Doomtown (A Deadlands RPG/Interest Check)

Started by Ciosa, February 23, 2013, 04:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phaia

O:) O:) O:)

okay i wont mention it again Ciosa!!

After checking the stuff...I think I will just avoid being a Hunter and instead go with a gambler/lady of the evening ... if she can have the nifty english bulldog pistol, love the look as well as it beinga break down self extracting 5 shot.

Yes she packs after all a lot of the gents think she cheats or can be muscled

Phaia

Pumpkin Seeds

:: snatches Phaia's bullet from the air with her chi::

Muse

Here's my concept: 

Mathew Cutbhert was born in Oregon, son of a prosperous horse rancher.  He wasn't afraid of hard work growing up, but liked to get into al kinds of trouble when he had free time, from climbing trees to putting snakes in girls' wardrobes. 

He wasn't cruel, just mischievous. In fact, a few of the local boys and girls went to him for help when the genuinely cruel local children had it in for them. 

Now Mathew’s maternal uncle was a freewheeling good for nothing named Able Cory.  Able had been a compulsive gambler ever since he found his grandmother’s first edition of Hoyle’s Book of Games.  They said he couldn’t go five minutes without fiddling with the deck of cards he always carried—unless it was to fondle a saloon girl. 

When Mathew was Nine, Able came home missing an eye—he said something about a poker match with the devil himself, but was never more specific.  Settling in with his sister’s family for a few years, he taught all the kids their letters and numbers, and taught Mathew everything he knew about cards, knives, six guns, women, and Hoyle’s book of games. 

It was surely no surprise that, by the time he was nineteen, Mat could be found far from Oregon, gambling, wenching, and getting into trouble… 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Pumpkin Seeds

I will be angling for a member of the Maze Rats.  Currently she will be trained in the martial arts but lacking the mystical aspect.  Perhaps later she will come into her own.  Hopefully though she will become a force for her people in the area in lifting them up and securing respect for them.

Ciosa

Hey everyone!  Loving the concepts I'm seeing so far.  I encourage people to put a short description of their concept here, and I appreciate the bravery of jumping in with a concept - and a backstory, but I'm going to request concepts and character histories go via PM to me.  I want their to be an air of mystery about the other characters in the game, as half the fun is going to be deciding who you can trust.  :D

I'm going to post a list of questions up on the wiki, at the end, and go to work on the character creation section today.  The history section is complete (yay!) and I'll go to work filling in the Edges and Hindrances today. 

Wulfspire

Ciosa

There is now a character sheet at the bottom of the introductory post of this thread.

Do not post completed character sheets here!!  Please PM them to me with the heading of Doomtown: <character name> as the title of the PM.

xPeachyPuff

Awesome! That was so quick, Ciosa (:

I've already started putting something together and will try and get if finished sometime soon; tonight I hope!

EDIT: Just letting you know, the Edges on the Wiki haven't got descriptions. (Am looking at it now and thought I should throw this out there.)

-xSRx

Ciosa

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on February 26, 2013, 01:27:02 PM
Awesome! That was so quick, Ciosa (:

I've already started putting something together and will try and get if finished sometime soon; tonight I hope!

EDIT: Just letting you know, the Edges on the Wiki haven't got descriptions. (Am looking at it now and thought I should throw this out there.)

-xSRx

They should, now.  Took me a bit to code the Dinero/Belongings table.

Michael Corvus

I'll toss my hat in this game. Don't know the setting, but I think I can figure it out.
My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

Ciosa

Quote from: Michael Corvus on February 26, 2013, 10:12:33 PM
I'll toss my hat in this game. Don't know the setting, but I think I can figure it out.

It's all right.  The history section of the wiki covers the things you need to know about the setting, and I'll be adding more details about Gomorra in particular.

Crash

Hmm, looks like we are already getting some Huckster concepts already.  What else?  Maybe a good old fashion gunslinger.

Oooo, Gamorra in the Maze.  Ghost Rock Miner might be good too!  I know a bit about Native American in California as well.  That could be a lot of fun.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Ciosa

Dhi

I might be in the mood for a western, and Deadlands comes with high praise, though I've never ventured into it.

How appropriate would an utter noncombatant be to the setting?

Phaia

Quote from: Dhi on February 27, 2013, 06:19:59 AM
I might be in the mood for a western, and Deadlands comes with high praise, though I've never ventured into it.

YEAAA!!! DHI

come on down hun...I have never really played it myself but have always been a fan of the setting...read everything i could!!

Lots of noncombatants but everyone should know how to use those shootin irons...even if ya just have a shot gun...
A saloon owner!! head of a brotherl!!... The lady DOC!!...mad sciencist!!...or heck go wild and be anna lockey type...out shoot, outdrink and outride [in more ways then one] the guys!!

Phaia

Pumpkin Seeds

My character doesn't know how to shoot!

:: hides::

Phaia

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on February 27, 2013, 07:56:36 AM
My character doesn't know how to shoot!

:: hides::

yea but then ya got that kun fuyy silly frener hoppin 'round going HAAAA and YAAAA stuff!!

Phaia

Pumpkin Seeds

Love And Submission

So has anyone actually officially joined this game or has it started?

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Pumpkin Seeds

To my knowledge the game hasn't officially started.  All character sheets are supposed to be sent to the GM through private message right now. 

Crash

Quote from: Dhi on February 27, 2013, 06:19:59 AM

Dhi - Your looking into Deadlands too?  That's great.

You can definately make non-combative characters.  Most do have at least a point in shootin' so they know the right end of a gun, but you can go non-com and still have fun.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Pumpkin Seeds

Honestly going over the aptitude list there are quite a few non-combat ones.  There are also a good bit of non-combat edges as well.  Very easy to make a social character I am sure or a tinkering type character if you just wanted to be an intellectual type.

Phaia

Quote from: Crash on February 27, 2013, 09:16:25 AM
Dhi - Your looking into Deadlands too?  That's great.

You can definately make non-combative characters.  Most do have at least a point in shootin' so they know the right end of a gun, but you can go non-com and still have fun.

I think its alway fun to be dressed in frilly stuff then pull up a pistol and shoot the varment 'tween  the eyes. "well someone had to shoot him and you all were busy looking scared"

Phaia

Crash

Agatha Dunwich - Owner of Agatha's Occidental Delights, purveyor of wonderous machines and fine clockwork.  Agatha is new to Gamorra, but her shop has gained some notoriety for its reasonable prices and Agatha's willingness to custom built items for her customers.  It is rumored that some of her inventions have made thier way into the Brothels of Gamorra and are living up to her shops name.

Yes Phaia, another female character. What can I say? I find them more interesting at the moment. :p

xPeachyPuff

I've sent in my character sheet (:

Annabel Montgomery - A simple Saloon Girl with a terrible past is all I have to say about her at the moment, haha (:

-xSRx