Terra's Rebirth. Crew needed aboard the Dirty Ivan. Apply within. Interest check

Started by DartimusRae, November 17, 2013, 07:27:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkNevaeh

DartimusRae

yes.

Now, as this is a "group" game, please invite other writers that might be interested. we want a good sized group before the Ivan leaves Terra again ((at least three more players)). Also, i will be working on intro posts for both the Terra thread, and the Ivan.

kckolbe

So does he transform into those "forms" or is that just what he believes he looks like?
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

DarkNevaeh

he actually changes body type.  Think like doctor who, but changes only to these 4 and only by sneezing

Caela

Quote from: DarkNevaeh on November 19, 2013, 07:45:17 AM
he actually changes body type.  Think like doctor who, but changes only to these 4 and only by sneezing

That's going to wreak havoc on his/her wardrobe!

Dart and Rhin, sorry for not posting my CS here first. I saw the "character submission" thread and thought that was where we were supposed to submit them for approval. If you want I can easily move her here until you have the chance to look her over.

knightsdestiny

I like the detail put here.... I'd be interested in playing a healer sort for you in this if you'd have me. :D

curiouskitty

I'm really intrigued by this idea, but I've never done a group rp before. How would the posting work? Would you set up a turn based system or is it more free form? Would there be a minimum length requirement? Sorry for all the questions  :-[
O/O's.
Requests
RP Status:Open

RhinSama

Quote from: knightsdestiny on November 19, 2013, 10:46:41 AM
I like the detail put here.... I'd be interested in playing a healer sort for you in this if you'd have me. :D
We'd love to have you! Also we'd welcome another healer

RhinSama

Quote from: curiouskitty on November 19, 2013, 11:31:42 AM
I'm really intrigued by this idea, but I've never done a group rp before. How would the posting work? Would you set up a turn based system or is it more free form? Would there be a minimum length requirement? Sorry for all the questions  :-[
Its free form system. So no turned base posting. Also we'd like to see at least one paragraph a post.

RhinSama

Quote from: Caela on November 19, 2013, 09:19:02 AM
That's going to wreak havoc on his/her wardrobe!

Dart and Rhin, sorry for not posting my CS here first. I saw the "character submission" thread and thought that was where we were supposed to submit them for approval. If you want I can easily move her here until you have the chance to look her over.
She's approved hun!

kckolbe

Character Skeletons

《Steven C. Odekirk》

『Laziness is the first step towards efficiency』

____________My I.D.
My Names»» 【Scod】
My Weight»» 195
My Height»» 6'1"
My Choice»» ____Heterosexual
My Race»»MetaHuman
My Mech/Ship»»None

____________My Life

My Powers»»Seer-Scod occasionally has glimpses of the future, and they can be quite vivid.  Unfortunately, he also has a vivid imagination.
My story»»If there were Seers in the days of ancient gods, they were never happy.  Sure, they lived a nicer life than other commoners, but no one ever trusted them when it mattered, and they were constantly faulted for all little developments.  The trick, Scod had learned, was keep that shit to yourself.  Have a vision about the future?  Quietly use that knowledge to your advantage.  Try to use it to impress someone?  You're popular for two days until you get something wrong or just don't see anything new.
Scod lived a fairly quiet childhood.  He got accepted to a trade school as a teenager and did well enough to find himself in apprenticeship programs from there.  He was far from the best technician, but his occasional ability to "troubleshoot" upcoming mechanical failures earned him high praise.  Unfortunately, he lost his extremely benefit-heavy job when something actually heavy fell on his left arm and forced the amputation of his left arm just below the elbow.  Fortunately, one of the parting benefits included a disturbingly expensive cybernetic arm complete with a built in toolkit of sorts.  Small screwdrivers and wrenches are always on hand for Scod, as is a small taser-like device that accounts for his self-defense capabilities.

My Puppeteer »»kckolbe

(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

RhinSama

Faeli

Character Skeletons

Erica Vines

"Well that's interesting... I've never heard such a terrible lie."

Weight»» 127
Height»» 5'3"
Sexual Preference»» ____Bisexual
Race»»MetaHuman
My Mech/Ship»»None

My Powers»»Telepathy-Erika can send her thoughts across short distances and is able to give others ideas without them being fully aware where the idea came from.  She is most effective at this when the target is distracted or asleep.  She is, further, capable of reading thoughts, although she will sometimes get the wrong person, especially in crowds.
Telekinetics-though limited, Erika is able to exert force on inanimate objects, sending small items wizzing around the room or sending large items toppling.  She isn't able to actually lift extreme weights, however, and requires absolute concentration to do anything.  She is also able to use telekinetics to access a number of computer systems, although she lacks the knowledge to use this skill to any productive extent.

My Puppeteer »»Faeli!

Backstory »»Erika was one of the inmates from Terra's days as a prison planet.  Like any girl with mysterious powers that could influence the thoughts of others, Erika found naughty uses for her powers, specifically causing others to think that they were in love with her.

Unfortunately, such mental deception is tiring, and it was only a matter of time before she wasn't able to maintain the effort needed to convince her impromptu lover that they wanted to be in a relationship with her, and they would inevitably lead.  Some of the smarter ones attempted to inform the authorities, of course, but with absolutely nothing indicating that the relationship was anything other than mutual except what was effectively buyer's remorse, the authorities did little and less.

Erika, for her part, really hated being abandoned, and her pettiness was what eventually led to her downfall.  Once she eventually decided that simply using her mental gimmicks alone wouldn't do, she did the next best thing:  Old fashioned handcuffs.  Unfortunately, she was very much a welter-weight when it came to anything resembling physical dominance and her short foray into slave-holding ended rather abruptly with a head-butt and her would-be servant getting ahold of the key.

This now being a second report, and this time with physical evidence, the authorities actually managed to figure out what was going on and sentenced Erika to Terra.  While she was initially depressed, the decision actually was a fantastic one for her, for the first several years prior to the riots saw the girl able to dive into the dreams of any number of people, influence the shape of said dreams, and effectively have no repercussions for her dalliances.  The Riots, however, changed that.  How was she to know that all the men and women she had been tormenting would eventually go free?  She has had to live through quite a bit of revenge throughout the years, and she can't seem to move into a community for long before those who have tormented dreams (whether caused by her or not) inevitably begin to blame her and come for revenge during the daylight hours.

Erika has now decided that, what she needs, is a small shuttle or freighter or something... some mobile place to call home where she won't be around long enough for the locals to figure out who she is and what she does...

OOC Synoposis »»
Erika is quite the naughty girl!  However, she has learned over the years not to stir the pot as she is completely helpless in any sort of physical confrontation.  She is insatiably curious and will doubtless peek into people's psyche's, she won't use her powers meaningfully against any other player as she's tired of the repercussions.  Basically, if some of you fancy being dream-mollested, we can assume Erika would get bored one night and try it (intending not to get noticed.)  If you aren't into that, then obviously have no fear about Erika actually doing anything to you :P

DarkNevaeh

Faeli

RhinSama

Ohhhh......I certainly like Erica. She has full approval from the both of us. Also....is she a felon or a misdemeanor?

Faeli

Quote from: RhinSama on November 20, 2013, 10:56:53 PM
Ohhhh......I certainly like Erica. She has full approval from the both of us. Also....is she a felon or a misdemeanor?

I assume kidnapping is a felony

RhinSama

DartimusRae

Heheh. I can't wait to have Micah and Erica meet. Battle of the minds. You should pm me so we can plot that out.

knightsdestiny

A quick sketch of what I have in mind....

Name: Maya Ineriel
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 141 Lbs
Hair: Black
Eyes: Green
Distinguishing Marks: Small birthmark shaped approximately like a crescent moon on her left palm.

Mutation Abilities: Maya has the ability and talent to heal the body as well as the mind. She can heal by touch through the transfer of energy or through Empathy (taking wounds into herself). Maya is able to see into a person, to see what is wrong with them, this can be physical or emotional and with this comes visions.

Drawbacks: The channeling of energy is tiring and can leave Maya exhausted if enough is done at one time and healing through empathy can be fatal if the injuries she takes are bad enough. When she looks into someone to find their ailments, she does not control the visions of people she sees and so may see things that she doesn't want to see.

Personality: Maya seems shy, but this is only due to a difficulty to trust people. Anyone that can get past that would find that Maya can be the sort of friend that you want to have. She is loyal and compassionate, always there in the worst and best of times. She rexpects life and does not like killing, but she has done it before, though it is something that she does not like to talk about. Maya is also a spiritual sort. Though she understands the science behind what has given her the ability to heal and see as she does, she still believes that there is a power beyond the science.

(History to come once I read the intro again. Let me know what you think so far though :) )

kckolbe

I just realized that in our efforts to let each other play our first desire, neither Dark nor I made an engineer.  I'll convert my guy to warp drive fixer-upper type person.

Apology
Sorry for getting overly technical.  In leyman's terms, that means a mechanic that can fix warp drives.  Plenty more jargon where that came from

Intro Thread

kckolbe

Intro Thread

RhinSama

Knight, I like the character concept. Though please bare in mind that we do have two other healers.

KC, You most certainly have my permission. Also yay to someone who can fix that bloody warp drive!

kckolbe

Intro Thread

RhinSama