[Shadowlight] D&D 5E Twin Campaigns - Opposing Parties - (Closed)

Started by Wispyr, January 29, 2017, 03:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rummy Tum Tum

Phaia

you know I gave ya all the details on class  but really nothing about the character. So super short version She is a mafia princess breaking from her family and trying to better herself.!

Phaia

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Wispyr on January 31, 2017, 06:17:55 PM
No PMs have gone out yet today, work was unexpectedly crazy. Im off in a couple hours yet and my evening will be getting everyting back to folks. :D

how dare you actually do work at your place of employment!

Elysian Radiance

My <insert class here> is the daughter of a dreaded warlord from the Iron Flats. She broke away from her family's wartribe and wants to try to make a name for herself and change the outlook on the family name.
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

Hobbes1266

My character is a former maid of a noble family, obsessed with the daughter she served and learned to draw power from an ancient god of madness from forbidden tomes, who escaped imprisonment after murdering a man she thought was an assassin using forbidden evil magics. So you know, a quiet friendly girl who definitely isn't insane or sociopathic...

Wispyr

Quote from: Arcannyx on January 31, 2017, 07:02:38 PM
how dare you actually do work at your place of employment!
I know! It's barbaric that they expect me to perform tasks for compensation. This is absurd.

I am home now though. Eating. Then... Stuff!

CeruleanSerenity

I've been working on my submission today... and I'm kind of almost done, maybe! I just have a few sections to fill, then I can proofread it and send it in. So... sometime tonight, I think.

Oh, and I need to actually decide on a portrait... that too...

Countdown0

My character is a generally well meaning nobleman with a borderline superiority complex that causes him to think that "commoners" need help from people like him because they aren't capable of solving their own problems when things get out of hand.
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Faeli

My character is the daughter of a merchant who was forced into becoming a fighter because it let her Dad get by without hiring as many mercenaries.  She believes that might makes right and has been arrested at least once for crimes she most certainly DID commit.  She also may or may not have been possessed at one point.

((Cliffnotes are hard!))

Wispyr

PM List - Roughly in order of incoming responses.
Arcannyx
RedPhoenix
Hobbes1226
Rummy Tum Tum
Kathyan (Can you please resubmit both of your sheets to me in two separate PMs if you see this please)
Zaer Darkwail
Blythe
greenknight
shmone else
Countdown0
Dominique
MiraMirror
Phaia
ZameRagues

If you have no yet submitted a concept, please make sure that when you do you use the proper subject line, as outlined in the rules section of this thread. I tend to ignore sheets that are improperly submitted.

Locations to be detailed

Locations
Aenowa:
Blackfrost Temple:
Cyliac:
Eodin:
Ilunar:
Induran:
Kazdora:
Ketamon:
Mendow:
Mov'lakan:
Mov'narad:
Mov'samar:
Mount Kidaraan:
Pholdar:
Port Candur:
Port Feor:
Port Gindir:
Port Lahu:
Rubanast: Rubanast, in the many years that it has stood, has been called many names: The Dark Tower, Arcanists Watch, The Aetherium, and many more; however Rubanast has always been its proper name. The origins of the tower are mostly lost to time, though some say that the Ki'oal of Annifos could hold knowledge of some of those secrets. The impressive tower is located deep within the Deadwood, near the base of the Cinderspire Seal where The Wailing Peaks meet The Cindercoil. In its time it has served as a school to those talented enough with the arcane to be invited in, and as a personal sanctum for whatever master claimed it as their own at the time. Most recently it was the private sanctuary of the powerful wizard Eregar Wurian, who is said to have been studying the truth of the ley lines pulse deep beneath Kiur's surface. It was during these studies, nearly eighty years ago, that the Asheglade was ultimately turned into the fractured arcane badlands now known as Deadwood. Since this time the land has proven to be too perilous for many to traverse, and the tower itself is said to be encased by a powerful arcane barrier that prevents entry - but these tales can not be verified.
Ruins of Ghethis:
Senorik:
Shandale:
Tennamor:
Tethiel:
Tya's Watch:
Vahla:

If there's anything not included there you have questions about, please inquire!

Wispyr

Please take a moment to vote on the poll that is now attached to the thread.

Many many GM reasons, blah blah blah... What are your thoughts? Is anyone opposed to the idea of there being an additional 5 characters running around? Note that the consensus is only something I'll take into consideration, not a promise that I will or will not allow a third group.

Hobbes1266

I like the idea of more people if it isn't too much of a burden on you Wispyr, but what would be their goal? We have an idea of who the black and white hats are and their goals but we don't have any such information for a third group yet.

Chulanowa

Aha! Finally, I have time to settle down and think about a character!

Wispyr

Quote from: Hobbes1266 on January 31, 2017, 11:11:47 PM
I like the idea of more people if it isn't too much of a burden on you Wispyr, but what would be their goal? We have an idea of who the black and white hats are and their goals but we don't have any such information for a third group yet.
It is incredibly likely that a third group would be another "Black Hat" group. This would allow the "party vs party" theme to continue - as a "black hat" group can clash with another "black hat" group just as easily as it can with the "white hat" group. That said, it could be a "white hat" group from another region - which is a concept I'm toying around with.

Largely this won't affect the flow of the game, because no matter which way I go the premise of the multiple campaigns working against and around one another will remain... It'll just make it bigger scale.

MiraMirror

The idea seems interesting, but worries me due to the increased scale of things it would create, and the possibility of the dynamic if things shifting considerably.
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

Countdown0

Quote from: Wispyr on January 31, 2017, 11:08:36 PM
Please take a moment to vote on the poll that is now attached to the thread.

Many many GM reasons, blah blah blah... What are your thoughts? Is anyone opposed to the idea of there being an additional 5 characters running around? Note that the consensus is only something I'll take into consideration, not a promise that I will or will not allow a third group.

I'd be perfectly fine with it if you think that you can run the three groups. Two black hats would work, given how I could easily see situations where two groups of "bad guys" might clash, such as fighting over the same treasure, or trying to steal from each other.
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Blythe

I don't mind with whatever you choose to run, Wispyr--whatever you're most interested in that you feel you can run is okay by me. No worries if you don't opt to run a third group or if I don't make it in whatever groups you do choose to run--there's a lot of interested folks here, after all! ^^

Wispyr

Quote from: RedPhoenix on January 31, 2017, 11:16:57 PM
My main concern would be it seems like a lot of work for one person!
There's certainly some of this. If I go this route I may opt to look for a co-gm. Time will tell.

That said, I'm not unfamiliar with running really large groups here on E. This also has the benefit of being three distinct small groups that will occasionally interact, rather than trying to manage all 15 people at the same time. Back in my 3.x hayday, my table was 13 players big for years. So this is only a bit bigger than that, but again not all at once.

Besides... A little DM challenge is more fun.  ::)

Chulanowa

I would kind of like a "neutral" group, to keep the theme going.  ;D Like good guys and bad guys, united towards some sort of cause that isn't really on hte moral axis.

Also, while I'm here... Does this setting have any tropical locales? Like is there a Kiurian version of Brazil?  ;D

CeruleanSerenity

And there's my concept in... I hope I did that all right. I'm worried I wrote way too much for some sections and not nearly enough for others, but hopefully it will do for a first submission.

I like the idea of a third group (admittedly, mostly so more people will get to play), but I also worry it would get to be too much. I can imagine two groups being hard enough to run already, even if they weren't in conflict, so don't push yourself too much.

AribethAmkiir

It'd still be smaller than Ascendant was originally, and possibly some of the other games Wispyr's run. 

Of course, I echo what others have said, whatever you feel comfortable with.

I'm just about finished with the second page of my character's history.  Need a question answered before I continue.  :(  I'm actually trying to be "short" on this, but... yeah *sheepishly scratches her head*

I've found a few pictures that might work for my character, but I was wondering if some of you "photo masters" might give me something else to think upon.  Character concept - Human Female Bhaalist (basically Orphan turned Rogue turned Acolyte turned Assassin turned Cleric.)

Thanks in advance.

Chulanowa

Wispyr

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 01, 2017, 12:30:09 AM
Also, what's the gender spread thus far?
Honestly? It's such an unimportant factor to the game, I hadn't even looked.

Extremely lopsided. Of the 19 concepts in hand, 7 are male.

AribethAmkiir

Faeli