Silent Hill-inspired Story

Started by Stan', June 14, 2009, 08:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan'

An Engineer works in a Listening Station in the middle of nowhere.  His job is to maintain all the machinery, and listen for any unusual messages coming through the radio.  Because of this, he works away from home for long periods of time.

Upon returning to his house and wife, he discovers something horrible - that she's a good few months pregnant, and there's no way he can be the dad.  We can either have it that she was raped, or has been having an affair because it seems her husband has been spending longer and longer periods away from home, even though she's asked him to stop.
What ever the case may be, she doesn't want to get rid of the baby, which causes her husband to snap.  He goes crazy, she gets frightened, she tries to run away but he's too strong and fast.  It all ends badly, he murders her and gets rid of the body, seemingly showing no remorse for his actions.

A few months goes by, he's back at the Listening Station full time now.  No need to go back home.  When a man who has been working there for years disappears, he is soon replaced by a young woman who my character instantly becomes attracted to.  But something doesn't seem right, and he starts to hear unusual, inaudible sounds on the radio.  One night, he's watching out the window when he catches a glimpse of a strange figure standing in the distance.  The figure appears more and more often, yet can never be caught when he goes out to meet her.

More and more strange things happen, as he starts to hear noises inside the station at night, and the woman he works with starts to look more and more familiar.

Anyone interested?  I realised I rambled on, so I stopped.   But give me a PM, and we can discuss it more.

Taken, for now.