Before we Part (Reboot) - HS RP - seeking characters, LGBTQ friendly

Started by AribethAmkiir, August 13, 2017, 11:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NiceTexasGuy

Thanks Ana.  He's just been updated (gmta it seems) -- and my reference to one of his moments of glory was regarding the last regular season game - not to be confused with Tommy's game winning touchdown in a playoff game.
What a shame -- The money you spent on those tattoos could have gone toward a boob job.
===
My Ons and Offs:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=97303.0
==============
I have taken The Oath of Don't Waste My Friggin' Time

Lady Sakura

I think he read your mind. He picked running back but used the old term Half-back as the position.

And the boys can get all hot and sweaty at the park playing football. There is always time to play.😘

Aiden

Marking my interest,

Anyone here have characters who play/ed baseball?

NiceTexasGuy

Quote from: Lady Sakura on August 18, 2017, 07:42:05 PM
I think he read your mind. He picked running back but used the old term Half-back as the position.
😘

Well, he is a history buff -- and it shows you how much I keep up with "football" -- but I'll change it just so I don't confuse the young whippersnappers.

And the boys can get all hot and sweaty at the park playing football. There is always time to play.😘

Only if the passes are lateral and the tackles are cheek to cheek.   ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh4evV1oDMI&t=269s
What a shame -- The money you spent on those tattoos could have gone toward a boob job.
===
==============

Amarlo

Quote from: Aiden on August 18, 2017, 07:49:50 PM
Marking my interest,

Anyone here have characters who play/ed baseball?

-Raises hand.- Jesse did Little League for a few years in middle school.

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

GnothiSeauton

If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Lady Sakura

Ana 1360

Hi LS it's good to see you again! It will be fun to get this reboot going. I have missed Roxy!

Ana 1360

Quote from: Lady Sakura on August 16, 2017, 01:06:18 PM
Look at Ana upgrading her game! I see you girl ^.^

Geez!!  How did I miss this..Thanks much LS!!!!!!

Lady Sakura

Quote from: Ana 1360 on August 18, 2017, 10:59:24 PM
Hi LS it's good to see you again! It will be fun to get this reboot going. I have missed Roxy!

You can all call me Sakky.

I'm happy Roxy made a good impression.

Ana 1360

Ana 1360

Quote from: NiceTexasGuy on August 18, 2017, 07:38:45 PM
Thanks Ana.  He's just been updated (gmta it seems) -- and my reference to one of his moments of glory was regarding the last regular season game - not to be confused with Tommy's game winning touchdown in a playoff game.

No problem. I love Spencer's update. Even Tommy stood mouth open when Spencer completed the drop kick. I think some of the cheerleaders were impressed too.

AribethAmkiir

Okay.  I've sent PMs to everyone who submitted a new character.  Check your inboxes and let me know if you didn't receive one.

Please keep the character submissions coming.  :)

@ Codexa and Aiden: I hope to see something from both of you.

Aiden

BAMM! Just finished, thanks for the welcomes and such.

NAME: Victor "Vik" Burke
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 5'9 /155-70
HAIR COLOR: Black
EYE COLOR: Brown
DISTINGUISHING MARKS: Pompadour hairstyle, growing collection of tattoos

BEST KNOWN FOR: Former baseball star turned "greaser"
PLANS: Looking into entering trade school
DREAMS: Anything with cars
CAR:
Frankenstein or "Franky"

PARENTS: Thomas Burke - Deceased, Died in a few years earlier to cancer. Inaya Burke - Dispatcher and owner of local impound lot. 
HOME: In a small apartment located on the second floor, overlooking the city's impound lot (Majestic).
HOBBIES: Cars, Welding (metal based arts/constructs), Robotics, Car races, scrapping/junkyard "picking", playing pool.

ABOUT: Victor's parents met overseas, both service members who hitched up and started a family. The two moved to Greenfield, looking to get away from the bustle of a large metro city and live a simple life. They bought out an old shop and slowly expanded it into a gas station, general mechanic shop and relief impound lot. Things were good, business slowly grew and Victor soon had a pair of siblings (brother and sister to annoy him).

Life was good, Victor interest in cars was slowly nurtured but he developed a love for baseball, specifically his dad's favorite team, the Red Sox. Victor played baseball from a young age, T-ball, little league, middle and high school. His dad was diagnosed with an aggressive cancer and died in his sophomore year. Victor quit baseball and had to become the man of the family as his mom sunk into a depression.

Victor played the role of dad to his two siblings, getting them to school at the expense of his own tardiness. He didn't have time to practice, he needed to work and fill in at the shop to help pay the bills. His mom slowly bounced back and regained control. Victor had more free time in his senior year and attempted to reconnect estranged friendships as best he could. He is worried about losing those regained connections and leaving his family behind.

MOMENTS OF GLORY: Bringing Franky to life and seeing the look on people's faces when he roll him into school for the very first time. The bucket of bolts is a well taken care eyesore which has gotten people out of a jam more than some would dare admit. Made up of a collection of multiple trucks and parts, some details had to be flubbed to register the thing with the city.

MOMENTS OF SHAME: Walking head first into a pole at school while he was trying to flirt with a new girl. Moment amplified since it was caught on video and posted on youtube.

BIGGEST REGRET: The things left untold between him and his dad before he passed away.

STORY ARCS: Get over the fear of leaving his remaining family (mom and siblings) alone to go start his own life.
Decide between staying local at a trade school that will eventually result in mediocre success or something he has wants more at the risk of losing what little connections he has left.

Lady Sakura

Red Sox?! Character after my own heart 😉

Nicely done. All the guys and Sarah seem to enjoy fixing cars.

Roxy's Maui will have no problem getting discounted tune ups. She has to get it ready for that drive to Massachusetts.

Aiden

To be fair, what guys are NOT intrested in cars at that age.

Victor is more intrested in older cars then new ones, he is really into the Rat Rod stuff (as pictured by Franky) and loves to get his hands on old rusted cars and chop them up.

NiceTexasGuy

Silly me...  my idea was that while my guy wasn't a master mechanic, he still worked in a shop and could do minor maintenance, get friends discounts on tires and etc ... I actually envisioned him coming to the rescue of a pretty girl with mechanical problems.  So it turns out he's the least qualified guy in town.  Oh well, he can still get you a good deal on tires, new or used.

Since there are a couple or three characters with a family connection to a garage, I'm wondering if my guy (Spencer) should be working for one of them -- I've already established the highly unique name "Greenfield Auto" if anyone wants it.  Or, you know, it's easy enough to change.

Also, has our school mascot been established?  Surely that was a top priority in the beginning.

========

edit: 

I was also thinking that for those athletes who plan to play in college or hope to go pro ... if the school weight room is no longer available, Spencer's (home) gym is open to them (working out together of course.)

Spencer usually runs alone, but is open to a running partner so long as they either keep his pace or challenge him to go a tad faster.   He has a routine, but is always open to alternative ideas.
===
==============

Chreestafer

Quote from: NiceTexasGuy on August 19, 2017, 07:35:57 AM
Silly me...  my idea was that while my guy wasn't a master mechanic, he still worked in a shop and could do minor maintenance, get friends discounts on tires and etc ... I actually envisioned him coming to the rescue of a pretty girl with mechanical problems.  So it turns out he's the least qualified guy in town.  Oh well, he can still get you a good deal on tires, new or used.

Since there are a couple or three characters with a family connection to a garage, I'm wondering if my guy (Spencer) should be working for one of them -- I've already established the highly unique name "Greenfield Auto" if anyone wants it.  Or, you know, it's easy enough to change.

Also, has our school mascot been established?  Surely that was a top priority in the beginning.

========

edit: 

I was also thinking that for those athletes who plan to play in college or hope to go pro ... if the school weight room is no longer available, Spencer's (home) gym is open to them (working out together of course.)

Spencer usually runs alone, but is open to a running partner so long as they either keep his pace or challenge him to go a tad faster.   He has a routine, but is always open to alternative ideas.

The working out aspect I'm sure Chris would definitely be in for that.
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

NiceTexasGuy

Quote from: Chreestafer on August 19, 2017, 09:28:55 AM
The working out aspect I'm sure Chris would definitely be in for that.

Definitely.

In small-town middle America, being Hockey and Rugby fans would give them that connection that makes them fellow orphans -- I'm sure they'd both be asked "Is that the same thing as soccer?" on more than one occasion.  (Speaking from personal experience.)
===
==============

NiceTexasGuy

===
==============

Lady Sakura

I didn't have any issue with it, was putting it out there for possible connections with characters and such.

Maybe the school had a chop shop class they were in. Also a carpenter class as an elective too.

I know my husband was more of a wood working type he loves making pieces out of wood all kinds didn't really tinker with cars.

But it's true him and his buddy just gutted a van for camping and fixing it up so they can go places.

As for Roxy the gym is her second home so she wouldn't mind a running buddy or gym buddies.

Aiden

Quote from: NiceTexasGuy on August 19, 2017, 07:35:57 AM

========

edit: 

I didn't intend to step on tows (hah, get it), I can easily pivot my guy's history that they run the impound yard and leave the mechanic shop as a separate entity. I think I will do that, I feel this opens up a little more for Victor, future wise, as he is debating between staying home and becoming an HVAC repairmen or going of to a different trade school.

Edit - Fixed

I can see the mechanic and impound working togther often, maybe your character comes to the yard often looking for parts. They send clients to one another, etc or can be friends, since in their senior year, they both started over socially.

Ana 1360

From Tommy Mulvaney's CS "Tommy works on most of his classmates cars, the ones who need him to keep them on the road. He has the keys, and the blessing of shop teacher Al Carbonetti, to the auto body shop attached to the High School."

If this helps anybody Tommy was the gear head from the original "Before we Part".

Aiden

That's fine, Victor isn't looking into being everyone's mechanic at school, I feel they would roll in different social circles either way and their one connection being auto shop.

"Of all the cars you could picked, a Jetta? Why?! " Vic's feeling on Tommy's car.  ;D

Ana 1360

Quote from: Aiden on August 20, 2017, 01:05:49 AM
That's fine, Victor isn't looking into being everyone's mechanic at school, I feel they would roll in different social circles either way and their one connection being auto shop.

"Of all the cars you could picked, a Jetta? Why?! " Vic's feeling on Tommy's car.  ;D

Hi Aiden,
A Jetta God no!!!   lol .. its a GTI a completely different vehicle,  that and the Suburu WRX are  probably two of (  not all  there are others ) the best cars to modify.. in the original game he drove and worked on a subie WRX ..   A Jetta OMG!!!  please don't spread rumors  Tommy's  driving a Jetta  I will have to leave the game ..