Before we Part (Reboot) - HS RP - seeking characters, LGBTQ friendly

Started by AribethAmkiir, August 13, 2017, 11:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tokyorose627

Lady Sakura

Well! I like him already <3

We'll get working on that as soon as Ari gets on. So it shouldn't be too long before you get an answer. :D

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Lady Sakura on August 25, 2017, 10:26:21 AM
Well! I like him already <3

We'll get working on that as soon as Ari gets on. So it shouldn't be too long before you get an answer. :D

Cool! Unfortunately i have work soon so i may not hear that answer until later. ;A;

Well hopefully if I get accepted, we can make connections! :D

Lady Sakura

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on August 25, 2017, 10:28:54 AM
Cool! Unfortunately i have work soon so i may not hear that answer until later. ;A;

Well hopefully if I get accepted, we can make connections! :D

Most definitely! I look forward to it!

gimme danger

Oh, hey, new girl in the hood. I was actually thinking about a character - I really like the idea and it'd be a great way to start writing on E. Won't be able to write down a sheet before next week, though. Would that be a problem?  ::)

Lady Sakura

Quote from: gimme danger on August 25, 2017, 10:57:10 AM
Oh, hey, new girl in the hood. I was actually thinking about a character - I really like the idea and it'd be a great way to start writing on E. Won't be able to write down a sheet before next week, though. Would that be a problem?  ::)

Welcome! And Welcome to E!

That shouldn't be a problem at all. Whenever you have time. There is no rush at all. If you need any help with anything don't hesitate to ask. ^.^

gimme danger

Quote from: Lady Sakura on August 25, 2017, 11:02:23 AM
Welcome! And Welcome to E!

That shouldn't be a problem at all. Whenever you have time. There is no rush at all. If you need any help with anything don't hesitate to ask. ^.^

Thanks, Sakura. I'll drop you a PM in 3... 2... 1... now.  :-)

Tokyorose627

Well i'm looking forward to this RP! Wondering what kind of shenanigans I can get my character into. :3

Dhampyress

*Pops in*

Interesting idea. Mostly curious to know what the fill of academic types is like so far? Been reading through some of the wonderful profiles and been mulling over a character sheet of my own.

Lady Sakura

Welcome Blissy! Thank you for your interest!

Let me get an assessment and get back to you. We have a class Valedictorian and a couple of characters that look like they'd not do so well in school.

However, I'm sure whatever type you decide to create would be fine!

Happy Writing!

Aiden

Victor is a solid C+/B student.

GPA finishing, I would say he got it up to 2.3? Good enough that he can go to some college if he opts that route.

November Bleeds

*Slides in with extreme interest*
I've been checking here consistently within the last week, this is definitely a story I would enjoy participating in. Great group of players and characters already. I'm going to write up and submit a profile soon!

AribethAmkiir

Lady Sakura

gimme danger

So, yeah, I gave it a shot and tried to bring a touch of drama in the story. Let me introduce you Julie...

NAME: Julie Stephanie Sörensen
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 5’9” / 115 lbs
HAIR COLOR: Blonde
EYE COLOR: Blue
DISTINGUISHING MARKS: None

Face Claim: Alexis René Gladbach

BEST KNOWN FOR: Honors Group. Athletes. Oh, and a suicide attempt.
PLANS: To join a prestigious medical school.
DREAMS: Oh, well, hard to tell nowadays...
CAR: None
PARENTS: Her father, Mark, is a a renowned doctor serving in the town hospital and a prominent figure in the local protestant community. Her mother, Claire, is your more-typical-than-not suburban housewife, and she always kept a close eye on her youngest daughter.
HOME: Lookout Point.
HOBBIES: Sports (basketball, swimming); singing off-key in the shower; writing stuff.

ABOUT: As the youngest offspring of a well-off family, Julie always had it easy. She grew up in the finest neighborhood of the town, a safe - and boring - environment where the Sörensens put down roots back in the late 80s. Her father, Mark, is a renowned doctor serving in the town hospital and a prominent figure in the local protestant community whereas her mother, Claire, is your more-typical-than-not suburban housewife. Her elder brother, Richard, is currently completing a law degree at Harvard University and only comes home from time to time.

During her high school years, Julie pretty much followed her brother's path and joined the National Honor Society and the Student Council, and was also a member of the school basketball team. Socially, she mostly mingled with her teammates and other honors students, but tended to be in good terms with most of the people in her school. She even had a relationship with a classmate between her Junior and Senior year. One could say that Julie Sörensen - or "Jules" or "the Swede", as some of her pals used to call her because of both her last name and looks - fared quite well in life. That is, until the beginning of her final year.

It happened in October, and the rumours spread sort of quickly in the middle of a Thursday morning recess: Julie Sörensen tried to commit suicide. Some said she slit her wrists in the bathtub, whereas others suggested she tried to hang herself in the basement. But she didn't: instead, she just tried to overdose on household medicines and lost consciousness. Her mother Claire found her lying on the bathroom floor and called the 911. She got rushed to the hospital and, well, survived and eventually - around three weeks later - came back to school.

Julie managed to complete her Senior year and even kept her grades up. She decided to quit the basketball team, though, and pretty much disappeared socially. Rumor has it she befriended some of the geeks and weirdos in the school and spent most of her time around them.

MOMENTS OF GLORY: Not many. Some good basketball matches here and there, but by no means she was the star of the school team.

MOMENTS OF SHAME: The day she came back to school after you-know-what. It wasn't really shameful, but she could pretty much feel everyone's eyes on her back.

BIGGEST REGRET: The day she tried to kill herself. Maybe.

STORY ARCS: What I'm trying to investigate is the aftermath of Julie's suicide attempt and how she spent her last summer in town. I'd be in for some romance, yup, and deep, meaningful conversations on why she did what she did. I'm also looking for someone to cover the role of Julie's ex-boyfriend, and I'm generally open to any connection.

Lyron

Since I decided I couldn't play Sean anymore, here is an attempt at a replacement for him:

NAME: Zak Griffin
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 6'0", 167lbs
HAIR COLOR: Brown
EYE COLOR: Hazel
DISTINGUISHING MARKS: Maybe a minor scar or two. He wants a tattoo, but he hasn't decided on one yet.

Face Claim: Cody Christian

BEST KNOWN FOR: Being an asshole on some accounts, probably. Metal/rock head. He used to be on the boys' basketball team. Former trailer trash.
PLANS: To go to Chicago and join a band.
DREAMS: Rockstar
CAR: Black '99 Pontiac Sunfire
PARENTS: His mom manages a marketing team for some company. Their relationship is pretty bitter. His biological dad was the drummer of a one-hit single band who had a sound similar to Blink-182. The only things he got from him, directly, were his last name and his first drum set. They haven't talked, and no, it's not something he's told anyone else. He has a step-dad.
HOME: Green Acres
HOBBIES: Music, singing, playing drums, playing guitar, partying, basketball, working out, video games

ABOUT: Once upon a time, a girl Zak calls Sedusa fell in love with a drummer, and she skipped to Chicago with him on the dreams of him making it big. As time passed, the chances seemed grim, but she stuck with him when his first band fell apart, when he struggled to find another, when the next one seemed doomed to playing at nothing more than local gigs. She even had his child during their throes of passion. It wasn't exactly part of the plan, but it enamored her to him all the more, and Sedusa waited for that moment he would propose. It never came. The clock struck midnight when the band scored their hit single, turning him into a ghost that haunted them in the form of checks in the mail.

Chicago living was costly, and she wasn't about to go begging her parents for help. Doing so would prove that they were right all along. But apparently that didn't mean she couldn't settle in somewhat familiar territory. Zak was in first grade when they moved to the trailer park in Greenfield. Sedusa didn't care for their neighbors, instead focusing her attention on those who lived on the other side of the fence, when she wasn't busy working or going to the community college. For the most part, Zak was left to his own devices. His mom left him with one babysitter or another until he was old enough to stay at home alone, and Sedusa didn't start acting more like a parent until she sunk her claws into one of the local men. Zak was in sixth grade when they married, and they moved into his Green Acres home.

His earliest memories were of wailing on his kiddie drum set and hearing his dad's band practice. It stayed with him. Music would be his life. But he wasn't antisocial, either. He played basketball for school until sophomore year, he hung out with friends, and he made sure to have a healthy dose of fun, although some might question how healthy it was at times. His leave-no-stone-unturned, I-do-what-I-want attitude could leave for a few different perceptions that could vary at any point. For better or worse, he said what he thought, and no one could say he was anyone but himself. Even when his destructive stubborn streak occasionally reared its ugly head, that was all him. Those he is closest to might say he was more chill. He also enjoyed flirting and teasing and sex, but he never did the dating thing. Girls who didn't want that same fun either learned this quickly and stayed clear or found out the hard way.

With school finally out of the way, Zak is trying to save up for Chicago. In the meantime, he'll say his goodbyes and maybe make some amends--or make things worse. Who's he kidding? Anything is possible.

MOMENTS OF GLORY: All of his hours of practice were pretty glorious to him, but the more public moment was his performance at the talent show one year. Scoring a signed guitar from Five Finger Death Punch. There was also that time he sneaked into a girl's bedroom, that classic through-the-window routine, one night for a few minutes of fun. All the times he skipped math class, because screw that noise.

MOMENTS OF SHAME: Although the aforementioned sneaking was fun, getting caught kept it from being a one hundred percent win in his book, even if it gave him a nice rush at the time. His mother threw away all his instruments, including the signed guitar, in early October of senior year because he continually refused to apply to colleges, so in protest, he couch-surfed when he could, and slept in his car when he couldn't. After three weeks, it was he who caved. Zak attempted to poach someone's girlfriend once.

BIGGEST REGRET: There was a teacher who was a borderline bitch, and she had the fortune of having him in her class junior year. Zak wasn't ever the favorite student of any teacher, but his tongue was usually more controlled toward them than his peers. After so long, though, one foul mood on his part and one passive-aggressive murmuring on hers was all it took to tell her exactly what everyone thought about her. There had been gossip that she cried, and she quit working at their school after that year. He never apologized.

STORY ARCS: Pretty much anything, but a couple ideas might be something dealing with music and making amends. If anyone wants a connection based on any of his above moments, that's cool too.

M/M Players for Groups: A Registry

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.
Anyone, any genre, any time.

NiceTexasGuy

Don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I can't see the picture.  Oh well, I should be doing something more constructive.

https://elliquiy.com/wiki/File:Biggerthanyours.jpeg
What a shame -- The money you spent on those tattoos could have gone toward a boob job.
===
My Ons and Offs:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=97303.0
==============
I have taken The Oath of Don't Waste My Friggin' Time

GnothiSeauton

I'd be interested in finding some potential romance interests for my guy, Jonas, and some really close childhood friends for my girl, Leanne.  Feel free to PM me.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Amarlo

Here is my re-submission of Jessie as requested. :)

NAME: Jessie Myers
FACECLAIM: Felice Fawn
AGE: 17 (Will be 18 shortly after the beginning of the story)
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 5’2” | 100 lbs
HAIR COLOR: Brunette
EYE COLOR: Grey
DISTINGUISHING MARKS: Piercings, tattoos, scars

BEST KNOWN FOR: Jessie is typically lumped in with the Delinquents thanks to her behavioral issues and all the nice rumors about her family. There’s also been rumors floating about that she’s anorexic for years now.
PLANS: To get somewhere the fuck else.
DREAMS: Ultimately Undecided. Jokes that she wants to be a hobo.
CAR: Bicycle she stole two weeks ago.
PARENTS: The Myers household is a well known party house. There are whispers among the adults that they’re drug dealers or the mother is involved in prostitution, but nothing has otherwise been proven as of late. Much of her family is frequently in and out of jail, and remains a conflicted source of turmoil and bitter humor in Jessie’s life. She also has 3 other siblings, an older brother and two younger sisters. Her mother and father are separated, but haven't officially divorced. Nor have they moved to a different house from one another. This has created tons of drama when one or the other 'try to date' again.
HOME: Trailer Park
HOBBIES: Videogames, five finger discounts, reading, writing, angry rock and metal, singing, musical composition, symphony, getting away with shit.

ABOUT: Jessie has some questionable ethics, likely as a result of her upbringing - or so they say. Even back in elementary school she exhibited behavioral problems but it wasn’t until she was in middle school that rumors about her family really started to crop up. She and her family have been deemed everything from white trash to a crack snorting whores, and Jessie has gotten into plenty enough fist fights over the years because of it.

Jessie's family has lived within the area for generations now. Much of her immediate family lives within 50 miles of Greenfield, and none of them are much better off than the other. Just in Greenfield's trailer trash park alone there seems to be an infestation. It almost seems like every other person in that cesspool married or is related to a Myers one way or another. Let's just say she has a lot of second and third cousins. They have friends just about everywhere too. When you grow up in a small town like this one, everyone seems to have grown up together. That unfortunately brews a community willing to turn a blind eye or soften the blows of consequence - so a lot of the dramas spilling around the large family went largely unhindered.

Most of Jessie's issues were in Elementary school. She got into a lot of confrontations with other kids, but her behavior seemed to take a more commendable shift when she was enrolled into Little League in 4th grade - and we're talking baseball, not softball. She was one of a small handful of girls that participated in the sport and she was rather talented in the area. She fully devoted herself to the sport and fell in love with the game. It wasn't until she started to hit puberty in 7th grade that her personality seemed to take on yet another shift and her interest in the sport slowly disappeared. She became angstier, angrier, and began to isolate herself more and more. She started to smoke, and even experimented a bit in other drugs - no thanks to her family.

By the time she entered high school she became a little more centered and her bad habits consolidated to smoking, drinking and the occasional blunt. That didn't mean her attitude got any better and she walked in with an avid dislike for jock types - especially cheerleaders. Anyone that acted consistently 'peppy' creeped her the hell out, and people that seemed to show interest in her that wasn't blatantly selfish or advantageous to them made her think they were up to something deceptive - so she avoided them like the plague.

These days she’s known as your typical 80's highschool delinquent type - Bratty, loud mouthed, and an outright smart alack. For the most part she spends her days in those classrooms that keep troublemakers specially segregated from tainting the rest of the school. She can often be found with one or two other classmates - male or female - skipping class and smogging up the bathrooms with cigarettes or a nice blunt. Once in awhile you can spot her curled up beneath a tree with her nose buried in a book, but other than that she doesn’t seem to take school very seriously and treats it more like one big social venue. 

MOMENTS OF GLORY: Is forever immortalized flipping the bird in last years yearbook, Junior class of 2017 picture. She's also a pretty decent singer and has participated in a few talent shows despite her misgivings over them.

MOMENTS OF SHAME: Has a picture of her down to her cheap, oversized, hand-me-down undies taken from the locker room floating about.
BIGGEST REGRET: To many to count at this point.

STORY ARCS: A dark, passionate and wild (and sometimes sweet) romance. Drama revolving around her family and home life. Finding herself. People she has confrontations with. (Pm and plot friendly. I absolutely love ic drama too. If you're interested in plotting with me or creating histories, don't hesitate to pm me please!)

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

LostSoul

NAME: Tristan Raines
FACECLAIM: Cameron Monaghan
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 5’10” | 125 lbs
HAIR COLOR: Dark red
EYE COLOR: Muddy blue-grey
DISTINGUISHING MARKS: Not yet.

BEST KNOWN FOR: Despite moving to town a little over four years ago, Tristan never shook being "the new kid."
PLANS: To go out in a blaze of glory.
DREAMS: Nightmares. Every night.
          Despite his best efforts to cut it away entirely, he's been unable to give up the flicker of hope that there's an actual life out there waiting for him, that he could be a field zoologist somewhere far away.
CAR: Ha! Unless he can talk his parents into letting him borrow the diesel Suburban, he's hoofing it.
PARENTS: Mother and father work at the nearest hospital. His dad works nights. Mom was fortunate enough to score a mostly day shift.
HOME: The usual ranch style suburban home set on a quarter acre lot.
HOBBIES: Escapism; books, computer games, walking, perching somewhere out of sight and just watching people go by, writing, drawing.

ABOUT: Tristan has never felt like he belonged once he hit school age. He still remembers the very first words he heard walking into kindergarten for the very first time; "Go home. Nobody likes you." Spoken by a bright-eyed blonde girl named Janelle Keyes. Of course the teacher wouldn't just let him turn right around and leave, nor had she apparently overheard Janelle, so he found a place of his own to sit on the edge of the "learning circle" and so began the trend that would endure through the rest of school.
Perhaps it would've been different if he wasn't naturally shy. Perhaps it might have been different if he didn't accept those words and others like it at face value.
It wasn't.
He tried though. He believed the teachers when they said he could talk to them. He believed his parents when they assured him they wanted to hear about his day. For a time at least. That was the first truly bitter betrayal, that his parents didn't... couldn't understand what was trying to tell them, that the teachers and faculty couldn't make the mean words, pinches, kicks go away. They'd say soothing things, but the second their attention shifted his classmates were waiting to make him pay.
Even worse, was that he was smart. Tristan was one of those kids who if he paid even half of his attention to the lesson still managed to ace the tests and quizzes. No one likes a know-it-all. By second grade, he would no longer willingly raise his hand in class. Homework seemed pointless, so he didn't do it. He was regularly kept back at recess for one teacher or another to complete their busywork assignments, but since he didn't really have any friends out there to play with, it wasn't much of a punishment.
Tristan did manage to make a friend in grade school. A friend. Singular. For three years, they were virtually inseparable. Until the summer between fifth and sixth grade when Chris under the pretext of a clubhouse initiation talked Tristan into licking an older boy's penis. Chris thought it was a great joke. Tristan was shattered. Trust was just an invitation to betrayal. That moment was the spark that set years of frustration and anger and resentment that had been drifting through his soul like gas fumes into an inferno of hate.
Tristan had settled into the familiar role of school pariah, the nerd that even the other nerds wouldn't hang out with, swallowing back the boiling black pitch of his unhappiness when his parents had informed him they were moving to Greenfield. It was his chance to start over, to pick a different role. He was tired of being "the scrawny geek." This time, he'd be the outsider.
It was surprisingly easy actually. Being the new face amongst a school where nearly everyone else had grown up together assured him of a table by himself at lunch. Hostile sarcasm in response to the extroverted social types trying to "make him feel welcome" had made sure it stuck. Despite playing a few years of soccer when he was younger, sports held no attraction so he never tried out for the teams. Academics just felt like mental masturbation so he felt no urge to join those clubs either. To cut his mother's nagging off at the knees, he engaged just enough to hold a spot as a techie for the school plays and concerts. It wasn't like he didn't already have the wardrobe and no one really bothered you up in the clouds.
Perversely, Tristan attends most of the school functions, especially dances even if he spends most of his time holding up a wall.

MOMENTS OF GLORY: Getting selected as a volunteer at a wildlife rehab center on the edge of town. Getting to spend a few hours around, sometimes even handling, wildlife is pretty much the one thing he actually looks forward to each week.
And there was the sophomore year homecoming dance when he'd randomly asked one of the hot senior girls to a slow dance and she'd accepted. He'd fully expected to get shot down hard, but the rules of his personal variation of Russian roulette were clear. She'd been the first unpartnered girl he'd seen when he'd opened his eyes. She'd even seemed flattered he asked.

MOMENTS OF SHAME: Slipping on a slick of spilled banana pudding on his way to eat in the cafeteria with a full tray in front of everyone in freshman year.
His clothes "accidentally" thrown in with the used gym towels while using the locker room after class. Not only had he endured the indignity of rummaging through that bin naked, but he'd reeked the rest of the day.
Picking an old, frayed rope when he tried to hang himself in his parent's shed so it broke when he stepped off the ladder before he could strangle.

BIGGEST REGRET: Trying.

STORY ARCS: Redemption. Finding an actual relationship. Conflict. (Pm and plot friendly. If you're interested in plotting with me or creating histories, don't hesitate to pm me please!)
"Take another bite/It'll be alright/What's wrong will soon feel right/Dangerous tonight

Take another sip/Let it kiss your lips/And let a little drip on your thighs

If you let me I'll untie your sensuality/I'll open up your heart and satisfy my greed" -A Cooper

Amarlo

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Kaia

I'm interested in playing.  Are you still taking new people?

~ Who cares what and who we are as long as we no longer break ~

Lady Sakura

Quote from: Miss Kaia on September 23, 2017, 04:51:32 PM
I'm interested in playing.  Are you still taking new people?

Yes we are still taking characters of all kinds.

The new recruitment thread is here

Feel free to post a face claim you want. There is a list of claims already taken at the bottom of the Character creation section.

Sorry for the confusion