Of Dread & Horror - Penny Dreadful Inspired Game Interest Check

Started by Ryven, October 29, 2016, 01:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralhend

Quote from: Ryven on October 31, 2016, 12:56:07 AM
Just so everyone is aware, I'll post here the roles that have been earmarked thus far.  Unfortunately, Ralhend, the Monster role has already been taken by someone else.  However, if you wish to try to work a plot with the two characters playing the Creator and the Monster in which your character is turned after death (much like Lily), you may do that.  I wouldn't count on the change happening soon though.

If you have a monstrous idea that isn't included, if you make a case, I could create an archtype around it since this is not going to follow the show exactly.  It is just going for the same feel.

Claimed Archtypes:

- The Possessed - Sofia Grace
- The Immortal - RedEve
- The Were-Creature - PrincessAriel
- The Creator - Sally Aces
- The Monster - Orange Marmalade
- The Vampire - Open
- The Witches - 3 Open

I could play a vampire, but i'd like some more info in order to get into the right mindset.

The Vampire (1+1*): You have the insatiable thirst for fresh blood.  You were created long ago, but you're just now getting to the point of understanding what it means. *The Vampire may have 1 new fledgling either established before or turned during the course of the game.  The two will be separate characters.
As a character: What is your purpose?  Do you see this as a curse?  Do you avoid the temptation of human blood and opt for certain alternatives, or do you embrace your new gift, resigning yourself to a life lived by the dark of night?

I can work with this but I'll need to process it over in my mind for a bit, let the concept evolve into something.  Do I have a deadline to have a completed character by?

Also, it would help if I knew a little more on the hierarchy dynamic of vampires in this alternate storyline.  IE I am used to the pyramid dynamic of "Vampire the Masquerade" Old World Of Darkness. I Understand that the Vampires from PD are quite different, in that they consume flesh and can walk during the day.  Do I have a creator/sire/etc and follow his orders or would I operate independently?

Post Rate: (Lethargic)
Request Thread/ Ons and Offs /A/A Thread
Active Stories on E: (Extremely Selective) 3/3 Discussions/Caged Bird/Maiden Voyage/Shattered Mirror/
Other Games E : (Taken) 1/1 /Chessgame 1, Mimétisme vs Ralhend/

Ryven

There is currently no deadline.  There's still some building I need to do.

As the vampire, you'd operate independently

Ryven

So I'm totally winging the setting which is supposed to be Victorian London.  I may alter it since it's an AU anyway.

Sofia Grace

Yeah I started researching and my brain went a little numb.
i am a fire
gasoline, come pour yourself all over me
we'll let this place go down in flames
only one more time

[ O/O ] [ A/A ]

Ryven

I did mostly map and area researching along with gathering pictures of the sets and anything relevant that would look like it could be used in the game.  I made slight progress.

Sofia Grace

i am a fire
only one more time

[ O/O ] [ A/A ]

Ryven

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Ryven on October 31, 2016, 10:43:18 PM
My research feels so inadequate though.

It is definitely an interesting time, which is part of why it is fun to play. You're doing great :)

RedEve

"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Ryven

Name :Mordecai Horatio Grayson
Character Type : Other

Sexuality : Enjoys the company of men.

Height : 6'
Body Type : Lean
Hair : Mid-length, deep brown, pulled back usually
Eyes : Green
Distinguishing Features : Always wearing his family's ring: a skull encircled by silver.

Personality : Mordecai is a reclusive man though many in London would not know this because he is new to the area.  He was sent to America when he was very young to live and go to school.  Needless to say, he is used to a much different society than what London provides.  He is practical, but his style is eccentric even for American standards.  Upon meeting him, some might say he is a man of few words, but that is only because he chooses to speak cautiously upon first meetings.  As one gets acquainted with Mordecai, the less enigmatic he becomes.

His close friends back in America know him as stubborn but loyal.  He had few lovers but only because he felt they were not up to his high standards.  Mordecai was always drawn to eccentric men, more so than himself.  He would often host any manner of parties to draw in those on the fringe of society.  There was no shortage of things considered "strange" at his gatherings.  Tarot readings, seances, and even rumors of hedonistic rituals had been carried out in the halls of his opulent New York apartment.

History : Sent to America with his mother when he was five, he spent the next nearly twenty years living in New York.  His father would make trips to see him, but he hadn't made a trip back to London until now.  He had a rather common upbringing for the child of an aristocrat.  He wanted for little, but he was also an easy child to please.  Most of his spare time was spent in the company of books.  After his mother died when he was only 18, he spent his time at university.  Without the close eye of his mother, he allowed his interests to grow organically, and he became eager to delve into the depths of the occult.  With the continued support of his father and what living he'd made on his own from investment, he began his own collection of curiosities.

Up until the time of his father's death, Mordecai remained in New York, hosting parties, attending auctions, and dining lovers.  With much distress, he packed up his life and moved to London where he took over his father's estate, Grayson Castle.  The circumstances of his father's death were very mysterious, and it is not entirely proven that his father did, in fact, die.  The man has been missing for months now, and only after his scheduled return from a leisure trip had passed a month prior did his estate agent finally make an inquiry to his whereabouts and wellbeing.  This is one of the mysteries that Mordecai wishes to unravel.

Meta Information
Face Claim : No idea
Player Name : Ryven
Character Status : Trial

Connection Points : Open for discussion

Character Purpose : To uncover the unknown and have fun while doing it.

I think he still needs polishing, but here's Mordecai.

Orange Marmalade

Looks awesome! My sheet is coming along pretty well, hopefully can finish it up tomorrow.

Sofia Grace

Hot damn, Ryven.

I'll be doing my character sheet once I get caught up for NaNo (which will hopefully be today @_@).
i am a fire
only one more time

[ O/O ] [ A/A ]

TheLaughingOne

havent actually seen the show... But the era always makes me think of the Chimney speak webcomic..:3 and Chelsy Grinn!
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

TheLaughingOne

So, character sheet almost done... And had a suggestion, on character sheet to mention characters social standing? If they are peerage, working class, ect... It was a pretty big thing then..
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Ryven

I'd prefer not to dictate your social standing from your character sheet because that could change.  It will be rather obvious of your class based upon what you do for a living.

TheLaughingOne

Righto! It had just occured to me as a suggestion so i'd toss it out:3
My Ons and Offs!

Ryven

ATTENTION INTERESTED PARTIES: I created this interest check to gauge how much interest there might be for this concept, and fortunately, there was quite a following that would make a great group game, I'm sure.  However, I underestimated the amount of time I would have to put into the concept.  I knew I would be slow to put it together, but it seems with my new job other errands life is giving me right now, I don't have the adequate time to put enough into it to make it acceptable, at least to my standards.  I would be willing to hand it over to someone should they wish to take over, but I will not be able to lead this game to its take-off point or even GM it afterward, at least not with my current time constraints.

Apologies and many thanks for your time and interest.

- Ryven

TheLaughingOne

Ahhhww.... Fuff.

Sorry to hear your times getting gobbled up! Hope you least got enough to have some fun and relax! Take care and take it easy man!!
My Ons and Offs!

PrincessAriel

"Let Me See You
Stripped Down to the bone"

Grizzly

Thanks for letting us know.

It was a great idea for a game though, Ryven.  Maybe some other time.
We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,