News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Steffy's Magic Shop

Started by Steffy, July 04, 2018, 09:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kit Cat

Quote from: Steffy on July 06, 2018, 03:02:53 PM
Note to all Magicians  The current record for rejection of a Steffy nickname is 9:03 as in minutes and seconds.  Commentators are already saying that time record will never be broken.  (Smile).

Magic Shop Poet Cat
What’s in a name, I have to muse,
Does it matter which moniker we use?
Is identification necessary?
Or can’t we all be called simply ‘me’?

Would a rose by another name smell as sweet?
If you were named Nigel, does it make you elite?
These are questions that go through my mind,
(Though it sounds like they come from my behind)

One thing I’m sure, an absolute fact
After my brain has been well and truly wracked.
Flower is well named within this room
For within those petals, we all bloom!

Kit Cat

Quote from: Courtney on July 06, 2018, 03:22:29 PM
A bit too late! I got a bit ambitious and started rolling with it. You can find what I have so far, here, but it can always be moved later if necessary. Feedback is always welcome, but please do it here or through pm, and not where I'm working on it.

Quote from: Steffy on July 06, 2018, 03:27:14 PM
I'll bet you look sexy in the construction overalls.  Not a problem.  I'll PM the Lexandria with a copy to you and keep it rolling.

Ancient Chinese Proverb

When in doubt, hit it with a hammer

Ancient IT Help Desk Proverb

Switch it off, and then switch it back on again

That is all.

Flower

Quote from: Steffy on July 06, 2018, 03:02:53 PM

Note to all Magicians  The current record for rejection of a Steffy nickname is 9:03 as in minutes and seconds.  Commentators are already saying that time record will never be broken.  (Smile).

Quote from: Kit Cat on July 06, 2018, 03:33:17 PM

Magic Shop Poet Cat
What’s in a name, I have to muse,
Does it matter which moniker we use?
Is identification necessary?
Or can’t we all be called simply ‘me’?

Would a rose by another name smell as sweet?
If you were named Nigel, does it make you elite?
These are questions that go through my mind,
(Though it sounds like they come from my behind)

One thing I’m sure, an absolute fact
After my brain has been well and truly wracked.
Flower is well named within this room
For within those petals, we all bloom!

-applauds-

Bravo!

Steffy

Courtney, PDQ magician and volunteer, I award thee:

A Kiss is not just a kiss

Kit Cat (Magic shop poet laureate) I award thee:

Cat-like insights

Flower I award thee:

Yes, we have no M&Ms or even Ms

Courtney

Awww, thanks Steffy! I put that in my signature! Now, as far as overalls...

Am I wearing them wrong?

Courtney

So here I am, still up at around 1:00am, and still plugging away at the magic shop index. I've been going through the posts, finding useful information to link to, when I ran across a question from our shop kitty that I missed way back when:

QuoteAnd here I thought I was just coming for the cream!
But this magic shop is a sight to be seen!
Where else would a cat come to preen,
And learn all that she can glean.

But riddle me this, riddle me that
How do you make a hidden cat?
(It took a while for this blind bat)
And I won’t keep it under my hat!

The site has this wonderful button called ‘hide’ that allows you to create hidden images between the code when you place the link between. However, to add the wording, you simply need to add = after the first 'spoiler' like and write whatever you wish!

It’s basic for many, I’m sure, but I’m a basic kinda kitten and I was purrroud of myself!

Now if someone can tell me how to put the coding in, so it displays like Courtney was able to demonstrate it, I'd be grateful.

I'll bend over and take my lashings from Steffy when I'm done, but first... I'm assuming you were talking about what I did with the text formatting inside of the spoiler in this post Kitty Cat? Ask, and (nearly 4 days later) you shall receive:

Hello Kitty!

How to pet a cat

Stroke: With the grain of the fur, not against
Avoid: Nose and paws
Effects:Typically results in purring, but your results may vary

[spoiler=Hello Kitty!]
[color=red][b][u]How to pet a cat[/u][/b]

[b][u]Stroke:[/u][/b] With the grain of the fur, not against
[b][u]Avoid:[/u][/b] Nose and paws
[b][u]Effects:[/u][/b]Typically results in purring, but your results may vary[/color][/spoiler]

debutante

I pass a delightful looking little shop....Magic...Jokes.....Hmmmm.....I must remember this is here and come back to it!!

Hi girls....bookmark!!

xo  Debbie
O/O

Steffy

Grab that girl!  It's Debbie.  I think we can turn her into a blonde maid named Elle, but that's writing, not coding magic.  Drat!  Disappeared! 

debutante

I turn and look back at the quaint shop....."Did someone just call my name?"  I wonder...."Or am I just hearing things?"....
Turn back and start to walk once again
O/O

Courtney

"Hey Debbie, come here. I wanna show you something!" I say, taking her hand and then guiding her to our magic box.

"Step on in. Say, you don't mind if you end up with a different head, do you?"

debutante

I did hear someone!!!  Its Courtney!! 

"Hiya Courtney"  I call out as she takes my hand....

She says she wants to show me something??   Okay.....

"Step on in. Say, you don't mind if you end up with a different head, do you?"

"What?"  I giggle.....what is this place???
O/O

Courtney

"It's a magic shop silly. A place for all to talk, share or learn about the different tricks we can use in the magical story thread realm. For instance... Watch as I turn you from brunette to blonde!"

"With just a sprinkle of magic...
With just a wave of my wand...
A look in the mirror
and
Deeeebbieeee issss nowwwwww blonde!"

Link on how to do cool color tricks with text.

debutante

Yikes!!!!!  Im a blonde!!!
(and a very cool link!!)
O/O

Steffy

WARNING, WARNING!!!! OMG!!! It’s a warning!  One thing I’ve just been told is when we’re running the shop in a spot where applicants and very new members are likely to be running about is that until a person has over ten posts on Elliquiy, the coding for images won't work and possibly links won’t either.  So the very newbish one might have issues with that, but it'll clear up once they're a bit more active on the site.  To sound a bit techie I’m told (whisper) it's a hard-coded thing to help prevent spammers

Teacher who looks like Steffy

Learning lesson: Chill!  Be calm!  Posting is fun and after a short bit of that, you have no issues with this not so major warning.

Q. (By Cute Blonde Magician Steffy) Did I fool you?  Best answer: ‘Sure Steffy, very scary, but I’m relieved having read this announcement.  And I’ve learned a lot!’

Quick changing Steffy
WARNING, WARNING!!!! OMG!!! It’s a warning!  For the truly quick learners, this may not raise a moment of scariness.  Basically, plain and simple we’re locating to a different spot.  That may even have been mentioned before.  Sigh, it’s really no big deal and I’m disappointed because it just won’t allow for a bit of ‘the sky is falling’.

Our unidentified pilot – Cou . . .

A STEFFY FYI – A MAGIC SHOP ANNOUNCEMENT I have it on good advice that any Oracle or G-level staff member (Goddess, God, or Genie) can relocate threads if that's ever needed.  There's also little blurbs in each board and subboard that say what they're for, and if you hover your mouse over the name of the boards, there'll be a little pop up that describes it as well (that way you wouldn't have to describe all the things, but generally can indicate where to find the information needed).

***Note the time stamp of this post (that’s a mini-magic trick—reading stuff on a post).  If you’re reading this at least a few days after, you’re in the new spot.  (Giggle, I think).

Mechelle

Like Debbie a little earlier, I am just poking my head through the shop doorway to say hello, and so that I know where it is in the future.

So:"Hello!"

Steffy

Wondering, wondering

There are no coincidences!  My friend Mechelle pops into the Shop.  “Welcome Mistress of Disguise.”   (Giggle).  “Everyone, allow me to introduce Mechelle.  She is so very interesting.  Sometimes she ‘detectives’, BUT other times she runs a bar—the sort of place one can go, get a drink and meet interesting people.  I like the name Mechelle.  The Steel Horse, right?”

“I heard some thought had been given to the Iron Maiden, but . . . I’m sorry, wandering.  Here’s a question for you.  Did you watch the Brits score 2 in a pub?  And what was the brew that was tipped when those ‘spoiled children’ spanked the Swedes?  And just where the heck is the Steel Horse?  That’s a request for the URL.”   (Note to self: get pic of cute wink).

Mechelle

I did, Steffy, although it was England who beat Sweden and I was watching in a pub in Rhyl, in Wales. The beer I drank was, appropriately perhaps, Blod Wen and Freak Chick. As our friend Taffy Silk would tell us, Blod wen is Welsh for white flower.

I don't think we sell either of those beers but visitors would be very welcome. You can find it here, and there is an also an OOC page on the same thread.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=289530.msg14259841#new

Steffy

I’m not sure if my eye is tearing.  “Remember that time when Angie got so drunk at the old Steel Horse, she took her top off, then she . . . oh, am I imagining the future?  Let me take a quick peak.” 

Steel Horse quick peak and an idea

Looks like a fun time
For a fun time → https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=289530.msg14259841#new←
Looks great for a girls’ night out, BUT need some non-ex-pats.
Maybe ex-pats invite a non-expat.
I got first dibs on Flower.

Wowser!  “It looks like it’s in simmer mode, just poised for some heavy visits.  I could not sing there if that would help.”

Kit Cat

Quote from: Mechelle on July 08, 2018, 12:07:18 PM
I did, Steffy, although it was England who beat Sweden and I was watching in a pub in Rhyl, in Wales. The beer I drank was, appropriately perhaps, Blod Wen and Freak Chick. As our friend Taffy Silk would tell us, Blod wen is Welsh for white flower.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=289530.msg14259841#new

Used to visit down that way a lot when at Shell Island, Mechelle.

Strangely in a pub in Birmingham, the brewers decided to serve a Chris Kamara...I doubt that would be a popular one for the Steel Horse, either!

Flower

Here's some code I don't plan to use. :) If you don't want a small picture, you can always use spaces. Anyways, it's just a way to keep track of all your writing. If you're like me, sometimes you forget what stories you have where and with who.

Solos

Group Roleplays

Title          Partner          Status                        Title

Kit Cat

Quote from: Flower on July 08, 2018, 02:20:14 PM
Here's some code I don't plan to use. :) If you don't want a small picture, you can always use spaces. Anyways, it's just a way to keep track of all your writing. If you're like me, sometimes you forget what stories you have where and with who.

Solos

Group Roleplays

Title          Partner          Status                        Title

Oh that is exactly the kind of thing I've been trying to work out when it comes to the list of poems, drabbles and stories in my Scratching Post, Flower! I just never could work it out.

Now I have a head start! purrrfect!

Flower

Yay! If you need more help, just ask me. :)

Flower

Kit Cat

Think I need more work lol!

I can get this far, but when I try and put list below the right title, it ends up coming to the side of it. Am I missing something?

Word of the Day

Poetry Corner

Poem                      Drabble           Story                                  Title

Flower

Hmm well first off you have a bunch of tds that you don't need. I removed them. I can't figure out how to do the titles though.

Poem     Drabble     Story     Title