Monster-Hunter based tabletop. Damn straight.

Started by Wriggle Nightbug, August 26, 2010, 04:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wriggle Nightbug

I was hoping to run a tabletop, probably in the GURPS system based on the Monster Hunter franchise. Nothing heavily roleplay intensive by design, but could be, depending on how you choose to interact with the world around you.

Interest?
Just because I'm the King of Insects doesn't mean I'm a guy, silly. If Freddy Mercury can be Queen, I can be King.

Geradine

interest piqued. i play and own both MHF2 and Freedom unite for the PSP, if that is the MH you are talking about? you will have to remmind me what the GURPS system is, for though it sound familiar, i can't recall from where.
The view from behind a scope puts everything into perspective.

There are many things you can tell about a person by the way he/she writes. -me, i think.

Wriggle Nightbug

I play a lot of Monster Hunter 3, myself, but taht is indeed what I am referencing.

GURPS is the General Universal Roleplay System developed by Steve Jackson Games.
Just because I'm the King of Insects doesn't mean I'm a guy, silly. If Freddy Mercury can be Queen, I can be King.

Geradine

...(goes way over my head) an example of a GURPS game, if you will?

There are many things you can tell about a person by the way he/she writes. -me, i think.

Wriggle Nightbug

As a General Universal Roleplay System, its hard to give an example. Its a system meant to be able to handle any kind of roleplay, from low fantasy up to high sci-fi.

Erm... its a tabletop system? Its a 3d6 roll-under system? Not sure what you're asking.

Geradine

i've never played GURPS before. all i have experience with is the d20 system...wooo, new stuff to learn!. (is actually enthusiastic, because rp rule the world.)

Geradine

do you have any websites that you would suggest that either have some basic Gurps rules, or in pdf format?

Vandren

Fourth Edition GURPS Lite (free download in 32 pg PDF from the company):

http://sjgames.com/gurps/lite/
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Geradine

Wriggle Nightbug

Thank you for that, Vandren.

I'm sorry I hadn't answered earlier, Geradine.

Vandren

NP.  I think I've still got a copy of GURPS Lite 3rd ed. floating around online, if you'd rather that than 4th ed.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Genbu83

Quite interested. Is this going to focus on hunting down monsters and making gear, or are we going to have a plot?

Also are we limited to Tri's weapons...cause I really miss gunlances.

Wriggle Nightbug

I'm sure we coul dhave some sorta plot and whatever kinds of weapons.