Man snaps sixteen month old daughter spine in two.

Started by Glossolalia, October 10, 2008, 09:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glossolalia

I have no words

If I say words, I may say things I regret. That man, is... ARGH.

"Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance"

Know who the quote is by, without google? Drop me a PM if so. :)

My O/O's

Inkidu

And people say weed is harmless. "It's just some hash man.". Forget that.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Glossolalia

Quote from: Inkidu on October 10, 2008, 09:29:58 PM

Actually that part of the article bothered me. Media bias, really gets me.

My O/O's

Inkidu

Quote from: Glossolalia on October 10, 2008, 09:30:45 PM
Actually that part of the article bothered me. Media bias, really gets me.

The problem is people think weed is so harmless and then something like this happens. He might have done it without the weed, but I really, honestly doubt it.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Glossolalia

I... really?

I respect your opinion, but seriously, weed relaxes most people.

My O/O's

Rhapsody

Quote from: Inkidu on October 10, 2008, 09:29:58 PM

Weed is harmless in many circumstances.  In fact, it has some pretty nice health benefits, and studies have shown that over and over again.  But whatever, everyone has their own opinion about it.

But most importantly?  Do not blame marijuana for this guy's cruelty and abhorrent child abuse.  He was obviously screwed up to begin with, and emphasizing the fact that he smoked pot is just making excuses for his ugly, horrific, disgusting and frankly antisocial behaviour.

Quote from: Inkidu on October 10, 2008, 09:34:23 PM
The problem is people think weed is so harmless and then something like this happens. He might have done it without the weed, but I really, honestly doubt it.

Have you ever smoked pot? Obviously not.   

I have.  Weed doesn't make you violent. 

Being a complete waste of skin assholw who thinks it's awesome to beat up on an infant makes you violent.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Inkidu

Quote from: Glossolalia on October 10, 2008, 09:35:05 PM
I... really?

I respect your opinion, but seriously, weed relaxes most people.

Or it makes them insanely paranoid.

Glossolalia

Quote from: Rhapsody on October 10, 2008, 09:35:31 PM
Weed isharmless in many circumstances.  In fact, it has some pretty nice health benefits, and studies have shown that over and over again.  But whatever, everyone has their own opinion about it.

But most importantly?  Do not blame marijuana for this guy's cruelty and abhorrent child abuse.  He was obviously screwed up to begin with, and emphasizing the fact that he smoked pot is just making excuses for his ugly, horrific, disgusting and frankly antisocial behaviour.

All I have to say is:

THIS.

My O/O's

Inkidu

Quote from: Rhapsody on October 10, 2008, 09:35:31 PM
Weed is harmless in many circumstances.  In fact, it has some pretty nice health benefits, and studies have shown that over and over again.  But whatever, everyone has their own opinion about it.

Have you ever smoked pot? Obviously not.   

I have.  Weed doesn't make you violent. 

Being a complete waste of skin assholw who thinks it's awesome to beat up on an infant makes you violent.
I can't know from this being secondhand knowledge but weed's not as tame as people make it out to be. Your right he couldve just been a sadistic bastard but I wouldn't totally rule the plant out of the equation.

No weed doesn't make You violent but I have seen it first hand. It can make people paranoid and stupid.

Glossolalia

But to blame it solely on weed, is almost excusing his actions.

There was no need for us to know that he smoked a little joint.

My O/O's

Inkidu

Quote from: Glossolalia on October 10, 2008, 09:40:52 PM
But to blame it solely on weed, is almost excusing his actions.

There was no need for us to know that he smoked a little joint.

Yeah but to totally exclude it based on secondhand knowledge?

Glossolalia

He'd be far more likely to commit a crime under the influence of alcohol.

My O/O's

Rhapsody

Quote from: Inkidu on October 10, 2008, 09:39:56 PM
I can't know from this being secondhand knowledge but weed's not as tame as people make it out to be. Your right he couldve just been a sadistic bastard but I wouldn't totally rule the plant out of the equation.

Again, inform yourself before you jump to conclusions.  I'm telling you this from first-hand experience, not the second-hand media spin you've obviously gotten.  Marijuana's a painkiller and a relaxant.  I used to smoke it when Midol wasn't helping with my menstrual cramps.  Only thing that worked for me to actually be able to make it through the day.  And yes, I also did it for the recreational buzz too.  It's a medically-viable drug that everyone's so goddamn afraid of, simply because the media has labelled it OMGGATEWAYDRUG, which it isn't.

Alcohol and tobacco, freely available to anyone of legal age, are far, far worse than marijuana, a drug you'd have to smoke nearly 700 times your own body weight in the span of a couple of hours to OD on, for you. 
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Inkidu

Quote from: Rhapsody on October 10, 2008, 09:44:55 PM
Again, inform yourself before you jump to conclusions.  I'm telling you this from first-hand experience, not the second-hand media spin you've obviously gotten.  Marijuana's a painkiller and a relaxant.  I used to smoke it when Midol wasn't helping with my menstrual cramps.  Only thing that worked for me to actually be able to make it through the day.  And yes, I also did it for the recreational buzz too.  It's a medically-viable drug that everyone's so goddamn afraid of, simply because the media has labelled it OMGGATEWAYDRUG, which it isn't.

Alcohol and tobacco, freely available to anyone of legal age, are far, far worse than marijuana, a drug you'd have to smoke nearly 700 times your own body weight in the span of a couple of hours to OD on, for you. 
I've seen it make people paranoid, stupid, and violent. Firsthand. Paranoid and stupid means the guy is riding in the car with you talking about going out to the police station and shooting them up because they followed him the other day. I said no (Wasn't driving) and he pulled a knife on me. Don't tell me it's freaking mellow.

Rhapsody

Quote from: Inkidu on October 10, 2008, 09:49:32 PM
I've seen it make people paranoid, stupid, and violent. Firsthand. Paranoid and stupid means the guy is riding in the car with you talking about going out to the police station and shooting them up because they followed him the other day. I said no (Wasn't driving) and he pulled a knife on me. Don't tell me it's freaking mellow.

Basic chemistry: amphetamines are uppers; they stimulate everything.  This is what makes you jumpy, energetic, paranoid and, with longterm effects, even delusional.  Tetrahydrocannabinol, the active ingredient in cannabis, is an analgesic, a painkiller, not an upper. 

I guarantee if the guy was paranoid and pulled a knife on you?  If he really had a joint, it wasn't the only thing he inhaled that night.

|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Inkidu

It could have possibly exacerbated some faulty wiring or something wiring or something, he might have had something else but all we saw him have was a joint. Now I know the majority of hash is not exactly what it started out as and there are different chemical compositions and some of the stuff sold isn't exactly mellow, but damn if he didn't pull a knife. Luckily he was in the middle seat and a guy got him from behind. 

However, what good does it do me to deal in speculation? I'm sure drugs work exactly the same way on everyone. 

Trieste

My firsthand experience with weed is that it causes severe nausea, incredible vertigo, chills, shaking, vomiting and did I mention the horrible, horrible vertigo and lots of puking?

My firsthand experience with weed is not indicative of an average experience, and quite possibly yours, Inkedu, is not, either.

Putting that particular dispute aside, though, I'll add that there is no evidence of his cannabis 'abuse' in the article. It mentions him smoking up once, in the whole thing, and even then, he mentions it in the course of what is probably a lie. So his statements about his use of cannabis are not reliable, since every other part of his story has been found to be unlikely.

Additionally, that sort of CONSTANT physical abuse of the child that they describe would require a fairly constant, solid high... if it had anything to do with the drug. Additionally, what goes up must come down; if the drug was what made him act in this manner in the first place, the natural progression of things would have been that once his mary-jane high wore off, he would have once more transformed into the loving, caring father that you seem to think he is and he would have gotten his child to a doctor.

He did not.

Additionally, I don't know if you followed the pathological info in there, but a lumbar spinal fracture is in the small of the back, just above the hips. Accidental injuries to the spine are usually caused by either blunt impact (like falling on your coccyx) or by the weight of the head yanking things out of place. A lumbar fracture -actual fracture - is extremely difficult to do.

To give you a better idea, a couple winters ago, I was going to grab coffee and stepped out of my apartment onto old-fashioned, solid granite stairs. I slipped on ice, and my feet literally flew out in front of me, such that by the time I landed across the steps, my feet were above my head-level, and I landed with the small of my back directly across the angled part of the step. I got the pointy part of a hard granite stair shoved into my lumbar region, with the force of a fall from, oh ... let's be generous and say a couple feet in the air, and I weigh solidly over 100 pounds... MUCH more than that baby weighed at the weight of a normal 6-month-old (she was undernourished and weighed the same when she died as she did at 6 months of age).

Even with THAT amount of force, with bones that are much stronger than those of a malnourished infant, I got one hell of a bruise, but I did not so much as slip a disc, let alone break my back.

This was intentional, deliberate, and malicious. It was not an act of paranoia, nor done out of ignorance. It was not a mishap. That child died in agony from the very deliberate act of someone who was supposed to take care of her. While her mother essentially stood by and watched.

Speaking of the mother, Inkedu, what is your explanation for her? Did she get high, too, and become paranoid about not calling the police on this man who was abusing her child? Did her paranoia induce her to skip doctor's appointments for the child? To ignore her father's advice to take the kid to a doctor about her arm? Please, explain that one.

Lastly, if someone is a 'cannabis abuser', this means they are not first-time users. In theory, this man knew the effects of cannabis on his psyche. Assuming you are completely right and not at all misguided regarding marijuana, he is still guilty of extreme negligence for partaking of a drug that he knows will remove him of his reasonable mental faculties while he is supposed to be caring for his child. Unacceptable. Inexcusable. The man should be severely punished. He is a monster.

Period.

Rhapsody

Quote from: Inkidu on October 10, 2008, 10:05:44 PM
It could have possibly exacerbated some faulty wiring or something wiring or something, he might have had something else but all we saw him have was a joint. Now I know the majority of hash is not exactly what it started out as and there are different chemical compositions and some of the stuff sold isn't exactly mellow, but damn if he didn't pull a knife. Luckily he was in the middle seat and a guy got him from behind. 

However, what good does it do me to deal in speculation? I'm sure drugs work exactly the same way on everyone. 

... You were seeming much more reasonable before you edited to add that last line.   Honestly? I'm done here.  I'm not going to go back and forth all night with you, Inkindu.  If you want to blame the weed for all the monstrosities in the world, thusly absolving the monstrosities themselves of their culpability for their actions?  Go right ahead.  I'm not going to argue with you anymore.

But I hope you know that it's that kind of attitude that makes false victims out of very real perpetrators.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Inkidu

Quote from: Rhapsody on October 10, 2008, 10:34:33 PM
... You were seeming much more reasonable before you edited to add that last line.   Honestly? I'm done here.  I'm not going to go back and forth all night with you, Inkindu.  If you want to blame the weed for all the monstrosities in the world, thusly absolving the monstrosities themselves of their culpability for their actions?  Go right ahead.  I'm not going to argue with you anymore.

But I hope you know that it's that kind of attitude that makes false victims out of very real perpetrators.
I didn't say it was totally the weed's fault, I didn't say the weed had nothing to do with. I'm saying it's not totally harmless, which you seem so dead-set on proving.

Pumpkin Seeds

Seriously....this is just horrific.  They obviously were going for a defaming of weed with the remark of cannibis...instead of just saying weed or pot like they do in alot of articles.  Honestly though, that...there is no explanation or excuse for that.  There is nothing...no amount of paranoia or faulty wiring is going to explain that.  The man beat a defenseless child to where what small portion of life she had was filled with pain and agony. 

Arguing weed over that...there is nothing to argue about.  There are crack heads and heroine addicts that wouldn't even hurt their children.  I am disgusted that the article even tries to blame this on a drug.  That child is owed more than some idiot's attempt at a war on drug's.  Poor baby.

Inkidu

Quote from: Asku on October 10, 2008, 11:01:46 PM
Seriously....this is just horrific.  They obviously were going for a defaming of weed with the remark of cannibis...instead of just saying weed or pot like they do in alot of articles.  Honestly though, that...there is no explanation or excuse for that.  There is nothing...no amount of paranoia or faulty wiring is going to explain that.  The man beat a defenseless child to where what small portion of life she had was filled with pain and agony. 

Arguing weed over that...there is nothing to argue about.  There are crack heads and heroine addicts that wouldn't even hurt their children.  I am disgusted that the article even tries to blame this on a drug.  That child is owed more than some idiot's attempt at a war on drug's.  Poor baby.
People tend to look at me funny when I say it's just plain evil. They want reasons.

Aiden

How about blaming the worthless sack of shit that was the mother and father.

Don't blame media/society or drugs (in this case)

Some people are just born pieces of shit (Fuck that there is good in all people bullshit people try to spread)
It is horrible that such a tragedy could occur to a child, its these cases I believe that they fucking ignorant people need to be chained up and beaten to death with any blunt object. Let their last moments of their lives being full of pain and misery.

(Yea I know some of my views are a bit distorted...save me the commentary on them...bottom line that asshole should die (in my opinion...along with the worthless mother))

Inkidu

Quote from: Aiden on October 10, 2008, 11:38:18 PM
How about blaming the worthless sack of shit that was the mother and father.

Don't blame media/society or drugs (in this case)

Some people are just born pieces of shit (Fuck that there is good in all people bullshit people try to spread)
It is horrible that such a tragedy could occur to a child, its these cases I believe that they fucking ignorant people need to be chained up and beaten to death with any blunt object. Let their last moments of their lives being full of pain and misery.

(Yea I know some of my views are a bit distorted...save me the commentary on them...bottom line that asshole should die (in my opinion...along with the worthless mother))
Locke Hobbs would be proud.

Trieste

Eh, Locke was all about being born with nothing. White paper, tabula rasa, whatever. Although he stole it from Aristotle.

Ergo, Aristotle would be proud. <3

Aiden

I'm not this "Crazy" about stuff like this, I'm just a very protective older brother....