Pathfinder campagin recruitment 'Storm Riders'

Started by Elven Sex Goddess, April 28, 2014, 09:06:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, if there is room I would have some char concepts;

1) Is figther archtype; Rough Rider allowed?

2) A bard with Animal Speaker archtype? He is kind 'horse whisperer' who could tend horses and help train them. Or tame ones if loose some of them in battles.

3) Rogue with survivalist archype? I thought he could be similar to ranger but more a scout sort who can survive long times in wilderness alone (scouting far ahead or behind enemy lines).

4) Sorcerer with sylvan bloodline? Arcane magic is kind must for any serious campaign (so much utility stuff besides fireball). Magic would focus mostly enchantments, buffing or other nature/animal themes.

Krule

Shoot, I completely forgot about the animal companion with the Fey-Sylvan bloodline..

on another note, those of us with the less powerful version of animal companion, is the boon companion feat allowed?
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/boon-companion

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: Muse on May 15, 2014, 12:55:24 AM
Would you consider, as an alternative to the racial class, letting players have the option to use this centaur racial build and missing out on leveling up once to make up for the power differential? 

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/more-races/monstrous-races-21-30-rp/centaur-28-rp

...And I was nearly done with character generation and writeup.

Will wait to hear back from ESG on this. I haven't worked with the Race Point building system previously so I'm not entirely sure what to do with that page.

Most of the discussion I've read about centaur PCs seems to consider them a 'weaker' choice for a monster PC race due to having the disadvantages of Large size without the advantages (as they can only use medium weapons/equipment, have to pay for large armor and do not have the standard reach of a Large monster.).

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 15, 2014, 03:08:42 AM
Hmmm, if there is room I would have some char concepts;

1) Is figther archtype; Rough Rider allowed?

2) A bard with Animal Speaker archtype? He is kind 'horse whisperer' who could tend horses and help train them. Or tame ones if loose some of them in battles.

3) Rogue with survivalist archype? I thought he could be similar to ranger but more a scout sort who can survive long times in wilderness alone (scouting far ahead or behind enemy lines).

4) Sorcerer with sylvan bloodline? Arcane magic is kind must for any serious campaign (so much utility stuff besides fireball). Magic would focus mostly enchantments, buffing or other nature/animal themes.

Hi  Zaer  to answer your questions.

1.  Yes the Rough rider of the fighter is allowed
2.  I have said no to the bard request in the past.   Simply because no one could give me a valid way to make it fit.  Other then just asking if a bard is allowed.   So with your insightful suggestion with the animal speaker arch type.  It is a yes to such.   
3.   Unlike the bard,  I had already consider the survivalist of the Rogue class.  It seem more lone wolf,  already covered in a few of the other available options to be able to scout ahead of need be and no clear cut tie to the theme of a horse troop.   So  I am for now saying no.
4.  I am intrigued with the suggest in regards to a sorcerer with the sylvan arch type.   Again it shows me how it can fit.   With stipulation  the companion must be either a horse or even a pony such as a war pony.     So its a yes then like the bard.   

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on May 15, 2014, 06:38:28 AM
...And I was nearly done with character generation and writeup.

Will wait to hear back from ESG on this. I haven't worked with the Race Point building system previously so I'm not entirely sure what to do with that page.

Most of the discussion I've read about centaur PCs seems to consider them a 'weaker' choice for a monster PC race due to having the disadvantages of Large size without the advantages (as they can only use medium weapons/equipment, have to pay for large armor and do not have the standard reach of a Large monster.).

I am not hard and fast with it.  I will go with either option the players want,  what I suggested or the link to the pathfinder page Muse posted.   Through once one is chosen is the one we stick with. 

Zaer Darkwail

Okay, thanks answering the questions. I ponder on will I roll with animal speaking bard, rough rider or sorcerer with sylvan ancestry.

Tomorrow will be spend on exam so will try form something in saturday something of presentable charsheet.

Krule

Rhialla is a cleric of Erastil, her people were forced to flee the west, scattering the community that she was part of, so she now she sees her troop as her community and her charge.  Because of her community being forced to flee, she now fights to bring peace back to the land and to once more strengthen the small communities within the west, for her king, her god and her people.  Her parents were both killed when the war came to her small community, and her her sister is presently working in the east in building a new community out of what was left of her former community, but Miravel needed to take more significant action, she wasn't content to rebuild, she wanted to make her nation safe for for all of the many communities out there, having a somewhat broader view of community then some followers of Erastil might, though her primary concern is the community closest to her.

Before she was born her mother was exposed to the energies of the outer planes, in particular the celestial planes of good, and somehow that changed her in the womb, she was born with some minor elven apperances, but she has a glow about her, a hint a more celestial heritage in her very blood.  Neutral good, she's a mediator by nature with regards to her people, which at this time she sees as her fellow riders, but she's not just a peacemaker, her experience with her parents death and fighting to get her community to the east, she's become a protector and a warrior against those who would bring evil and discord to her community, which she sees in several levels (troop, people, nation).   

Graceful, beautiful, wise, intelligent and strong willed, with a love for animals (especially horses) a talent for riding, and is a very alert and perceptive individual.  She is also capable archer, and her devotion to her deity grants her access to the animal and good domains.  She wears her deities holy symbol, that of a golden bow, on a chain around her neck, and will often touch it when she's feeling uneasy or uncertain, or just feels the need for some measure of reassurance.  She looks to the good of those around her over her own, she sees her as a sort of chaplain/caregiver/peacemaker with regards to her troop, as they are now her community, her village so to speak. 

Sexual Orientation: Rhialla is bisexual and also fairly uninhibited with regards to nudity, she's not embarrassed by her body in any way and would strip and bath in mixed company without any sense of embarrassment.  Other then this, however, she's fairly traditional in her view of sex.

Turn On's: Affection, Love, Music, Romance
Turn Off's: Site Limits, Pain, Torture, etc. (Really anything that a traditional minded neutral good character might have trouble with)

Character Sheet
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Rhialla
Class: Cleric (of Erastil)
Race: Aasimar

Attributes
Strength 10                 Dexterity 14          Constitution 10
Intelligence 12             Wisdom 18           Charisma      15

Skills (with Ranks in them)

Diplomacy [Charisma] = 1 Rank + 3 Class + 2 Charisma + 2 Racial = 8
Knowledge (Religion) [Intelligence] = 1 Rank + 3 Class + 1 Intelligence = 5
Perception [Wisdom] = 1 Rank + 3 Class + 4 Wisdom + 2 Racial + 1 Trait = 11
Ride [Dexterity] = 1 Rank + 3 Class + 2 Dexterity + 1 Trait = 7

Feat
Point-Blank Shot (1st)

Class Effects
Aura of Good
Spontaneous Casting (cure spells)
Channel Energy 1d6 (3+ Charisma Mod times per day)
Domains: Animal, Good
Spells per Day: Orisons (3), 1st (2+Domain)
Domain Powers
- Animal (Speak with animals (as per spell) 3+level rounds per day), Animal Companion (Gained at level 4, same as ranger)
- Good (Touch of Good (4+Wisdom Mod) times per day, lasts 1/2 cleric level (min 1)), Holy Lance (Gained at level 8, make weapon holy for 1/2 cleric rounds)

Languages: Common, Celestial, Elven
Traits: Beast Bond (+ 1 to Handle Animal & Ride, Ride is a class Skill), Seeker (+1 to Perception, Perception is a class skill)

Equipment: Composite Longbow, Hide Armor, 2 Quiver w/20 arrows each, Morningstar, 2 Daggers, Holy Symbol(carved wood, painted gold), a weeks worth of trail rations

Elven Sex Goddess

Krule

Thank you, just realized that I forgot to add her equipment, but it's going to be fairly basic, armor, bow, dagger, holy symbol, quiver, rations, so edited in..  presently can't get the armor I want for her, but she'll make do with hide for now.

Hmm, do we need to purchase saddlebags or saddles?  Or will those be provided with the horse?

Elven Sex Goddess

no pay,  provided saddlebags, saddle also  along with bit and bridle.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

*Hours of image-search later*

Apparently most centaurs are big-titted females, or scraggly-scruffy viking types...Also, there's an immense chunk of the internet that doesn't know the difference between a centaur and a fawn.

EDIT:
ESG, Starting gold for Centaur as per Fighter? I'm assuming my armor cost is going to be x4 (per Table 6.8 p.153). Ouch.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

Green Goo Theory

I can't seem to find it.  Did anyone make a druid of any kind yet?  I can attempt to fix my last attempt at playing a druid in PF.
Coming soon...

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Not 100% finished, but here's most of a character sheet for my centaur, Lark. I assumed starting gold as per fighter. (His pre-racials point-buy was 14,12,14,15,7,14 and yes, I am clearly more about having fun than min-maxing. Also a bit about flexibility since at 5th level he could change classes and we will hopefully survive long enough for that to be an issue).

Some character imagery

(What he thinks he looks like in his shiny new gear, but he's a bit too gangly and coltish to really pull off that level of badass)

Personality - Lark is 16, brash and cocky and entirely too cheerful and outgoing for anyone's good, especially since you can't put pants on him. He's damnfool enough to think this is all going to be a great adventure, and since he's a centaur who has mostly grown up surrounded by humans he thinks he's pretty tough. We'll see if he faints when the blood starts to flow...

Background - Lark is the offspring of a couple of centaur traders who used to make the rounds despite how bad things were getting. Unfortunately, something rather awful happened to them one night about ten years ago, (Lark, who was traumatized by the event, still doesn't remember what and really doesn't like to discuss it) and the terrified colt turned up at the home of a local village smith and his wife. Once the town had assured themselves that there was nothing further that could be done for his parents, the question arose of what to do with Lark. Nobody could say with any certainty what tribe or clan his folk belong to, so it was decided to keep him about until someone came looking. No-one did. Eventually, he came to think of the smith and his wife as his parents...And so did everyone else. He remains a gangly, somewhat leggily coltish figure of a fellow; tousel-maned, tangle-tailed and big-hooved in a way that suggests he hasn't finished growing into his own horseshoes. And somehow, as he's come into his teen years, his cheery impishness seems determined to prove a bit of a temptation to anyone with a libido. Since he was young, Lark has spent no small amount of his time hacking away with branches at bushes and charging past trees with sticks, determined that he was going to be a warrior and that nothing bad was going to happen to his new family. He's grown up a bit more quickly in a physical sense than a mental one, and now that the king's recruiters have swept through the town looking for cavalry, nothing could convince him not to sign up to 'protect his people.' His foster parents (and a few of the townsfolk who for one reason or another felt that if they couldn't persuade him, they could at least try to give him a fighting chance) have managed to equip him and get him a few lessons in swordsmanship and the actual use of the lance. (Hah, fooled ya. He's an orphan...But he DOES have a family. I just need the name of a small town somewhere in Valarian...)

Sexual Orientation - At this juncture Lark is rather open-minded and inexperienced. You can consider him bisexual (though it's closer to "try-"sexual...he's a teenage male with an attitude that pretty much everybody around him isn't like him anyway so he doesn't really have the hangups about gender one might expect) and he's sort-of used to being considered a pervert simply due to his nature (there's absolutely no hiding it when someone's gained his attention. See the earlier comment about pants.) and the fact that, having grown up around non-centaurs, he's rather more used to thinking in terms of humanoid definitions of 'pretty.' The one thing he has going for him is that he's got such a friendly way with words that he's genuinely tough to embarrass.

Turn Ons/Offs - Currently Lark's feeling plucky and adventurous. Anything strange will require some convincing on the part of whoever is suggesting it, and Lark isn't going to be convinced to do anything really filthy or painful, but other than that, well, he's a bit naive, and a lot curious (also, unsurprisingly, a lot horny and really bad at hiding it) so the real question is what you can convince him of. Bonus points for dressage if someone can talk him into a harness and make him feel pretty-oh-so-pretty. ;D Lark's own preferences amount to basically no harm, no abuse, no filth. (Note that the player's limits are pretty darned extensive, so that's unlikely to be an issue).

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

SheerFantasia

Now that E.S.G. has approved it; here is the Char. Sheet for Eran: Aasimar Samurai

APPEARANCE

PERSONALITY
Eran has a fairly easy-going, happy-go-lucky manner until there is a job at hand, at which point he is noticeably colder and more mercenary like.  He is occasionally prone to black moods, but not enough to have a stain on his reputation.  Though he tries to find the best solution to problems, he is not above resorting to ethically/morally dubious remedies to stubborn issues.

Though he’d like to be wealthy, gold has a tendency to run through his fingers like water as he is always among the first to sponsor money for good-times and good-cheer.

Finally, he is hoping that this new cavalry unit he is joining will be more like a family to him than the one he had.

BACKGROUND
Eran, born Kousei, was the son of a provincial governor and a shrine maiden who was politically forced to marry.  The marriage was not wholly unsufferable for her until Kousei’s birth.  Because his appearance was so different, the governor suspected his wife of infidelity, not realising she was of several generations descended from angel-bloodline.  During adolescence, his mother was killed during a drunken rage by his father, whose mood had never since recovered, and he was sold to a local brothel of the Calistria.

Before coming of age, he mainly worked under the clergy, and though to too temperamental to take their teachings to heart, he did learn of herbs and healing.  Later, he began working with the establishment’s clientele, where, with his easy and kind manner, along with his looks, which barely changed over the years; he afforded a comfortable life, which might have continued until his father visited.

A decade had passed and the governor had forgotten, but not Kousei.  It was not his father’s patronage to a brothel that caused him to snap, but the later realisation that the man had sired several other, older half-brothers and sisters across the city’s brothels, which meant that his accusations of infidelity were largely hypocritical.  His anger simmered over the unjust death of his mother until he could take it no more.

One night, Kousei offered to service the governor himself, and when the ageing man was disrobing, impaled him with his own sword, reminding him of who he was and the death of his mother.  Taking all the valuables off the corpse, including the sword, he fled and has never looked back.

He went west (or similar direction to Valaria), changing his name to something more in accordance with the native tongue.  Once in Valaria, he heard of the announcement for the King’s need for horsemen, where he saw it as an opportunity to stop being a wandering ronin and make a name for himself.

ERAN's O/Os
& Sexual Orientation
Sexual Orientation: Bi.  For the most part Eran strongly favours women, but does not shy away from men if he’s bored enough and other prospects don’t seem forthcoming.

O/Os:Perhaps as a result of his years during which he worked in a Calistrian brothel, Eran favours somewhat older women of noble birth or positions of power (such guard captain) – in short, people who are through playing mind games and can handle themselves.

On the whole, he keeps his relationships lusty, casual and short. So far he has deftly avoided commitments of any kind, as he secretly fears that he may end up not being a better man than his father, given his inexperience with a real relationship.

Hence; flirtatious barmaids, harlots who are war-profiteering on victorious soldiers, noblewomen looking for a secret tryst are more enticing to him than smitten, pandering girls or lonely widows looking for a new husband, however amorously they may present themselves.  He may be tempted to change if the right woman comes along, but thus far, his lifestyle has not placed him in contact with such a woman.

As a physical person, he allows his strength to do the talking in the bedroom, and takes notice of those who can match him.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

Zaer Darkwail

Hi, still looking applicants? I was bit busy in weekend and start of the week so had no time type charsheet :(.

Anyways I decided go with a sylvan sorcerer with horse animal companion. If there is room.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 21, 2014, 06:35:01 PM
Hi, still looking applicants? I was bit busy in weekend and start of the week so had no time type charsheet :(.

Anyways I decided go with a sylvan sorcerer with horse animal companion. If there is room.

Yes their is room,  still right now in recruiting phase.  I say a few weeks away from getting started.   I am taking time to see who is serious.   Its a lot of work investing time towards a campaign and want it to get off strong.   

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I will go pic hunting and make sheet tomorrow then.

Muse

*Waves* 

I'm still here. 

Is Jereth working for you as is?  IF so, I'll hunt up a picture for him. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Shaitan

I'm still breathing and interested as well, watching the thread to keep posted.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Muse on May 21, 2014, 08:56:41 PM
*Waves* 

I'm still here. 

Is Jereth working for you as is?  IF so, I'll hunt up a picture for him.

Sure is :)

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on May 21, 2014, 06:47:17 PM
Yes their is room,  still right now in recruiting phase.  I say a few weeks away from getting started.   I am taking time to see who is serious.   Its a lot of work investing time towards a campaign and want it to get off strong.

Good to know the timeframe. If a GM doesn't comment for a few days, one otherwise might get concerned. ;)

Any thoughts on Lark, so far? I'd asked about using starting gold for a fighter, assumed his saddlebags were free, and worked up his sheet so far on that basis, but didn't see a response from you about the question.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

SheerFantasia

Still very much interested in this RP, and keeping an eye out for its commencement!

Zaer Darkwail

Lucian Meadow

Background

Lucian Meadow was found in forest by a gnome hunter, who took him in and after while checking had some villages been raided or has been there missing children no one admitted child to be theirs (child had clear distinct dark green eyes). In compassion the gnome ranger adopted the child to himself and took as part of the family. Child grew to young boy who was closely attuned to nature and grew to love animals all kinds and is highly compassionate about them. But he is more alienated from regular humans and feels familiarity to folks of nature; gnomes, halflings, elves and so on.

Early on Lucian's talents in sorcery manifested and his adopted family's uncle was sorcerer also and he started educate Lucian into the arts. Lucian became a huntsman like his father had and he formed a bond with a black stallion which he named as Shadowchase which was given on his sixteenth birthday. He worked part of local militia for years, not see conflict but he worked as outrider scout and huntsman.

When kingdom called for people to liberate their former lands, he felt call for adventure and as most his family members are adventurers (or retired ones) they supported his choice and made grand farewell party for him as he went to sign up to become Storm Rider.

Isengrad

Now, since their is a cleric, should I change the direction i was going with with my pally.. or do you think the Hospitaler would till be needed?

original artwork by karabiner

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Isengrad on May 22, 2014, 12:23:55 PM
Now, since their is a cleric, should I change the direction i was going with with my pally.. or do you think the Hospitaler would till be needed?

Go with the one that you really want to play which is I assume the Paladin.