Spring Break on Ecchi Island (Giving This Another Try)

Started by Idlewyld, June 23, 2017, 06:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idlewyld

It has come - the most wonderful time of the year when stressed-out hormonally supercharged college students put away their books and descend en masse for a week of sand, sun, and non-stop alcohol fueled debauchery.

Daytona.

South Padre Island.

Cancun.

and now, last but definitely not least

Ecchi Island

What? You've never heard of Ecchi Island?

Discovered in 1567 by Venetian explorer Vittorio San Ecchi, Ecchi Island, a remote paradise on the edge of the Bahamas, has been the personal domain of The Counts of Montefiore for generations on end, when it wasn't busy being used as a hideout for Stankbeard, the most notorious pirate of the Caribbean. With the last Count's passage, title to the island has passed to his unsuspecting illegitimate daughter, Cassandra Holland, now Countess of Montefiore.

Being of the age of 21 and engaged in the pursuit of a business degree, Tessa, as she now prefers to be called, saw a unique opportunity to put her unexpected windfall. She would turn her inherited legacy into the premier Spring Break destination. And she turned out quite capable of doing so.

Her Excellency, Cassandra Elizabeth Holland Montefiore, Countess of Montefiore and High Warden of the Isle of Ecchi, but please, call her Tessa

And in addition, fortune would smile on Tessa yet again, for in the initial surveys of the island, Tessa discovered the lost treasure of the infamous Stankbeard. Among his hoard was not only more cash with which to fund her ambitious project, but a wondrous gem known as The Jewelstone of a Thousand Worlds. With it (and the cooperation of a couple of friendly physics and engineering majors), she was able to establish a portal to other universes and invite college students from those miraculous and deep-pocketed locales to come and visit as well.

And now, you are invited too.

Come see the beautiful beaches.

Come see the lush foliage.

Come see hundreds of co-eds partying in skimpy swimwear.

Come see what people will do for the prospect of a free beer and five seconds of Instagram fame.

Come see Ecchi Island.

We’re waiting.

Metraxa

Considering I didn't get to do that much interesting the first time, you know that I'm in for the next go.  ;)

Angie

So, portals to other universes, does this mean that supernatural and/or high technological types (say, robot girls) are allowed?
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Idlewyld

I gave this a shot before. We got going for a while then things kind of just went splat. But it was truly fun while it lasted, so I want to give it another go.

So What is This?

Ecchi Island is  an excuse for no-holds-barred fun and frolic anime-style. Basically, you can design any character from any world – as long as you can make it fit with the whole College Spring Break theme. It will be largely sandbox format, with some occasional GM-planned events to keep you all entertained.

What Do You Want in a Character?

There are two basic motifs. One is that it's Spring Break, so your character should be college-aged, and looking to have a good time, or at least you as a player should be open to your character having a good time, even if your character might not be at the start of festivities. The second is that it's set at a confluence of universes, so I'm looking for a diversity of character templates, especially with regards to species, homeworlds, and backgrounds?

Really? I can be ANYTHING?

Within reason (and within the confines of Motif #1) - Here is a list of universities from which students can arrive, and it should be noted that this is certainly not a complete list. If your twisted little mind can come up with an institution I haven't thought of, do feel free to use it.

Tokyo University: The university of choice for all “normal” human types. Somehow, it always seems to have at least three times as many people working to get in (ronin) than actual students.
Archetypes: Typical Human Student, Otaku, Cosplayer, Ronin

St Olaf’s Academy for Preternaturally Inclined Women: This is a training facility for becoming supernatural guardians of truth and justice, assisted by small precocious talking animals. In other words – magical girls (or boys).
Archetype: Magical Girl/Boy

Coldwater College of Magic: Coldwater offers a more traditional curriculum in the magical arts than St. Olaf’s. Despite being located in entirely different universes, the two schools view each other as rivals.
Archetype: Wizard, Witch, Magician

Kemonomimi College: For all the students with the fuzzy ears and tails.
Archetypes: Kitsune, Neko, Bunnygirl, Puppyboy, Mer-type. If they’ve got animal parts, you can find ‘em here.

Wernstrom Institute of Technology: Open to aspiring scientists and engineers, especially those who tend to find things like professional ethics getting in the way of technological progress and the general brilliance of their ideas. WIT also gets a lot of transfer students from extraterrestrial locations.
Archetypes: Mad Scientist, Inventor, Aliens, Human Guinea Pig (at least the ones that don’t opt to go to Kemonomimi…)

URom Transylvania: Premier institute for higher learning for supernatural beasts and beings. Kind of Like Monsters University without that Pixar Charm. Or with it, if you'd rather.
Archetypes: Vampire, Werewolf, Ghost, Monster Type

Hell State University – 3rd Circle: Even demons need a higher education.
Archetypes: Succubus/Incubus, Imp, Big Bad Demon

Tatakau College: Known for countless athletic programs in which student-athletes constantly strive to improve their skills and overcome their own flaws through dedication and teamwork. Tatakau has teams in almost every possible competitive endeavor: Football, soccer, basketball, baseball, hockey, gymnastics, rhythmic gymnastics, volleyball, chess, go, shogi, mahjong, monopoly, collectible card games, Call of Duty, rock-paper-scissors (plain or strip), ice cream truck racing…
Archetypes: Athlete, Gamer, Martial Artist, Cheerleader

The Village Hidden Behind the Beer Pong Table: A secret academy for training in the arts of ninjitsu, whether it be that sneaky assassination type or the magical kind which seems to involve destroying each others’ clothes. There’s also an adjunct academy for spies, assassins, and adorable looking deadly hitboysandgirls.
Archetypes: Ninja, Spy, Assassin

Oakwood Academy for Trainers[/b] One of the few sports not dominated by Tatakau is Monster Battling, which is studied here – a school for all things ending in -mon.
Archetypes: Poke-trainer, Poke-breeder, Poke-researcher, Poke-pizza-delivery-guy

The Fotheringay-Phipps Academy for Perfect Young Gentlemen and Ladies and the Impeccable Individuals Who Serve Them: When you’re born of a special breed, you go to a special school. That would be Fothernigay-Phipps. In the Upstairs Campus, young men and women of the proper families learn etiquette, snobbery, and the fine art of doing up your hair in those impossible styles that seem to defy gravity. The Downstairs Campus focuses on training would-be maids and butlers in the domestic and culinary arts, and the skills that make one indispensable to one’s social (but not necessarily intellectual) betters.
Archetypes: Nobles, Spoiled Scions, Butlers, Maids, Cooks

Danno-Ura Military Academy: A military school training the cream of the officer corps for worldwide duty as well as different forms or armament that magically transform into people or vice versa.
Archetypes: Soldier, Mecha Pilot, Battleship-Girl, Tank Battle Team Member

Is This Freeform or System?
This is a freeform sandboxy type game, but I do have a few simple rules to follow and two simple game mechanisms to help smooth gameplay.

So What Are These Vaunted Rules You So Blithely Speak Of?

God-Modding: Please remember to treat each others' characters with respect. Communication, either by PM or in the OOC is key here.

OoC Participation: Players should make an effort to be as active as they can in the OoC of the roleplay. Communication is a critical requirement in group endeavors, and roleplays in general are more fun when people interact and engage with one another.

Posting Length:
We've all heard of 'Quality before Quantity', but admittedly it's pretty difficult to have quality when posts are really short. Hence I would appreciate it if players would consistently attempt to write at least two paragraphs per post.

Posting Limitation: To ensure that people aren't constantly being left behind, please wait for at least 3 other people to post before posting again with the same character.

Posting Frequency: I would like participants to be able to post a minimum of 2~3 posts a week. I intend for this to be a pretty active roleplay, and I believe activity is crucial to engagement.
Final Decisions: Players should be aware that GM Decisions are final. I'm open to brainstorming and negotiating ideas, however I can confidently claim that I know what will and won't work in a roleplay I've designed. So if something definitively doesn't work, please cooperate accordingly.

GM Authority: Although you are welcome and encouraged to bring up any issues you have via PM, as Game Master I reserve final authority for any decisions made. Please do not air dirty laundry in the OOC, however, that just ruins things for everyone.

Character Age and Traits: The characters involved in this roleplay must be 18 years or older. They can vary in appearance (human/furry/monster/etc) and sexuality (LGBTQ+)

The Most Important Rule: HAVE FUN!

You Said Something About Game Mechanics?

Yes, I did. Namely...

The Cookie System[/color]: Over the course of gameplay, your character will earn Cookies. Some are earned for completing in-game challenges and some for posting quality. If you think a player made a post worthy of a cookie, please PM me and I will certainly put it into consideration, although I reserve final authority regarding any and all cookie-related decisions. A cookie can be expended in order to arrange a favorable plot development or outcome for your character - within reason. Likewise a character may use a cookie to buy a positive reaction or act from an NPC, subject to GM approval. Any cookie-related requests affecting the actions or situation of another player's character, however, must first be approved by that player in a PM (Along the lines of "I'll do that for a cookie.")

Contested Rolls: Sometimes, two or more characters will compete with contested rolls. This is a pair of simple d10 rolls on the DiceBot. If a roll is connected to your character's primary ability, you receive a +2 bonus on the roll. If it's connected to one of your secondary abilities, you receive a +1.

OK, Sounds Cool. What Do I Need to Make a Character?

Awesome! Just follow the template below and send it to me by PM.

[float=right][img height=400 padding=8]<URL for character image goes here - You can place additional images at the end of the character submission, but in keeping with the Spring Break Theme, I expect this picture to be a swimsuit photo!>[/img][/float]
[b]Name: [/b]
[b]Description: [/b] <Describe Your Character in Three Words>
[b]Species: [/b]
[b]Sex: [/b]
[b]Let's See If You Were Paying Attention to What I Wrote. What is the Most Important Rule?[/b]
[b]Age: [/b] (Must be over 18)
[b]University/World: [/b]
[b]Orientation: [/b]
[b]Appearance: [/b] <If you have additional images, those can go here in spoiler tags>
[b]Personality: [/b]
[b]Backstory: [/b]
[b]Primary Ability: [/b] <One thing that your character excels at and sets him or her apart from the crowd>
[b]Two Secondary Abilities: [/b] <Two other things that your character is good at, though not at the level of the primary skill >
[b]Three Things Your Character Likes: [/b] <Material things, scenarios, kinks; give us a practical idea of what you want to write>
[b]Three Things Your Character Dislikes: [/b] <Conversely, those things you don't want in your story>
[b]Treasured Possession: [/b] <One item that your character always carries with him or her and can never do without>
[b]Pop Quiz![/b]: If you do something awesome, what will the GM give you that you can use later?
[b]Player Ons and Offs: [/b]
[b]Character Ons and Offs: [/b]

All Right! I hope we can make a good game!!!

Idlewyld

@Metraxa: I know. This time I'm hoping that we'll get further in and everyone has an opportunity to shine! Oh, BTW, I do want people from the first go-around to resubmit their characters. There are a few tweaks I made to the character submission sheet and elsewhere.

@Angie: Big yes on that. You will note that one of the universities listed (Wernstrom Institute) is a High-Tech Center, and there's also wiggle room for robot attendees at a good deal of the other fine institutions on the list.

Angie

Quote from: Idlewyld on June 23, 2017, 07:08:39 PM
@Metraxa: I know. This time I'm hoping that we'll get further in and everyone has an opportunity to shine! Oh, BTW, I do want people from the first go-around to resubmit their characters. There are a few tweaks I made to the character submission sheet and elsewhere.

@Angie: Big yes on that. You will note that one of the universities listed (Wernstrom Institute) is a High-Tech Center, and there's also wiggle room for robot attendees at a good deal of the other fine institutions on the list.

Well now I'm thinking of a mad transhumanist scientist who uses herself to develop her new cybernetic upgrades. Gotta have a test subject, and while others can be used, she's doing this because she wants to upgrade herself first, then the rest of humanity. Her latest project is Bi-Directional Circuits (what she calls a little brain implant that turns people bisexual) and so she's here to see if it actually works!

Idlewyld

@ Angie: Sounds lovely! I can't wait to see the submission

Avalon29

Idlewyld

@Avalon: Great! Again, I am going to require that our returning heroes resubmit their applications, though.

catherinehellfire

Hey Idle!  I'd love to join again if you'll have me! 
If sex was a roller-coaster, I'd ride it over and over again.

Absences: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=261213.0

Leki

I'm pleased to see that you're giving this another go.
Didn't join the first installment since there weren't all that many characters that appealed
But hopefully there'll be a bigger pull for me this time xD
In either case, good luck with the relaunch and I'll be watching carefully from the sidelines yet again :P

Angie

Whoops. didn't see the rule of sending by PM. Pretend this post never happened.

Idlewyld

@Angie - You deleted, so no harm no foul.

@catherine - I'd love to have you so when you're ready, PM me your sheets.

@Leki - Same goes for you, so I hope you toss your hat in the ring this time.

General status update - I've already approved one character, and have two more in my inbox, so thanks for your quick action on that. Hopefully, we'll have a critical mass of players relatively soon. I'll try and have the character and info threads up today. OOC to follow.

Avalon29

Since he's been approved here's Raine again.

Please do not use images of children in adult rp - staff
Name: Raine Lynwood
Description: Unfortunate happy-go-lucky Artificer
Species: human
Sex: Male
University/World: Coldwater College of Magic
Orientation: pansexual

Appearance: Raine stands at 5’2” and weighs about 120 lbs. He has long blonde hair which flows loose behind him.. He a pair of bright blue eyes and fair skin. As for his dress he usually prefers simple, shirts, shorts, jackets, as well as things like skirts, stockings, and sundresses if he thinks he can get away with it without being called out on his clothing choice. He’s slim and petite with some feminine curves he’s quite a bit softer than one would normally suspect from a male. His voice is certainly lighter and quite a bit more girlish than what’s expected from a normal male.  On his wrist is a silver charm bracelet with a variety of different charms which hide his tools and inventions so the charms on it change by the day.

Personality: Raine is an optimistic individual and is almost always working on experiment or project.  He has to be with how often his experiments go wrong. Despite that however he never lets his failures daunt him. Outside of his studies and the workshop he’s always happy to be social and enjoys getting to play around and meet new people. He loves getting the chance to be helpful especially if he gets a chance to show off his latest spell or construct if he thinks it fits the current situation. He tends to have trouble sitting still unless he’s focused on something and his mind is prone to wandering in the middle of things if he loses interest. No matter what it is he’s trying to do however whether that be creating another spell, helping out, or just playing around with others he is always giving things one hundred percent or at least he is while he’s focused on it.

Backstory:
Raine came from an old magic family based very much in tradition. The type who much preferred perfecting old spells passed down from each generation rather than exploring the new.  It made Raine the odd one out most of the time when it came to his family as he was always trying to figure out new applications for magic. It caused trouble a few times especially with the penchant for his experiments to explode rather loudly and the time when he had an accident that gave him cat ears and a tail. His devotion to the new also got him passed over as head of the family for a younger sibling. Not that he particularly minded since the duties would just be a distraction anyway although he did wish that his family would at least appreciate what he was trying to do.

As he got older he was eventually accepted in on a scholarship thanks to some of his theories. Things changed quite a bit for him once he was accepted. In this more liberal environment he was free to pursue his research with renewed vigor without worry of disapproval allowing him to flourish. With even more supplies and resources, he dove deeper into his experiments, creating larger and more complex spells and magic items even if most of the time they didn’t they at least furthered research into those areas.  He might have even stayed behind over spring break to continue his work if it wasn’t for the latest incident which damaged quite a few of campus’s facilities. He was sent away on a trip so the college could repair and clean up before he did more damage than the campus could handle.

Primary Ability:

Artificing: Majoring in the Artificer program and magical theory he it’s no surprise that he’s always tinkering with a new magic item or spell. Unfortunately for him nothing he makes seems to work quite as he wants it to. They always seem to succeed at something completely different, fail in unexpected ways or just blow up in his face. No matter what the outcome though the results are always spectacular.

Two Secondary Abilities:

Mending clothing: With how often his experiments go wrong or explode he/she was faced with a choice. Figure out how to repair his clothing or spend all of his extra money on clothing to constantly buy new ones. He went for the cheaper option and figured out how to take care of his clothing himself using both traditional methods and magical methods.

Technical Drawing: While not an artist by any means he is great at sketching diagrams, blueprints, and other technical documents. This extends to being able to draw something he’s seen or imagining although he has difficulty making art for art’s sake. On that note, he has really neat handwriting as well to be able to label everything correctly.

Three Things Your Character Likes: Inventing and Experimenting, bonsai trees, recognition
Three Things Your Character Dislikes: Being dismissed, having his things broken or messed with, bitter things

Treasured Possession: His charm bracelet: He is never without his trusty charm bracelet which he keeps on wrist. On it are his various artificing tools and is used to store his variety of different magic items and magical constructs as well so he can bring them with him wherever he goes and without too much of a fuss.

Player Ons and Offs: The player’s ons and offs can be found here Ons and Offs and in the on off matrix under my role play preferences.

Character Ons and Offs: He is open to quite a lot of things and is happy to do what he can to make things more fun for his partner. Whether that’s some kind of new invention, some bondage and things on the kinkier side of things, or simply snuggling close.  The important thing for him however is that he is doing with someone who cares for him or at least is his friend.

Kokaine

Interested in bringing a fox-girl I had in another game. I'll get her up later today if you'll have me.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Idlewyld

@ Avalon - Cool - But we'll move this to the character thread page once it's up! (Also, you can take the "quiz questions" out of your char sheet when we do.)

@Kokaine - I'd love to have you. Go for it!

Avalon29

Alright, I'll move him to the character thread when one gets put up.

Leki

Looking forward to seeing the list of approved characters~
Though from what I can gather so far, it seems like most if not all characters are female (plus Raine) xD
Not entirely sure what I'd like to play yet either. Though I'm oddly draw to St Olaf's for some reason @_@

Idlewyld

@Avalon - Thanks
@Leki - So far we're at two male characters one trap, and one female in terms of submissions. But I have at least two more female submissions coming, plus more than a few NPC's I'll throw in. And St. Olaf's is loads of fun.

Kokaine

I'm actually torn between a fox-girl, a vampire, or athlete... Too much time to ponder while at work >.<
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Idlewyld

@Kokaine - One thing to do is check the character roster to see what else is up there, That might help you decide.

In the meanwhile, I've got the OOC threads up and running. Here they are:

Interest Thread
Information Thread
OOC Thread
Character Roster

Idlewyld

That being said, accepted players can now feel free to post their characters to the Character Roster thread. Don't forget to take out the Quiz Questions when you do!

Divine Tenacity

Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

PrestaDGTation

Hm!

This could be fun!  Tentative interest!
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.