Getting Hot and Plot Heavy (MxM)

Started by bandedbandit, April 02, 2019, 11:02:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandedbandit

Welcome to this post of mine,

I joined Elliquiy pretty recently, and I’d love to find some new writing partners.

Some Details:

-  I like to write stories in which sex is secondary (or tertiary (or fourtiary)). For me, the story, characters, writing, and relationships are by far the most interesting aspects. Some sex is fun, but I don’t love it when “What is the most narratively interesting choice?” is supplanted by “What narrative choice gets my character in his pants?”

- My posts tend to be pretty long, and they tend to be frequent. Yours do not have to be frequent, but in terms of length, I do prefer partners who like to hear themselves talk as much as I do.

- I primarily do MxM, but I’d be fine with any pairing. Non-binary folks are very welcome!

My Unpolished Plot Ideas:

The Boys Break Bad
I want to write something with a gay Bonnie and Clyde feel. Modern day, in which two people in love break from any conception of what is socially acceptable, going down a manic and perilous road of flashy, spur-of-the moment crimes.

Survival in a Strange Land
There is an expedition to investigate a part of the world untouched by the dominant society. Some preliminary exploration has been completed, and there is already some infrastructure and a promise of safety. A diverse team of researchers, guides, investors, and military personnel set out on what is supposed to be a brief, low-risk visitation. However, things go poorly.

The ship is attacked before it can port, and those who survive wash up on the unfamiliar shore of an unexplored continent, far from the base that was meant to feed, house, and protect them. Two people are thrown together – maybe a young biologist with a brilliant mind and absolutely no practical skills, a well-trained soldier who has to learn to think for himself, a wealthy man receiving a brutal wakeup into the realities of hardship, a crafty explorer who is likely weighed down by whoever is tossed into his lap, or anything else you can think of.

The Marked
There is an omnipotent ruler.  In most respects, they aren’t a tyrant, or even a particularly bad leader, but they are ruthless against anyone who might challenge them, outside their kingdom, or within. There is a prophesy that one day the ruler will be usurped by one of the marked - individuals who in their young adulthood find that a mysterious symbol appears on the palm of their left hand. The ruler is constantly searching to find these individuals and destroy them, as well as decimate any person, organization, or community which does not immediately turn in one of the marked to them. Whether from loyalty or terror, even those closest to the marked will often turn on them.

Character A and Character B have been best friends since childhood. When the mark appears on Character B’s palm, Character A risks everything to help them evade the monarch’s wrath.

Regicide in Times of Capitalism
Character A is the right-hand man of a wildly successful entrepreneur. Character B is the entrepreneur’s son. The two have one thing in common – they have a hell of a lot to gain by getting this captain of industry out of the picture. Permanently. Intrigue and underhanded dealing ensues.

Modern Mages
This one would involve some shared world-building. I’m interested in a modern, urban fantasy world involving wizards. I don’t have anything else concrete, just a lot of ideas. There is a possibility of an angle in which magic is known and integrated into modern society, or in which wizards tend to group into secret societies, pulling strings, competing, and regulating one another in a shadowy underworld. Pairings could be anything from an initiate being introduced into this world by someone already deep within it, two rival mages who are forced together to tackle a shared problem, a magic-user who has tried to step away and is pulled back in by a figure from his past, etc. etc.

Beach House
An arts foundation has a program in which two young artists are provided with housing and a stipend to complete a project in their discipline over a summer. The housing is a shared cottage in a tiny, coastal village. For this one I’m imagining a slow, sweet, slice of life story which will probably mostly consist of riding a bike to the grocery store and drinking coffee beside an open window and such.

Nobles Abound
I *%#@ing love playing nobles. If there is a story, and there is a minimum of one noble involved, then I am ready to dig right in.  Medieval lords? Check. 1800’s Russian aristocracy? Heck yes. SciFi 40k space lords? Bring it on. Drug lords? I don’t know, it has the word lord in it so I could probably make it work. Princes and kings? My god, that’s a third evolution lord. Let’s talk nobility.