeping the batter smooth.
4) Cover the bowl with a wet cloth, and leave to set on a warm place for about 45 min

Actual baking

Use fresh oil preferably Arachid (peanut) or Coconut, but really anything you use in a frying pan works. remember this batter will draw in the taste of the oil so used oil will ruin the taste.

heat the oil to 180 degrees centigrade, or 355 fahrenheit. Then with an ice cream scooper gently drop in the batter a few scoops at a time, make sure to wait a few seconds after each ball so they don't merge. They should be ready in about 6 minutes each. You can use a spoon instead of a scooper, but it will take a bit of practice to get em round.

Finishing.

Once done, put them on a plate, or in a bowl or basket, remember to cover it with tissue paper or so first as there will be grease residue. Finally you can top it off with powdered sugar to get something like this.

ons and offs

Serephino

Irish Cream Fudge

1 1/2c chocolate chips]
1/2c white chips
2tbsp butter
1/2c Irish Cream
1 1/2c powdered sugar

Melt butter in sauce pan and mix in Irish Cream.  Add chocolate, and stir constantly until chocolate is melted and smooth.  Remove from heat and stir in powdered sugar. 

Pour mixture into greased shallow 8" pan.  Chill until firm.

despickable

Welcome back folks Xandi is back and I hope to link up again here with her for some of our silly banter.
She sent me a couple of cornbread recipes so I have added them here.
If you have any recipes of any sort you would like to add please feel free to do so

Thanks to Serephino for your contribution and please keep them coming.

One more thing, please support the Elliqury herald, read the paper and see a mentor if you would like to contribute articles etc. It's a great little read and a chance to express yourself in other ways than just posting in threads

Broccoli Cheese Cornbread

2 packets of cornbread mix (6.5 oz. each)
2 eggs
10 oz frozen broccoli *partially steamed and then squeezed so you get all the extra water out of it*
1- 8 oz. cottage cheese
1 small onion minced

Put 2 tablespoons of butter into an iron large skillet and put in the oven while it heats up. 350*.
Mix all the ingredients together. Do not over mix, mix just until all ingredients are combined. Put into a large iron skillet and bake for 25 minutes or until nice and golden brown on top.

Jalapeno Cheese Cornbread

2 packages of cornbread mix (6.5 oz each)
2 eggs
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup chopped pickled Jalapenos
1/2 cup minced onions
1/2 cup to 1 cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese *or your favorite cheese*

Heat the oven to 350*. Put a heavy iron skillet into the oven with 2 tablespoons of butter in the pan to melt while you are mixing the cornbread.

Mix the cornbread mix with the eggs and milk. Add the other ingredients and mix. Do not over mix, just mix until it is combined. Pour into hot iron skillet and back for 25 to 30 minutes until it is golden brown. *be careful not to add to much cheese it will make the bread gummy*

Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

despickable

This was sent to me by the lovely Sybil and it is pure evil chocolate decadence. yummy

The Chocolate Decadence*

Submitted by:  Sybl

Serves 10-16

Ingredients

Sure to please the true chocolate lover inside you

16 squares bittersweet chocolate(1 oz)

1/2 cup + 2 tbs butter

4 eggs

1 tbs white sugar, granulated

1 tbs all-purpose flour

Procedure

1) preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degreesC)
      grease and flour an 8 inch round pan
    2) In the top of a double boiler, melt chocolate and butter
        Stir until smooth and remove from heat.
    3) In a separate bowl over bowling water, whisk eggs
       and sugar until light and lemon colored. Remove from heat
       and fold in the flour. Mix 1/4 of the egg mixture into the chocolate
       Pour remaining egg mixture into chocolate and quickly fold until no
       more streaks appear.  Pour in the prepared pan.
    4) Bake at 400 degrees F/or 200 degrees C, for 15 minutes
      This will be soft and appear under-baked.  Allow to cool before removing from pan

If desired, melt sweet dark chocolate or milk chocolate and drizzle over cooled decadence.   serve with real whipped cream or true butter cream frosting decoration or

Chocolate Ganache
    Ingredients

9 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
        1 cup heavy cream

Directions

Place the chocolate into a medium bowl. Heat the cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil, watching very carefully because if it boils for a few seconds, it will boil out of the pot. When the cream has come to a boil, pour over the chopped chocolate, and whisk until smooth. Stir in the rum if desired.
        Allow the ganache to cool slightly before pouring over a cake. Start at the center of the cake and work outward. For a fluffy frosting or chocolate filling, allow it to cool until thick, then whip with a whisk until light and fluffy.

OOh that is just pure chocolate yumminess. I hope I can get someone to help me make it. Please let me know people if you try it and let us know how it turned out

Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

Serephino

Herbed Dijon Chicken

1/2c dijon mustard
1/2c white wine vinegar
2tbsp onion powder
1tsp garlic
1/2tsp rosemary

Mix ingredients and pour over chicken in baking dish.  Bake at 350 until done.

Tamhansen

Well a variation on a very famous chocolate cake recipe, it consists of four different parts.

Part 1 the cake.

8 oz (225 g) dark semisweet chocolate (40-50% cocoa)
2/3 cup (140 g) butter
1 cup (210 g) sugar
4 eggs
4 heaped tablespoons (1 dl) all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1½ teaspoon baking powder or 1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons sour cream

Preheat oven to 350 deg F (Gas mark 4 or 180 deg C)
Line a circular 10 inch (25 cm) cake tin (3 inches tall) with grease proof or other non-stick paper and grease the tin. (Please note that the cake will rise to 3 inches and collapse somewhat when cooled. If your cake tin is less than 10 inches wide and 3 inches tall we recommend that you use two cake tins.)
Break the chocolate into small pieces and melt it with butter over hot water.
Beat the eggs with sugar, mix with flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and vanilla extract.
Slowly fold in the melted butter and chocolate and the sour cream.
Bake at 350 degrees until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, approximately 40 to 50 minutes (if using 2 cake tins 20-30 minutes may be sufficient).
Cool the cake completely. When it has obtained room temperature place it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before removing the cake from the tin (the cake is sticky and difficult to cut when it is warm!) Remove the crusted surface on the top of the cake, and cut in half, horizontally.

Part 2 the Ice cream.
For those of you without an Ice cream maker or a lot of patience, it may be easier to just buy some. But there are some nice methods to make nice Ice cream. Some of those can be found here.

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Ice-Cream

Part 3 The whip topping.

2/3 cup (1.6 dl) heavy cream or whipping cream
9 oz (260 g) semisweet chocolate (40-50% cocoa)

Heat 2/3 cup (1.6 dl) of heavy cream or whipping cream in a sauce pan.
Remove from heat, add 9 oz (260 g) of finely chopped dark semisweet chocolate, stir until smooth, and let it cool until in thickens.
Use one 1/3 of the frosting between the two layers, 1/3 on top, and the rest around the cake. Put the cake into the fridge for one hour or more to harden the frosting.
This cake should have room temperature when served.

Part 4 The chocolate syrup

1 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 cups sugar, or Splenda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups cold water
1 tablespoon vanilla

Whisk together cocoa, sugar and salt.
Whisk in cold water
Cook over medium-low heat, whisking to combine, until thickened
Let cool
Add vanilla

Now once you have prepared all four parts, the last bit will be adding them together. Take a slice of the cake, and place it on a saucer or a plate. Put a scoop of the chocolate on top of it. Drizzle some of the sauce over it, and finally add the chocolate whip cream. Bon Apetit.
ons and offs

Serephino

Rigatoni and Meatballs

Meatballs;

1lb ground beef
10 saltine crackers crushed
1 egg
tbsp onion powder
2tsp garlic
1tsp each; white pepper, basil, marjoram, sage

Combine ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly with your hands.  Roll into balls and place in baking dish.

Sauce;

2 28oz cans tomato sauce
2 envelopes Good Seasons Italian dressing mix.

Mix sauce and seasoning in saucepan, and heart until warm.  Pour over meatballs, and bake at 350 about 45 mins.  Serve over cooked rigatoni (or other pasta)

despickable

Thanks Serephino and Katatban  for the great little re-pastes Love when people this community share their recipes here. Keep them coming

I have a pasta one to add soon . Please keep all the great menus coming

Sorry for late replies, but much appreciated the contributions

Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

Autumn52

Those recipes sound yummy. I have never thought of using Italian dressing mix for a sauce and that sounds so good. I can't wait to try it.

o.o OMG Cake and Ice cream all in one dessert. I think I am in love. Thanks for the recipe. I am excited to try it out.

Hugs to all and keep the yumminess coming.

May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Serephino

Honey Vanilla Pork Chop Marinade

1/2c honey
3tbsp white vinegar
1tbsp vanilla extract
1 1/2tsp cumin
2tsp basil

Autumn52

Was just wondering if anyone had a good recipe for peanut butter fudge? I would like it to be as easy as possible. I would be so grateful. *smiles*
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

Anesa

This is my mom's recipe, Xandi. 

Peanut Butter Fudge

2 cups white sugar
2 Tablespoons butter (real or tubbed, doesn't matter)
3/4 cup milk
4 Tablespoons peanut butter

Add sugar, butter and milk in cast iron skillet (or tall pot).  Cook on medium to medium high until it reaches soft ball stage.
(Soft ball is when you drizzle mixture from a spoon into a small cup of cold water. It will form into a soft ball that you can roll with your finger).  Don't over cook soft ball stage or you will have hard fudge.

Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until melted and mixture is smooth.  Pour right away into a 9" buttered pan.
Let cool, cut into squares.  Enjoy!!!

Autumn52

Thanks Camille. I can't wait to try it.

Tricia

Ok soooo I will try to explain this one as best as I can, I hope that it makes sense!

Ingredients for 4:

~  1000g green beans

~  1000g potatoes

~  4 carrots

~  2 big oranges

~  1 can of tuna

~  Green olives

~  Olive oil

~  Vinegar (this one only if you like it)

~  Salt

Steps:

~  Cook green beans with the carrots in a pot for 15 minutes or until they get soft. Then let them drain.

~  In another pot, cook the potatoes without peeling them yet for 20-25 minutes or until they get soft. Let them get cold and then peel them.

~  In a big salad bowl add a layer of sliced potatoes, salt, oil and vinegar.

~  In the same salad bowl, add another layer of green beans and sliced carrots.

~  Again in the same salad bowl, add pieces of oranges, green olives, olive oil, salt and vinegar.

~  Rinse and repeat!

~  Serve cold if desired and enjoy!

Sybl

Easy Cheesecake

Makes 8 servings.

Crust and topping:
    1-1/3 cups fine graham cracker crumbs
    1/4 cup finely crushed walnuts
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
    Filling:
    2 eggs, well-beaten
    16 ounces soft cream cheese (not whipped)
    1 cup sugar
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/2 teaspoon almond extract
    2 cups sour cream

Combine crust ingredients and press into a 9-inch pie pan, reserving 3 tablespoons for topping. Combine all filling ingredients except sour cream, beating until smooth. Fold in sour cream. Pour into crust, sprinkle with topping, and bake at 375 degrees F for about 35 minutes, until set. Chill for 4 to 5 hours.

Very good I made it this weekend and gave most of it away.  :-)

despickable

Thanks to Tricia and Sybil for your recipes  so many fabulous cooks here. No wonder i am putting on the pounds Lol. I thank you all for the fine food 

Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

Tamhansen

Creme Bavarois. (Bavarian cream)

A traditional french dessert. Nice and creamy, especially nice when accompanied by red fruit like strawberries and raspberries.

Ingredients.

11 grammes (0.338 ounces) of gelatine (sheets) (Vegetarians can use Pectine instead, but remember pectine is somewhat stronger)
2 eggs, with the yolks separated from the egg whites.
1 1/2 tablespoon of custardpowder
85 grammes (3 ounces) of refined sugar.
6 grammes (0.2 ounces) of vanilla sugar
3.5 dl (12 fluid ounces) of milk
2.5 dl (8.4 fluid ounces) of whipped cream.

preparing the dish.

Soak the gelatine sheets, or pectine in cold water. Meanwhile take 2 tablespoons of milk, the egg yolks and the custard powder, and mix it together. Heat the rest of the milk till it just starts to boil. take a few tablespoons from the boiling milk, and mix is into the mixture of eggs. Then add the mixture into the rest of the milk. boil for 30 seconds and remove from the heat source. 

take the gelatine from the water, and squeeze gently to remove excess fluid. Add the gelatine the sugar and vanilla sugar to the mixture bit by bit, and stir till fully dissolved.

Then whip the cream, and whip the egg whites separately, then add the whip cream through the mixture, making sure to keep it all fluffy. Then add the egg whites, keeping it fluffy still. Then put it all in to a cold bowl. Cover this with plastic foil, and let stiffen in the fridge for three hours or more.

Serving.
You could serve the cream as is. Or for maximum effect add fresh fruit. Nearly any fruit goes with Bavaroise. forest fruits, banana, lemon, orange. Whatever floats your boat.
Another nice tip is to not let it stiffen in a bowl, but instead use a baking tin, and cover the bottom of said tin with savoiardi (ladyfingers)
ons and offs

Lady Haven

Hello Despickable & Xandi,
I love Pasta and am always trying to find different ways to prepare it. A friend gave me her Pasta Salad Recipe and of course I put my twist to it and it taste great or so I'm told... :-) This makes alot but I never have leftovers..

First bring to boil about 12 cups of water. Add about 2 to 4 cups of pasta, and I like to use the colored cork or bowties. Just makes it different...Cool

INGREDIENTS:

2 lbs of chicken breast or tenderloin,  cut up to bit size, season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and a little red pepper for a kick and browned till done..Let COOL....
2 to 4 cups of pasta or more depends on you
1 lg can pitted black olive, cut them up.
1 lg jar or can of whole or sliced mushrooms
3 to 6 carrots, peeled or grated, I use the peeler to shave my carrots.
1/2 to 1 cup of red onion
1 lg bell pepper, sliced thin
1 to 2 cans of chick peas
1 to 2 cups of shredded cheese, I like to use the multi blend of cheese.
3 to 6 slices of bacon, this is optional.

DRESSING:
1/2 to 1 cup of mayo, eye ball it.
1/2 to 1 cup of Italian Dressing (a good one)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Mix your dressing in large bowl add all your ingredients and set in fridge till cold and serve..

PS: I am not real big on measuring my ingredients so you should just add less or more of what you like. You can't go wrong with a good Pasta Salad.. Once again thanks for having this thread..I don't get on E!! often but I always come a check out this recipe thread.. Love you guys

Lady Haven's ONs & OFFs Page
Life is like a puzzle, were all little pieces trying to fit in.