Recip E!s with Despickable & Xandi

Started by Autumn52, July 15, 2010, 10:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RP7466

oh yeah I make a good breakfast sausage, and summer sausage is a holiday favorite.

My two favorite meals are venison tenderloins we cut out the day of the kill and walleye cooked on a campfire (shore lunch).

The most tender portion of the tenderloins can be cut out without even skinning the deer. Look into the cavity and look for two small strips of meat running along the underside of the back towards the rear of the deer. Use your fingers wherever possable to just pull the meat away, using a knife to just loosen them, slicing as you pull. I'm working on the recipe writing, most of mine I eyeball and measure to taste so keep that in mind when you read my recipes.

This is a simple venison recipe, not fancy but very good.

2 Venison tenderloins
2 chopped onions
1 chopped green Pepper
1 tub Mushrooms
1/4 tsp Minced not granulated Garlic
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
2 TBSP Olive oil
1 heaping TBSP Butter
(Replace butter and oil with bacon grease, not healthy but very good)

Melt the butter in a pan and add the olive oil
combine the garlic, onion and green pepper and mushrooms and saute
Add the meat and cook through
add salt and pepper to taste

goes great with perogies

I have other recipes, I just need to figure out measurements.
"It's my only politics... anti-wife. Any woman who devotes herself to making one man miserable instead of a lot of men happy don't get my vote"

John Wayne as Sam McCord

RP7466

RP's Pickled whitefish (or herring, or whatever you have)

This one is sweet and good on crackers,

Boil this mixture for 5 minutes
3 cups sugar
6 cups white vinegar
4 bay leaves
1 tsp whole cloves
1 tsp whole cloves
1 tsp whole allspice
3 tsp whole mustard seed
1 1/2 tsp peppercorns
6 or 7 red bell pepper slices

Cool to room temperature

add:

2 cups wine
2 sliced onions
1 sliced lemon

put raw fish into jars with this solution and age minimum 10 days. refrigerate and serve with crackers.

"It's my only politics... anti-wife. Any woman who devotes herself to making one man miserable instead of a lot of men happy don't get my vote"

John Wayne as Sam McCord

Autumn52

Thanks RP for the recipes they sound good. I loved pickled anything usually. Thanks again and keep em coming.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Autumn52

Hey everyone I made a pretty good dinner last night and I wanted to share it with you. It is easy and delicious.

Roast with gravy

Ingredients:
3 pound Chuck Roast (boneless)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can of mushrooms pieces and stems (15oz size)
1 package of Lipton Onion soup mix (dry)
2 cups of beef broth or stock

Instructions:
mix all the previous ingredients in the bowl of your crockpot cooker. You need a large cooker. After everything is mix put the meat in, the juice should cover the meat. Turn it on Medium and leave it for 6 to 8 hours.

Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Ingredients:
6 large russet potatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds)
Peel and cut the potatoes up.

After the peels are removed wash the potatoes then cut them into 8ths. Just make sure that the pieces are about the same size so that they cook evenly. Start them in cold water and when the water comes to a boil put a healthy dose of salt into the water and stir. Cook potatoes until fork tender. That means that you can push a fork in and out easily. Once they are done drain them. Put them aside for a few minutes.

In a small sauce pan melt 1/2 stick of butter and add 3 garlic cloves. Peel the garlic and smash it with the back of your knife but don't chop it up. You will want to fish out the garlic pieces later. When you add the garlic add 1/2 cup of milk. When the milk begins to simmer not boil take it off the heat and fish out the garlic cloves, they can be discarded now. Take your milk and butter and add it slowly into the potatoes until they are the consistency that you like. Be sure to add more salt and pepper to taste.

I have a steamer so I steamed broccoli. I simply begin my steamer with salty water and then place the frozen broccoli crowns in. I steam them for about 8 minutes and turn it off. The broccoli is done and you can serve it simply with butter and salt or with a cheese sauce.

I also made some Yellow Squash:

1 Package 16 oz. size frozen yellow squash.
6 slices of thin cut bacon (Cut into small pieces)
1/2 of a large onion (diced small)
In a large skillet render the fat from the bacon. When the bacon pieces are crisp add in the onion and allow it to caramelize slightly. This will take about 10 minutes on medium heat. Add the squash into the onion and bacon with 1/2 cup of chicken stock or water if you don't have stock. Add salt and pepper to taste and let the squash cook until they are tender but not mushy. This can go fast so keep an eye on it.

The meat has the most scrumptious gravy that is wonderful with the mashed potatoes and some rolls or biscuits would be divine to eat with this meal.

I hope you guys will try this cause it is easy, the meat is tender and the veggies are yummy. This is one of those meals that can't go wrong. If you don't like broccoli feel free to substitute your favorite veggie. Main thing is enjoy.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

despickable

Thanks Xandi for the tasty treat. It looks easy enough for this little ducky to try out with success. I am currently on all fours on the kitchen floor fishing out the crock pot in the cupboard under the sink.
Well my Sunday meal looks set and with the leftovers i should be right for Monday too.

Please folks give it a try i hope I can review shortly and let you know how I went with it.

Now DD and I will be here in a day or so with our next addition. I managed to get away from them two ladies DD and Xandi long enough to get my breath back. They are exhausting phew!

I will be adding a recipe I found for an Aussie original, Damper and the second most popular dessert/cake treat behind pavlova, my view anyway, the mighty treat Lamingtons.
Anyway I will be back with that and whatever DD and whoever else has in store to add later.

The girls are calling me back in. They spotted me on all fours and well...be back soon

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

despickable

With the ladies currently unwell i have decided to add these Aussie favorites now and hopefully DD will be around later to add her own things to it.

Here in Australia we just celebrated Easter and ANZAC day a link below explains it better than i can. It isn't a celebration of War but the freedom we have to live the lives we do and I know that these guys, we call the Diggers, didn't volunteer for the role but did it proudly for us and we are grateful. Click on the link under the article from Wikipedia for the recipe for Anzac biscuits.

Below two Aussie favorites an a little history. I like to teach a little as well as fill your bellies.

Aussie food

Australian Damper

In colonial Australia, stockmen developed the technique of making damper out of necessity. Often away from home for weeks, with just a camp fire to cook on and only sacks of flour as provisions, a basic staple bread evolved. It was originally made with flour and water and a good pinch of salt, kneaded, shaped into a round, and baked in the ashes of the campfire or open fireplace. It was eaten with pieces of fried dried meat, sometimes spread with golden syrup, but always with billy tea or maybe a swig of rum.
During colonial times it was a staple food in the bush because the dry ingredients could be easily carried and they only needed to add water to make the damper.

Damper is traditionally a simple Australian unleavened bread baked in the hot coals of a campfire. The dough was wrapped around a stick and cooked or put into an iron pot and buried in the hot coals
The bread is called damper because the fire is damped to allow the bread to be cooked over the ash covered hot coals.
The original version had no sugar or butter and used water instead of milk so it was great on trips
Today Australians buy their bread from pastry shops or the grocery store. However, when there's an informal party you'll often find damper served somewhere on the table.
Modern version to bake in the oven or try on a campout.
Ingredients
2 teaspoon butter
½  teaspoon salt
1-1½  cups  milk
2  teaspoon sugar
2  cups  self-raising flour
extra flour as needed

Method
1.   Mix the flour, salt and sugar together into a bowl.
2.   Cut in the butter until fine crumbs form.
3.   Add milk slowly and mix to form a soft dough.
4.   Knead lightly on a floured board until smooth.
5.   Shape into a round loaf, brush with milk and cut a cross in the top surface of the dough.
. . .  For oven cooking
6.   Grease and dust with flour a round cake tin. You can substitute a flat baking pan, but the round tin gives a better shape to the loaf.
7.   Place dough in the pan and bake at 190° C (375° F)
for 30 - 40 minutes.
. . .  For campfire cooking
6.   Grease the camp oven (Dutch oven) and dust with flour
7.   Add bread dough and cover.
8.   Place in your campfire, cover with hot ashes and coals and bake for about 30 minutes.
Note: to test if it's done, tap on the loaf and it should sound hollow. Cut into moderately thick slices and serve while still warm. Top with butter, golden syrup, or your favourite jam.

Lamingtons

These are the most orginial treat and popular cake in Australia. The Pavlova is more a special occasion favorite but the lamington is an all round treat. There are many ways to make them with cream inside, you slice a piece to open them and put the whipped cream  in it. Others have been made with a pink icing and other colours, but below is the traditional way. Like anything on here, you can add what you like to things.
Lamingtons Ingredients
Preparation time: day 1, 15 minutes; day 2, 30 minutes
Cooking time:18 minutes
Makes 15 lamingtons

For the sponge cake
- 3 tablespoons self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 3 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons boiling water

For the chocolate icing
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 3/4 cups desiccated coconut
How to Cook the Lamingtons
1 Preheat the oven to 160°C. Lightly grease a deep 28 x 18 cm lamington pan with melted butter and line the base and sides of the pan with nonstick baking paper, allowing a 5 cm overhang (this makes it easier to remove the sponge from the pan).

2 Sift the two flours and cornflour together. Repeat the sifting process five times (this will aerate the flour thoroughly).

3 Using an electric mixer, whisk the eggs and salt in a large mixing bowl for 6 minutes, or until pale and thick. Gradually add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, whisking until the mixture is thick and the sugar is dissolved.

4 Sift the combined flour mixture over the egg mixture. Add the boiling water and gently fold in until the batter is just combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for 15–18 minutes, or until cooked through when tested with a skewer. Allow the cake to cool completely in the pan. Cover with foil and stand overnight.

5 Lift the cake from the pan. Trim the edges and cut the sponge into 5 cm squares.

To make the chocolate icing, sift the icing sugar and cocoa powder into a medium heatproof bowl. Stir in the boiling water and mix well to combine.

6 Place the coconut in a medium bowl. Using two forks, dip the sponge squares, one at a time, into the warm icing and then roll in the coconut. (If the icing begins to thicken, place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and stir until it is warm and thin again.)

7 Place the lamingtons on a wire rack lined with nonstick baking paper for 1 hour to set.
A handy hint: The sponge cake will be firmer and easier to handle if you make it the day before you assemble the lamingtons. The finished lamingtons can be stored overnight, standing on baking paper, in airtight containers.

After all this readers you have tasted a bit of Australia and if you want a bit of Aussie in you. See me afterwards lol.

I hope that these little treats tickle your taste buds please let me know how they went. As we say here in OZ  ‘ave a go mate.

Hope to Xandi back on her feet and doing well real soon. And also the Delectable DD who is also have a spate of illness and operations too. The two lovelies are missed here and i am a little lost without them. Get well soon girls

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anzac_Day

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

Tamhansen

As promissed Xandi, it's my Marsala chicken recipe.

Warning, when I say this is spicy, I'm not kidding. This is not Thai restaurant hot. It's actually hot.

recipe is for six, be sure to scale down for smaller parties (especially the peppers)

1 kilo, or 2,2Lbs of fresh chicken. (I tend to use either drumsticks or fillet of breast, but any chicken will work as long as it's cut up

200 grammes of madamme Jeanette peppers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madame_Jeanette the yellow ones or the hottest, worse than habaneros

remove seeds unless you're up for really really hot.

4 tablespoons of Marsala (vindaloo works fine if you add a bit of currypowder)

four big potatoes cut to bitesize

oil or butter to fry the chicken in

water.

Recipe is simple, but takes time to do well.

heat the oil and start cooking the chicken at a rather high temperature for about ten minutes. Put on low fire, and add the peppers five more minutes then add water till the chicken is halfway covered, and let it simmer with the lid on.  After 20 minutes  add the potatoes and the masala, keep simmering, remember to keep from cooking dry. After about an hour more it's basically done, but traditionally you now put the pan away and let everything stand for 24 hours beforereheating and eating.

Serve with white rice, and maybe a sweet side dish to take the edge off.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

despickable

I thank Katataban for his recipe and i hope people will try it and let me know how it works out.

I have been told that Roast Beetroot is a popular meal and worthy to give a try. Does anyone have a recipe that you have tried for this i have seen three and will add them at some time soon, but happy to see what reader's can offer her.

DD will be back with us soon and we look forward to seeing what she has to bring to the table. I am sure it will be yummy.

In my next full post I will also be handing out a few handy hints and another recipe. Till then please folks send me in your tasty morsels

Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

Autumn52

Just thought I would drop off this easy blueberry muffin recipe.

Blueberry Muffins

Ingredients:
1 cup of Milk
1 egg
1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
2 cups Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 Cup of Fresh blueberries

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F or (205 C).
Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
In a large bowl, stir together milk, egg, and oil. Add flour, baking powder, sugar, and after all the ingredients thus far are mixed then gently add in the blueberries. Gently mix the batter with as few strokes as possible. Spoon into cup liners.
Bake for 20 minutes. Serve Hot.

Tips:
If the blueberries are frozen defrost all the way and then let them sit on a tea towel or something in a single layer to dry a little. Toss the desired amount of blueberries in a little flour to just dust them so that they wont turn your batter purple and they wont sink to the bottom. Add the blueberries last after everything has been mixed. Then just fold them in with as few strokes as possible.

Enjoy. This recipe is also available on Allrecipes.com. It is one of my favorites, It is sooo easy. Enjoy.

Captain Maltese

So... I made those muffins. Had some blueberries from last autumn in the freezer. I ended up with 22 forms; not all made it to the picture and there's fewer left now. i can report that they are yummy.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Autumn52

Captain I am glad to see you enjoyed the muffin recipe. I got a Red Velvet Cake recipe from Lady Haven and I thought I would post it here since I plan on making it tonight or tomorrow. I will post pictures of it if I can.

SOUTHERN RED VELVET CAKE

Ingredients
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
1 cup buttermilk, at rm temp.
2 lg eggs, at rm temp.
2 Tbs. red food coloring (1 ounce)
1 tsp white distilled vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract

Direction
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil and flour pan or pans. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. in another large bowl, whisk together the oil, buttermilk, eggs, food coloring, vinegar, and vanilla. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined and a smooth batter is formed. Put in cake pan of your choose. Bake for about 30 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean. Cool for about 10 minutes then remove from pans, if necessary. Let cool completely. Frost and serve.

Frosting
1- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
4 cups confectioners' sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, (1/2 cup), softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
Mix ingredients together. Top with Pecans is optional.

Autumn52

Well here it is the final product, Southern Red Velvet Cake. It was really really good and I recommend everyone to try this one out. I got a recipe from Ryven this morning for a Bread Pudding that I will be trying out next. Plus I have been hankering to make a Black Forrest Cake. I will let you know how they come out. Yay for Baking.

Ramster

Leave not a piss untaken, nor a Michael unappropriated.
A/As!!!
Knight of the Order of the Pizza

Nulla gratuitas sine anchoa

Autumn52

Today a friend of mine and I made these wonderful recipes. Ryven's Raspberry Bread Pudding (Recipe can be found: Journal of a Poor Culinary Student:Photos

Next we have the Blueberry Muffins which I already gave you the recipe for a few post back.

Lastly we have Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
2 cups AP flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup butter flavored Crisco
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda.

Beat the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Beat in one egg until completely incorporated. Beat in the last egg along with the vanilla. Mix in the flour mixture until just incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips; mix just until evenly combined.

Drop by heaping teaspoons onto baking sheets that have been sprayed with non stick spray.

Baking time depends on the size of the cookies you make. Between 9 and 18 minutes just keep an eye on them. When the tops are cracked and the cookies are set, they are done.

Everything was really really good. The cookies are crisp on the outside and moist and gooey on the inside. The blueberry muffins are not to sweet. The bread pudding was wonderful. I put a scoop of vanilla ice cream on it while still hot and had it that way. YUMMY. I hope you will enjoy these recipes as much as me.

A Big Thank You to Ryven for giving me the Bread pudding recipe

Autumn52

I got a great potato soup recipe from Ryven today and I mixed his recipe with mine and came out with this. It is wonderful. The best I have ever made. I will be making it like this from now on. Here is the recipe I used:

Potato Soup

Ingredients:
1 bunch of Green Onions (cut up)
1/2 of a large white onion (or one whole medium onion)
8 med size potatoes (diced into med. cubes)
4 cups of Chicken Stock (I bought the Kitchen Basics Chicken Stock that comes in the Carton)
1 Tbs. Garlic minced
1/2 tsp. celery salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. Salt
1 large bay leaf
1/2 cup of butter
1/2 cup flour
4 cups whole milk (or 2 cups whole milk and 2 cups half and half)

Directions:
Cut up your potatoes and put them in a large pot cover them with the chicken stock and boil. While the potatoes are boiling cut up your onions both kinds. Melt a couple of tbs. of butter in a saute pan with a lid and add your cut up onions to the pan on medium heat. Cover and let sweat. After about 3 minutes add the garlic and recover. Test your potatoes with a fork and when they are about 1/2 done or slightly fork tender add the onions and spices to the pot and stir. Put the rest of the butter in the saute pan you used for the onions and melt it. Add the flour to make a roux. Cook the flour for a minute or two just to cook out that raw flour taste then add about a cup of the milk so that it is pourable. Pour the roux and the remaining milk into the pot and stir well. Cook for about 20 or 30 minutes until the potatoes are very tender and it is nice and creamy. Eat and enjoy.

despickable

Thanks to Xandi for the great food on displayed here. And to Ryven for his contributions to through Xandi. The Captain also your recipe is more than welcome. I have a small contribution to add the subject today is Beetroot. Desires will be along to add some further to this but right now I add this one below.

I have always like baked potato done in the silver foil. The split down the center filled with either sour cream or grated cheese, okay both. But I heard that beetroot can also been done this way. I will add one of those baked ones later but here is below a recipe I found on the net that is for roasted beetroot, and hope you, dear readers will try it for yourselves
Two others will follow later but this one is a great treat and can be a side dish or main

Roasted beetroot with soured cream & horseradish

Preparation Time
5 minutes
Cooking Time
60 minutes
Ingredients (serves 8)
·   8 medium (about 1.2kg) beetroots, washed, ends trimmed
·   2 tbs olive oil
·   Salt & freshly ground black pepper
·   235g (1 cup) sour cream
·   2 tbs creamed horseradish

Method
1.   Preheat oven to 220°C. Place the beetroot in a large saucepan, cover with plenty of cold water and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 20 minutes or until slightly tender. Drain well. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Wearing rubber gloves to avoid staining your hands, peel the beetroot.
2.   Place the beetroot in a small roasting pan. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until tender.
3.   Combine the sour cream and horseradish in a small bowl. Serve the warm beetroot with sour cream mixture.
Notes
·   You can prepare this recipe to the end of step 1 up to 2 hours ahead. Cover with plastic wrap and store at room temperature. Continue from step 2 up to 1 hour ahead.
Source Good Taste May 2005, Page 51 Recipe by Louise Pickford

catch ya soon

Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

Ramster

My Hungarian grandfather would have loved that recipe - he loved anything with beetroot, horseradish, and/or sour cream. Here's a simple and tasty recipe I learned from him:

Rakott Krumpli (Hungarian potato casserole)

Ingredients:

Lots of potatoes
About 6 eggs, maybe more
Lots and lots of sour cream

Boil and slice the potatoes and eggs. Make layers in a large bowl of potato and hard boiled egg slices, covering each layer with sour cream and salt and pepper to taste. Make sure the top layer is of potato slices, covered with sour cream again. Bake at medium heat in the oven till the top turns dark golden brown. I like this recipe with crisp bacon bits, and/or rocket and tomato salad. It works well with sliced garlic sausage added, too.

Leave not a piss untaken, nor a Michael unappropriated.
A/As!!!
Knight of the Order of the Pizza

Nulla gratuitas sine anchoa

despickable

Thanks Ramster.

I found this on the internet and my love of kit kat i just had to share it.

Kit Kat Pie
Ingredients:

Pie Shell

1.5 Quarts Dreyer’s Fat Free Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
    4 Kit Kat candy bars (16 individual bars – you can use the Fun/Snack size Kit Kats as well, but will need 16 packs of those since they are roughly equivalent to one bar each)
    Kahlua

Directions:

Bake Pie Crust in your standard 9″ pie dish

If the crust puffs up, pierce the bubble and allow steam to escape, after a few minutes gently press it back down
    Allow the frozen yogurt to defrost a little bit and then put about half of it into your blender
    Finely chop up 2 of the candy bars and toss them on top of the frozen yogurt
    Add some Kahlua (personal preference, at least a shot or three)
    Blend it until well mixed, then add the rest of the frozen yogurt
    By hand, crush one more candy bar and add it to the mix
    Blend until completely mixed (adding more Kahlua as necessary), then pour into prepared (well-cooled) pie shell. Use a spoon to smooth over any lumps.
    Break the remaining candy bar into 4 individual sticks and press into the pie (One of my bars was broken so I substituted 2 of the miniature kit kats for the last spoke)
    Place the pie into the freezer and allow to harden.
    Remove from freezer and allow to defrost for 15 minutes before serving.

As a side note, I had enough mixture left over for a mini-blizzard, which was quite tasty with a nice smooth Kahlua taste.
Kit Kat Pie
Kit Kat Pie

How it turned out: http://snowulf.com/wp-content/uploads/John/100214_KitKatPie.JPG

I was really excited about this pie and it did not disappoint. The Kahlua was the perfect accent for this pie. Everyone was very pleased with how this turned out.

I would love to try that out .."MUM"

Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

Anesa

I wanted to share my recipe for "Crock Pot Chicken & Dressing", as it won't be long before the holidays will be upon us (Thanksgiving and Christmas) and this recipe is super easy and so delicious!  I could never make dressing like my mother's (or grandmothers) no matter how hard I tried.  That is, until I was given this recipe and now, I am the one requested to make the dressing for all holidays.  It's so easy and tasty, you'll want to make it anytime, not just for special occasions.  The recipe does call for it to be cooked in a slow cooker (Crock Pot), but you can actually mix up the ingredients and place in a casserole dish to be baked in the oven, also.  The crock pot method of cooking it just seems to make it more moist.

Crock Pot Chicken and Dressing

5 chicken breasts, boned and skinned, or 1 whole chicken, boned and skinned
8-inch pan of cornbread
8 slices of day-old bread (can use toast, which is what I always use)
4 eggs
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. sage
2 Tbsp. margarine
2 (14 1/2 oz) cans chicken broth
2 (10 3/4 oz) cans cream of chicken soup

Boil chicken until tender.  Remove from water and cut into pieces.  Crumble bread.  Add all ingredients, except margarine.  Stir well.  Pour into crock-pot.  Pat with margarine; cover and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 3 - 4 hours.  When done, fluff with fork.  Cool for 15 - 30 minutes before serving.  You can serve it in the crock-pot.  (If you decide to bake in oven, preheat oven at 350 (be sure to coat your casserole dish with non-stick spray) and cook for 1 1/2 hours.

Tip:  Saute the onions (just until tender) before adding to other ingredients

Also, if you like celery added to your dressing, add about 1/2 cup of diced celery, but saute these with the onions before adding to mixture.

You will be a HIT this holiday season, I promise!!

Anesa

I thought of one more crock pot dish that is super super easy and really delicious.  I also get asked for this recipe every time I take it to a family/work dinner.  I LOVE to cook in my crock pot so many of my fav's are cooked in them.

Hot Cheesy Corn

3 - 4 cans whole kernel corn (depends on how big the crowd you'll be feeding, can add more or less)
1 block of Philadelphia cream cheese
8 - 10 slices of American cheese
chopped jalopeno's (to your taste or hotness)

Drain corn and dump into crock pot (be sure to spray your crock pot with non-stick spray first).  Place cream cheese and sliced American cheese on top, along with your chopped jalopeno's.  (I will sometimes pour a bit of my jalopeno juice in there too, for a little more hotness, as I like it really "spicy",)  Just turn the slow cooker on low for about  1 hour (or until cheese is all melted and bubbling).  DELICIOUS!  Be prepared to bring home an empty pot!

despickable

Thanks Camille  I think I might even be able to give that a go

My new reciepe is coming soon

Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

despickable

Another way to cook beetroot preparing this vegetable as a hot meal rather just in the salad in summer. I know its summer in some parts of the world but right now I need warming up and this is just the ticket. Two recipes that give a new way to prepare beetroot

Beets with Sour Cream Recipe

Polish beets with sour cream, can be enjoyed hot or cold and turns out a brilliant magenta – It comes out looking very colourful on the plate
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes

Ingredients:
·   4 cooked beets or 2 cups canned or jarred beets, drained
·   1 teaspoon sugar
·   1 cup sour cream
·   Salt and black pepper
·   Chopped dill for garnish
Preparation:
1.   Cut beets into strips or julienne. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except for dill. Heat just to the boiling for hot vegetable, or refrigerate if serving cold.
2.   Garnish with chopped dill.
Well if that don’t beat all. I root for a good recepe and reviews from all . Please let us know what you think

How to... Roast Beetroot

There's nothing quite like roast beetroot - slightly caramelised and with a rich earthy flavour, it's delicious. Use it as a tart topping, in salads or in an old-fashioned hamburger.
Or simply squeeze some lemon juice over roast beetroot wedges, sprinkle with sea salt and chopped parsley and enjoy as a side dish.
Don't be afraid to be generous with salt – it brings out the flavour of the beetroot while balancing its earthy taste.
What you will need
·   Beetroot;
·   Aluminium foil;
·   A clean, dry skewer;
·   Paring knife;
·   Chopping board;
·   Rubber gloves (optional)

Hints and Tips

To speed up the process, par-boil beetroot until just tender. Slip the skins off and quarter for roasting.

1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Wrap a clean, unpeeled beetroot in foil and bake for about 45 minutes or until a skewer can easily be inserted into the flesh.

2 Allow to cool a little so it’s still warm, but safe to handle. Unwrap the beetroot and gently pull the skin away. Wear rubber gloves to prevent staining, and you may need a paring knife to remove the tough area around the stalk.

3 Slice and serve warm or at room temperature.

Just like a baked potato.

You can skip the third part and just wait for it to cool a little then cut it half way through the center and add sour cream and chives to it and you have a tasty treat.

I hope you will give these a try and thanks for all those who have added their recipe s and are reading this With Xandi and DD both away and busy there is only this poor man in the kitchen and he is stumbling around trying to find a can opener so he can have his can of whoop ass if he makes a mess.

Catch ya all soon

Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

Autumn52

Ok I tried the Crockpot Chicken and Dressing and let me just say......WONDERFUL. It was moist and the flavors of Thanksgiving sang out in the dish. Thank you so much Camille for the recipe I don't think I will make it any other way now.

Also I made the Hot Cheesy Corn. I substituted a 1 pound bag of frozen corn and cut back a little bit on the cheeses. It was also wonderful. The only thing I think is it needed a little bit of acid to help cut the richness of the dish. I have already decided next time I make it I am going to add a can of Rotel tomatoes and green chilies and the jalapenos with some juice and I think it will be perfect for my taste. But let me tell you it was wonderful this time. I thought that the juice from the jalapeno would be enough acid but I am going to try it with the tomatoes next time. The acid from the tomatoes without the heat from the jalapenos will do the trick I think. I would have just added more Jalapeno juice but I am afraid that I can't stand things to hot. The dish is a winner and I loved the cream cheese in it. I never thought of using cream cheese in a dish like that and it made all the difference. Thank you so much Camille. I had no leftovers of the corn so you know it was good. YUMMY.

I love all the recipes everyone puts in because sometimes I get tired of cooking what I always cook and it is nice to have a fresh point of view. I appreciate all the recipes everyone has donated to this thread.

Hugs to everyone.

Thanks

Autumn52

I made the most amazing Queso dip I have ever made in my life. I was inspired to use my crockpot again today.

Crockpot Queso Dip

1 pound of american cheese (cut into cubes)(I only had the sliced cheesed but I still cut it up into cubes)
4 to 6 oz. of Cream Cheese (cut into cubes)
1 small white onion (cut up small)(I used food processor)
1 - 4oz can of chopped green chilies
some pickled jalapenos chopped up small (if you like it hot add a lot if not just a few)
1/2 to 3/4 cup of half and half or whole milk
3 TBS. of butter

I put 1/2 a cup of half and half in the bottom of the crockpot and turned it on high.
While that was heating I melted 2 or 3 Tbs. of butter in a small pan. Once it was melted I added my cut up onions let them saute for 4 minutes then add in the green chilies and jalapenos, saute until the onions are completely tender. Set aside.

Cut up your cheese, both kinds, and put into crockpot once the half and half is warm. Stir mixing well. Add your veggies and mix again. Put the lid on and let it cook on high stirring every so often until all the cheese is melted. Turn to low and just keep it warm while you enjoy the cheese dip. It is so good.

I hope you enjoy it.

Tip: If you find that it is to thick you can add more milk or half and half.

Autumn52

Decadent Chocolate Cake

Ingredients for Cake:
3 cups flour
1 1/2 Tsp. Salt
3/4 Tsp. Baking Powder
1 1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
2 2/3 Cups Sugar
1 Cup plus 2 Tbs. Cocoa Powder
1 Cup plus 2 Tbs. Water
1 Cup plus 2 Tbs. Oil
5 Eggs
3/4 Cup Water
1 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla

Frosting Ingredients:
4 Cups Powdered Sugar or 1- 1 pound box
3/4 Cups Cocoa Powder
1/4 Cups Milk
1 1/2 Cups Butter (soft)

Direction for cake:
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Grease and flour 2 - 10 inch cake pans. (or you can use 3 - 9 inch pans)

2. In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. Mix these ingredients well.

3. Add 1 cup and 2 tbs. of water and 1 cup and 2 tbs. of oil mix for one minute. (This is going to be very very stiff.) Add Eggs and 3/4 cups of water and vanilla. Mix 3 to 4 minutes with the electric mixer.

4. Pour into your baking pans of choice and bake at 350* for 25 to 30 minutes. (Check for doneness before you remove the pans from oven by inserting a toothpick into the center of each cake and if it comes out clean it is done. If the toothpick comes out with some chocolate on it bake an additional 5 minutes and check with toothpick again. Keep doing that until toothpick comes out clean.) Let the cakes cool for 15 minutes in the pans and then turn them out to completely cool on a cooling rack.

Directions for Frosting:
1. Put powdered sugar and cocoa into a big bowl and mix well. Add in the butter and milk and mix until it looks like frosting. That’s it.

Then just frost the cake and enjoy.