X-Men Re-imagined - It's back! Still accepting (especially students!)

Started by Orange Marmalade, January 27, 2015, 12:32:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CurvyKitten

I was wondering about powers myself, I think I may just brave it and dive through the approved list to see whats what.

persephone325

So characters can't display symptoms before the age of 16?
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Madmartigan on April 08, 2015, 06:42:10 PM
So... I'm pushing my RP boundaries and actually looking at a school-set game. Is anyone already playing a student with abilities like Cloak?

Heyhey! I don't believe so, we had a Cloak that was going to come in but he never quite made it :)

Quote from: CurvyKitten on April 08, 2015, 07:57:40 PM
I was wondering about powers myself, I think I may just brave it and dive through the approved list to see whats what.

Hey Curvy! Definitely take a look through the chars, there's tons of options for powers out there on that wiki for sure.

Quote from: persephone325 on April 08, 2015, 10:48:01 PM
So characters can't display symptoms before the age of 16?

It is highly unusual - generally they onset a few years after puberty in this world.

CurvyKitten

The stats confuse me a bit, mainly because my characters power has her strength and such varying. So I am not sure what to put on them.

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: CurvyKitten on April 09, 2015, 12:14:56 AM
The stats confuse me a bit, mainly because my characters power has her strength and such varying. So I am not sure what to put on them.

You can leave them blank for now and I can help later, or you can just give her two strength scores, her normal and enhanced ones

Kendra

Hey OM,

finally had a moment to spare to browse through the group game section and came across your thread. Game looks awesome and am definitely interested in creating a character for it.
Possibly OC but we'll see.
Will give the current character list a read through when next on and see what's available.

Please tell me you're still taking on new recruits.

KohakuRemizawa

Just came across the recruiting page, after reading the ideas for the game I'm pretty interested in playing an OC if possible. Basically a water-bender as far as powers.

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: KohakuRemizawa on April 14, 2015, 01:53:13 AM
Just came across the recruiting page, after reading the ideas for the game I'm pretty interested in playing an OC if possible. Basically a water-bender as far as powers.

That sounds totally fine! Feel free to work something up and send it over!

To anyone else who has PM'd me, sorry for the delays! I had an unexpectedly busy weekend and will get caught up soon :)

Kendra

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on April 14, 2015, 11:23:31 AM

To anyone else who has PM'd me, sorry for the delays! I had an unexpectedly busy weekend and will get caught up soon :)

no problem OM, am patient ;)
understand RL busy so no worries
:-)

Kendra

This is what I've got so far OM, anything more needed or tweaked in any way?

BASIC INFO:
Legal Name: Dara Corkery
Codename/Nickname/Aliases: Gemini
Citizenship and other legal info: Irish
Place of Birth: Dublin
Education: senior year of high school

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Height: 5’9”
Weight: 115lbs
Hair color: dark brown
Eye color: brown
Ethnicity: caucasian
General Appearance: tall, slender - androgynous 

OTHER INFORMATION:
Orientation: female form is hetrosexual / male form is homosexual
Ons/Offs:
female Gemini: too young to know what her on’s and offs are as such, just knows that no guy should just take what they want from her without her permission.
male Gemini: like his female counterpart he is very much in the dark as to his on’s and off’s - it’s always been extremely difficult having a relationship let alone a one night stand when he could change into the female version of himself at any given moment.

Goals: Currently Gemini doesn't want to learn how to control which identity comes to the fore because that would be like choosing one person over another, there are no favourites so to speak. Each identity has more or less the same amount of time each day to be, when that time is no one knows. Surviving High School, graduating and getting into the Xavier University program.
male Gemini would love someday to work in the EU but as his female counterpart wants to be a member of the X-men they are still negotiating this.

Wealth Level: Good. Their father Joseph Corkery is a tenured professor at Trinity University in Dublin while their mother Brenda Corkery nee Goolde is a novelist writing a variety of  genres under different pen names; Erotic fiction ~ A. Glanworth.  Mutant fiction ~ D. Salisbury. (she began writing mutant fiction as bedtime stories for her children. Children’s Fiction ~ Constance Grasse; Romantic Fiction ~ B. Corkery;  and ghost writes for other authors.

Personality: Gemini has a complete different persona when male and when female.
Male: quiet and somewhat reserved, more academic and studious
Female: sporty, very athletic, likes getting involved, as smart as her male counterpart but mainly due to the fact that they share a photographic memory. Otherwise she would most likely flunk a lot of her academic classes.

SCHOOL INFO:
Classes Taken or Taught:
male: English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian; Maths, History, Biology, Art, Economics
female: English, Athletics, Maths, Biology, Art, Music
Year: senior year of High School
Club Memberships or Sponsorships: both forms of Gemini ~ Art Club, Music club
female ~ martial arts club

STATS:
MALE:
Fighting: 1 feeble  - Agility: 2 poor maneuvers - Strength: 3 Typical 200lbs with difficulty - Endurance: 2-Poor Easily winded, rest after a couple minutes of work- Reason: 5-Excellent can perform small experiments, jury-rig gear, run complex machines - Intuition: 7-Incredible You've got an eye for fine details and schedules, you get a hunch when something just 'feels wrong' - Psyche: 3-Typical Normal human, can be controlled by superior entities

FEMALE:
Fighting: 3 typical standard human - Agility: 5-Excellent Olympic Athlete - Strength: 3 Typical 200lbs with difficulty - Endurance: GoodRest after a half hour - Reason: 3-Typical Normal human level - Intuition: 7-Incredible You've got an eye for fine details and schedules, you get a hunch when something just 'feels wrong' - Psyche: 3-Typical Normal human, can be controlled by superior entities

POWERS:

GENDER SHIFT
this is not the ability to shapeshift into different people, he/she looks very much the exact same but the gender of the person alters. When male or female Gemini has their own unique personalities, likes and dislikes. They are very much two people - like identical twins but living in the same body.

ADVANTAGES MALE GEMINI:
ADVANTAGE1 - photographic memory
ADVANTAGE2 - speaks several languages

ADVANTAGES FEMALE GEMINI:
ADVANTAGE1 - photographic memory
ADVANTAGE2 - endurance and cross country running
ADVANTAGE3 - swims up to 40 lengths a day (not an easy accomplishment if she happens to become her male counterpart during the event.)
ADVANTAGE4 - has participated in triathlons (not an easy accomplishment if she happens to become her male counterpart during the event.)

DISADVANTAGES:

DISADVANTAGE1 - Any advantages that the male version of Gemini has are not shared by the female version except for their photographic memory and vice versa
DISADVANTAGE2 - The female form of Gemini is extremely sporty and has a strong mentality to go with this, whereas the male form is far more academic. When in the midst of a race or heat, and the gender switches all her hard work in preparing goes right out the window. He is simply not capable of pushing himself to the limits of their body as she is. 
DISADVANTAGE3 - If it were not for their photographic memory then both might very well fail every class and test they sit. What he learns, she does not remember and what she learns he doesn’t either but the photographic memory makes it easier for them both to learn their subjects faster than a normal person could.

SKILLS MALE:
SKILL1: - excellent at learning and speaking new languages
SKILL2: - can play the keyboard
SKILL3: - reads ferocious amounts - no matter the subject
SKILL4: - first aid trained

SKILLS FEMALE:
SKILL1: - excellent at retaining information
SKILL2: - trained rookie lifeguard - going for full lifeguard skills certification
SKILL3: - trained in cpr

HISTORY:

Unlike most mutants, Gemini manifested as both genders not long after birth. As a result the parents always viewed them as two individuals, at first they thought something was seriously wrong with their child. One moment in the day while changing the babies nappy (diaper) their child would be a girl, the next it would very much be a boy. The doctors however insisted that the child was a boy and that abnormalities at birth like this were rare but did happen. Joseph and Brenda Corkery didn’t think their child was abnormal at all and adored Dara regardless of what the doctors said. Registering the child proved far more difficult because the hospital would only account for one baby and not that two genders were very much alive and well in the same body. Joseph’s friend at Trinity University a Doctor Alistair Sheen, a low level mutant spoke with the couple and suggested to them that perhaps the child was a mutant.

They didn’t disregard this idea, they had tried for years to have a child and now they had two in one they weren’t going to quibble about what sort of child they had been gifted with. They registered the births of their child eventually, one as the female version of Dara and the other as the male version, so that traveling in later years might be made easier. It took a lot of red tape and months of persuasion though the Corkery’s have much to thank Dr. Sheen for in the end, another mutant with mind control abilities assisted when the Corkery’s felt at the end of their rope.

Brenda Corkery was a primary school teacher but quit working full time to stay at home and raise and later homeschool Dara. To supplement her husband's income she began writing something she had done on and off throughout her teaching career. She soon became a published author thanks mainly to her erotic and mutant fiction.

Dr. Sheen remained a close family friend, explaining to them about the school run by Charles Xavier and that if homeschooling became too much for Brenda that they should consider sending Dara there. He was also the first to call Dara, Gemini. He thought it a most befitting name and soon Gemini preferred to be called that than Dara.

Thanks largely to their parents acceptance and love Gemini flourished and grew into puberty with little in the way of incidents. What was discovered however was that both forms knew very little about the other, it was as if one left the room once the other had entered. Never actually meeting. They took to leaving one another notes and gifts, finding it fascinating that one instance he was a girl and the next she was a boy. The only time the untimely changes ever bothered them was the discovery of the liking the same boy. Their parents were just as accepting of Gemini when he came out to them as they were of Gemini being a mutant.

They knew though that studying and life in general was becoming difficult to cope with, the constant shifting between genders could happen at any given time and though for the most part Gemini looked the exact same in either form, the character of the person and their abilities was very different. As a family they discussed it and it was agreed that they would sit their final year of Secondary school (High School) at Xavier’s school. If it was a success, they would remain on for their University education as well.

Other miscellaneous information:

She likes sports, volleyball and swimming.
He loves reading and playing his keyboard.
She likes photography especially black and white images;
he loves paintings especially Cuban art for it's vibrancy.
She loves listening to just about any kind of music
he loves Soul, Otis Redding always to be found on his playlist.
always wears androgynous clothing instead of anything very male or very feminine.

[float=right][img]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/a/a1/Geminim2.jpg[/img]  [img]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/5/52/Geminif2.jpg[/img][/float]
[b][u]BASIC INFO:[/u][/b]
[b]Legal Name:[/b] Dara Corkery
[b]Codename/Nickname/Aliases:[/b] Gemini
[b]Citizenship and other legal info:[/b] Irish
[b]Place of Birth:[/b] Dublin
[b]Occupation:[/b] full time student
[b]Education:[/b] senior year of high school

[hr]
[b][u]PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:[/u][/b]
[b]Height:[/b] 5’9”
[b]Weight:[/b] 115lbs
[b]Hair color:[/b] dark brown
[b]Eye color:[/b] brown
[b]Gender:[/b] male and female
[b]Ethnicity:[/b] caucasian
[b]Age:[/b] 18
[b]General Appearance:[/b] tall, slender - androgynous 

[b][u]OTHER INFORMATION:[/u][/b]
[b]Orientation:[/b] female form is hetrosexual / male form is homosexual
[b]Ons/Offs:[/b]
female Gemini: too young to know what her on’s and offs are as such, just knows that no guy should just take what they want from her without her permission.
male Gemini: like his female counterpart he is very much in the dark as to his on’s and off’s - it’s always been extremely difficult having a relationship let alone a one night stand when he could change into the female version of himself at any given moment.

[b]Goals:[/b] Currently Gemini doesn't want to learn how to control which identity comes to the fore because that would be like choosing one person over another, there are no favourites so to speak. Each identity has more or less the same amount of time each day to be, when that time is no one knows. Surviving High School, graduating and getting into the Xavier University program.
male Gemini would love someday to work in the EU but as his female counterpart wants to be a member of the X-men they are still negotiating this.

[b]Wealth Level:[/b] Good. Their father Joseph Corkery is a tenured professor at Trinity University in Dublin while their mother Brenda Corkery nee Goolde is a novelist writing a variety of  genres under different pen names; Erotic fiction ~ A. Glanworth.  Mutant fiction ~ D. Salisbury. (she began writing mutant fiction as bedtime stories for her children. Children’s Fiction ~ Constance Grasse; Romantic Fiction ~ B. Corkery;  and ghost writes for other authors.

[b]Personality:[/b] Gemini has a complete different persona when male and when female.
Male: quiet and somewhat reserved, more academic and studious
Female: sporty, very athletic, likes getting involved, as smart as her male counterpart but mainly due to the fact that they share a photographic memory. Otherwise she would most likely flunk a lot of her academic classes.

[b][u]SCHOOL INFO:[/u][/b]
[b]Classes Taken or Taught:[/b]
male: English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian; Maths, History, Biology, Art, Economics
female: English, Athletics, Maths, Biology, Art, Music
[b]Year:[/b] senior year of High School
[b]Club Memberships or Sponsorships:[/b] both forms of Gemini ~ Art Club, Music club
female ~ martial arts club

[b][u]STATS:[/u][/b]
[b]MALE:[/b]
[color=blue]Fighting:[/color] 1 feeble  - [color=blue]Agility:[/color] 2 poor maneuvers - [color=blue]Strength: [/color] 3 Typical 200lbs with difficulty - [color=blue]Endurance:[/color] 2-Poor Easily winded, rest after a couple minutes of work- [color=blue]Reason:[/color] 5-Excellent can perform small experiments, jury-rig gear, run complex machines - [color=blue]Intuition:[/color] 7-Incredible You've got an eye for fine details and schedules, you get a hunch when something just 'feels wrong' - [color=blue]Psyche:[/color] 3-Typical Normal human, can be controlled by superior entities

[b]FEMALE:[/b]
[color=blue]Fighting:[/color] 3 typical standard human - [color=blue]Agility:[/color] 5-Excellent Olympic Athlete - [color=blue]Strength: [/color] 3 Typical 200lbs with difficulty - [color=blue]Endurance:[/color] GoodRest after a half hour - [color=blue]Reason:[/color] 3-Typical Normal human level - [color=blue]Intuition:[/color] 7-Incredible You've got an eye for fine details and schedules, you get a hunch when something just 'feels wrong' - [color=blue]Psyche:[/color] 3-Typical Normal human, can be controlled by superior entities

[u][b]POWERS:[/b][/u]

[i]GENDER SHIFT[/i]
this is not the ability to shapeshift into different people, he/she looks very much the exact same but the gender of the person alters. When male or female Gemini has their own unique personalities, likes and dislikes. They are very much two people - like identical twins but living in the same body.

[u][b]ADVANTAGES MALE GEMINI:[/b][/u]
[i]ADVANTAGE1[/i] - photographic memory
[i]ADVANTAGE2[/i] - speaks several languages

[u][b]ADVANTAGES FEMALE GEMINI:[/b][/u]
[i]ADVANTAGE1[/i] - photographic memory
[i]ADVANTAGE2[/i] - endurance and cross country running
[i]ADVANTAGE3[/i] - swims up to 40 lengths a day (not an easy accomplishment if she happens to become her male counterpart during the event.)
[i]ADVANTAGE4[/i] - has participated in triathlons (not an easy accomplishment if she happens to become her male counterpart during the event.)

[b][u]DISADVANTAGES:[/b]

[i]DISADVANTAGE1[/i] - Any advantages that the male version of Gemini has are not shared by the female version except for their photographic memory and vice versa
[i]DISADVANTAGE2[/i] - The female form of Gemini is extremely sporty and has a strong mentality to go with this, whereas the male form is far more academic. When in the midst of a race or heat, and the gender switches all her hard work in preparing goes right out the window. He is simply not capable of pushing himself to the limits of their body as she is. 
[i]DISADVANTAGE3[/i] - If it were not for their photographic memory then both might very well fail every class and test they sit. What he learns, she does not remember and what she learns he doesn’t either but the photographic memory makes it easier for them both to learn their subjects faster than a normal person could.

[u][b]SKILLS MALE:[/u]
[i]SKILL1:[/i] - excellent at learning and speaking new languages
[i]SKILL2:[/i] - can play the keyboard
[i]SKILL3:[/i] - reads ferocious amounts - no matter the subject
[i]SKILL4:[/i] - first aid trained

[u][b]SKILLS FEMALE:[/u]
[i]SKILL1:[/i] - excellent at retaining information
[i]SKILL2:[/i] - trained rookie lifeguard - going for full lifeguard skills certification
[i]SKILL3:[/i] - trained in cpr

[b][u]HISTORY:[/u][/b]

Unlike most mutants, Gemini manifested as both genders not long after birth. As a result the parents always viewed them as two individuals, at first they thought something was seriously wrong with their child. One moment in the day while changing the babies nappy (diaper) their child would be a girl, the next it would very much be a boy. The doctors however insisted that the child was a boy and that abnormalities at birth like this were rare but did happen. Joseph and Brenda Corkery didn’t think their child was abnormal at all and adored Dara regardless of what the doctors said. Registering the child proved far more difficult because the hospital would only account for one baby and not that two genders were very much alive and well in the same body. Joseph’s friend at Trinity University a Doctor Alistair Sheen, a low level mutant spoke with the couple and suggested to them that perhaps the child was a mutant.

They didn’t disregard this idea, they had tried for years to have a child and now they had two in one they weren’t going to quibble about what sort of child they had been gifted with. They registered the births of their child eventually, one as the female version of Dara and the other as the male version, so that traveling in later years might be made easier. It took a lot of red tape and months of persuasion though the Corkery’s have much to thank Dr. Sheen for in the end, another mutant with mind control abilities assisted when the Corkery’s felt at the end of their rope.

Brenda Corkery was a primary school teacher but quit working full time to stay at home and raise and later homeschool Dara. To supplement her husband's income she began writing something she had done on and off throughout her teaching career. She soon became a published author thanks mainly to her erotic and mutant fiction.

Dr. Sheen remained a close family friend, explaining to them about the school run by Charles Xavier and that if homeschooling became too much for Brenda that they should consider sending Dara there. He was also the first to call Dara, Gemini. He thought it a most befitting name and soon Gemini preferred to be called that than Dara.

Thanks largely to their parents acceptance and love Gemini flourished and grew into puberty with little in the way of incidents. What was discovered however was that both forms knew very little about the other, it was as if one left the room once the other had entered. Never actually meeting. They took to leaving one another notes and gifts, finding it fascinating that one instance he was a girl and the next she was a boy. The only time the untimely changes ever bothered them was the discovery of the liking the same boy. Their parents were just as accepting of Gemini when he came out to them as they were of Gemini being a mutant.

They knew though that studying and life in general was becoming difficult to cope with, the constant shifting between genders could happen at any given time and though for the most part Gemini looked the exact same in either form, the character of the person and their abilities was very different. As a family they discussed it and it was agreed that they would sit their final year of Secondary school (High School) at Xavier’s school. If it was a success, they would remain on for their University education as well.
[b]
Other miscellaneous information:[/b]
She likes sports, volleyball and swimming.
He loves reading and playing his keyboard.
She likes photography especially black and white images;
he loves paintings especially Cuban art for it's vibrancy.
She loves listening to just about any kind of music
he loves Soul, Otis Redding always to be found on his playlist.
always wears androgynous clothing instead of anything very male or very feminine.

Doomsday

I'd like to announce that I've given up Jean Grey, if anyone is interested in claiming her!

bend

Does anyone play Domino? I'm toying with the idea of her as a lesbian...
- A&A - On & Offs -

Black Howling

Quote from: bend on April 25, 2015, 11:43:59 AM
Does anyone play Domino? I'm toying with the idea of her as a lesbian...
Yep, we do have a domino.

bend

Uhm... Is there a list of taken characters somewhere?

EDIT: found it in the game subforum. Silly me. Assuming she's available, I'd like to play Karima Shapandar, aka the Omega Sentinel, as a school security officer.
- A&A - On & Offs -

Orange Marmalade

@Red Tempest - sorry for the delays! Turned into a busy weekend. I will try to get your sheet looked at tomorrow :)

Quote from: bend on April 25, 2015, 12:51:51 PM
Uhm... Is there a list of taken characters somewhere?

EDIT: found it in the game subforum. Silly me. Assuming she's available, I'd like to play Karima Shapandar, aka the Omega Sentinel, as a school security officer.

Karima would be hard to fit in due to her origin - we're only just barely starting to see the standard sentinels in this world. It might be possible with jiggering things around, but would take a fairly substantial re-write of her background. Also we have a couple faculty already heading up security, but I'm sure we could find another role if you want to play a teacher! Feel free to PM me if you want to work anything out.

Lady Kitsune

If you are still accepting, I'm thinking a young Outlaw before she went mercenary, history tweaked of course. ;)
I am working on it, I swear!

Orange Marmalade

To those still waiting on me for approvals and whatnot: I should get caught up tonight! Sorry for the delays.

Quote from: Lady Kitsune on April 26, 2015, 07:34:38 PM
If you are still accepting, I'm thinking a young Outlaw before she went mercenary, history tweaked of course. ;)

Hey there! Outlaw could totally be possible with some tweaking :) We've got a little moratorium on combat-y characters, but a young version just coming into her powers and trying to figure out how to use them for good (or evil or whatever!) would be an awesome fit at the school.

Lady Kitsune

I am working on it, I swear!

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Lady Kitsune on April 28, 2015, 09:42:29 PM
Working on it now. :)

Awesome, looking forward to it!

Also I should be caught up on reviewing characters.. if I missed anyone, please speak up and shoot me a PM :)

Orange Marmalade

Alright all caught up yet again!

For other folks interested - we're still open and accepting new characters! We've got a pretty decent mix of various genders and sexualities and anybody is welcome! We just moved forward to a new time period so it is the perfect time to get in.

Doomsday

The current in-character time encompasses the last week of October... We're planning a Halloween party for the students, if that's any extra incentive for some new folks to join ::)

Chaosfox

I want to join but I have been house sitting all week. This would have been fine if my aunts computer didn't just have notepad on it. So  I should be able to work on a character starting tomorrow.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Vael the Destroyer

I'm very interested in this game. I'm going to read through everything that I need to and check through powers to see what I could do with an OC mutant.

I don't believe I saw a Wiccan character, but just to make sure, there isn't one, correct?

Black Howling

Quote from: ShatteredSymphony on May 03, 2015, 10:09:20 AM
I'm very interested in this game. I'm going to read through everything that I need to and check through powers to see what I could do with an OC mutant.

I don't believe I saw a Wiccan character, but just to make sure, there isn't one, correct?

I think we had a Wiccan in the game before, but the player dropped out.

Vael the Destroyer

Quote from: Black Howling on May 03, 2015, 10:42:30 AM
I think we had a Wiccan in the game before, but the player dropped out.

Ahh, that is good to know. Thank you. :)