Sacrifice to the False Gods (Slightly Extreme)(Somewhat Exotic)

Started by Panthean, April 08, 2010, 06:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panthean

Here's the pitch.

In the quiet remote village of Sapphira, it has been the tradition for centuries to sacrifice a beautiful young woman every winter solstice to the god Sapphirus. In return, it is said that Sapphirus blesses the village with bountiful food and fresh water for a continued prosperity. But what many of the villagers do not know is that the Sapphirus's bounty is a lie. The priests that have been the head of this system for many generations have secretly developed this tradition to make sacrifices to a demon that promised continued power over their people. They abuse their power by claiming right to all that is in the villages limits, and killing anyone who sticks their nose somewhere it doesn't belong.

Only one person has ever escaped the insanity. After being chosen for sacrifice sixty years ago, Ashleigh Durmon vanished. The psychological control that the priests have held over the people of Sapphira has begun to numb as mysterious disappearances and murders haunt the village. In the woods surrounding, something evil is lurking. The priests claim that it is their god's disdain over people fleeing from their duties as a sacrifice to Sapphirus. So, few people, now feeling that their rights have been pulled back far enough, begin to question the unholy authority, while many others only see the latest events as proof of Sapphirus's wrath.

Extreme for: sacrifice scenes, murder scenes (if any)
Exotic for: gods and demons in the plot... no god or demon characters

Requested Posting Length: 1 to 12 lines of text
Character types: all human
Specific Characters Needed: Priests (all M), Potential Sacrifices (all F)

Character info needed:
Name (Preferably come up with a last name)
Age/Gender (18+)
Physique (height, weight, eye color, etc.)
Outfit
Personality
Opinion of the current predicament
Role (If you want to specifically be or not be a priest or a sacrifice)

pendarious

what exactly constitutes a line? i need to know that.

but otherwise i'm game.

Name: Orphios Reshian
Physique: 6"00, 240 pounds, white hair, amber eyes, pale skin, thin but not frail
Clothes: a long black hooded robe, black boots, black gloves, and a silver amulet in the shape of the symbol of sapphirus

personality: publically he is silver tongued kind, genteel, and respectable, when within the confines of the establishment (church whatever) he is ruthless and cold, very manipulative.
Role: Priest.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Panthean

I'm going to change that... as my interests have begun to change...

I just want a fair amount of detail, but I don't want each post to be multiple paragraphs long, thus lengthening response time

---

and on a side note... I'd prefer if the priests were willing to develop the story a bit as we go along

---

that's 2 responses btw... 1 by pm... would rather you pm me

Untamed Skies

I have a couple of ideas but are we bound to priests or sacrifices? And are the priests all corrupt? Like are the those who are ignorant to what's going on? If they have knights I might have further ideas for such. Just need a bit more info on what all is involved with such

Panthean

okay.. got sidetracked in other rp's for a bit

Quote from: Untamed Skies on April 13, 2010, 10:26:43 AM
I have a couple of ideas but are we bound to priests or sacrifices?

No there are definitely typical townsfolk

And are the priests all corrupt? Like are the those who are ignorant to what's going on?

I guess not all of them have to be, but a majority should be

If they have knights I might have further ideas for such. Just need a bit more info on what all is involved with such

I don't know about this... maybe

RedEve

What exactly is the role of the women who are to be sacrificed?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Panthean

They will be subject to a cleansing ritual, and killed in a public ceremonial display

Panthean

And of course may be subject to sexual assault... as part of being an erotic rp