[Pandemonium] Recruitment V1 (Closed)

Started by Wispyr, September 18, 2015, 12:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodied Porcelain

*peeks in* tentatively interested. I've got my plate rather full launching my own game, but I am going to try to find time to read the rest of the info and possibly toss my hat in. :)
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Wispyr

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on September 23, 2015, 04:21:19 PM
*peeks in* tentatively interested. I've got my plate rather full launching my own game, but I am going to try to find time to read the rest of the info and possibly toss my hat in. :)
Er mah gawd. Er mah gawd er mah gawd er mah gawddddd!

-Bounces around frantically-

LunarSage

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Wispyr

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on September 23, 2015, 04:21:19 PM

A wild Bloodied Porcelain appears!

What will you do?

• Fight
  • Change Pokemon
  • Look in Bag
  • Run!
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

Josietta

Lunar and I are leaning toward Atlantean fraternal twins (his male to my female).

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Wispyr

Quote from: Josietta on September 23, 2015, 08:31:20 PM
Lunar and I are leaning toward Atlantean fraternal twins (his male to my female).
Fantastic. I'm currently looking at doing some minor edits (additions) to the Atlantean innate ability set to kick them a little more in line with the other Denizen-races. This should be updated by tomorrow.

MiraMirror

Okay, question. How prevalent is crime in the setting? Rather, are criminals still seen often, like raiders? 
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

Wispyr

Quote from: ThatOneShrroth on September 24, 2015, 03:46:40 PM
Okay, question. How prevalent is crime in the setting? Rather, are criminals still seen often, like raiders?
Crime is mostly underground... Or very very stealthy. Organized bands of crime, like raiders, would happen outside the super-cities in the outskirt towns and places where ATLAS Global really ins't very dominant. Inside the big cities they would be almost completely unheard of. But crime does exist, gangs and what not are a part of the bigger cities, they just do a good job of keeping under the radar. We've established that there is probably a decently sized black market for goods and services.

Cataclysmic Archangel

My character, Cole, would be an example of existing crimial elements. One of those in the Cities but trying to keep a low profile.

Amarlo

Quote from: Arcannyx on September 24, 2015, 03:57:44 PM
My character, Cole, would be an example of existing crimial elements. One of those in the Cities but trying to keep a low profile.

Same with Syx, she's also been present and involved with crime after The Rise.

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

MiraMirror

Mmkay. I asked because I started a background in my head (albeit a tentative one), but the easiest way to make it work would be by involving a group of violent (or just cruel) criminals at some point.

Wispyr

Quote from: ThatOneShrroth on September 24, 2015, 04:06:06 PM
Mmkay. I asked because I started a background in my head (albeit a tentative one), but the easiest way to make it work would be by involving a group of violent (or just cruel) criminals at some point.
Absolutely possible. Should have no issues fitting that in there.

On another note, some minor changes to the power development have been changed. The character sheet has been updated to reflect these changes. Note 7 contains all of the details. This change does not add anything that should impact players or the way the way they intend to play their characters. It is a game rule for stability and balance of power development only, touching on only a small portion of powers that one could choose to make.

Xanatos

Alright, I got interested enough to make a character. I going to make a female Fae. She is going to be meek, something I've done only one for a character (it worked well, so I will try it again).

First question, does a Fae have their gold, silver, or pink eyes upon birth or does this manifest when the powers do?

Oh and can powers be intentionally scaled down? Say, a level 3 power is too much for a character, resulting in fatigue, so the player instead uses it as a level 1 power. Is that doable?

Wispyr

Quote from: Xanatos on September 25, 2015, 01:03:44 AM
Alright, I got interested enough to make a character. I going to make a female Fae. She is going to be meek, something I've done only one for a character (it worked well, so I will try it again).
Wonderful! Glad to have you along!

First question, does a Fae have their gold, silver, or pink eyes upon birth or does this manifest when the powers do?
This happens at birth. It's recorded medically as just a strange birth abnormality in a small percentage of the populace.

Oh and can powers be intentionally scaled down? Say, a level 3 power is too much for a character, resulting in fatigue, so the player instead uses it as a level 1 power. Is that doable?
In theory, yes? I would need more details. Shoot me a PM with your ideas and we'll hash.

Elysian Radiance

Fae sista, soul sista!

Fuck.

I'm too sleepy to parody the rest of the song.

Anywho,  yay for Fae!

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.

Wispyr

Xanatos

Quote from: Wispyr on September 25, 2015, 02:52:37 AM
Wonderful! Glad to have you along!
This happens at birth. It's recorded medically as just a strange birth abnormality in a small percentage of the populace.
In theory, yes? I would need more details. Shoot me a PM with your ideas and we'll hash.

Okay, cool. I'll send you a PM with the general idea. I don't have any powers totally nailed down just yet.

Elysian, our two could certainly have met up within the confinement facility. We can definitely touch bases more once my girl is fleshed out to a larger degree.

MiraMirror

Reading up on various trauma-related injuries is actually kind of fun/interesting, just saying.

Xanatos

Oh and my characters face claim will be Vica Kerekes, just so no one takes it. Mine! *chuckles*

Elysian Radiance

Come one, come all! Step right up at your very own chance to be the King of Atlantis!

Wispyr

The in game story section has been updated with the details of Atlantis' history.

...Of Atlantis...
Atlantis ruled the skies of the Earth since its creation; its native inhabitants, the Atlanteans were a proud and powerful people. They thrived on conquest and battle, they were masters of magic and technology. It is said that before Human kind had struck their first flames that the Atlanteans had discovered flight. Ages more advanced than the Humans who occupied their world, the great kings of Atlantis never saw fit to eradicate them for they were a weak people but within them was a great potential that if allowed to grow may one day prove to be a worthy challenge of the Atlanteans. The citizens of Atlantis were as varied as any modern human city, with skills just as plentiful. There were craftsmen and tradesmen, nobles and commoners, civilians and military, scientists and mages, teachers and students. The great city flourished under the watchful eye of its power structure. A three pointed trinity, as the trident that adorned the great cities crest.

The left side of the trident was all things scholarly and magical. Ruled over by the one called Lord Sorcerer of Atlantis. This individual reported to the king on the kingdoms discoveries and its magical finds. The Lord Sorcerer also commanded the magical forces of the Atlantean military, over saw their training -- if indirectly in most cases.

The right side of the trident was all things technology and military. Ruled over by the one called High Commander of Atlantis. This individual reported to the king on the kingdoms advancements and conquests. The High Commander directly commanded the forces of Atlantis in battle and created the standards to which the military was held.

At the center of the trident was the great royalty. Ruled over by a King, most recently Trillian, and his family. The King's job was to guide the people and the nation to greatness. To consider all things and make the choices that would direct Atlantis to more golden ages.

For ages Atlantis knew greatness, but after their eventual defeat of the Yahri (the third native race of Earth) they grew bored and stagnant. Seeking to rekindle his people, Trillian commanded the Lord Sorcerer to find them new foes to fight. To test the limits of magic and spawn enemies which the Atlantean people could conquer. It was this command that would eventually spawn the Pandemonium Gate. Some years after the order was given, the great Lord Sorcerer spun magical energy like never before and opened a rift to another world. The people of Atlantis cheered for the Lord Sorcerer and the greatest feat of magic ever preformed. They cheered for Trillian and his determination to give the people what they wanted. The great Pandemonium Gate rested at the heart of Atlantis, and from it came a great evil. It would be years before the Atlanteans could fully comprehend what they had done. They had called for great battle and got it, as creatures unlike any they had ever dreamed of began to appear on the earth.

After a particularly brutal battle that took place on Atlantis itself and resulted in the death of huge swaths of Atlantean soldiers and civilians alike, Trillian commanded the great Gate be sealed. Stating that they were not prepared to fight what they had unleashed and they needed to prevent more from coming through. The Lord Sorcerer began working to shut down his master piece, but it quickly became apparent that the Pandemonium Gate had become its own entity and that nothing they could do was going to shut it. In a last ditch attempt to seal the rift between worlds, Menaria, the prodigy of Atlantis and student of the Lord Sorcerer sucked the energy from the Gate directly into her own being. This attempt was successful, but the cost to Menaria was unknown. Before they could discover the repercussions of Menaria's action, Trillian decreed that Atlantis was no longer safe and that the world must never again know the terror of the Pandemonium Gate.

To that end he ordered the Lord Sorcerer to sink Atlantis to the bottom of the sea, burying their once prized accomplishment and hiding it from the world forever. In agreement, the Lord Sorcerer weaved a spell that plunged the great nation below the tides and sealed the souls of the Atlantean people within the confines of the city, using their ambient energy to ensure that the spell would never fade naturally.

In Pandemonium, player characters will be inhabited by one of these previously sealed Atlantean souls. Some of the named characters, and others, have been included as 'Story Souls' listed elsewhere. Players may choose to have these characters inhabiting them, or other Atlantean's who just happened to survive the Pandemonium War and were sealed away with the rest of their people. These souls will take on a mentoring role for the characters, teaching them about magic that has been forgotten, and bestowing them with powerful gifts.

Players will need to detail their Souls, and even those who have been detailed elsewhere, will have a great deal of free reign so long as it fits within the feel of the story. These souls will not be the primary focus of the game, but a supplement that is always present in the background. It is intended that at some point players will have the option to play these souls and their lives; and during main game play there may be periods of time where these souls are yanked to the fore front of the character and take control of a scene. This should give every player a fun chance to play a duality, because the original character and the person who resides within them may not act or handle situations the same way.

And in addition to this, the Atlantean Soul Character Sheet has been released in the character sheet section. This mini-sheet is simply attached to the bottom of your normal character sheet as additional information.

Juggtacular

Welp...Amarlo has convinced me you guys. I'd like to reserve Trillian.

Wispyr

Quote from: Juggtacular on September 26, 2015, 11:23:58 AM
Welp...Amarlo has convinced me you guys. I'd like to reserve Trillian.
Cause she's awesome like that! Glad to have you on board!

So it is requested, so it shall be marked!

Amarlo

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies