The Next Generation

Started by Lady Jenn, September 06, 2017, 02:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

"You heroes never learn do you?" he said, sighing. "Nevermind, I have better things to do, we'll meet again." With that he teleported, vanishing in front of their eyes.

"Crap," Sky said as he struggled to his feet. "Nicole, get to the vaults, get the others out of there, we don't know how long they've got." He stood up, picking Clint's limp form off the floor and briefly turning to Geri. "You need to decide whose side you're on, you nearly killed all of us, Geri...the Geri I thought I knew wouldn't have done that." With that he headed for the door, hoping his body would hold it together long enough to get back to the plane.

Lawshenk

Gerri looked at him " Clint the Gerri you knew is a different person"

Lady Jenn

"That girl who helped you," Sky said, trying to calm his anger as he turned back. "I don't think she realised I could see her too. That...that was his sister, she protected you and you responded by nearly letting him die. I need to get him out of here. Come if you want, my priority is to get everyone else out of here in one piece." With that he left, unwilling to allow her see how upset he was and desperately hoping Nicole had reached the others in time.

Lawshenk

Gerri walked off no longer a part of his failure of a team

Lady Jenn

"I'm going to find her," Cypher said, realising Geri was missing once the others were at the plane.

"This place is going to blow," Yuri said. "You can't stay here."

"I'll be fine," Yuri said. "Get Clint somewhere safe, I will find you again." She turned back towards the building, focusing her mind to try and send a message. "Whoever or whatever you are, if you ever loved me at all you owe me at least an explanation." She could barely contain her anger as the plane took off, removing her helmet once the plane was out of sight. "You have ten minutes, after that..." she turned away wiping a tear from her eyes. "Clint is my son, and you were going to let him die."

Lawshenk

Gerri arrogantly walked up to her " as suicide mission that no one died on and some how I'm hated now great !"

Lady Jenn

"Because you gave him what he wanted," Cypher said, turning to face her, tears flowing freely. "He can't beat us in a straight fight, not without...whatever the hell experiments he's trying to carry out. If he can separate us and pick us off..." she tried to calm down slightly. "I cannot do this, even if you didn't know who Clint was to me...the woman I loved, the woman whose memory kept me going in the darkest times in my life, would not have put the life of a fellow hero above winning." She picked up her helmet and turned away. "I need to try and help my son, and help Sky figure out what the hell our next move is. I don't know how welcome you are right now." She put her helmet on, trying to take a few moments to calm herself before leaving, but struggling.

Lawshenk

" you don't get it do you" she sighed " you never loved a women you loved a creature inhabiting a body getting died a long time ago that is why a part of what made her left that is why I am all that's left, I am fire and mermaid magic but there is no person here" it stopped it's rant " that is why I asorbed mirage I needed to be human to know what I ament to be "

Lady Jenn

"Then I cannot do this," said Cypher, feeling the rage building again. "You let the women I loved die...you nearly let my son die...Sky trusted you, he hasn't trusted anyone really since..." she took a deep breath, feeling her powers starting to overwhelm her but calming herself. "We need help to stop Carreyra, but if what you did today is the kind of help you offer, I would rather not have it." She said, a portal opening in front of her, turning back momentarily before stepping through, keeping it open long enough a brief glimpse could be caught of a barricaded building in the middle of a forest, Lucas' plane visible in the distance, before it snapped shut behind her.

Lawshenk

" not me you don't listen " she walked in the opposite direction

Lady Jenn

There was a small child near the base, but something looked strange about him. He had tousled green hair, sunken eyes and a strange tattoo above one eye in the shape of a shark's tooth. He was watching Geri from behind a tree, trying to remain hidden.

Lawshenk

" I know your there kid " she said " disappear or tell me why your here?"

Lady Jenn

He stepped out, taking a few steps before pointing at her, at himself, then back to her, not saying a word. Suddenly a girl, who was barely a teenager herself, emerged from the treeline, looking annoyed.

"Tyler, what have I told you about approaching strangers?" she asked, looking exasperated as he only shrugged in response. "There are times I wish you weren't mute. We need to go, people like her...they hurt us." Tyler refused to move, instead waving his hand in the air, which caused a flower to appear out of thin air. "Tyler, stop showing off." She eyed Geri nervously, at that point wishing Tyler would behave for once in his life.

Lawshenk

" kid " she said to the girl he is a person like me" she smiled " if we hurt you this is the worst place to be"

Lady Jenn

"This is our home though," said a second girl who suddenly appeared from the forest, who on closer inspection was identical to the first girl. "Tyler believes the man helped us but..." she rolled her sleeve up revealing a set of injection scars running up her arm. "There were others like us in that building but me and Tyler got separated from them and..." she looked upset, causing the boy to walk over to her, touching her hand, which seemed to cause the first girl to vanish suddenly. "My name is Anna, Tyler here is my little brother."

Lawshenk

" well if I were you two I'd leave" she turned and started to do herself buy stopped and glowed for a second " I have a place you can both stay" said a returned gerri

Lady Jenn

"What about the others?" Anna asked. "I know I'm not supposed to listen into other people's conversation, but...I saw there were other people here." She took Tyler's hand tightly. "Our parents told us to trust no-one, we shouldn't have trusted him but...he found us after they died."

Lawshenk

" they hate me right now, " she looked at them "well sort of but they don't understand " she looked at them " choice is yours sweet hearts "

Lady Jenn

"They do-" Ana started saying, suddenly feeling Tyler pull insistently on her sleeve. "Tyler, I'm having a conversation with the lady, now's not the time." He seemed to frown, before beginning to draw an image like a giant door in the air in front of him. "The vault...we know what was in the vault. Like...I don't think we were supposed to, but..." she seemed reluctant. "If you're not talking to the others maybe you're the wrong person to tell."

Lawshenk

" they aren't talking to me " she smiled " you two stay safe"

Lady Jenn

"You have to try," she said. "What we saw...Tyler, this is one of the time's I wish you could speak." She knelt down in front of him. "Tyler, show the lady what you showed me, the same way we do when you've had a bad dream." Tyler seemed reluctant at first, before walking over to Geri and taking her hand. Suddenly they were no longer in the clearing, instead in a room that seemed to stretch beyond their sight, Tyler pointing to somewhere to Geri's left. At first there was nothing visible, but then a ring of incubators was visible in the half-light of the room. "I heard someone explaining what they were doing, it's..." Ana frowned trying to remember what she'd heard. "It was something like they were growing new beings from stolen genetic material, but I had no idea what they were describing."

Lawshenk

" kids " she looked at the " I can't help they don't care about me ok" she walked off

Lady Jenn

"Tyler!" Ana called out as the little boy ran after Geri, insistently tugging at her sleeve. "If she won't help we can't force her." He shook his head, drawing more images in the air which Ana let out an exasperated sigh. "I don't want he's trying to say miss, but I've never seen him this upset, he wasn't this agitated at times after our parents died...if he's like this, this isn't something you should ignore."

Lawshenk

"that building is going to go boom Amy minuet come with me I have some sway with some of the others I hope " she takes out her phone and calls sky

Lady Jenn

"Geri," Yuri said, picking up the phone himself. "Sky is...unable to talk, I can get someone to bring you here if you want though. Is everything alright?"