Vampire the Masquerade - Interest Check

Started by AndyZ, November 02, 2011, 10:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyZ

I've seen a number of games talking about Vampire the Masquerade.  Now, I'm not looking to run this, but I think that there's a strong interest for it and that somebody out there would probably be interested in running the game if enough people show interest in playing.

I drop down this interest check to see who would be interested in playing and who would be interested in running.  I know some people were also talking about Requiem, and they can always make up a thread if they like, but I'm hoping to see if there's enough interest for Masquerade on this one.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Bloody Rose

I am in but not gmin'g it is always good to play a good vampire game ^^

Dizzied

I've personally been toying with the idea of running a Vampire game, since I have time, and a plot/setting in mind. But...

I don't think my games are for everyone. I try to capture the horror of a Vampire game, with a cup of political machinations, a healthy dose of thriller and a dash or two of action movie...if that makes any sense at all. Also, while I do like the setting and lore behind Masquerade, I despise the system...certain disciplines and skills are very unbalanced, and while I tend to trust players not to abuse them, it can lead to trouble. For this reason I like to use the NWOD system with Masquerade's clans, Camarilla, Sabbat, and setting in general. Theres a nice little translation guide available that makes this pretty simple.

With that said, I'd probably only update the game once, maybe twice a day if everyone's had a chance to respond. Slow and steady is my style with these things. Players would have to be patient and hopefully long-time members of the site.

Players would have to be pretty willing to deal with dark themes. Sexism, racism, and similar controversial topics may be present. I would list the game under 'extreme' not because I expect it to focus on such elements, but because if they come up, there would have to be a disclaimer saying 'you were warned.'

And, lastly, I really tend to push players on making realistic characters. I like a back story to justify certain skills (the ones above 3 dots, generally) and if I don't really see how it connects with your concept I reject it readily.

So, I guess if we somehow found a group of players willing to submit to that stringent dogma, I would love to run a V:TM game set in Washington, D.C., 1963. But if anyone is a less demanding storyteller you may wish to look at them first. ^_^;

Aurora Wayland

I never played Vampire the Masquerade but I would love to play in the game. Just not sure about all the rules and such.

Bloody Rose

I am running two system games and one free form game, all group so I don't think I can do it. However I can help if anybody needs help

Kristine

I would definitely be interested in playing this

Bloody Rose

I can St this if you guys wish, however know that I am new to st'ng this so if I make mistakes please bear with me. Do you guys and gurls agree?

Dizzied

I don't know if people are expressing interest in my game in particular, or in a V:TM game in general.  Do me a favor and specify. :)

Bloody Rose

I can go either way, I am just offering to st as well although I am not as experienced

AndyZ

If we go with Diz's game, I might go for Followers of Set if they're allowed.  I got a few ideas for that.  Not 100% though.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

AndyZ

Well, Zarazel's posted his idea as an Anarch game.  Dizzied, did you want to put down your option for a game as well?

elfguy

I just finished Vampire - Bloodlines and I'd love to play this, however I never play system games, I don't know the rules at all.
----

Bloody Rose

lol it is all based on Dice, we can explain if you want to anytime.

Dizzied

Mm, I think I'll let Zarazel run his for now if thats what people want. I may post my game at a later date if there's a demand.

AndyZ

Been working on a Bitmap file for the V20 file.  MrGone's stuff can be nice, but since it doesn't save properly on most computers, issues can arise.  This is designed to work easily in Paint or similar programs.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C9GNY3GT

I may have to make the text a little smaller to make room for specialties, but for people without functional printers, these tend to be helpful.  If someone has suggestions for the next draft of it, though, let me know.

Jigsaw

Would absolutely be interested in playing!

I run 2 games offline, so GMing for another group of vampires is not entirely possible at the moment.  I am also interested in playing with V20 or the Classic system (which, obviously given how long it's been out vs. V20, I am a bit more familiar with heh)

I am very familiar with VtM tabletop, but have never played in a forum setting.  Could be fun!  I think my preference to be a PC would be for a small group of players since I'm not yet 100% on how to use a system in a forum.

Once I get a feel for forum playing with the VtM system, I could be interested in/enticed into running a Ghouls-only game.  It's the only thing I'd very willingly GM for online in oWoD, as my two games offline take a lot of my GM-brain power. :D
Want to know if we are a fit?  Visit Jigsaw's Fun House of Oh!/No!  Especially The Ball Pit for what I'm searching for in my partners and The Warped Mirrors for themes and plots that need you to get started!!

Kriz

I'd be definitely up for playing this, I've quite a lot of experience with the World of Darkness universe.

AndyZ

Shamshiel was working on a game a few weeks ago, but not sure what ever happened with that, if it's going at all.

I'm already running three different games (and that doesn't count AbTM), so if folks want something, somebody else is going to have to run.

Jigsaw

Not a problem.  A good VtM game is worth waiting.  As long as we keep hearing from interested people, I'm sure a GM will come along. :)
Want to know if we are a fit?  Visit Jigsaw's Fun House of Oh!/No!  Especially The Ball Pit for what I'm searching for in my partners and The Warped Mirrors for themes and plots that need you to get started!!

Tamhansen

I've run quite a few V:Tm and V:Tr games and I'd really be willing to ( help) run the game. I'd Prefer the masquerade system to the requiem. I am an ST who really enjoys giving players a lot of input and freedom, but do love believable characters.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

ivygrowth

I'd be interested in Dizzied's game, or a VtM or VtR game in general. 

Callie Del Noire

So.. is this going to be a V20 game (looks at MASSIVE V20 book gathering dust by PC)

AndyZ

This will be whatever the ST wants it to be.  The role of ST is still up for grabs.  (It won't be me; I'm already running 3 games and moderating a 4th.)  I'd love to play, though.

Haztur

I love Vampire the Masquerade, and I loved Dizzied idea, so if she still interested on runnign this I would love to play with her changes. Possibly being either a Tremere or a Ventrue... they are my favorite clans :D
"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained"
-Mark Twain

Tamhansen

Well I'd really love to join in the game if there's an ST. If noone wants to ST, I can run a chronicle.

The idea of my chronicle would be a political horror story set in current day London, and would most ideally contain mostly camarilla vampires. Power and age levels can be at the groups discretion. I like to bring in some classic horror and mystery elements, as well as some political backstabbing. With London being a major camarilla asset danger comes from all sides.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.